Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 107: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Chapter 108: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 03, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

As stated before, Oni is #1 player during his first year. Then, he really seal off his Kishin aura then. If Tanegashima can beat Oni, then obviously he'll be #1 instead of Oni.

I think this suggests that he play Oni in the second year, which is when Oni already seal his power already. And Oni within Kishin is, while strong, is not as strong as Oni with Kishin. Not to mention the current Oni got PoP too.

Also, in chapter 107, I think it's rather clear that sometimes, before people activate the aura, they can already using some of the aura effect.

This means that some event back then might need to be take into consideration again, such as Oni returning serve and getting PoP. Or how Tezuka beat Chitose with Saiki before activating his own Saiki.

Echizen also "might" temporary enter PoP at semi final match with Kintarou, too.
    Last edited by -Ken-; September 03, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the Oni that didn't beat Tanegashima wasn't Kishin!Oni. If Shuuji managed to beat Kishin!, then he would be No.1 and above Byodouin, but if that match happened in Oni's second year then Tanegashima didn't beat an all out Oni. Probably, Kishin!Oni is just above Tanegashima because he doesn't use special shots and his rallying skills are probably better than Tanegashima's so if Shuuji played Oni's true strength he would have lost.

BA is really awesome, Sanada can manipulate the course of the shot at will, he can do whatever he wants with it. However, I felt that Konomi had to show more dominance of Sanada with BA and at least in the next chapters show Shuuji returning it, however, as Oni explained, it's just Shuuji's natural ability to nullify any special shot, so it doesn't matter what shot it is. I also understand why he's above Duke as he can probably just shit on DH and Shuuji's stats are probably stronger.

I wonder what will happen next, but probably the key to defeating Shuuji is Akutsu as he doesn't use any special shots and you have to rely on your base skills to beat Shuuji. How they magically overcome Shuuji's ability is unknown, but it'll be interesting to see how the match goes from now on.

Ohmagari is just out of this. He was completely overwhelmed and I don't think that he has anything more than his Nitoryuu, so he's just out of this battle.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; September 03, 2013 at 04:25 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kokushoku no Aura reminds me of GUYU. I wonder if Tezuka could return it without TnK seeing how he managed to break through GUYU as well. Fuwa might be able to deal with it too. He doesn't need to look at the ball to hit it, so he might be able to just look at Sanada's second swing and adjust his own position from there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Kokushoku no Aura reminds me of GUYU. I wonder if Tezuka could return it without TnK seeing how he managed to break through GUYU as well. Fuwa might be able to deal with it too. He doesn't need to look at the ball to hit it, so he might be able to just look at Sanada's second swing and adjust his own position from there.
    If it's taking points against Ohmagari who's No.6 and would destroy Fuwa, then Fuwa stands no chance against that. Even CE won't work because the sudden change the ball has and his crazy spin makes it almost impossible to return. That technique alone can break TZ and TP. Zone because Sanada can change the direction before Tezuka hits the ball and Phantom because if he puts a spin to force it out Sanada can change the spin and score.

It's not that easy to return you know. BA is very very hard to return (not counting Shuuji as you can't score on him with special shots). For a MS excluding TnK is the best move so far, even it would avoid shots like AK or Phantom.

Moreover Kaoz, this shot is way harder to return than GUYU.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. The fact that he has to swing a second time means you'll be able to grasp the ball's change in direction as long as you read that swing. It's faster than GUYU for sure, but Tezuka even managed to return GUYU as inside-in. If he's just going for a backhand (assuming that same situation), I think him being able to return KA wouldn't be weird.

As for Fuwa, there's no question that he'd lose to Ohmagari, that doesn't mean he's necessarily worse than Ohmagari against every single technique there is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni was only #2 even on the 2nd string so he obviously did lose some games after he decided to take it easy. That said I don't think the statement "I've never beaten Tanegashima" is supposed to be this guy that came along on the second year that Oni can't beat while he's messing around. I just don't see how he can end up in doubles if he's supposed to be able to actually beat Oni (remember draws are totally possible in POT) so if he did, it implies he must have some other serious weakness in his singles game for him to get passed up on the singles slot over Byodouin/Ryoga/Oni (Duke can be argued as the need for an obligatory power player).

The Black Aura obviously can be reacted to, as Ohmagari was able to do (with difficulty). I'd imagine someone with extremely good base stats can simply react to it on time, but you're talking about Oni level kind of base stats to do it. At any rate, Sanada is using his technique totally wrong. If he can hit his own shot twice he can deifnitely hit the enemy shot before it goes over the net, so all he has to do it is hit the return straight down before it goes over the net. We know he can hit the ball to the left, right, or up, so I'm guessing down is fine. It'd create a 5th counter type effect but it can't be negated by 'fancy spin' because he's simply knocking the ball down with brute force before it even got over the net. I guess the opponent can then try to lob every ball but then all you've to do is stop using Black Aura when you see a lob.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While draws are technically possible, how many have we seen so far? Two if I remember correctly (Kawamura vs Kabaji and Echizen vs Tooyama)? So while it's possible, it's not exactly common.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While draws are technically possible, how many have we seen so far? Two if I remember correctly (Kawamura vs Kabaji and Echizen vs Tooyama)? So while it's possible, it's not exactly common.
    Assuming Tanegashima has been around since the first year, that'd mean has to lose to at least 2 different people if he actually beat Oni to not be the #1. I just don't think there would be much of a point for Oni to talk about not beating Tanegashima if he was holding back like he did after the first year, because clearly the Oni after first year can easily never beat certain top players because he's not even trying anymore. Given that Byodouin is away training in the mountains and Ryoga and Tokugawa aren't in the camp yet, that'd mean it really didn't take that much to beat Tanegashima. This is assuming there aren't some really strong guys in H2/H3 during the year Oni was H1 since it pretty much looked like the H1 Oni group pretty much dominated the U17 camp.

I think Tanegashima is extremely strong versus certain types of player but must also be equally susceptible to some other types of player.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's entirely possible that Shuuji doesn't want to be #1. The whole "I'm afraid of flying" thing is clearly just a ploy to stay at the Camp, so there's a chance that because he wasn't going on the "Expeditions," he couldn't be #1.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually 3, Atobe VS Irie. If you call that a draw lol. They were far from even haha.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Assuming Tanegashima has been around since the first year, that'd mean has to lose to at least 2 different people if he actually beat Oni to not be the #1.
    Unless Byoudouin beat Oni in a rematch before Tanegashima did. And there's also the chance that Byoudouin beat Tanegashima.

Also 108 translation is up: http://translations.shamannet.com/?p=673

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Oni was only #2 even on the 2nd string so he obviously did lose some games after he decided to take it easy.
    Not quite.
    Due to the nature of the shuffles, its likely Tokugawa delievered 6-0 defeats in a shorter time amount than Oni so he had the better winning percentage.
    Irie likely took too long to win matches he could have won in 12mins out of his twisted enjoyment so he was 3rd.
    And then so on for the rest of the list.
    It doesn't confirm that each person's rank on the list is their genuine and unquestionable rank from the 2ndString list.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Not quite.
    Due to the nature of the shuffles, its likely Tokugawa delievered 6-0 defeats in a shorter time amount than Oni so he had the better winning percentage.
    Irie likely took too long to win matches he could have won in 12mins out of his twisted enjoyment so he was 3rd.
    And then so on for the rest of the list.
    It doesn't confirm that each person's rank on the list is their genuine and unquestionable rank from the 2ndString list.
    Given the shuffle matches are supposed to determine the best 20 players in the reserve team it'd be pretty bizarre if Irie/Tokugawa/Oni never played each other in the 50 matches (5 a day * 50). I mean there aren't even 50 legitmate candidates for top 20 in the U17 camp but somehow the best 3 players never played each other? I'm pretty sure those matches aren't picked at random since there's literally no point to have the top 3 guys play anyone weaker than a court 3 equivalent.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no real point in showing us the list like that if it isn't accurate. And of course it's likely that Oni lost a couple matches after sealing Kijin, after all he would probably be the former No. 3 otherwise and not the former No. 5.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast