Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Levi spin off?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Levi spin off?

I've read that a spinoff manga series about Levi is happening? Does anyone know if this is confirmed and if so when will it start? Also if it's being done by Isayama or not. I've also heard the Anime has apparently been confirmed for 3 more seasons?

Can anyone confirm this or is it just fans dreaming? Cheers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like
    People Live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true . That is how they define "reality" .
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirrage .
    Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world , shaped by their beliefs .

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Levi spin off?

Quote Originally Posted by epictoads View Post
    Also if it's being done by Isayama or not. I've also heard the Anime has apparently been confirmed for 3 more seasons?
    This last is a lye. Actually manga chapters can cover not more than 1 maybe 1 and half season.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    This last is a lye. Actually manga chapters can cover not more than 1 maybe 1 and half season.
    Thanks, I thought that sounded odd.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting Levi-spinoff info from the Hangout Thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Shingeki no Kyojin: Birth of Levi ↓
    Spoiler show

Sources:
    http://shingeki-kyojin.com/archives/32542290.html
    http://m-u-m-i.tumblr.com/post/62403324686/snk-spin-off

Levi had childhood friends(Probably the two in the colored cover)...which explains his face when he asked Mikasa about Eren. T^T. Nooo...I'm starting to become a Levi fan...T^T

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see more. The artwork looks really nice, hmm...I wonder who those two people on the cover are? Levi's old teammates? Maybe one of them is Hanji in pigtails (lol) ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn. Should've posted things here instead...XD

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Pic Updates:
    Spoiler show

ARIA summary text:
    Spoiler show

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

A group called "white flower" has scanlations up for the prologue already on tumblr. I didn't really follow what was going on there very well though. Either I need a reread or it was disjointed in the writing or missing something...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    A group called "white flower" has scanlations up for the prologue already on tumblr. I didn't really follow what was going on there very well though. Either I need a reread or it was disjointed in the writing or missing something...
    I think it's supposed to be a prologue of a prologue. The first 12 pages that we got were like a small sneak-peek or something that's why the dialogue seems choppy (?).
    The girl and the guy with Levi totally have crazy anime hair. I'm surprised they don't have pink and blue hair.

btw, Erwin's face at the end is killing me slowly, ah.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    It seems like levi is a criminal with 3DMG training. The hairstyles of his 2 friends seem a bit out-there, given that Isayama has only had a few characters with "Anime-like" hair.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it's the whole thing and it at least made sense on the reread I just did now. I must've been out of it earlier. The "Before the fall" prologue was about 10 pages as well.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how I feel about Levi being the main character. He seems way to much like the stereotypical shonen hereo, that is to say, overpowered as hell with no real psychological weaknesses either. The main reason I love Erin as a main character is that he isn't perfect. He has major psychological weaknesses (impulsiveness, borderline psychopathy, etc.) and seems to lose just as many fights as he wins. Levin on the other hand has been practically invincible other than the fact that he was injured protecting Mikasa. I really hope Isayama makes Levi weaker and gives him room for character development in this spin off, because if not, it seems like he'll be a boring main character.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^I think we'll learn how he became the soldier he is now thanks to his encounter with Erwin(who is also a main character). His character will be developed, he joined the army to kill Erwin, the actual Levi would never do that. We could see the members who are dead in SNK too(Auruo!!)
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true he doesn't seem to have significant failings (aside from poor manners, lol), but Levi is surely more complex than we get to see in the main story. He just doesn't get much focus really. His weakness is probably just not something as visible as other characters' are, and the main story doesn't have time to focus on that. At least that's my guess for now. I just can't imagine them leaving him totally flat as a character.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Levi still wanted to kill Erwin, but simply ended up finding the wisdom to restrain himself from getting revenge for the greater good of humankind. He was supposed to be a guy who follows orders from superiors easily (despite being so rude to everybody), yet in the forest he has a strange exchange with Erwin where he's told to refuel (after everyone had thought Annie's titan had bit it) and he seems to question it, before finally following orders. He's a complex guy I think. There's some Eren-like rage in him for sure though. I'd be extremely surprised if those friends of his survive to the end of the story and he's surely going to blame himself for that in part. ((Another guess: Erwin could and should have saved their lives somehow but chose not to, and Levi is entrapped into some kind of bargain that forces him into the Recon Corps. His zeal for killing titans exists because this is his way of getting "revenge" on Erwin, or acting that fantasy out, or something like that.))

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Levi being the main character. He seems way to much like the stereotypical shonen hereo, that is to say, overpowered as hell with no real psychological weaknesses either. The main reason I love Erin as a main character is that he isn't perfect. He has major psychological weaknesses (impulsiveness, borderline psychopathy, etc.) and seems to lose just as many fights as he wins. Levin on the other hand has been practically invincible other than the fact that he was injured protecting Mikasa. I really hope Isayama makes Levi weaker and gives him room for character development in this spin off, because if not, it seems like he'll be a boring main character.
    I assumed that the whole point of this spin-off was to develop him and show HOW he became so OP and mentally solid (at least on the outside). If he were just killing Titans all time it would get boring.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast