Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's fitting to be Hokage?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's fitting to be Hokage?

It is weird though. Every Kage we have seen is a powerhouse and maybe not the most intelligent or rational. Yet Kishi insists on reminding us that Shikamaru is a strong Hokage candidate. So either Shikamaru has some amazing hidden or developing power, or he'd be a new type of Kage. One that stresses leadership and intelligence with rational thought.
    Last edited by Jessie; August 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

A kage/hokage is military symbol of hidden villages/konoha. So of course, every kages /hokages should be a powerhouse.

Having shikamaru as a military symbol of konoha is kinda ridiculous. because that would mean that the konoha is weak. It's pretty obvious that the other hidden villages wouldn't hesitate to attack the konoha. After all,if their hokage is weak then it means that the konoha don't pose any threat to them.

This manga isn't like the kingdom. A warring state where shikamaru's brilliant mind was indeed fit to become a general/leader. This manga is all about ninja and power. And I think t'was already said way back in part one that the hokage should be the number one ninja of the konoha and one of the 5 strongest ninja in the ninja world. And shikamaru isn't like that.

Hashirama - the god of shinobi.
    Tobirama - a powerful suiton user, creator of ET and hiraishin and brother of the god of shinobi.
    Hiruzen - known as professor of konoha and ''god of shinobi'' by iruka.
    Minato - unsurpassed ninja by Ay and a savior/destined child by jiraiya.
    Tsunade - granddaughter of the God of shinobi, the best medical ninja of the ninja world and the strongest female ninja.
    Shikamaru - IQ 200 and a strategist. That's all.

Shikamaru's name didn't even fit to be on the hokage's list.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Shikamaru not fit when two of the Hokages are mainly known for their intelligences? Neither Minato or Sarutobi are what I would consider “powerhouses”, especially in the presences of the likes of Hashirama and Tobirama. Besides, Shikamaru's not exactly lacking in offense, as seen with his fight with Hidan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    How does Shikamaru not fit when two of the Hokages are mainly known for their intelligences? Neither Minato or Sarutobi are what I would consider “powerhouses”, especially in the presences of the likes of Hashirama and Tobirama. Besides, Shikamaru's not exactly lacking in offense, as seen with his fight with Hidan.
    I'll second this.
    Meh

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Noh. What happened to hidan shows that shikamaru is incompetent to fight anyone head on. He already setting his trap before he fought hidan. Meaning he's powerless. And the fact what he did to ''defeat'' hidan is one of the most boring tactics of all. Exploding tags? Really? Oh I forgot the shadow jutsu of his.

No. Minato and sarutobi are entirely different than shikamaru. Yea, they're no doubt known for their intelligence, but they used their intelligence/genius to replenish their arsenal or they used it for their ninjutsu, sealing jutsu, taijutsu and unique skills.

Have you seen shikamaru created his own ninjutsu? His own taijutsu? His own sealing jutsu? No? Of course, he's incompetent or talentless for that category. His brilliant IQ is useless for that department.

Gie him the scroll of hiraishin. Can he perfect that jutsu? I doubt that.
    I even doubt he can create his own sealing jutsu.
    And his taijutsu, well, that's choji.

His brilliant IQ is useless because he don't have the talent to be a high level ninja. He stuck to his shadow jutsu because that's just his limitation. He can't do something better because his jutsu relies on their ino-shika-cho.

He's not lacking in offense? Really? Well, can you enlighten me what kind of offense he'll use when he gonna fight
    1. Gaara.
    2. Raikage.
    3. Me I
    4. Oonoki

He can't even last for 1 minute with this kages on one on one.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Noh. What happened to hidan shows that shikamaru is incompetent to fight anyone head on. He already setting his trap before he fought hidan. Meaning he's powerless. And the fact what he did to ''defeat'' hidan is one of the most boring tactics of all. Exploding tags? Really? Oh I forgot the shadow jutsu of his.

No. Minato and sarutobi are entirely different than shikamaru. Yea, they're no doubt known for their intelligence, but they used their intelligence/genius to replenish their arsenal or they used it for their ninjutsu, sealing jutsu, taijutsu and unique skills.

Have you seen shikamaru created his own ninjutsu? His own taijutsu? His own sealing jutsu? No? Of course, he's incompetent or talentless for that category. His brilliant IQ is useless for that department.

His brilliant IQ is useless because he don't have the talent to be a high level ninja. He stuck to his shadow jutsu because that's just his limitation. He can't do something better because his jutsu relies on their ino-shika-cho.

He's not lacking in offense? Really? Well, can you enlighten me what kind of offense he'll use when he gonna fight
    1. Gaara.
    2. Raikage.
    3. Me I
    4. Oonoki

That Shikamaru already know their style is of great advantage to him and a disadvantage for them. He would have more problems against strong unknown shinobi imo.
    Meh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru, should you be the Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Shikamaru: HOKAGE???...HELLLL NOOOOOOOO...I'M TOO LAZY FOR THAT!...
    Last edited by naruto the best; August 24, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Gaara.
    2. Raikage.
    3. Me I
    4. Oonoki

How are they any different? Minato requires the same act of preparation as Shikamaru, spreading his tags or having them spread before he begins to fight. So calling Shikamaru out on it just doesn't work. And setting up the trap beforehand by no means meant he was powerless.

Seeing as there's nothing suggesting that he couldn't prefect Hiraishin if given the chance, or create his own sealing technique, that's moot reasoning.

And neither Minato or Sarutobi have created anything either, so again, they're all in the same boat there. Same with the idea of being able to fight any of the other Kages. Neither of them have the offense to take down Gaara, Ee, or Onoki. In fact, given his ability, Shikamaru would stand a much better chance of killing Gaara, Mei, and Onoki then them. He would be able to stop them from moving, and thus stopping them attacking, while allowing himself the power to choke them to death or pierce them with his shadow needles. Ee of course is questionable/unlikely given his cloak. He has shown several times he didn't need his teammates to fight, especially against a high level ninja. He showed that twice.

Considering Shikamaru lasted long enough against two S-rank ninjas, and actually beat an Akatsuki member whereas neither Minato or Sarutobi could get an outright win, it seems like he could handle himself just fine against a Kage (depending on who they were).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    That Shikamaru already know their style is of great advantage to him and a disadvantage for them. He would have more problems against strong unknown shinobi imo.
    No. Against a high level ninja or should I say an abnormal level ninja, he's literally useless.

Okay, so shikamaru did become a hokage after this war. And orochimaru is still trying to destroy the konoha. How do you expect shikamaru to stop orochimaru from murdering the entire konoha? Shadow no jutsu? His strategy? Is that even enough to stop the immortal orochimaru? No? Of course, his entire strategy are useless as long as a powerful ninja is concerned.

Shikamaru's strategy is perfect for a fodder ninjas. That's all there is.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

How are they any different? Minato requires the same act of preparation as Shikamaru, spreading his tags or having them spread before he begins to fight. So calling Shikamaru out on it just doesn't work. And setting up the trap beforehand by no means meant he was powerless.

Seeing as there's nothing suggesting that he couldn't prefect Hiraishin if given the chance, or create his own sealing technique, that's moot reasoning.

And neither Minato or Sarutobi have created anything either, so again, they're all in the same boat there. Same with the idea of being able to fight any of the other Kages. Neither of them have the offense to take down Gaara, Ee, or Onoki. In fact, given his ability, Shikamaru would stand a much better chance of killing Gaara, Mei, and Onoki then them. He would be able to stop them from moving, and thus stopping them attacking, while allowing himself the power to choke them to death or pierce them with his shadow needles. Ee of course is questionable/unlikely given his cloak. He has shown several times he didn't need his teammates to fight, especially against a high level ninja. He showed that twice.

Considering Shikamaru lasted long enough against two S-rank ninjas, and actually beat an Akatsuki member whereas neither Minato or Sarutobi could get an outright win, it seems like he could handle himself just fine against a Kage (depending on who they were).
    Shikamaru has better chance to defeat gaara? Mei? And oonoki? Are you out of your mind, RK? I meant no disrespect but that opinion is really bias as hell.

Do you honestly believe that shikamaru's shadow is enough to stop gaara's movement and his entire sand?
    Oonoki who can fly and can activate his dust element in an instant?
    Mei who can create an acid mist?

That's crazy. Yea. But that's your opinion. So good luck with that.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

,The difference is Shikamaru’s effective preparations needed considerable time until done, while Minato needed an instant to get the job done.

Quote Quote:
    ,Did you forget that Minato created Rasengan? Ee would have been wounded already without Bee’s interference. Do you think Shikamaru can perform the same against the Kumo brothers with what Minato did to them? And Shikamaru doesn’t stand a better chance. He just doesn’t have the better offense to take these guys I’m not even gonna delve with battle preparations. He prepared much against Hidan yet if it weren’t for Kakashi to defend them from Kakuzu’s raiton he’s already done.

Quote Quote:
    ,He lasted that enough because Kakashi was there. Undoudtedly without him that clash would have ended shortly with Hidan-Kakuzu winning. Shikamaru’s undoubtedly a genius, but not on Minato’s level on general terms.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    ,Did you forget that Minato created Rasengan? Ee would have been wounded already without Bee’s interference. Do you think Shikamaru can perform the same against the Kumo brothers with what Minato did to them? And Shikamaru doesn’t stand a better chance. He just doesn’t have the better offense to take these guys I’m not even gonna delve with battle preparations. He prepared much against Hidan yet if it weren’t for Kakashi to defend them from Kakuzu’s raiton he’s already done.
    Where was it said Raikage would have been wounded if it weren't for Bee? All we know is that Bee pushed Raikage out of the way... whether or not Minato would have damaged Raikage is just a speculation by fans. Minato also lacks the offense to take care of the Raikagek and Bee... notice how they're still alive. Hell, Bee managed to stalemate with Minato and wasn't even shocked when Minato appeared behind him.

Very few can handle Kakuzu though. Even Naruto needed to get bailed out by Yamato and Kakashi. Kakuzu not only had experience, but he was arguably the most versatile ninja, physically.

Quote Quote:
    He lasted that enough because Kakashi was there. Undoudtedly without him that clash would have ended shortly with Hidan-Kakuzu winning. Shikamaru’s undoubtedly a genius, but not on Minato’s level on general terms.
    I wouldn't say Shikamaru is a prodigal genius though. That's more like Sasuke, Neji, Minato (at least, before this war), and Itachi. Shikamaru is just very highly intelligent and arguably smarter than Minato and Kakashi. Given the proper time to shine, Shikamaru could do so much for the Alliance that Minato, Sasuke, and Naruto can't or couldn't do in terms of plans... but sadly Kishi won't allow that. He just cares more about Sasuke and Naruto shining and won't care much about the rookies.

But what does this have to do with whether Sasuke should be a hokage or a hokage candidate? Overall, Sasuke would be a much better hokage than Naruto and Shikamaru. If it was about intelligence and doing what's right, then that easily goes to Shikamaru. If it's about social aspects and power, Naruto would be a better choice. If it was about power and doing what's right and intelligence, Sasuke is a better choice.

Sadly, none of the shinobi in Naruto's grade or higher is a complete package like Kakashi. Kakashi is powerful, is great at social aspects, intelligent, will make the decisions he has to, and has renown and the hierarchy to become a hokage.

He was Minato's pupil, who was JIraiya's, who was Hiruzen's, who was the first two hokage's. Kakashi's father is also the famous White Fang, who was said to have as much respect/renown as the Three Sannins. Plus, Naruto, Sasuke, and Shikamaru are far too young to be hokage.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru has better chance to defeat gaara? Mei? And oonoki? Are you out of your mind, RK? I meant no disrespect but that opinion is really bias as hell.

Do you honestly believe that shikamaru's shadow is enough to stop gaara's movement and his entire sand?
    Oonoki who can fly and can activate his dust element in an instant?
    Mei who can create an acid mist?

That's crazy. Yea. But that's your opinion. So good luck with that.
    What's bias about it? Shikamaru doesn't need any preparation to catch someone with his shadow and strangle them to death. Minato at the very least would need a tag near his target to instantly slay them, and even then that's not a sure method against Gaara or Onoki. And Sarutobi has shown nothing.

If Shikamaru catches them, then neither Onoki or Mei would be able to use their techniques, meaning they would be defenseless. Gaara would still be able to use his sand somewhat, as we saw in Lee's hospital room during the Chuunin Exam arc, but most of his techniques require the movement of his arms. With him, it would basically come down to whether Shikamaru could choke him before Gaara could save himself with his sand.

,The difference is Shikamaru’s effective preparations needed considerable time until done, while Minato needed an instant to get the job done.
    Considerable time? It didn't take him that long to set up against Hidan and Kakuzu.

Did you forget that Minato created Rasengan? Ee would have been wounded already without Bee’s interference. Do you think Shikamaru can perform the same against the Kumo brothers with what Minato did to them? And Shikamaru doesn’t stand a better chance. He just doesn’t have the better offense to take these guys I’m not even gonna delve with battle preparations. He prepared much against Hidan yet if it weren’t for Kakashi to defend them from Kakuzu’s raiton he’s already done.
    No, but the fact that Minato copied it from the Bijuu Blast sort of take away from that. There's nothing to suggest that Ee would have been wounded. Everything we've seen would say he wouldn't have been harmed. Could Shikamaru do what Minato did? No, because Shikamaru has no connection to a Jinchuuriki and thus wouldn't have been to give them the same advice. And the claim about offense against Hidan and Kakuzu is moot. Even Kakashi had trouble against them, and neither Minato or Sarutobi would have the means to kill them, at least not without killing themselves.

He lasted that enough because Kakashi was there. Undoudtedly without him that clash would have ended shortly with Hidan-Kakuzu winning. Shikamaru’s undoubtedly a genius, but not on Minato’s level on general terms.
    Aside from the fact that Shikamaru did have some counter ready, you seem to be forgetting that Shikamaru also saved Kakashi when he was about to have his heat ripped out by Kakuzu. So I wouldn't sale him short there. And unfortunately, Minato hasn't exactly been showing any genius level thinking...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

What's bias about it? Shikamaru doesn't need any preparation to catch someone with his shadow and strangle them to death. Minato at the very least would need a tag near his target to instantly slay them, and even then that's not a sure method against Gaara or Onoki. And Sarutobi has shown nothing.
    Doesn't need any preparation? Yea, but that's only for any fodder. Shikamaru's shadows is useless for the likes of raikage, gaara, orochimaru or any other elite and high level ninja. His shadow jutsu is a fodder jutsu that fit to a fodder ninjas. You've been overestimating shikamaru far too much. Comparing him for the likes of minato and hiruzen is really ridiculous and bias as hell.

If Shikamaru catches them, then neither Onoki or Mei would be able to use their techniques, meaning they would be defenseless. Gaara would still be able to use his sand somewhat, as we saw in Lee's hospital room during the Chuunin Exam arc, but most of his techniques require the movement of his arms. With him, it would basically come down to whether Shikamaru could choke him before Gaara could save himself with his sand.
    No. The strongest his opponent is, the more shikamaru become a useless. It doesn't matter if he can stop gaara's movement with his shadow, but gaara's ultimate defense will gonna kick his useless ass instantly.

And the key word is ''catches''. So far, shikamaru isn't good in that department. Remember, if a lowly root ninja, which is sai, by the way, can easily trashed shikamaru's shadow, then a ninja above than sai could easily trash that too. If shikamaru can't catch sai's shadow, then how do you expect him to catch a high level ninja's shadow?

Considerable time? It didn't take him that long to set up against Hidan and Kakuzu.
    No. It takes a day or two for shikamaru to set up those trap. Don't tell me shikamaru has the ability to dig a hole in an instant. And the fact that if kakashi wasn't there, this useless trio would be dead.

No, but the fact that Minato copied it from the Bijuu Blast sort of take away from that. There's nothing to suggest that Ee would have been wounded. Everything we've seen would say he wouldn't have been harmed. Could Shikamaru do what Minato did? No, because Shikamaru has no connection to a Jinchuuriki and thus wouldn't have been to give them the same advice. And the claim about offense against Hidan and Kakuzu is moot. Even Kakashi had trouble against them, and neither Minato or Sarutobi would have the means to kill them, at least not without killing themselves.
    Copied isn't an exact word. Because the manga clearly said he invented it. And no, you failed to analyzed that raikage thanks bee. That alone is enough that minato can harm him. And as you know, raikage said that minato as unsurpassed. Maybe that's the reason for kicking his ass together with his raiton shield by minato. There's no other reason why raikage said those word, as a prideful raikage as him, isn't that as an obvious that his raiton shield isn't enough to protect him for the likes of minato?

No. Hidan and kakuzu aren't enough to make minato run for his money. They aren't capable to do that. There's no other ninja who pose a threat to minato when he's still alive. If the freaking kyubi can't harm minato, do you expect those duo can? Then you must be out of your mind.

Okay, what about shikamaru will fight the kyubi to protect the konoha. Can he do it? No. He'll die with just a second.

The thing is, minato can trash anyone of shikamaru's opponent so far, whereas shikamaru can't do a thing,p and he's a freaking useless to minato's opponent. That's absolutely a fact. So stop comparing shikamaru to minato, because they're not a comparable at all, it's ridiculous and nonsense.

Aside from the fact that Shikamaru did have some counter ready, you seem to be forgetting that Shikamaru also saved Kakashi when he was about to have his heat ripped out by Kakuzu. So I wouldn't sale him short there. And unfortunately, Minato hasn't exactly been showing any genius level thinking...
    Oh? Really? Okay, that's your opinion after all,

Well, the manga just shown two fights of minato. And when he fought obito, minato at that time shows he's no doubt a freaking genius of all genius, why?

Well, itachi, for all his life, he can't even solve the mystery about obito's power, that's the reason why he used a last ditch effort to kill him through sasuke, so that he can caught him off guard. But sad to say, he failed.

For sasuke, he already fought/seen obito's jutsu for two times already. And yet he's still shocked on what the hell is that jutsu.

See that? With those three ninja's, only minato was the one who solved obito's jutsu in an instant. And yet you're underestimating him? Gosh,

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Where was it said Raikage would have been wounded if it weren't for Bee? All we know is that Bee pushed Raikage out of the way... whether or not Minato would have damaged Raikage is just a speculation by fans. Minato also lacks the offense to take care of the Raikagek and Bee... notice how they're still alive. Hell, Bee managed to stalemate with Minato and wasn't even shocked when Minato appeared behind him.
    ,I believe he would have been wounded at least, though not enough to kill the Raikage. He could have wounded the Raikage as what was evidenced by Bee’s tentacle being cut. That’s just a very obvious hint, had Bee not pushed A. Also, the point of my post is that Shikamaru couldn’t do the same fast trick as displayed by Minato whose reflexes are enough to evade A’s fastest punch attack. Minato needed his hiraishin and Naruto needed his cloak to evade such thing, and Shikamaru really doesn’t have the tool. Rikodou King seems to really mess with this comparison, putting Minato to a level where he doesn’t deserve to. Everybody has his opinion, but saying Minato didn’t create his thing either (which is FALSE), and Shikamaru would do better against the likes of those mentioned kages seem to be just a hell of bias, not an objective evaluation of their abilities. Tell me, if that was Shikamaru’s standing there and A pulls his fastest punch, would he be able to evade? Put Shikamaru against Tobi that night with Minato, do you think Shikamaru does even have the tool to fuck the job up?

Quote Quote:
    Very few can handle Kakuzu though. Even Naruto needed to get bailed out by Yamato and Kakashi. Kakuzu not only had experience, but he was arguably the most versatile ninja, physically.
    ,Correct.

Quote Quote:
    I wouldn't say Shikamaru is a prodigal genius though. That's more like Sasuke, Neji, Minato (at least, before this war), and Itachi. Shikamaru is just very highly intelligent and arguably smarter than Minato and Kakashi. Given the proper time to shine, Shikamaru could do so much for the Alliance that Minato, Sasuke, and Naruto can't or couldn't do in terms of plans... but sadly Kishi won't allow that. He just cares more about Sasuke and Naruto shining and won't care much about the rookies.
    ,Genius, when the skills aren’t enough to back it up, is moot, especially when dealing with the current adversary whose power is beyond ridiculous.

Quote Quote:
    But what does this have to do with whether Sasuke should be a hokage or a hokage candidate? Overall, Sasuke would be a much better hokage than Naruto and Shikamaru. If it was about intelligence and doing what's right, then that easily goes to Shikamaru. If it's about social aspects and power, Naruto would be a better choice. If it was about power and doing what's right and intelligence, Sasuke is a better choice.
    ,Shikamaru as a hokage candidate, in my own opinion, should be taken out of the picture. He just doesn’t fit the title. Konoha needs a powerful leader.

,If Sasuke becomes the hokage and Naruto gets the role like that of a Sage that influences villages (Jiraiya’s prophecy satisfied), that’s fine with me. But if he becomes hokage and Naruto is put on the sidelines, not just comfortable with it, of course from a Naruto fan’s view. After all, for me, Naruto has the best Requirements and picture for it.

Social aspects – Naruto
    Power – Naruto
    Hokage Relation – Naruto (son of Yondaime)
    Historical Heroic Picture – Naruto (defended the village, never did think of destroying Konoha)
    Title itself - Naruto

,Of course you have another bet and can pile up another list for your bet’s winning edge. But that’s my stand!

Quote Quote:
    Sadly, none of the shinobi in Naruto's grade or higher is a complete package like Kakashi. Kakashi is powerful, is great at social aspects, intelligent, will make the decisions he has to, and has renown and the hierarchy to become a hokage.

He was Minato's pupil, who was JIraiya's, who was Hiruzen's, who was the first two hokage's. Kakashi's father is also the famous White Fang, who was said to have as much respect/renown as the Three Sannins. Plus, Naruto, Sasuke, and Shikamaru are far too young to be hokage.
    ,Doesn’t change the fact that Shikamaru survived with him on the show. Otherwise Shikamaru was eliminated already. Team 10 alone in that fight is helpless without Kakashi.

,Where is faster? Shikamaru extending his shadow or Minato throwing a kunai to reach the desired target? Not to mention Hiraishin Level II lol.

Quote Quote:
    ,Gaara was seen to be waving his hands when controlling huge sand tactics, but it can take offense and defense at short range without him having to move his hands, many times we saw already. Gaara’s sand will just take the offensive and disturb him, thus Shikamaru no longer have the shadow jutsu control as he has to maintain his position while doing it. Moot.

,If we really consider one on one scenario here unlike the first setting with Hidan and Kakuzu where we saw Shikamaru stealthing over, I don’t see the two powerful kages Mei and oonoki falling for the obvious shadow trick, even more so with Oonoki since he can fly. Mei can actually just activate instantly his corrosion technique and Shikamaru is done. I’m giving Shikamaru at least a chance with battle preparations, but without it it’s zero win for him, really.

Quote Quote:
    ,It took him days to set it up. Rikodou what’s happening to you? No offense you know, but you’re actually making the guy overrated which seems to cloud your objective assessment lol.

Quote Quote:
    ,He created it. That’s the point, which disproves your claim. A would have been wounded as we did see Minato was able to cut Bee’s tail thanks to it, which saved A by pushing him. Why did you refer to that advice when I am referring to the battle scene which obviously cannot be displayed by Shikamaru? That alone speaks you should stop overrating him. And I did refer to A and Bee about that offense that Shikamaru in comparison wouldn’t be able to pull something like Minato toying with the duo with his hiraishin. Point is, Shikamaru would have been eliminated had Kakashi didn’t intervene. And if it was Minato in the scene, he can just warp that raiton and thus Kakashi no longer had to fry himself with that attack.

Quote Quote:
    ,Thanks to the trap Shikamaru planted for days. About Minato’s genius, you really are biased towards him lol. Learn to give shinobi credit where it’s due. Don’t be blinded with your subjective attitude towards the guy. The guy who managed to launch an immediate counter to Tobi’s materialization jutsu and blow him. The guy who quickly thought of marking Bee’s tentacle to teleport at the place opponents have the least expectation and hence fooled A, who is the recent commander of the Whole Alliance and salute him. The guy who invented Rasengan, an A-rank technique. The guy who improved Space time techniques. The guy who criticized in an instant Kakashi’s chidori. The guy who was the only one to follow Kushina’s trail and saved her. The guy who managed to save his village from further Kyuubi skirmish. The guy who quickly thought of involving his and Kushina’s chakra in the seal with his anticipation of Naruto’s possible journey and clearly those things were materialized for his son as evidenced by the manga during Pain Invasion and Naruto’s training. Sasuke has genius level thinking, right? So does Minato.
    Last edited by naruto the best; August 27, 2013 at 05:36 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member moonking's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Shikamaru must not be compared to the name 'minato'.It's like comparing 'heaven' and 'hell'.
    Minato's caliber can compete with high kage level opponents,while shika is just a rookie for rookies, or someone that need teammates to beat strong ninjas out there.
    Naruto,like his dad,will be the future hokage while sasuke and shikamaru are just his assistants for the village welfare and protection..

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast