Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand Reiner's and Berthold's way of doing things

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lasso's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

The Reason behind...

why Reiner and Bert want Eren to come with them to their village?

i don't know, i feel they're persistant about it too much, what's so special about Eren, that makes them go through all of this (starting from Annie's attack on the 57th expedation" to Reiner disclosing to Eren that he and Bert are both titan shifters and kidnapping him.

Is it their mission, what significance Eren holds?

i'd like to hear your thoughts about it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Reason behind...

Eren is not important?

The sole reason why Wall Rose still exist is because Eren sealed the hole in the wall. Furthermore, when they saw it was him they decided not to break through another gate with armored titan.

While Eren is weak when compared to other shifters his transformation IN FRONT OF HUMANS showed that there is more behind Titans themselves. This set event in motion and after we look at all of them we can conclude next:
    -Walls are not what they seems to be.
    -There are people inside walls who know the truth and they have some sort of secret agenda.
    -Obviously Eren is important to someone 'big' from outside of the walls when three different Titan shifters are trying to kidnap him.
    -Those same outside bosses are even prepared to kill both Reiner and Bert if they fail to get Eren to them.
    -All of Titan shifters don't give a single hint of being sorry for killing thousands of people ( trough their own actions ), meaning that there is something a lot more going in the series beside inner walls. And Eren basement is key to that.

So even if Eren is weak somehow everything ties to him and his basement ( the only people knowing about that would be Scouting Legion members, Mikasa and Armin ).
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he means why is it important to capture Eren alive, I mean, BAR could have killed him if they wanted but their objective is abducting him. I don't know the answer but maybe they want study him, maybe they notice something different about his transformation.
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huesoman View Post
    I think he means why is it important to capture Eren alive, I mean, BAR could have killed him if they wanted but their objective is abducting him. I don't know the answer but maybe they want study him, maybe they notice something different about his transformation.
    I thought Annie wanted to kidnap him because she likes him.
    (I mean she was weeping when she failed and looked genuinely distressed and confused when he attacked her.)
    But of course, it could been another reason to add on the Bar´s objectives.

And the reason Armored titan didn´t showed up was because Reiner´s "Soldier" persona decided to show its face and follow Jean.
    You can see the shock in the other two shifter´s eyes when he did.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

to me it's as simple as eren poses a threat to them...may it be that humans can learn much from him(if just being a moral uplift) or the fact he is a threat physically to them.we seen him put a good ass whippen on armored boy and annie would have been in a lot of trouble had it not been eren's 2nd/3rd time transforming....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

They believe he's the coordinate, which they need in order to complete their mission, which is still unknown at this point as well as the meaning and purpose of this coordinate.
    But anyhow, if they need Eren to complete the mission, then you can only imagine the significance that he holds.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    I thought Annie wanted to kidnap him because she likes him.
    (I mean she was weeping when she failed and looked genuinely distressed and confused when he attacked her.)
    But of course, it could been another reason to add on the Bar´s objectives.

And the reason Armored titan didn´t showed up was because Reiner´s "Soldier" persona decided to show its face and follow Jean.
    You can see the shock in the other two shifter´s eyes when he did.
    Armin did that whole speech to Jean about Erwin realizing that they want to get Eren. He said the armored didn't show up because something (Eren) happened that forced BAR to stop what they were doing. This was supported by Erwin successfully predicting that Bar would attack outside. And they want Eren desperately, they are willing to reveal themselves, risk their lives, do whatever it takes to get him. Maybe they think he's something he's not (alluded to in 48). They don't know about the ejection or Eren's Dad.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    They don't know about the ejection or Eren's Dad
    haha,good point....
    maybe they think he is a born titan....

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    to me it's as simple as eren poses a threat to them...may it be that humans can learn much from him(if just being a moral uplift) or the fact he is a threat physically to them.we seen him put a good ass whippen on armored boy and annie would have been in a lot of trouble had it not been eren's 2nd/3rd time transforming....
    Possibly. For some reason, it seems like they do not want the people within the Walls to figure out the truth behind the Titans anyway; the killing of those two Titans that were captured as well as the fact that they went through the trouble of capturing Ymir says something...

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    haha,good point....
    maybe they think he is a born titan....

Hmm. But they DID hear commander Pixis mentioning the basement at Eren's home, so they should know that Eren thinks the answers like there. Unless they think Eren was lying to protect himself <_<

Anyway, it's indeed interesting to note that they seem to want him alive, especially since they know that he's going to do his best to avoid capture and/or attempt to flee if he's captured. Just as strange is the fact that they're apparently not trying to convince him to come over to their side (which they should be doing if they want him alive, because the way things are now, he's not very cooperative, as they've noticed) the way they did with Ymir...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also thinkin...maybe ape boy has some kind of control over B/R/A and they need eren to fight/capture/confront him...
    I mean,if they needed the ape guy...why didn't they just transform and confront him at the castle ruins?

because it's funny that after they find out ymir is a shifter,they reveal themselves to eren...plus annie being captured
    change of plans

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps they know the answers that could help the rebellion against Titans or the Titans definitively get rid of the humans in the walls is locked inside Eren's head.

There is a lot Eren cannot remember and perhaps all the answers are right there

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand Reiner's and Berthold's way of doing things

I mean, why take away Eren just like that or even reveal their identities in the first place?

In my mind, they could have simply showed up as the Armored and Colossal Titans, break more of the Walls, and eventually, when everyone within the Walls is getting eaten/busy fighting the Titans, take Eren away. Hell, they could have probably rescued Annie by doing things this way.

I think the only reason they are doing things this way is because Reiner lost it and decided to go now, but that was the worst plan, things could have been so much easier for them.

Maybe they felt remorse and wanted to spare the humans within the Walls? But even then, I feel like they could have come up with a much, much better way of doing things, especially with their Titan's power, their knowledge about Titans and the cover they had.

I honestly feel like Reiner just went full retard there. -_-

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don't understand Reiner's and Berthold's way of doing things

Quote Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
    I mean, why take away Eren just like that or even reveal their identities in the first place?

In my mind, they could have simply showed up as the Armored and Colossal Titans, break more of the Walls, and eventually, when everyone within the Walls is getting eaten/busy fighting the Titans, take Eren away. Hell, they could have probably rescued Annie by doing things this way.

I think the only reason they are doing things this way is because Reiner lost it and decided to go now, but that was the worst plan, things could have been so much easier for them.

Maybe they felt remorse and wanted to spare the humans within the Walls? But even then, I feel like they could have come up with a much, much better way of doing things, especially with their Titan's power, their knowledge about Titans and the cover they had.

I honestly feel like Reiner just went full retard there. -_-
    It was Reiner collapsing under all the trauma and guilt.
    He snapped and lost his mind.
    And Bertholdt had to play along since he has no will of his own.
    but even he tried to discourage Reiner from anything that dumb.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was all a rather spontaneous chain of events. Plus, I'd say that Reiner was still in Soldier Mode to some extent, so that messed up his thinking. It's something B & A has been aware of, but since Reiner's the leader, they've been going along for it. Either way, I do agree that he probably snapped, because had he been himself, he'd never have taken such a hasty decision, blowing their covers just like that and escaping without any food or water... As for Berthold, well he has said that he has no will of his own, so he went along with it even though he probably knew it was all a very bad idea...

Edit: Plus, there's the matter of the Ape Titan. It seems to have triggered something in R & B, because they were all "We can go home now!" the morning after it appeared, so they - or Reiner, at least - probably just got a bit over-eager 9_9 . Add some sleep deprivation to all that and...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; September 24, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast