Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 107: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Chapter 108: Scan (CN) | Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 03, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 107 and 108 Discussion/Predictions

I think a good indicator here is that in the databook Oni has immeasurable stats whereas Shuuji's stats are known and measured.

While yes, while at the camp Oni hasn't beaten Shuuji...While at the camp except for his first year he hasn't used his full strength. He's pretty much only used 10 Ball Strike and Black Jack Knife and sealed away everything else from what it seems. If that's the case, then of course Oni has been losing to Shuuji because Shuuji has the ability to nullify shots which makes things like Black Jack Knife useless.

Whether he can nullify The Glowing Shot/Other Dimensional Power Shot is another question entirely. From what has been shown and said about it, the ball is charged with power not of this plane. In which case, there's a good chance that Shuuji can't do anything about it since it's not a power from this dimensions(s).

Also, I feel the need to clarify Super Sweet Spot vs. Glowing Shot since I've seen write ups here and there that seem to regard them as one and the same. Super Sweet Spot is only being able to hit with the exact sweet spot point on a racket (as opposed to the sweet spot zone which is what we traditionally think of as a racket's sweet spot). Ryoga is teaching Ryoma this as a prerequisite for the Glowing shot. We can assume at the very least Oni and Byoudouin both hit using the SSS all the time (because Oni's introduction was with him using only a cross string like Ryoma is training to do now and Byoudouin has already mastered the Glowing shot).

Glowing shot on the other hand we don't know much about except that it requires SSS to hit it correctly (probably to properly handle the defense against the shot and to properly aim and direct the shot). We know that it's apparently charged with other dimensional energy though and that's about it.

Also reasons for the term Glowing Shot as opposed to IDS or Aura Ball as I've seen. The Japanese I've most commonly seen for it is 光る打球/Hikaru Dakyuu. Hikaru is the verb meaning 'to be bright or to be lit up' and Dakyuu means shot (literally ball that was hit).

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder how would Tezuka fair against these people "ONI" and "Kinta" since they also have TNK?? Tezuka left after having TNK to become pro but shouldn't he have tested all the oppponents here first? Konomi probably thought Tezuka is stronger than Byoudin now with his TNK?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimtors View Post
    I just wonder how would Tezuka fair against these people "ONI" and "Kinta" since they also have TNK?? Tezuka left after having TNK to become pro but shouldn't he have tested all the oppponents here first? Konomi probably thought Tezuka is stronger than Byoudin now with his TNK?
    TnK seems to amplify your stats.

Its almost as if it gives a +1 or +2 etc. to all your stats at once in a massive burst.
    So because Tezuka has better stats than Kintaro anyway, when they both go TnK mode, Tezuka has to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    The Japanese I've most commonly seen for it is 光る打球/Hikaru Dakyuu.
    Hikaru Dakyuu it is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    TnK seems to amplify your stats.

Its almost as if it gives a +1 or +2 etc. to all your stats at once in a massive burst.
    So because Tezuka has better stats than Kintaro anyway, when they both go TnK mode, Tezuka has to win.

Hikaru Dakyuu it is.
    You mean in a match between Kin-chan and Tezuka using TnK right? Yeah if that's the case Tezuka wins due to having better stats.

In a match between tnK Tezuka and TnK Oni? Oni stomps Tezuka with or without Tnk ( he has freakin Kishin and his stats can't be measured). Oni would probably stomp Tezuka like he did with Kintarou. The same with Byodouin.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Tanegashima can't nullify the glowing shot then it's pretty weird for Oni to talk about how Tanegashima can nullify any move, since Oni can use the equivlaent of a glowing shot. I mean he might as well be saying, "This guy is strong, I can't beat him when holding myself to 10% of my maximum power." I think there's likely some trick involved in Oni unable to beat Tanegashima, but we shouldn't doubt Tanegashima's ability to nullify any shot.

Atobe Kingdom should get past Tanegashima because it's not really a special move. The notion is that there's this spot on the court if you hit to it the other guy can't possibly reach it due to some inherent truth of the universe. If Atobe was your coach and he shine a laser pointer on the blindspot he sees, you'd get the same effect as Atobe Kingdom provided you can hit to that spot as well. There's actually nothing special about the shot itself. The difficulty is seeing the exact spot. So there's nothing to nullify here. That said since we're dealing with people who have power from another dimension, it's possible truth of the universe no longer applies to them. Tanegashima isn't quite at the 'another dimension' level yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's close enough to it to render Atobe Kingdom ineffective. I mean, we see Oni/Byodouin play in a cloud of smoke normally, so it'd stand to reason that normal people can't even see them when they're in the 'another dimension' mode so if you can't even see them, of course you can't use AK on them either, so AK can still be defeated if you're powerful enough.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason that I'm under the impression that the glowing shot can't be returned by Shuuji is because of how it was first mentioned as an Other Dimensional Power. Kijin Mode that Oni uses may be on the same level or higher than the glowing shot, but theoretically its still a power that Oni pulls from within himself and is of this dimension (which I feel silly since this is in regards to tennis >.>).

So, lets say that Oni has used Kijin Mode on Shuuji and Shuuji could Nullify it similar to how he nullifies Kokushoku no Aura since their both powers that come from within the player. However, Glowing Shot is supposedly pulling power from somewhere else completely and while Oni could return it using his Kijin Mode, he doesnt have access to this power. So far, only two people have show access to this power at all and one is super mysterious (Ryoga) and the other is essentially shuuji's boss (Byoudouin).

So lets say hypothetically Oni had shown Shuuji his full power in a private match and Shuuji completely nullified Kijin Mode. That doesn't necessarily mean he can nullify Glowing shot the same way since glowing shot uses supposedly has a different power source than the player themself. Granted, this is all just hypothetical and based on the incredibly vague descriptions we've gotten so far about glowing shot.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully, Sai, we'll see in next month's chapter (perhaps a flashback).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If Tanegashima can't nullify the glowing shot then it's pretty weird for Oni to talk about how Tanegashima can nullify any move, since Oni can use the equivlaent of a glowing shot. I mean he might as well be saying, "This guy is strong, I can't beat him when holding myself to 10% of my maximum power."
    Honestly, why does this matter? It's not like the comparisons we got to hype up characters in PoT was super genuine. Like when Kintarou beat up Ibu, everyone said Ibu had played evenly with Ryoma - not only had Ryoma evolved significantly since then, it was only somewhat even after Ryoma's eye got injured.
    I'm sure that there are more examples like that one if someone wanted to look for them.

So it's entirely possible that Oni has never used Kijin against Tanegashima.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Hopefully, Sai, we'll see in next month's chapter (perhaps a flashback).
    I doubt we'll get an answer to whether Tanegashima can return the glowing shot. If it turns out he can, you're dehyping the guys that are up right after him which doesn't seem like a smart choice, and if he can't, you're destroying the hype he got in this month's chapters, which also doesn't sound likely.

The only way I could see us getting a confirmation is if Sanada or Akutsu break past him and he's like "That hasn't happened since I played Byoudouin."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    If Tanegashima can't nullify the glowing shot then it's pretty weird for Oni to talk about how Tanegashima can nullify any move, since Oni can use the equivlaent of a glowing shot. I mean he might as well be saying, "This guy is strong, I can't beat him when holding myself to 10% of my maximum power." I think there's likely some trick involved in Oni unable to beat Tanegashima, but we shouldn't doubt Tanegashima's ability to nullify any shot.

Atobe Kingdom should get past Tanegashima because it's not really a special move. The notion is that there's this spot on the court if you hit to it the other guy can't possibly reach it due to some inherent truth of the universe. If Atobe was your coach and he shine a laser pointer on the blindspot he sees, you'd get the same effect as Atobe Kingdom provided you can hit to that spot as well. There's actually nothing special about the shot itself. The difficulty is seeing the exact spot. So there's nothing to nullify here. That said since we're dealing with people who have power from another dimension, it's possible truth of the universe no longer applies to them. Tanegashima isn't quite at the 'another dimension' level yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's close enough to it to render Atobe Kingdom ineffective. I mean, we see Oni/Byodouin play in a cloud of smoke normally, so it'd stand to reason that normal people can't even see them when they're in the 'another dimension' mode so if you can't even see them, of course you can't use AK on them either, so AK can still be defeated if you're powerful enough.
    Oni was still number 5 of the U-17 team while limiting himself, he was one of the top 5 in japan while only using a small portion of his power, than him with kishin and tnk looks unstoppable, having both of those together makes him, so far, the most powerful u-17 player seen in the series
    Last edited by redhairSH; September 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So does anyone understand how Sanada is doing the BA? They say "He forcibly changes the flow of energy with a second string," as that so often happens in tennis.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    So does anyone understand how Sanada is doing the BA? They say "He forcibly changes the flow of energy with a second string," as that so often happens in tennis.
    After 10 ball and Pirates, I stop caring how the tech can possibly be working at all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I wonder if the black aura would work against Tezuka Zone or Tezuka Phantom, if he just changes the path of the ball with a second swing than Tezuka's two best moves are useless against Sanada

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    I wonder if the black aura would work against Tezuka Zone or Tezuka Phantom, if he just changes the path of the ball with a second swing than Tezuka's two best moves are useless against Sanada
    It would perfectly work. Sanada can change the spin and direction of the ball before the ball goes out and TP is useless. He can defeat Zone by overpowering it and attacking Tezuka head on like he did in the Nationals. All that Tezuka has is TnK against Sanada but I think eventually Sanada can return the shots.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It would perfectly work. Sanada can change the spin and direction of the ball before the ball goes out and TP is useless. He can defeat Zone by overpowering it and attacking Tezuka head on like he did in the Nationals. All that Tezuka has is TnK against Sanada but I think eventually Sanada can return the shots.
    The only true TnK shot return is by Oni who is way out of current Sanada league and Kintarou who have PoP.

Yukimura return a TnK ball that Ryoma was kind enough to go easy on him. And there's no page that show Ryoma got serious later on. Either way, it's not certain that Sanada can return PoP given enough time. #6 can even catch the ball and make it go in the opponent side.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't a second swing illegal?

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast