Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite character?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eren Yeager

    7 7.95%
  • Mikasa Ackerman

    11 12.50%
  • Armin Arlert

    6 6.82%
  • Reiner Braun

    4 4.55%
  • Bertholdt Hoover

    1 1.14%
  • Annie Leonhart

    16 18.18%
  • Jean Kirstein

    8 9.09%
  • Marco Bolt

    1 1.14%
  • Connie Springer

    0 0%
  • Sasha Blouse

    2 2.27%
  • Krista Lenz

    2 2.27%
  • Ymir

    5 5.68%
  • Hannes

    0 0%
  • Dot Pixis

    0 0%
  • Erwin Smith

    3 3.41%
  • Zoe Hange

    4 4.55%
  • Mike Zacharias

    1 1.14%
  • Levi

    17 19.32%
  • Eld Shin

    0 0%
  • Oluo Bossard

    0 0%
  • Petra Ral

    0 0%
  • Gunther Schultz

    0 0%
  • Keith Shadis

    0 0%
  • Grisha Yeager

    0 0%
  • Other

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 79

Thread: Top 10 favorite characters

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Marco was an honest-to-goodness, all-around good guy. Even against titans, he preferred to play the bait rather than be the one going in for the kill, so he was brave as hell too! The guy was said by trainer Keith Sadies to be a highly competent soldier, and based on what we saw in flashbacks I think he could easily have scored higher in the top 10 if he wasn't so team-oriented and actually competed with his peers for kills (on phony titan targets) instead of just going for the assist. But no, instead he *found* the targets first, then let others "kill" them and therefore score more points than him! XD

    Yet still Marco made the top 10 and I believe he was even chosen as a squad leader in Trost? His trusting attitude, though, is almost definitely a large part of why he was the one who ended up dead (with gear stolen *before* he was bitten in half, remember, so this was no accident or inevitable tragedy), and not someone else. Somebody took advantage of his good nature.

    I can't help wonder what would have happened if Marco made it into the RMP, but one thing I'm sure of is that he wouldn't have went along with their crap unless he made a conscious choice to work for change from within (like that Mario guy), OR he might have transferred somewhere better (Scouts probably, and he would have been a damn valuable guy to Erwin too), one or the other. Anyway, I treasure idealistic characters like him, as long as they're committed to having their actions back up their words. And he was a stand-up guy who would do exactly that.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Latest chapter is out and still no votes for Erwin..why the hell did I vote for Jean

  4. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    somewhere
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    1. Jean
    2. Armin
    3. Annie
    4. Sasha
    5. Bertholdt
    6. Erwin
    7. Rico
    8. Mikasa
    9. Levi
    10. Petra

    No place for Eren...

    'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

  5. #19
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Highgarden
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    I would totally have voted for both Erwin and Hange, if I had more than one vote ._. Particularly since I love almost everyone in this manga...

  6. #20
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Well, just from that new chapter, Erwin made it's way into my new top 10!!
    How awesome can that guy be!?


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #21
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    Latest chapter is out and still no votes for Erwin..why the hell did I vote for Jean
    LMAO, I love jean. But yeah Erwin after the latest chapter was way too awesome to ignore, I've always liked him, but the past two chapters solidified it.

    my top ten

    1.Jean
    2.Reiner
    3.Armin

    geez, I couldn't make the rest of the list. It was too painful trying to put the rest into the remaining places, I like them all too much (some more than others, but still.), Like Annie, Erwin, Connie, and Eren. I like Mikasa but lately I haven't liked her as much, she was just plain awesome, but her personal flaws are really getting noticeable (love that though, because people have flaws. this isn't a pick at the writing, its a compliment), other characters had their flaws shown earlier and were redeemed in some way.

    Yeah, Its hard to put them down in numbers, but Jean, Reiner, and Armin are definitely favorites of mine. So is Eren, but man his stubbornness is both awesome and annoying sometimes, love him as a character though because of that.

  9. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    Philippine
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    voted irvin

    my favorite character since chapter 27. i'm so pumped that he proved himself this chapter!

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #23
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Literally under my bed
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    Latest chapter is out and still no votes for Erwin..why the hell did I vote for Jean
    Jean is cool man

    Well since we could only vote once, most of us who are too eager to vote have used up our votes already lol... Might wanna to re-poll this after 10 more chapters haha.

    ---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Marco was an honest-to-goodness, all-around good guy. Even against titans, he preferred to play the bait rather than be the one going in for the kill, so he was brave as hell too! The guy was said by trainer Keith Sadies to be a highly competent soldier, and based on what we saw in flashbacks I think he could easily have scored higher in the top 10 if he wasn't so team-oriented and actually competed with his peers for kills (on phony titan targets) instead of just going for the assist. But no, instead he *found* the targets first, then let others "kill" them and therefore score more points than him! XD

    Yet still Marco made the top 10 and I believe he was even chosen as a squad leader in Trost? His trusting attitude, though, is almost definitely a large part of why he was the one who ended up dead (with gear stolen *before* he was bitten in half, remember, so this was no accident or inevitable tragedy), and not someone else. Somebody took advantage of his good nature.

    I can't help wonder what would have happened if Marco made it into the RMP, but one thing I'm sure of is that he wouldn't have went along with their crap unless he made a conscious choice to work for change from within (like that Mario guy), OR he might have transferred somewhere better (Scouts probably, and he would have been a damn valuable guy to Erwin too), one or the other. Anyway, I treasure idealistic characters like him, as long as they're committed to having their actions back up their words. And he was a stand-up guy who would do exactly that.
    Just to add to the list of compliments, the fact Marco is able to identify Jean's strengths shows his admirable insights on an empathetic scale. It's kinda like, he has the understanding to understand the understanding... lol. And although his death also plays a role, it's mostly his speech to Jean which gives him the final push into Scouting Legion.

    But I think team-oriented quality plays a large role in his ranking. I would have thought the instructor recognises his assist in kills. Even without the killing training, he could have scored points in other physical activities, and be acknowledged in his potential to kill titans. I doubt the instructor would fail to notice that. Just my two cents...

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #24
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Sadies is an insightful guy. I'm sure he noticed and bumped him up a bit, of course. I found this, which appears to have the correct ranking order in it. Now that I look at it again I guess I shouldn't expect he could make the top 5 but I do think maybe he should have scored higher than Jean. I got the impression from Jean (when he found Marco's body) that he thought Marco was a better soldier than him. (And to Jean's credit he wasn't jealous about it or anything; it's just what he honestly seemed to think. But Jean being where he is makes him a proper rival to Eren in the story at least.)

  14. #25
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Well since we could only vote once, most of us who are too eager to vote have used up our votes already lol... Might wanna to re-poll this after 10 more chapters haha.
    Is there a way to make a poll where you can vote, unvote and vote again!?
    If that's possible, this is probably what we should do.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  15. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Am I the only who just recognized that the main character has no votes, which is kind of weird. I love Jean, but man Im starting to wish I voted for Eren just so he could have some votes, he's an awesome character and very passionate.

  16. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Am I the only who just recognized that the main character has no votes, which is kind of weird. I love Jean, but man Im starting to wish I voted for Eren just so he could have some votes, he's an awesome character and very passionate.
    If you could vote for more than 1, I would have picked Eren, but protagonists are rarely no.1 favorite characters in anything. Side characters always have more potential to be cooler.
    Last edited by epictoads; September 07, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

  17. #28
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    I like Eren but he's far from being my favourite; this series has an excellent supporting cast.

  18. #29
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,009
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Armin is now my favorite. He just constantly steals the show and he is not even fighting.
    Spoiler show
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  19. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Top 10 favorite characters

    Yeah, Armin is definitely one of the best character of the show.
    I know I put it after Eren in my Top 10, but I really don't know why I did that... he's so much more interesting than Eren.

    I'm surprised by all the votes that Jean is getting.
    I understand, because I like him a lot too, but I'm surprised that he's #1 for so many people!


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts