Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
(in any rare case if Isayama do decide to make the J+M pair, it'd mean Mikasa "is fine" with that - but I could see hardcore E+M shippers throwing a riot)
disclaimer: I don't really ship any pairings.
Last edited by nesean; November 17, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
SHIPPING, WE DELIVER
This way we will stop derailing this thread... (I don't want an admin or moderator to come and slap me)
Hi! is the first time I comment, but i read the forum a while ago . My favorite character is Jean, I think he's a very complex character, he has many sides, I like his "internal fight" with himself, I think he's grown a lot :'). Well, I don't have top10 xD, here I leave my top8.
Special mention 1: Rico, because I like her personality, she shows your displeasure with the plans of his superiors but anyway will follow the orders because she knows that is right and necesary. (she reminds me a bit of Jean)
Special mention 2: Eren, because he's the protagonist xD, I have little to say about him, mmm I can highlight his willpower and perseverance.
*english isn't my first language (but I try to improve ), so please excuse any mistakes u.u
I liked neither Jean nor Eren in the beginning, but I've grown to like both of them more and more as they've developed. (I used to think I liked Eren more, but now I realize they're about the same for me. I should really get around to making a new top 10...)
1. Annie - I couldn't help but put this enigma right at the top of my list. The depth and mystery behind her character pull me in like a moth to a flame. Plus Female Titan.
2. Mikasa - I adore Mikasa. What she lacks in depth she makes up in badassery.
3. Eren - Eren scores fairly high for me. He is absolutely ridiculous and his relationships with Annie, Reiner, Mikasa, and Levi makes everything all the more interesting.
4. Hanji - Ahhh Hanji. What more can be said about her that hasn't been said. Love her to pieces.
5. Levi - His sassy nature and badassness keep me intrigued with his character. Not to mention the depth that's slowly starting to show itself.
6. Sasha - Can't NOT love Potato Girl.
7. Jean - He has had some decent character development and is really starting to shine.
8. Ymir - My favorite lesbian titan. I love her mysterious history and her connections. Plus her funky attitude.
9. Christa - Her relationship with Ymir and her cheering Ymir on at Utgard scored her a place on my list.
10. Carla Jaeger - I know this one is stupid but it's based on a random thought I had a while back. The thought was that Carla was in the military way back and thats how she met Grisha. I came up with the entirely tragic plot in my head that made me fangirl over her. why cant head-canons become true
1. Krista/Historia - I think she's really interesting and I'm hoping for positive character development outside of something involving Ymir... She's not the innocent angel like she once tried to be but imo it adds more depth to her. I get the feeling she's going to do something crazy though :/ lol
Ymir used to rank high in my top ten but she kind of pisses me off now. I'm interested in the mysteries surrounding her though and I like that she pretty much saved everyone's asses but yeah. If she ended up dying I wouldn't really care. Not a fan of Bertl either and I'm indifferent to Hange.
Also hi everyone, nice to meet you. This is my first post.
Yeah, that's me... (I should deserve a medal for this one)
And instead of always saying "You don't like Ymir, it's bad, your tastes are bad, you are a bad person, just stop talking to me, you shipping peasant !", explain us why you like so much Ymir (I mean, I think I know why but I still want to know) and make us a top ten to show us that you are not like Mikasa (Mikasa's answer to this : "Eren ?").
Or I will call you "Badluckartist Ackermann" !
Also, welcome Barracuda, and I think Ymir pissed off everybody when answering to Eren about who is the real enemy... ^^
Yeah who cares if someone doesn't like the same character as you? I know some people don't like Historia but I'm not about to tell them their tastes are bad or "booing" them. Lol It's okay friend, calm down.
She pissed me off before that to be honest and it's just been going downhill for me. I don't think she's a bad character per say she's just not someone I particularly like anymore. I do think in the future she could redeem herself though and could resume being a favorite of mine. Who knows.Thanks for the welcome message BobobVanBlob
Why exactly did you stop liking her? imo she's become more interesting as the series has gone on and I like her enigmatic nature.
Anyway, time for some new rankings from yours truly...
1. Ymir (true to self, but also far kinder than she seems. Yeah, you read that right. All of the shifters are so misunderstood... T_T)
2. Bertolt (the world unduly hates the weak, but I <3 emotional weakness in a character-- as long as their own vulnerability doesn't become an excuse to hurt others)
3. Zoë (everybody's favourite sober strategist/mad scientist)
4. Historia (she may have "child-like" proportions as Ymir put it, but this girl has grown! She takes Sasha's spot now as character I'm currently proud of) ;_;
5. Connie (no change here, he's still got potential. Even if he pegged Ymir wrong in chapter 52, he had her right in 50 and that's the one that counts)
6. Levi (I'm enjoying the slow process of figuring out what makes this guy tick. Also, his side story is more interesting to me than Before the Fall so far...)
7. Erwin (right now I just feel bad for the guy, but he's always been impressive to me and I hope he'll be back soon)
8. Eren (developing in an agreeable direction)
9. Jean (ditto to Eren)
10. Mike (Yep, Mike Zakarius gets this spot for now. It's weird but I miss him lately. Maybe because of the cameo in Levi's story...?)
1. Mikasa (I love the action girls)
2. Annie (I'm with you on those two, haha)
3. Jean (He's very relatable, and has such good character development)
4. Armin (His character development is amazing, and he's such a cutie)
5. Sasha (she's relatable, and pretty badass if you think about it)
6. Petra (I know she was a brief character, but I loved her)
7. Erwin (Who doesn't love the commander?)
8. Zoe (Her crazy cracks me up, but in real life I'd stay away)
9. Levi (love-hate relation with this one)
10. Connie (Act two of the comedic relief)