Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 159 Discussion/160 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I don't remember a 13 month series disobeying it's master, except for the Black March maybe. But the Black March disobeyed Yuri and Anak, because she is a sexist, not because she wants to become a human.

Have you some kind of a source for this?
    There is no reference for Emile being one of the 13 months series; but he's not saying there is one, he's wondering if that could be the case. Something that only could be known in the future.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    There is no reference for Emile being one of the 13 months series; but he's not saying there is one, he's wondering if that could be the case. Something that only could be known in the future.
    No, that was not my point/question. I didn't ask for a reference for Emile being a 13 month series. Seems like you misunderstood my request.

Bhoot wrote about a 13 month series, who disobeyed it's master in order to become human. I asked for a source of this, since I don't remember the manhwa or SIU stating such.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

No, that was not my point/question. I didn't ask for a reference for Emile being a 13 month series. Seems like you misunderstood my request.

Bhoot wrote about a 13 month series, who disobeyed it's master in order to become human. I asked for a source of this, since I don't remember the manhwa or SIU stating such.
    Ah, sorry. I searched a bit and found it was after the crown game, as can be read in wikia. But I don't have the chapter.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, sorry. I searched a bit and found it was after the crown game, as can be read in wikia. But I don't have the chapter.
    But Bhoot wasn't talking about the Black March. I think we are talking past each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I wonder if Emile is actually one of Zahards 13[or was it 12??] month series who disobeyed her former master to become human .
    His theory is that Emile may be one of the 13 month series, who disobeyed its master to become human. And I don't recall the manhwa or one of SIU's notes stating that one of the 13 month series disobeyed their master. But it seems like Bhoot read something like this somewhere and I'm curious where he did get that information.

I hope we are now on the right track.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

But Bhoot wasn't talking about the Black March. I think we are talking past each other.

His theory is that Emile may be one of the 13 month series, who disobeyed its master to become human. And I don't recall the manhwa or one of SIU's notes stating that one of the 13 month series disobeyed their master. But it seems like Bhoot read something like this somewhere and I'm curious where he did get that information.

Neither do I. There is the Eurasia Enne Zahard incident, but that was different... maybe a mix of a very bad translation of that and fan imagination?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

lol at

Possibly Bhoot threw his idea about a 13 month disobeying his master after reading this previous post I wrote before of his one:

But what you say makes sense: a living ignition weapon has two parts: a human and a demon inside of the human. But in Horyang and Cassano cases, the demon can be used by the Human, as if the human is who commands the whole unit. Possibly FUG and the Workshop organization wants a whole unit (human + demon) that is going to be commanded by the demon part. That human part could be Baam; which is a very creepy and interesting end of season...
    But you have to see that Bhoot doesn't say that SIU says something about one of the 13 months serie disobeying his master. That is Bhoot's idea and he wonders about it. So you can't find references for it. That was my initial comment to your post.

---------- Post added September 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2013 at 07:51 PM ----------

The Company version out: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/192967/...by_the-company
    Last edited by ukimix; September 11, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm most curious about what SIU is going to do with Baam's character.

Not so much in terms of plot as in emotional tone. Is he going to keep at the "emotionally distant" thing, by having Baam continue to maintain the Viole facade or choose to put cracks in it, revealing hints of his old self by having him work with Rak and Androssi? It could really go either way so many schemes in play.

My preference would be for Baam to quit playing the pawn and get help from Rak and Androssi to finish this tournament on his own terms. That's what I want to see, as I think it would make a much better read than a continuing battle between the dozen or so puppet masters
    Last edited by Jammin; September 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it pretty stupid that people have to "input" information to Emile to disclose where they are. Why? There is no point. Also, the reliance on Emile is just dumb as well.

The Thorn being a prototype to prep Baam for the real thing, meh I don't really care. I only care about the Lobster really.

Also, it's too simple to assume Tangsooyook will be the winners of of the 8 losers bracket, defeating Leesoo's team and then going on to face FUG's team in the final after FUG defeats Mad Dogs team. That is all too cut and dry, something more complex has to happen right?
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bruhmouzone's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Right now I'm most curious about what SIU is going to do with Baam's character.

Not so much in terms of plot as in emotional tone. Is he going to keep at the "emotionally distant" thing, by having Baam continue to maintain the Viole facade or choose to put cracks in it, revealing hints of his old self by having him work with Rak and Androssi? It could really go either way so many schemes in play.

My preference would be for Baam to quit playing the pawn and get help from Rak and Androssi to finish this tournament on his own terms. That's what I want to see, as I think it would make a much better read than a continuing battle between the dozen or so puppet masters
    IIRC the Viole persona was created to hide the fact that the irregular Baam survived the floor of test, and as a way to protect him from Zahard. Viole is still too weak to openly oppose FUG, but with the following he's gathered I can see him forming his own faction later on like Mazino.
    Last edited by bruhmouzone; September 13, 2013 at 01:26 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a given. Just look at how powerful and influential the friends he made from season 1 are. Combine them with Tangsooyook and possibly some nice people from FUG who feel like defecting from an evil organization and he has the foundation for another organization, which would create a new balancing act of power with Zahard, FUG, Wing Tree.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bruhmouzone View Post
    IIRC the Viole persona was created to hide the fact that the irregular Baam survived the floor of test, and as a way to protect him from Zahard. Viole is still too weak to openly oppose FUG, but with the following he's gathered I can see him forming his own faction later on like Mazino.
    Yeah, I figure things are headed in that direction too but I'm not so much talking about plot as the character himself. Like will he be open up emotionally to his friends or stay closed off and slightly distant? In the short term(this arc) I think the next chapter should pretty much decide that.

The argument can certainly be made for both. Having Baam play his cards close to his chest for fear of trouble (for them or himself). Or be open with them and trust them to... be his friends.

In the long term it doesn't make a ton of difference but in the short term I think it makes a massive difference; namely deciding what kind of character Baam's going to be for the remainder of this arc.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 13, 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Baam carries the burden of a deep sadness made by Rachel's betrayal. I think only events meaningful in that respect would change his emotional tone. ... I always have thought that the hair over his eyes has two meanings: as a disguise, but also it tells the true about his sadness.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Baam carries the burden of a deep sadness made by Rachel's betrayal. I think only events meaningful in that respect would change his emotional tone. ... I always have thought that the hair over his eyes has two meanings: as a disguise, but also it tells the true about his sadness.
    I don't see it that way. While I think Rachel's role betrayal and all that still weighs on him but there much more to him now that just that. It matters to him but I don't think it's the only thing that does.

The emo hair look I take as a stylistic choice to show his distance, you know that classic hair hides the eyes thereby suggesting that the real him is hidden from sight, that kind of thing. After all if you can't see the eyes you can't fully read the emotion of a character. So basically I read it as something to hide emotion rather than express it (which I don't think is a great feature for a protag but that's a different subject).
    Last edited by Jammin; September 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm , i m sorry for the line about Emile being part of the 13 month series thingy . I was jut making random theories coz i like to .
    As such , i do think i remember reading that one of the princesses was missing / had gone crazy or something , do thats what fueled the thought .

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I don't see it that way. While I think Rachel's role betrayal and all that still weighs on him but there much more to him now that just that. It matters to him but I don't think it's the only thing that does.

The emo hair look I take as a stylistic choice to show his distance, you know that classic hair hides the eyes thereby suggesting that the real him is hidden from sight, that kind of thing. After all if you can't see the eyes you can't fully read the emotion of a character. So basically I read it as something to hide emotion rather than express it (which I don't think is a great feature for a protag but that's a different subject).
    Well, literature is always subjective in an important sense. In my personal view of it, ToG is like certain metaphor of a very actual and important dilemma in our current societies: to make dreams come true, it’s very common that people always are searching for answers; answers that many times are considered to be somewhere but not here, or that can be gained some moment but not now, or that can be given by someone but not me. But, there is some wisdom in the fact that the most important answers that one can look for, in act are available here, now and inside of me. (Hehe I use to think, for instance, some money helps your goal to be happy, and that in neither case make sense to make money beyond what you need: “I’m fine the way I am, why to go for more”.)

In my personal view of ToG Baam is like a symbol; a sign of this last true. He could have told Rachel: “everybody is trying to get the top of tower to make their dreams come true, but you are my tower from the bottom to the top. I don’t need anything else…” To me that feeling is the origin of the whole story.

But, as it happens in a good Greek tragedy, the thing with Baam is Rachel; I mean the thing with him is that the woman in which he put his hopes and wishes is not the same kind of him but, like the big majority, wants to climb the tower to make her dreams comes true.

Just with that, we have a very interesting plot. This whole background, composed by these two characters, is good enough to write a very good slice of life, for instance. It has the entire dynamic required for a good story, in part because, in everyday life you can find people around you that tries to life together, but try to push in different directions.

But, ToG is exquisite in that in that relationship, in that world created with these two opposite characters, the character that wants to go outside, betrays the other and tries to uses him in order to reach his goals. This gives this story its unique taste, and Baam is just such an interesting character for his story. I wonder about his feelings, about his personal thoughts on the matter, and the most important part, about how SIU is going to give a solution to his main character in this respect.

This is, to me, the quintessential line of the story. And it’s the one I’m much more excited about. I mean, I know is a shounen, and I like the games in general. I want to see Ureq again, and want to see what can do Phantaminum, and who is Zahard, etc… All of it could be really good and beautifully drawn and told. And if that happens I surely will have good moments reading it. But, no matter what, if there is no a good solution to Baams feelings and sentimental troubles, then, in the end, it won’t be a good story, to me.

In other worlds, all the other stories and arcs are gravitating around the emotional, sentimental drama in which the life of the main character is being involved. So, in my personal view, coming back to it, no, there is no much more than that to me in ToG, or at least nothing more important than that. After what we have seen, the day I see Baam trully smiling in a ToG chapter, or it will be absolutely fantastic or the whole story will have been ruined for ever.
    Last edited by ukimix; September 13, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast