Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Kurobe Memo:
    Of course, I had intended to have him flourish within the 1st String, however it can't be helped since he withdrew from the camp. It'll only be a matter of time for him to reach the top level of the pros.
    Tezuka's comments from coaches were barely even positive which means they were comparing him at a G10 level.
    Pretty much confirming this guy is unquestionably G10 level lol.
    To say "His own playstyle is not very powerful" with a 4 in Power can only make sense at G10 level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Tezuka Kunimitsu

Kurobe Memo:
    Of course, I had intended to have him flourish within the 1st String, however it can't be helped since he withdrew from the camp. It'll only be a matter of time for him to reach the top level of the pros.
    Another All-Rounder being preached about how perfect he is.
    Last edited by Kaoz; October 27, 2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: shortened quote

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a question (non-related to Tezuka Kunimitsu).
    it's about the Bible tennis of Shiiraishi.
    This Bible is not a technique right ? Shiiraishi use this to counter almost all Fuji's counters.
    Is it kind of a play-style as well?

I'm just curious because i still can't understand how the Bible tennis can be so strong & it can defeat almost all Fuji's counters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ittadakimasu View Post
    i have a question (non-related to Tezuka Kunimitsu).
    it's about the Bible tennis of Shiiraishi.
    This Bible is not a technique right ? Shiiraishi use this to counter almost all Fuji's counters.
    Is it kind of a play-style as well?

I'm just curious because i still can't understand how the Bible tennis can be so strong & it can defeat almost all Fuji's counters.
    The Bible refers to Shiraishi's playstyle which is tennis in it's most basic form. It's a style of tennis that revolves around nothing but the fundamentals, and it doesn't make use of flashy techniques that you usually see in PoT (However, it's false in the sense that Shiraishi does have a flashy move in the form of the Roundtable Shot). It's so strong because Shiraishi practices nothing but the basics, and it's said that to master something you must master the basics. Fuji got beat because it's the opposite of his style. Fuji, who was always revered as a genius with his showy and fancy Counters got beat by a playstyle which uses little to no techniques. The match was one of those "Hardwork can beat talent" kind of battles you see so often in Shonen manga.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

to stick with fundamentals is awesome.
    but i feel weird on how Shiraishi manage to counter Fuji Disappearing serve.
    When Fuji played Jirou, the course of the ball went to sides of the court no matter how Jirou hit the ball.
    but with Shiraishi, the course of disappearing serve went to the back of the court?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Regular Akaya has 15 in stats. His Devil Form has 18, but it could be WAY higher (20.5) if his tech and stamina didn't go down. I wonder... is it anywhere in the book explained what Angel Mode actually does to him? Does it improve his stats even more?

Just say "yes" or "no", I'm not asking for an inmediate translation, lol.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see any clear answer. Akaya actually has 4 states though.
    Normal, Angel (in doubles with Shiraishi), Devil Mode and Sane Devil Mode.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Lame :/

Yeah I know he has 4 states (besides Muga), Kaoz explained that to me a long time ago, I just wanted to make it simple, lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ittadakimasu View Post
    to stick with fundamentals is awesome.
    but i feel weird on how Shiraishi manage to counter Fuji Disappearing serve.
    When Fuji played Jirou, the course of the ball went to sides of the court no matter how Jirou hit the ball.
    but with Shiraishi, the course of disappearing serve went to the back of the court?
    Actually for both Shiraishi and Jiro, the ball did fly pass them but towards the side where both players hadn't expected it to go. How Shiraishi countered Fuji's Disappearing serve is actually very do able, but is rarely done. Shiraishi's step and turn around shot was done in a real tennis match, and I think it was by Maria Sharapova or some other pro women's tennis player with blonde hair.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we're not really moving forward here anymore, I've decided to post the little bit of information I have access to and thought about. First of all, please take a look at these two pages:

Spoiler show

If you check the upper corners of those pages, you will find some boxes with numbers, those numbers represent stat boosts. Or to be precise, they represent the cumulative (honestly, I can't stress this enough) boosts those characters have received during the team shuffle matches.

Just to drive the point home, if we suppose we got such a box for Ryoma for a match he used Drive B and Drive C in, and each of them boosted Technique by 1 point, it would say "Technique +2".

With all that said, here is a table listing all the boosts (unfortunately I haven't seen Krauser's, Chitose's and Tachibana's pages anywhere, so you'll have to take my word for those):

Code:
    		Speed	Power	Stamina	Mental	Technique
    Krauser		+0	+5	+0	+3	+3
    Kirihara	+3	+1	+3	+5	+1
    Shiraishi	+5	+3	+2	+4	+1
    Tezuka		Unmeasurable
    Atobe		+8	+10	+7	+10	+6
    Tachibana	+2	+4	+0	+3	+2
    Chitose		+2	+1	+1	+2	+4

Please note that all of the above was directly taken from the book. What follows now is strictly my own opinion on how to interpret that data.

Upon learning of those boosts Konomi provided, I decided to read through the matches a couple of times in an attempt to figure out how exactly those numbers came to be. What I felt was that I could map almost all of the boosts to the scenes we had been given, the exceptions were Atobe's boosts due to his match being so long, and one point each for Chitose and Tachibana (I have a suspicion, but it's a bit flimsy).
    Here is what I came up with:

Spoiler show

As you can probably tell, I've made several assumptions in my breakdown. The first and most important one is that all of the boosts can be mapped to shown scenes in the first place. The second one is that, if the same move is used five times, it is also counted five times for the data, which means that in order to get the boost provided by the move itself would be determined by dividing the given boost by five.

I think both of those assumptions make sense, but of course you may object.
    Last edited by Kaoz; November 22, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything about Aktusu?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Is there anything about Aktusu?
    Not in this context, no. This kind of data only exists for the MSers that played during the team shuffle.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This means that stats don't matter at all, as players do wtv they want inside the court? I mean, look at Atobe's improvement, it's ridiculous.

Kirihara's SDM is just your assumption, right? Cause I doubt he's able to be a 7 in Speed tbh (he's a 5 in DM), and I find it weird that his Power isn't as good as his regular DM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    This means that stats don't matter at all, as players do wtv they want inside the court? I mean, look at Atobe's improvement, it's ridiculous.
    I don't think you would get a boost from a shot if you're not using that shot during that point, it wouldn't make sense. And those improvements are all the improvements from the entire match added up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Kirihara's SDM is just your assumption, right? Cause I doubt he's able to be a 7 in Speed tbh (he's a 5 in DM), and I find it weird that his Power isn't as good as his regular DM.
    It is.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I see, it's kinda like dbz' moves power levels.

For SDM Kirihara, I'd expect something like a mix between his best stats (instead of an improvement in any of those areas).

It would be 5 4.5 3 5 3 = 20.5 (slightly better than Shiraishi's, Kite and Akutsu). Those numbers don't sound too crazy at all, and they don't go as far as a total of 22 would.

New Reply
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast