Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Help: Manga name

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AspiringManga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Help: Manga name

I am having issues involving my protagonists name and I need help. The problem I am currently facing is that I want to make a custom name as my character is unique and I would prefer it if his name added to his image. The problem I am facing is that I am looking forward to in the future evolving my manga for Japan and as a result I want it to translate well. I am not too familiar with Japanese and I'm not quite sure how it would work. I am looking to combine mystery with distance or music but I do not know how it would translate to kanji and if it is possible given the rules of the language. I would be extremely delighted if I could receive help from this community as most of my skill lies in the art and plot of my manga. Thanks in advance for the assistance and/or guidance I receive following this post. I'll check back often
    Last edited by AspiringManga; September 02, 2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: First title was misleading I apologize.
    The smallest difference can be misinterpreted by the readers

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nanaDmari's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help: Manga name

I don't think that for it to go to Japan the name would need to be in Japanese, unless it is really important to the plot that the meaning comes across to the readers easily. But I think it's really good for characterization, this kind of concept.
    Then, I'm also curious how that name would be now. I can ask for my japanese teacher how you could use those for a name :]

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RinGO321227's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help: Manga name

Hi! Can you tell me in details the characteristics (attitude, etc) of your character? I think I can help in giving him/her the name and the kanji.
    全力で夢をおいかけろ

New Reply