Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Chapter 107: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Chapter 108: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 03, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

  2. #31
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Well, first of all, let's ignore Tokugawa, Oni, Irie and Yukimura, and focus on the other 16 (since they are the ones relevant to this discussion from what I can tell).
    Do you think it's likely that, if you draw them at random, you'd get groups of 1st court (No. 4-7) and 3rd court (No. 12-14) like that? Basically, if you just wrote down the names, why wouldn't it be Sekine at 8, Migihashi at 9 and Nakagauchi at 11 (or something similar), wouldn't it be more likely for someone to keep the individual courts together as a group? On the other hand, when drawing lots, the chance of those groups of four to exist in the first place is pretty small.

    Secondly, like Phantron said, since the coaches determine the matches, they probably wouldn't set up something like Tokugawa vs Minami. As a result, the probability of those that ended up in the top 20 facing each other rises (in fact even if it's completely random, I'm pretty sure you are likely to get a decent amount of matches against another top 20 member). Lastly, let's say you have two players A and B of unknown skill level, as well as group of players C1-C100, with everyone in that group being relatively close to each other in skill. If A defeated 80 of those people and B only 60, wouldn't you say A > B? Even though they haven't actually played against each other?

  3. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't see the point of Oni talking about Tanegashima if he's talking about when he's holding back because when Oni is holding back he doesn't appear to be that strong. His power is supposed to be something of an urban legend. Even when he was #1 in H1 we know most people never saw Oni going all out because Kishin is something most characters, including Irie, never seen. It says Oni guards the door to the 5th court, so it seems like after first year he rarely plays a high level opponent.

    At any rate I'm sure Tanegashima can nullify the giant ball hits from Kishin and the aura balls. If he can't then it's dumb for Oni to talk about how Tanegashima can nullify any special move when he can use one of the two most powerful moves thus far in NPOT (and he's definitely aware the existence of the aura ball). I imagine Tanegashima would simply nullify the Kishin aura balls but won't be able to score easily either, and Oni eventually got tired of his trolling and just go home instead of wasting his time. I'm assuming Tanegashima must not have a strong offensive move (if at all) because otherwise he would never lose in singles and should definitely be the #1.

  4. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't know about you guys, but this page made me smile by how badass it is. Konomi may make a lot of stupid decisions, but he still got it.

    http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%C...177d3e53b2/pn1

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but this page made me smile by how badass it is. Konomi may make a lot of stupid decisions, but he still got it.

    http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%C...177d3e53b2/pn1
    I can't agree more. That page and Sanada completely owning Ohmagari's Nitoryuu was something amazing.

    I think that Ohmagari is out of this fight, really. He can't do anything about BA and his two racket style was defeated. Also he doesn't have two rackets anymore so he isn't going to do anything tbh. I think it's absurd to think he will put up a fight now that he doesn't have anything and that his style was defeated already. Shuuji is now the big daddy but he will be surpassed, of course, by Sanada.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #35
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I can't agree more. That page and Sanada completely owning Ohmagari's Nitoryuu was something amazing.

    I think that Ohmagari is out of this fight, really. He can't do anything about BA and his two racket style was defeated. Also he doesn't have two rackets anymore so he isn't going to do anything tbh. I think it's absurd to think he will put up a fight now that he doesn't have anything and that his style was defeated already. Shuuji is now the big daddy but he will be surpassed, of course, by Sanada.
    the question is............................is BA good enough to overcome yukimura's yips.

  9. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I think that will depend whether or not Yukimura can answer BA within how many shot. It takes #6 a couple of game to try to hit it back. If Yukimura can answer can keep Sanada from winning the points enough percentage of the time, then I think Yukimura can win.

    Of course, the new Yips seem to have a possible different trigger, so I don't know.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  10. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ashore View Post
    the question is............................is BA good enough to overcome yukimura's yips.
    Sanada already broke out of yips with BA the first time, so yes.

  11. #38
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Sanada already broke out of yips with BA the first time, so yes.
    They're discussing new Yips btw

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Of course he can. If he can break the old yips, the new Yips won't kick in if Sanada scores points. Also, we're going to see Sanada getting a huge upgrade if he's going to surpass Shuuji.

    Yukimura will be below him but when he's fully healed things will change. I'm not saying Yukimura won't return BA eventually, which I think he can seeing how strong his mental and technique is. But Sanada will probably recieve another big upgrade (I hope) and maybe that makes him stronger than Yuki until he's fully healed.

  14. #40
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't think Sanada 'broke' Yips as much as swinging the racket with all of his might that he accidentally made BA, though. I can be wrong. Because after BA Yukimura scored, and Yukimura didn't score a point off Sanada before Yips kicked in, so...

  15. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Of course he can. If he can break the old yips, the new Yips won't kick in if Sanada scores points. Also, we're going to see Sanada getting a huge upgrade if he's going to surpass Shuuji.
    The new yips work against Fuwa whom the old Yips doesn't appear to work. So this may suggest that New Yips might affect the not before affected user. Including Black Aura and TnK. Since we're skip the entirety of the match, we do not really know if the new Yips have new requirement or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    I don't think Sanada 'broke' Yips as much as swinging the racket with all of his might that he accidentally made BA, though. I can be wrong. Because after BA Yukimura scored, and Yukimura didn't score a point off Sanada before Yips kicked in, so...
    There's a lot of thing you can note about it.

    1. Yukimura was just playing around for fun before Black Aura. He stated this himself. So, in the other word, while Yukimura haven't score off Sanada until that point, he wasn't serious until Sanada open up the Black Aura.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...2/c009/10.html

    2. It is unknown if Sanada can break out of Yips with Black Aura to begin with. This is just assumption of many people (myself include). Yukimura have actually been hitting the ball toward Sanada.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...nnis/v02/c009/

    In the other word, it could really be that Sanada was just swinging randomly, as seen here.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...02/c009/5.html

    And was just lucky enough to hit the ball, and since he was swinging randomly, it hit Yukimura headband too. We're not given Sanada thought, so we don't really know what happen there.

    3. It is not known how Sanada act after the black aura page, since 2 ball is skip. Yukimura can put him back into Yips again and score. That, or since Yukimura is now serious, he just manage to score off Sanada without needing to put him into Yips any longer. There's also possibility that Sanada is only out of Yips during black aura too, of course.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #42
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I assumed Sanada 'accidentally' made BA rather than breaking yips only recently also, since the explanation of BA. BA used one more forceful swing to alter the path of the ball, and Sanada swung around his racket in haphazard manner to get around yips at the time. Yukimura couldn't return it because he assumed the ball is going the usual path until it suddenly surged upwards and ripping off his headband. I don't think he 'broke' yips after that explanation. Now it's kind of thanks to yips he made BA instead.

  18. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Scans are out. This is awesome news. Let's hope they don't drop it.

    And I don't think #6 is as out as people suggest, really. He doesn't look out to me. He can answer Black Aura first time he saw it and make it go in. Something Yukimura can't do.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  19. #44
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Now the stats are out it's kind of a wonder if Sanada and Akutsu can manage to defeat them. Even Oni, the monster Oni, couldn't win against Tanegashima. High Schoolers are just kind of too OP.

    But, stats aren't everything. Tanegashima can be measured in stats while Oni can't, but Tanegashima still manage to at least 'not lose' against Oni, if not win. I suppose Tanegashima's style is counter puncher? Gotta see the fanbook translation again.

    ---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

    Nevermind, Tanegashima is an all-rounder

  20. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't see the point of Oni talking about Tanegashima if he's talking about when he's holding back because when Oni is holding back he doesn't appear to be that strong. His power is supposed to be something of an urban legend. Even when he was #1 in H1 we know most people never saw Oni going all out because Kishin is something most characters, including Irie, never seen. It says Oni guards the door to the 5th court, so it seems like after first year he rarely plays a high level opponent.

    At any rate I'm sure Tanegashima can nullify the giant ball hits from Kishin and the aura balls. If he can't then it's dumb for Oni to talk about how Tanegashima can nullify any special move when he can use one of the two most powerful moves thus far in NPOT (and he's definitely aware the existence of the aura ball). I imagine Tanegashima would simply nullify the Kishin aura balls but won't be able to score easily either, and Oni eventually got tired of his trolling and just go home instead of wasting his time. I'm assuming Tanegashima must not have a strong offensive move (if at all) because otherwise he would never lose in singles and should definitely be the #1.
    When Oni was holding back, he was still strong enough to be the number 5 of the Genius 10, so I'd say he was still badass, he still had his black jack knife and 10 ball tech

    ---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

    Tanegashima managed to not lose to number 5 oni without his demon powers or his muga door, now that oni has unlocked his powers from 2 years ago and opened the final muga door, he might be able to take Tanegashima down without too much trouble. Sanada and akutsu still haven't shown too much beside the black aura, so they might have another ace up their sleeve

    ---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

    If Tanegashima could nullify the Kishin balls, he would be number 1, he's not, Oni was undefeated his first year, then decided to strengthen the u-17 camp, and no one at the camp this year knew about the kishin, meaning he most likely didn't use it after his first year, so I doubt Tanegashima ever played against it

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts