Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chakra Control

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chakra Control

As far as the manga has cared to point out chakra control varies depending on the quantity of chakra. So there would be a difference in controlling small amounts of chakra and controlling large amounts of it. So perhaps sakura would still be better at delicately controlling small to moderate amounts of chakra but in turn she would have no experience managing biju levels of chakra (at most she would be able to perfectly handle the chakra in her seal).

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever Naruto is complimented on chakra control then its about him handling those sheer amounts. Naruto simply has the power to keep those massive chakras in check instead of being overwhelmed by the ridiculous quantities of chakra he can release.

If we compare chakra to kites, then Naruto can easily hold a kite in place that would drag Sakura over the ground at 768mph until she crashes into a tree and her arms get torn off. However, that does not mean Naruto can pull off the same fancy aerobatics Sakura can do with a kite that is appropriate for her.

So I'd say it depends on what one defines es "control". If control means holding a 1 ton boulder in place without droping it then Naruto takes the cake and in case control means to release the precise amount of force necessary to cut a liver without rupturing it then someone like Sakura is the winner.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

actually , Didn't you forgetting QB !?
    Last edited by shafagh; September 05, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
    خداحافظ

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He is often complimented at his control - not just the size of his chakra supplies.
    Naruto can not just use massive amounts of chakra - but he can also control that amount perfectly.
    He is also so skillful that he can now also transform his chakra to meet any other persons when he transfers it to them.
    That and his main techniques
    Kagebunshin, Rasengan and Bijubomb require very high chakra control - not just a lot of chakra...

I do believe he is better than Sakura at control.

Senjutsu and Bijubomb also require incredible control to balance the different chakra elements - few people have skills that require this to be at such a high level that Naruto has developed it to.
    Last edited by zimbardo; September 05, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Infinite RAGE!

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Sage Mode is stated to require a balance of energies to create Sage Chakra. Medical jutsu however is stated to require perfect chakra control. And Byakugou requires better chakra control than THAT.

I'm giving it to Sakura, since nothing she does with her chakra requires a special seal or a powerful bloodline. Just masterful chakra control.

As I depicted in the picture above...those energies are Yin Chakra, Yang Chakra, and Natural Energy which balance to create Sage Chakra.

The way I see it is... Sakura and her Byakugou are the strongest balance of the regular balance of Yin and Yang Chakra...as depicted in this basic image of how a Ninja creates/manifests chakra:

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    He is often complimented at his control - not just the size of his chakra supplies.
    Naruto can not just use massive amounts of chakra - but he can also control that amount perfectly.
    He is also so skillful that he can now also transform his chakra to meet any other persons when he transfers it to them.
    That and his main techniques
    Kagebunshin, Rasengan and Bijubomb require very high chakra control - not just a lot of chakra...

I do believe he is better than Sakura at control.

Senjutsu and Bijubomb also require incredible control to balance the different chakra elements - few people have skills that require this to be at such a high level that Naruto has developed it to.
    For the greater part of the manga naruto has at large been terrible at the whole chakra control thing though. It might have been because of the kyubi or lack of practice but generally chakra control has rarely been something naruto was ever complemented on. Heck, even today he still seems to need clones to use his standard rasengan. In comparison minato, kakashi and jiraiya were able to use rasengan with a single hand. Its not just that naruto preferred a method, the only reason to use a clone for a technique is the inability to do it otherwise. Doing it without a clone is faster (in particular less steps involved), saves energy and does not give away the technique.

That said, I would argue the manga specifically shows kage bushin, rasengan or bijudama to not require high chakra control. Naruto was able to use taju kage bushin even when orochimaru messed up his seal and chakra control. Basically kage bushin merely requires the user to have chakra to waste and naruto has had more chakra than most shinobi from the start of the manga. Rasengan does require excellent chakra control but he gets around that altogether by using his clones. By using clones he needs less actual skill to use the technique. The bijudama was ultimately a matter of getting friendly with kurama, naruto never got the hang of it alone. As for senjutsu, the manga also made it clear that the most basic requirement for it is to have a huge chakra pool. Heck, even though senjutsu actually improves naruto's chakra control to the point that he can use one handed rasengans he still needs to use a clone for the cho odama rasengan, something which jiraiya could do on his own. If a better sage mode was a reflection of how good your chakra control is then I would argue naruto should be able to at least use odama rasengan in the same way as jiraiya but then again we have never seen that. Even in chakra mode naruto needs multiple hands to use his various rasengans. If naruto had chakra control comparable to that of most people I would argue he would be able to use most of his normal sized rasengans and some of the larger ones with only one hand. Naruto is good at handling large amounts of chakra but I would think the manga still points towards naruto being terrible at tasks which require finely tuned control for delicate tasks. Naruto only gives the illusion of being a better at this however at large he still solves his problems the same way as always, by throwing chakra. And if that does not work he throws more chakra at them. And if that does not work he makes a clone and throws MORE chakra at them. And he can do that indefinitely because naruto never runs out of chakra. Heck, even the latest chapter shows this. Normal or biju chakra not enough? Then lets throw biju sage chakra and see what happens!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

any way , in this chakra control theory is a hole ....

both Naruto white chakra and natural energy , increased 10000000 times but what about his spiritual chakra !?
    خداحافظ

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    For the greater part of the manga naruto has at large been terrible at the whole chakra control thing though. It might have been because of the kyubi or lack of practice but generally chakra control has rarely been something naruto was ever complemented on. Heck, even today he still seems to need clones to use his standard rasengan. In comparison minato, kakashi and jiraiya were able to use rasengan with a single hand. Its not just that naruto preferred a method, the only reason to use a clone for a technique is the inability to do it otherwise. Doing it without a clone is faster (in particular less steps involved), saves energy and does not give away the technique.

That said, I would argue the manga specifically shows kage bushin, rasengan or bijudama to not require high chakra control. Naruto was able to use taju kage bushin even when orochimaru messed up his seal and chakra control. Basically kage bushin merely requires the user to have chakra to waste and naruto has had more chakra than most shinobi from the start of the manga. Rasengan does require excellent chakra control but he gets around that altogether by using his clones. By using clones he needs less actual skill to use the technique. The bijudama was ultimately a matter of getting friendly with kurama, naruto never got the hang of it alone. As for senjutsu, the manga also made it clear that the most basic requirement for it is to have a huge chakra pool. Heck, even though senjutsu actually improves naruto's chakra control to the point that he can use one handed rasengans he still needs to use a clone for the cho odama rasengan, something which jiraiya could do on his own. If a better sage mode was a reflection of how good your chakra control is then I would argue naruto should be able to at least use odama rasengan in the same way as jiraiya but then again we have never seen that. Even in chakra mode naruto needs multiple hands to use his various rasengans. If naruto had chakra control comparable to that of most people I would argue he would be able to use most of his normal sized rasengans and some of the larger ones with only one hand. Naruto is good at handling large amounts of chakra but I would think the manga still points towards naruto being terrible at tasks which require finely tuned control for delicate tasks. Naruto only gives the illusion of being a better at this however at large he still solves his problems the same way as always, by throwing chakra. And if that does not work he throws more chakra at them. And if that does not work he makes a clone and throws MORE chakra at them. And he can do that indefinitely because naruto never runs out of chakra. Heck, even the latest chapter shows this. Normal or biju chakra not enough? Then lets throw biju sage chakra and see what happens!
    actually Naruto just a few chapters ago did a one handed rasengan in sage mode. Now many say it was because he was in sage mode but sage mode does not add any benefits as far as chakra control goes as kyuubi mode did. in kyuubi mode naruto had the cloak and kuramas help to mold the rasengans so he had help, but in sage mode he balanced out his energies with natural energy and made a one handed rasengan. So he can in fact make one handed rasengans now and i bet the whole time why he couldnt throughout the series is because of kurama

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    actually Naruto just a few chapters ago did a one handed rasengan in sage mode. Now many say it was because he was in sage mode but sage mode does not add any benefits as far as chakra control goes as kyuubi mode did. in kyuubi mode naruto had the cloak and kuramas help to mold the rasengans so he had help, but in sage mode he balanced out his energies with natural energy and made a one handed rasengan. So he can in fact make one handed rasengans now and i bet the whole time why he couldnt throughout the series is because of kurama
    I did mention sage mode increased his chakra control though. However my point was that while naruto did have better chakra control in sage mode and he could use his techniques more efficiently he is still inferior at least compared to what jiraiya showed. After all, jiraiya did use a cho odama rasengan without help at all. So that leaves us with jiraiya displaying better chakra control with an inferior sage mode. In chakra mode he invariably uses more hands to make all rasengans from what I recall.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I did mention sage mode increased his chakra control though. However my point was that while naruto did have better chakra control in sage mode and he could use his techniques more efficiently he is still inferior at least compared to what jiraiya showed. After all, jiraiya did use a cho odama rasengan without help at all. So that leaves us with jiraiya displaying better chakra control with an inferior sage mode. In chakra mode he invariably uses more hands to make all rasengans from what I recall.
    Sage mode doesn't increase your chakra control,

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Sage mode doesn't increase your chakra control,

Exactly my point...Sage mode only makes the user have to balance 3 different types of chakra now; Yin Chakra, Yang Chakra, and Natural Energy to get Sage Chakra.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Donno why nobody responds to this point, maybe because it factually proves that Naruto is incredibly good at controlling and molding chakra. If he can transform chakra to thousands of idividuals within a couple seconds/minutes, Naruto can hardly be called decent, no reason to decieve oneself for that. Sakura may be better, let's say S class, couldn't Naruto be be A or S too?
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 05, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Firm but Fair

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Donno why nobody responds to this point, maybe because it factually proves that Naruto is incredibly good at controlling and molding chakra. If he can transform chakra to thousands of idividuals within a couple seconds/minutes, Naruto can hardly be called decent, no reason to decieve oneself for that. Sakura may be better, let's say S class, couldn't Naruto be be A or S too?
    Naruto is without a doubt S class in chakra control now, what he has been doing now is just incredible

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member chibistar6's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we're mixing up "control" and "ability to use." Remember way back in part I (don't remember which episode) when Kakashi was explaining chakra control to Naruto? He said Sakura was the best at executing a technique with exactly the amount of chakra needed, no more, no less. Naruto can do the same technique, but requires a much larger chakra pool since he wastes a great deal of it - ie, he doesn't control it as well as Sakura does.
    As for being the most economical with chakra, Sakura probably wins - she can use every last shred of it without wasting anything. So in that sense, she has better control of it. But of course she could never handle all the chakra that Naruto's putting out right now - he's handling a massive volume of chakra, but is probably wasting a whole lot of it. (But with his current chakra pool, I guess that doesn't matter at all...)

Although Naruto did surprise me back at the end of last year when he managed to merge and match his chakra with all the ninjas in the alliance. So he's definitely gotten better at chakra control in that way....but still probably not nearly as good as any medic nin when it comes to using the perfect amount. (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post
    Naruto can do the same technique, but requires a much larger chakra pool since he wastes a great deal of it - ie, he doesn't control it as well as Sakura does.

So in that sense, she has better control of it.

Although Naruto did surprise me back at the end of last year when he managed to merge and match his chakra with all the ninjas in the alliance. So he's definitely gotten better at chakra control in that way....but still probably not nearly as good as any medic nin when it comes to using the perfect amount. (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this)
    Can you provide some evidence for bolded text that he still has problems with that, from part 2 and from after he got Sage/Kyubi mode please. After he spent his two years training with Jiraiya to get a better control of it.

Few will disagree with that opinion, but it's no reason to diminish Naruto's skill at doing a very good job himself.
    Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast