Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Among other information, the fanbook contains profiles with stat sheets for (almost) all characters, you can find those stats here.

Further notes will be added as they become available.

U-17 All Japan Players' Database (High Schoolers):

High Schooler 1st String

Spoiler:  Byoudouin Houou show

Spoiler: Tanegashima Shuuji show

Spoiler: Duke Watanabe show

Spoiler: Echizen Ryoga show

Spoiler: Kaji Kazena show

Spoiler: Ohmagari Ryuuji show

Spoiler: Kimijima Ikuto show

Spoiler: Tohno Atsukyou show

Spoiler: Ochi Tsukimitsu show

Spoiler: Mouri Jusaburou show

Spoiler: Fuwa Tetsuhito show

Spoiler: Mitsuya Akuto show

Spoiler: Taira Yoshiyuki show

Spoiler: Hara Tetsuya show

High Schooler 2nd String

Spoiler: Tokugawa Kazuya show

Spoiler: Oni Juujirou show

Spoiler: Irie Kanata show

Spoiler:  Yamato Yuudai show

Spoiler: Migihashi Itarou show

Coach Data

Konomi Interview

Spoiler: Part 1 - 1st Stringer Section show

Miscellaneous:

Spoiler: What if the winners had gone to the mountain camp? show

U-17 Japan representative candidate who left the training camp; The one who, at once, went to Germany after his match with Yamato...
    Last edited by Kaoz; August 27, 2014 at 09:10 AM.

2. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

U-17 All Japan Players' Database (Middle Schoolers):

Seigaku

Spoiler: Echizen Ryoma show

Spoiler: Tezuka Kunimitsu show

Rikkai Dai Fuzoku

Spoiler: Yukimura Seiichi show

Spoiler: Sanada Gen'ichirou show

Shitenhouji

Spoiler: Tooyama Kintarou show

Hyoutei

Spoiler: Atobe Keigo show

Higa

Fudomine

Yamabuki

Rokkaku

St. Rudolph

Others
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 31, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

So, I guess it's confirmed? It's really a ton more info than what I normally expect for in a fanbook, considering that I buy death note/bleach fanbook in the past.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow Yamato is the lowest rated character?

2,2,2,2,2, 10 total stats .

and shiraishi...
    4,4,4,4,4 20 total stats. It's double of yamato

-source : FANBOOK

edit: sanada vs shuji

shuji's :5,5,5,7,6

sanada's:4,5,4,4,5

even more Interesting

duke: 5,7,5,5,5
    tokugawa: 4.5,4.5,4.5,4.5,4.5
    ryoma: 4,3,4,5,5,

tokugawa is ultra well rounded, like shiraishi
    i'm not making any obvious conclusions, cuz stats dont matter, accept if you are 2,2,2,2,2s
    Last edited by ashore; September 06, 2013 at 09:46 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow @ Yamato's stats lol. Yet he was playing "even" with Tezuka thanks to his special technique.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I do agree that stat does not matter. Unless you are shown to have nothing but pure stats.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Translated the member profile for Yamato Yuudai (also added to the opening post):

Yamato Yuudai
    Like the flowing river, he possesses an ideology of splendour. Standing at the precipice and seeing the big picture, he maintains a conduct befitting one of such vast promise.

Supplemental Info:
    Contacts: Menicon
    (TN: Menicon was a sponsor of the manga a while back)
    Only the Seigaku 3rd Years know the mystery behind his sudden image change.

Height: 182cm
    Weight 68 kg
    Handedness: Right
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 0.25 Left: 0.25
    Special Technique: Gen'U Yume Utsutsu
    Playstyle: Counter Puncher
    Shoes: Mizuno Wave Exceed AC7
    Racket: Head Metallix 2
    (TN: Really Konomi? You give him a granny racket? For those who don't play tennis, this was a really unpopular line of rackets by Head that they got rid of almost immediately. The Metallix 2 itself is a super light oversized racket meant for old people and girls who complain about heavy rakcets....I guess this does explain how he helps to make up for his lower power stat since this thing is a catapult)

School Year: High School 2nd Year
    Birthday: 11/4 (Scorpio)
    Blood Type: Type O
    Hobbies: Humorous Poems (Senryuu) - Trekking
    Family Members: Grandmother - Father - Mother - Older Sister
    Comittee: Health Comittee
    Favorite Color: Dark Green
    Favorite Food: Warabi Mochi (Bracken Starch Dumpling)
    Thing he wants most: Writing Brush
    Thing You're Bad At: Seiza
    Specialty outside of Tennis: Humourous Poems (Senryuu)

Stats:
    Speed - 2: His reaction time and explosive powers are somewhat on the lower end, but he makes up for it by outsmarting his opponent and using is superior battle tactics to assist his low speed

Power - 2: Due to the accident he has in the past, his power is weak. He will need to go through more strenth conditioning to defend against his old injury from flaring up.

Stamina - 2: He isn't fit for long periods of play. However, to prevent himself from tiring, he works to waste his opponents stamina by becoming 'bratty' and hastening the progress of the match to his own favor.

Mental - 2: He possesses a wide field of vision. However, His weakness is that he looks at his own power too objectively and so when he has to face an opponent of higher rank, his tenacity wanes during the bout.

Technique - 2: A special shot where just before you strike the ball, you change it's trajectory at the last minute has a high degree of difficulty.

Kurobe Memo: After the 5th Court Shuffle Match, It seemed like Yamato was going to retire. Even though his calm discerning insight showed him that his body was nearing his limit, due to the forethought shown to his juniors and the fact that he seems like a coach already even though he's only a high schooler, he was recommended to attend the Leadership Program (in the camp).

11. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, his 2 tech doesn't quite explain why it's only 2 to me, lol.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's the only one I question. However, if we assume special shots aren't taken into account for base stats, it makes sense a bit?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's somehow connected to his great field of vision that's mentioned in the mental description? GUYU doesn't need great aiming or a special spin or anything, it's really more of a timing thing, so being able to get that timing right might be what makes it such a difficult technique to perform.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the fanbook today, and I gotta say, Ryoga in 'things they possess' cracked me up. I totally did not expect that.

P.S. I originally thought Fuji was the gayest of the series, but Atobe proved me wrong.

The fanbook also includes a short comic where it shows why the moutain climbing training would not work for the winners.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    The fanbook also includes a short comic where it shows why the moutain climbing training would not work for the winners.
    Now, this got me interested. Why?

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there is a mini comic on what if the Winners had to do the mountain camp.

They arrive, the day after Mifune wakes up to a mansion that Atobe had brought up with all his money.
    During the irregular ground elimination match, Gin uses 108th Hadoukyuu to wipe out all the high schoolers.
    Krauser finds Amane hilarious and thins his jokes are good.

During the Sportsman hunt, Tachibana uses his Moujuu no You na Aura to scare away most of the eagles
    Elsewhere Tezuka uses Phantom to blow them away

On the Special Mission to get Mifune Sake, he sends Devil Akaya, Kite and Akutsu
    Akaya runs through the caves scaring all the bats
    Kite uses his Shukuchihou to get through the laser no problem, while Akutsu beats up all the guards.
    They get Mifune the sake and then falls asleep (with Jiro)

All the winners then decide it would be fun to throw a party while he sleeps.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Kaji Kazena
    He has fair skin and is a slimming man, but is a stubborn person with a dirty mouth. After his match with Oni, he was sent to the Medical Center and is now essentially retired.

Supplemental Info: His fluffy hair is just curly hair. If you try to comb his [Naturally Curly] hair, he gets mad

Height: 175cm
    Weight 60 kg
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 1.0 Left: 1.0
    Playstyle: Serve and Volleyer
    Shoes: Nike Zoom Vapor 9 Tour
    Racket: Wilson Blade 98

School Year: High School 3rd Year
    Birthday: 2/5 (Aquarius)
    Blood Type: Type B
    Hobbies: Flower Divination
    Family Members: Grandmother - Father - Mother - Little Sister
    Comittee: Library Comittee
    Favorite Color: Wheat Color
    Favorite Food: Marshmallows
    Thing he wants most: Hair Wax
    Thing You're Bad At: Noise
    Specialty outside of Tennis: Divination

Speed - 7: He has absolute faith in his speed, but when faced with the presence of Oni, he had no ability to answer him because he could not see through to his real level.

Power - 5: His power is average. While away on the expedition, it seems his power rose considerably, however in his match with Oni, it was completely useless.

Stamina - 5: Before the expidition, Stamina was an insufficiency he was tasked to work on. However, after he returned home, it seemed he has conquered his problem. However, his body fat percentage seems to have increased some. It would seem while he was abroad he destroy his body balance through poor eating habits.

Mental - 4: He has an keen perception, but on the other hand, his weakeness is that his power of concentration drops when faced against an opponent he isn't suited for.

Technique - 5: He has a vast array of skills in his repetoire。 While on the expidition, it seems like he worked out a new technique too. However, he was defeated before ever being able to show it.

Kurobe Memo:
    It seems that while he was abroad his strengthened his physical body quit a bit. He is able to freely use his skillful technique to advance onward in the matches. However, just before this, he decided that to get stronger, he needed to fortify his mental strength and get rid of his fickle personality.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    I just bought the fanbook today, and I gotta say, Ryoga in 'things they possess' cracked me up. I totally did not expect that.

P.S. I originally thought Fuji was the gayest of the series, but Atobe proved me wrong.

Elaborate o: on the Ryoga and Atobe bit
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanegashima Shuuji
    He cannot help giving off an atmosphere of aloofness. When he sees a stright edged person, he can't help but to mess with them.

Supplemental Info: 
    -He's from an island in the south
    -Since he hates airplanes he came to Tokyo by ship
    -While out walking with Kimijima, He was scouted and has been a model for a magazine

Height: 184cm
    Weight 71kg
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 0.7 Left: 0.5
    Playstyle: All Rounder
    Shoes: Mizuno Wave Tusk3
    Racket: Mizuno F97 Comp

School Year: High School 3rd Year
    Birthday: 5/29 (Gemini)
    Blood Type: Type A
    Hobbies: Rail Shooting Games and Cruising
    Family Members: Grandfather - Grandmother - Father - Mother - Little Sister - Little Brother - Parrot
    Comittee: Animal Committee
    Favorite Color: Water Color
    Favorite Food: Pigs Feet and Chinese Seaweed
    Thing he wants most: Earplugs
    Thing You're Bad At: Airplanes
    Specialty outside of Tennis: Swimming

Stats
    Speed - 5: No matter what kind of ball, he is able to deal with it nimbly and return it. His kinetic vision was forged from rail shooting games.

Power - 5: The secret of his superior muscles lies in the bones. It seems the collagen he gets from consuming pigs feet bestows favourable results to strengthening his bones.

Stamina - 5: Because he is always trying to see through his opponent's abilities while in battle, he seldom gets his pace distrubed. He almost never has to worry about his Stamina depleting in the middle of a match.

Mental - 7: Because he is the kind of person who does things just to amuse himself, he can change even a pinch into a chance. Because the flexibility supports his foundation, whether it be enemy or ally, he has the acumen to see through and surpass them.

Technique - 6: With the skills to hit a can into the trashcan behind himself without even looking, he has a shining level of control

Kurobe Memo:
    He has natural incredible perception and a large field of vision which he uses to see through one's weaknesses. Because he's always riding his Segway around, he has become accustomed seeing things that move at incredible speeds. However, his one flaw is that he is a very moody person. In real matches, he has a tendancy to recklessly showoff.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

@Atobe

Ryoga's locker contained an orange and a note: Mada Mada Da Ze

Atobe has perfume and lip cream in his locker along with 3 cellphones and towels.

21. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast