Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Predictions

You've named all the key points that I was also focusing on. The thorn 'wing' being compared to Cassanos wing. The ignition weapon/lobster being were also hinted to be the same as what Horyang, Cassano and now Beta all have as well.

We also know that Baams ignition weapon was given to him long before the thorn yet they have both been described the same way. And I auppose both have been given to him to help him over come the weakness he has on the physical side of combat.

His shinso control continues to be his primary reason for being so powerful and his natural talent as opposed to the artificial ignition weapon and thorn. So I hope as things progress he with shed these gifts and focuses on his natural talents as an irregular.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The power we're talking about is the lobster. It came out to heal Baam against Wangnan's bombs, but Baam hasn't consciously used it, and Baam, as you pointed out, doesn't know how to ignite it. Beta claims that the lobster is a replica of the real ignition weapon and that you can't ignite it, although it clearly ignited on its own.
    So, to be clear, the lobster is that demon Baam can't start (used to heal his wounds against Wangnan). And on the other hand, he has been using consciously a different power against Amigo and Vespa, one that he certainly can use at will. Is that so?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    You've named all the key points that I was also focusing on. The thorn 'wing' being compared to Cassanos wing. The ignition weapon/lobster being were also hinted to be the same as what Horyang, Cassano and now Beta all have as well.

We also know that Baams ignition weapon was given to him long before the thorn yet they have both been described the same way. And I auppose both have been given to him to help him over come the weakness he has on the physical side of combat.

His shinso control continues to be his primary reason for being so powerful and his natural talent as opposed to the artificial ignition weapon and thorn. So I hope as things progress he with shed these gifts and focuses on his natural talents as an irregular.
    I agree it would be great if Baam is powerful only because of his natural talents as irregular and not because of those weapons given to him by FUG. I guess Mazino and Panthaminum didnt have help from FUG to be what they are. :-)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That pretty much solves things for me. So I guess Baam has two strange creatures floating around inside of him? Maybe, but the thorn comes off as more of a weapon and the lobster is a living thing.

And on a side note, hopefully Baams fight againt mad dog is inteeeense!

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that would solve it. The weird thing is that all of them are drawn with a red light... I guess that produced the confusion.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn... this chapter was underwhelming, probably because I expected way too much I guess. But it was not a bad one, just solid.

I thought the situation between the gamblers would turn out more intense. You know, disagreement between the host and the gamblers and between the gamblers themselves. But SIU handled it plain and simple. Who would have thought that 8 gamblers went all in, lol?
    I didn't like the games in Season II that much, but the developing tournament sounds really fun and interesting. Not to mention the fight between FUG's and Mad Dog's team. Let's get ready to rumle!

Androssi didn't use a double. She made an appearance and changed her outfit. This was also handled simple. Maybe it's better this way, since whenever SIU goes the complicated route, I am the one who can't understand a thing.

"Dammit... it feels as if I got hit by a tank..."
    Rak is so full of wins. You can't stop laughing when he is around. Just look at him how pissed off he looks when Baam entered the fray. Baam is in deep shit! Forget about Mad Dog, Rak is more dangerous!

Anyone else thinks Yihwa looks way more beautiful in her dress than Androssi in hers? Too bad she didn't get the same focus as Androssi.

What do you guys think about Beta? I can't stand him. He is boring and annoying.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Some interesting details on Viole, or at least the ignition weapon in question. And we get to see the battle move forward. The final pages were a bit unexpected, excited to see what comes out of this fortuitous meeting between those three.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I think for the rest of this arc I might just take a back seat and let the story flow without analyzing it too much, because as it is now there is simply too much going on. SIU is obviously having difficulty juggling all the plot points, characters, etc but instead of pointing out loopholes I might just sit back and just go along with everything.

One big thing that irks me though is that based on this chapter if you take a big picture look at the plug round of the tournament it is basically just a complete waste. We have no one of note eliminated, all gamblers are still safe, and FUG will face Mad Dog which was always going to happen.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The arc name is "The truth". Will it be the truth about Viole's identity, finally revealed for all his old friends? Or the truth about the price of the tourney? or ... One truly true is that this arc is not the end of the season.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Viole - Identity
    Emile - Purpose/Personality
    FUG - Goals
    Gong Bang - Evil/Not

Bunch of options

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I'm not sure what doubt you have. Anyway, we don't know much about the thorn. It could be an attack of the ignition weapon he has inside of him; it could be another name of the ignition weapon or it can be another weapon not related to the ignition weapon inside. Only thing that we know is that it was made for Fug and supplied to Baam by them, as it happened too with the ignition weapon.

Presumably the ignition weapon will be for the winner of the game. So Baam would have to beat anyone there to gain it. But we ignore the details about how Baam is going to be in command of the real ignition weapon.

Also, what you think is the relation between the real ignition weapon and Emile?

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Coming back to conn-man question, what I find weird is this:

Spoiler show

Here, Beta says to Baam he doesn't know how to start his devil inside. And

Spoiler show

here we are told Viole used that weapon similar to Cassano's one to beat Amigo and Vespa. And clearly Viole decided to use it, once his shinsoo powers got sealed by Verdi.

Also here, the thorn is used at will:

Spoiler show

And in all these occasions, a red light is clearly shown.

So, what is the devil inside that Baam can't start? It should be different than those powers he used against Amigo and Vespa and to make that crack in the wall. Or is it that Beta is lying to Baam about that devil he can't start? Because it doesn't seems so.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Beta is not lying about Baam not being able to start that power, as he says in V2-Ch43:

Spoiler show

geeee. I'm confused about Baam's powers.
    But from Beta's words, it sounds like Baam would have to go against FUG's plans, and I presume FUG's plans involve Baam + team FUG beating everyone and getting the weapon. So that makes me think that after winning, FUG will somehow use the real ignition weapon to control him fully, so I guess Baam could destroy the weapon.

As for Emile, I'm not really sure tbh. From this page we can see many tubes linked up to Emile carrying some sort of blue liquid. One guess is that the water from the final arena is being pumped into Emile along with the real "thing" which is used to create ignition weapons, and Emile could be some sort of container (or egg) for it so it can be transferred onto the winner of the tournament, though it's a bit hard to believe that they would give something which is so sought after to a mere regular. Or the workshop people have another plan in mind from FUG and want to make Emile herself into the ignition weapon, which could tie into what the Traveller said. If becoming a true ignition weapon destroys your free will and puts you at the mercy of another party then Emile would essentially be dead, hence why Emile has been trying to get people to rescue her. These are all guesses by the way, not a whole lot to go on.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    But from Beta's words, it sounds like Baam would have to go against FUG's plans, and I presume FUG's plans involve Baam + team FUG beating everyone and getting the weapon. So that makes me think that after winning, FUG will somehow use the real ignition weapon to control him fully, so I guess Baam could destroy the weapon.
    Baam going against FUG's plan would have make a lot of sense. Horyang should have made a point when he told Baam: "You and I are both victims" (V2Ch43). The process they suffered was the same: they were put into a water tank with the demon inside and later they had the demon inside. Ha Jimsu said to Baam that he could only gave him a part of a a power that would make him able to become a god:

Spoiler show

That part should be the replica Baam has inside. The tank could be that Emile egg you quoted. But there is a difference between the process Horyang and Baam passed through before and this current process, which is that humanoid screaming to Emile: "you will never become a human":

Spoiler show

I mean, in neither of both processes we know about (Horyang' and Baam') there have been a humanoid like that one in the middle. So, what's happening there with her and with Emile?

Now, we have this explanation of what an ignition weapon:

Spoiler show

It's possible the ignition weapon is Emile who wants to become a human, meaning: who wants to become a living ignition weapon. I mean it could be different than the other ignition weapon in that this one have that desire to become a human. Anyway, again the part that is still to be revealed is what part is playing that humanoid? And what part would be playing Baam?

But what you say makes sense: a living ignition weapon has two parts: a human and a demon inside of the human. But in Horyang and Cassano cases, the demon can be used by the Human, as if the human is who commands the whole unit. Possibly FUG and the Workshop organization wants a whole unit (human + demon) that is going to be commanded by the demon part. That human part could be Baam; which is a very creepy and interesting end of season...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by ukimix; September 10, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't put too much stock in Beta's words, I'm pretty sure he's full of shit. He might be telling truth on some parts, but there are most likely half-truths in there as well, because he is a mischievous and cunning individual.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Emile is actually one of Zahards 13[or was it 12??] month series who disobeyed her former master to become human .

Another theory would be if FUG after learning about the Beta and all weapons , just wanted to have their 'God' as powerful as possible. I personally feel that Beta actually wants the weapon for himself . I feel that after the test on him succeeded , the weapon was pulled out of him for Viole to use .

Also , following SIUs guidelines , lets talk about what all the regulars will get as items .
    I got for Wangnan getting some sort of animal controlling thingy [or pokeball for that matter]

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I wonder if Emile is actually one of Zahards 13[or was it 12??] month series who disobeyed her former master to become human .
    I don't remember a 13 month series disobeying it's master, except for the Black March maybe. But the Black March disobeyed Yuri and Anak, because she is a sexist, not because she wants to become a human.

Have you some kind of a source for this?
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he might be talking about the Colorless December, which supposedly is believed to be a link/cause of Eurasia Zahard's insanity.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast