Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 90

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Chapter 107: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Chapter 108: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 03, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

  2. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I really think Akutsu has gotta pull something out. If Sanada beat Ohmagari then it would be stupid if he also beat Tanegashima. If that's the case I will be disappointed that they used Akutsu at all. He would basically be a place holder. I still wish they sent Fuji instead.

  3. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't see why Tanegashima can't nullify the giant balls from Kishin aura and the aura shots. If he can't the whole 'can nullify anything' is rather stupid since it'd be said by a guy who ought to possess a move that he cannot nullify. I'm quite sure the 3 guys with ???/NO DATA stats can beat him without using special moves. My guess is that he's not beaten because he's a troll so the guys who can beat him with normal moves just don't want to put up with him for so long in an exhibition game. If Tanegashima can actually beat Oni in a real match then Oni wouldn't be #1 in the H1 year by definition.

    I'm pretty sure Akutsu will be the one to deal with Tanegashima because Akutsu has no special moves for Tanegashima to nullify. At least I don't see any other way this can end unless you have a 'he can nullify any special move except this move' deal.

    Ohmagari can react to Black Aura but it doesn't mean he can return them well. It looks like he can barely return it and it's only a matter of time before he gives up a point against it, which is why Tanegashima stepped in.

    ---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

    As a note, playing to counter the opponent's move is considered extremely dirty in POT, far more so than attempting to kill your opponent. See Sanada versus Tezuka or Gin versus Kawamura for example. Therefore I don't really see how a guy whose special is 'nullify everything' can possibly be considered a top tier player. Yes he is the #2 but he is also not even playing in a singles match which is generally reserved for the best players, and unlike the MSers, Tanegashima doesn't suffer from the 'we got no room left in singles for all the important characters' problem. I think it's going to be similar to Nioh's game where after losing somoene important (Byodouin/Ryoga/Oni) says playing to counter an opponent's move is something only a clown would do and you'll never grasp the power from another dimension while playing cheap.

  4. #48
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    [QUOTE=Phantron;3532788]I don't see why Tanegashima can't nullify the giant balls from Kishin aura and the aura shots. If he can't the whole 'can nullify anything' is rather stupid since it'd be said by a guy who ought to possess a move that he cannot nullify. I'm quite sure the 3 guys with ???/NO DATA stats can beat him without using special moves. My guess is that he's not beaten because he's a troll so the guys who can beat him with normal moves just don't want to put up with him for so long in an exhibition game. If Tanegashima can actually beat Oni in a real match then Oni wouldn't be #1 in the H1 year by definition.

    I'm pretty sure Akutsu will be the one to deal with Tanegashima because Akutsu has no special moves for Tanegashima to nullify. At least I don't see any other way this can end unless you have a 'he can nullify any special move except this move' deal.

    Ohmagari can react to Black Aura but it doesn't mean he can return them well. It looks like he can barely return it and it's only a matter of time before he gives up a point against it, which is why Tanegashima stepped in.

    ---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

    If Tanegashima can really return any shot, then he's the best player in the world. That was what they said about yukimura, then ryoma beat him with PoP, so I'm pretty sure the reason they say that about Tanegashima is that because it's been true so far, he can probably even return the glow shot, but since it hasn't been confirmed that he's returned kishin aura shots, I don't think it would be correct to assume that he can, since no one besides byoudin even really knew about it, I'm sure Tanegashima has never played against it.

    I agree with you about akutsu though, and for all we know he might pull out a PoP aura, since now we know he "loves" tennis

  5. #49
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    He also probably never try to return PoP shot either. Nanjiroh is the only one in the world to open it before Ryoma, as mention here.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...s/c312/15.html

    He obviously never play Ryoma. Tezuka leave right after he open his. Kintarou only just open it just now. And Oni unlock it in the same match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  6. #50
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    But here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c378/9.html it says that every person that played tennis before used TnK lol

    But I agree, I don't really think that Tanegashima ever returned a PoP shot.

  7. #51
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Are they REALLY, though? They never hit a ball that Oni wouldn't have been able to return, that's for sure. I think the PoP Nanjiroh mention is simply just saying everyone is having fun. If they are, everyone in this world should be able to beat Yukimura provided that they just start playing tennis. They'll be able to ace him, and will continue to do so until they go easy on Yukimura.

    If what's Nanjiroh say is true, what every country should do is to pull a kid who never play tennis before, put him into tennis match, and dispose him and get a new one for each new match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Tanegashima can return any special shot. The distinction here is important because it's clear that special shots in POT have some kind of recovery time similar to say a character using a dragon punch in a fighting game. You invariably see if an opponent can effortlessly return a special shot, the guy using the shot won't be able to react to it on time. If you look at the 'null' technique Tanegashima uses, it's not a particularly threatening technique on offense. If it is, he'd win every game 6-0 against anyone by just using that offensively. Rather, it's that he uses that technique to counter the opponent's special move and they won't be able to return his counter because they're still recovering from their own special move. It's simlar to Sanada's Rin in that it is only useful to counter an opponent's move.

    But something like the TnK serve is not a special shot. It's simply a very strong serve. Now I'm sure he can drag a game out even against TnK opponents, but if he can win a rally normally against Oni or Byodouin, then he should have been #1. Unless he has some compelling reason to not want to be #1, the only explanation is that while his game against the ??? tier guys (Ryoga/Oni/Byodouin) ends up as a draw and most likely will end up with him losing if it went on long enough. If that is not the case, why is he banished to doubles? Everyone knows even in POT, the singles is where all the awesome guys hang out.

  9. #53
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Are they REALLY, though? They never hit a ball that Oni wouldn't have been able to return, that's for sure. I think the PoP Nanjiroh mention is simply just saying everyone is having fun. If they are, everyone in this world should be able to beat Yukimura provided that they just start playing tennis. They'll be able to ace him, and will continue to do so until they go easy on Yukimura.
    Of course not, simply because they don't have the necessary skill. If TnK lets you play at your best, but your best simply isn't very good because you don't have the power, speed, control etc., then you won't be able to do anything against anyone who actually knows how to play.

  10. #54
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If you look at the 'null' technique Tanegashima uses, it's not a particularly threatening technique on offense. If it is, he'd win every game 6-0 against anyone by just using that offensively. Rather, it's that he uses that technique to counter the opponent's special move and they won't be able to return his counter because they're still recovering from their own special move. It's simlar to Sanada's Rin in that it is only useful to counter an opponent's move.
    Too far.
    It seems to be just like Jirou's MV. There was basically no bounce dude.
    More dangerous than Rin, but still, Rin is a good move.
    You're also forgetting Tanegashima's crazy stats.
    A standard smash for him against the rest of this camp is very likely a point for him.

    ---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Everyone knows even in POT, the singles is where all the awesome guys hang out.
    Not in SPoT though lol. But I get your point.
    I reckon Tanegashima is only doing this for now.
    And just this once.
    Remember Tanegashima > Duke, so its okay if he just plays Doubles this one time.
    The way this match has been a comedy sort of encounter, it seems the MSers will become victorious since I can't remember a time where the guy who played the role of the complete asshole ended up as the winner in PoT excluding Kimijima since Tohno has a broken leg now.

  11. #55
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I can't remember a time where the guy who played the role of the complete asshole ended up as the winner in PoT excluding Kimijima since Tohno has a broken leg now.
    Akaya during the nationals? Niou in Kanto?

  12. #56
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    In addition to that, Atobe in Kantou was kind of not much of a nice person either. He try to crush Tezuka arm. Then there's the thing before that he try to hit on girls and was mock to be king of monkeys.

    Also, here's a huge one. Higa against Rokkaku. The entire thing.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Are they REALLY, though? They never hit a ball that Oni wouldn't have been able to return, that's for sure. I think the PoP Nanjiroh mention is simply just saying everyone is having fun. If they are, everyone in this world should be able to beat Yukimura provided that they just start playing tennis. They'll be able to ace him, and will continue to do so until they go easy on Yukimura.

    If what's Nanjiroh say is true, what every country should do is to pull a kid who never play tennis before, put him into tennis match, and dispose him and get a new one for each new match.
    PoP is the joy of playing tennis and actually having fun, yes. However, it is not instant access to a shitload of brand new powers. Yeah, you're hair changes color to something that would probably make Akira Toriyama take strolls down memory lane whenever you do it, but PoP is pretty much a "skill" that revitalizes willpower. It's almost like an item in a video game that brings you back to full health. So if any newcomer were to set off PoP it's not like he could beat Yukimura or something; he probably just would be able to get over the Yips. Chances are he'd still get creamed 6-0.

  15. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Too far.
    It seems to be just like Jirou's MV. There was basically no bounce dude.
    More dangerous than Rin, but still, Rin is a good move.
    You're also forgetting Tanegashima's crazy stats.
    A standard smash for him against the rest of this camp is very likely a point for him.

    ---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------


    Not in SPoT though lol. But I get your point.
    I reckon Tanegashima is only doing this for now.
    And just this once.
    Remember Tanegashima > Duke, so its okay if he just plays Doubles this one time.
    The way this match has been a comedy sort of encounter, it seems the MSers will become victorious since I can't remember a time where the guy who played the role of the complete asshole ended up as the winner in PoT excluding Kimijima since Tohno has a broken leg now.
    I'm comparing Tanegashima to the guys who can hit the SSS (which have ??? or NO DATA). I think he can neutralize the SSS shots, but guys who can hit SSS must have base stats so much better than him that he'd still lose in the long run. Otherwise he'd have to be #1 just from being able to beat these guys.

    Right now as the team is constructed, Duke and Tanegashima looks like the floaters. Depending on the opponent's strength they can either play doubles or singles, but you'd never ask if Oni, Ryoga, or Byodouin is supposed to play singles or doubles unless it's one of those crazy lineups. I just don't see Tanegashima being able play effectively against a guy who can hit SSS, and there's probably going to be 5 of them by the time these matches are over (Tokugawa and Ryoma almost certainly will join the club).

    Now of course Tanegashima will easily dominate the guys whose stat can be measured. In some sense he reminds me of Fuji or Shiraishi, as he is the strongest guy who still appears somewhat human.

  16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #59
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Akaya during the nationals? Niou in Kanto?
    Oh gosh, I completely forgot the Rikkai matches. Terrible of me.

    Hmm... Tanegashima could win I guess.
    Well... I'm hoping that a man who stood level with Oni doesn't lose his first match that we see him in.

  18. #60
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

    is there any doubt that the current oni can defeat shuji? because with Oni's skill and PoP I dont think shuji stands a chance with oni's increased hit ball speed and power, assuming his shots are regular shots with a boost of PoP

    also can shuji return atobe kingdom, that shot just aims at blind spots, if shuji can't move his racket to the ball then he shouldnt be able to return it versus other special shots where he can make contact with.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts