Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Well, Duke is a high schooler, so logically if he's done the same training, the stats should be higher. Not to mention he came from abroad expedition and has became 'quite stronger'.

All the Top 5 has 5 as minimum stats in all the stamina, speed, power, mental, and technique, I think. Even Kaji's stats are insanely high, only got a 4 in mental.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Btw, the chinese scans of the winner's mountain climbing: http://princessofmilktea.tumblr.com/...ujisama-to-add

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't seem like I'll get my two pages a day goal met...I'll revise to at least one a day on the weekdays (cause of work) and 2 a day on the weekends.

Anyhow, did Ochi's profile tonight. Will do Mouri's tomorrow.

Ochi Tsukimitsu
    Reaching the Nationals while attending Hyoutei Gakuen. He has a taciturn cool personality, but he secretly carries with him the feelings of his comrades.

Supplemental Info: 
    -He's the former Captain of the Hyoutei Gakuen Tennis Club
    -He worries over changing the color of his highlights
    -His hair used to be longer. With his tall height, it was quite frightening to see.

Height: 226cm
    Weight 103kg
    Handedness: Right
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 0.7 Left: 0.7
    Special Technique: Mach
    Playstyle: Counter Puncher
    Shoes: Asics Gel Resolution 5
    Racket: Babolat Aero Pro Lite

School Year: High School 3rd Year
    Birthday: 8/15 (Leo)
    Blood Type: Type A
    Hobbies: Igo
    Family Members: Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Cat
    Role within a club: Captain
    Comittee: Book Committee
    Favorite Color: Blue
    Favorite Food: Water - Sarashina Soba
    Thing he wants most: Soba making set
    Thing You're Bad At: Dogs - Smiling
    Specialty outside of Tennis:  Taking walks

Stats
    Speed - 6: With his great height he has an exceptionally long stride. He can use his efficient footwork to instantly move under the ball.

Power - 4: The weapon that is his height makes the power of his smashes and serves terrifying. However he still needs to build up his only moderate muscle strength.

Stamina - 4: In terms of Stamnia, he falls behind a bit the rest of the 1st String. His weakness is that in the latter half of a match his movements become tired and slow. He urgently needs to strengthen his stamina.

Mental - 7: He is called the Mental Assassin. With just one glare he can amplify the pressure on the opponent.

Technique - 4: He has an incredibly high spped serve and can hit the ball very cleanly. He has high skill.

Kurobe Memo:
    He has a 1 hit sure kill serve. He has just high enough abilities to be a singles player。 However, in the match against Atobe and Niou, he showed just how strong his unshakeable will power was.  With one glare not even an animal will come near him. He seems a bit lonesome as a result.

4. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor guy has difficulty smiling. Maybe that's why he's paired with Mouri.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

His power doesn't look like it need help from the comment? Maybe it's because he doesn't live up to his potential?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    His power doesn't look like it need help from the comment? Maybe it's because he doesn't live up to his potential?
    The comment implies that he gets his strength from his height, but if he actually worked out and did strength training exercises, he could be a lot stronger, either a 5 or a 6, most likely.

Spoiler show

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the 'winner team goes to cliff' comic was pretty dumb. Seems like half of it was about how strong they are except that the loser team had Ryoma and Kintaro so it wasn't just a matter of being strong. If Kintaro can't intimidate the eagles or knock the high schools off the cliff then Tachibana/Gin won't be able to do it either. Yukimura's technique shouldn't have any effect on a guy who trained Byodouin. Tezuka should be using Tezuka Phantom, not Tezuka Zone. Atobe's Palace and the 3 man team to steal more sake was funny, though.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouri Jusaburou
    The master of doubles who conceals his true strength under his aloof personality. Thanks to Ochi's influence, his habit of skipping practice has decreased.

Supplemental Info: 
    -He was actually attending Shitenhouji before deciding to transfer to Rikkai
    -He thinks of him and Kaji as the [Curly Haired Alliance], but if he actually said that to Kaji, he'd get mad. But, that's what he secretly thinks in his own head.

Height: 191.63cm
    Weight 83.02kg
    Handedness: Right
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 2.0 Left: 2.0
    Playstyle: All Rounder
    Shoes: Dunlop Hybrid Pro II
    Racket: Dunlop Biomimetic M3.0

School Year: High School 1st Year
    Birthday: 1/3 (Capricorn)
    Blood Type: Type B
    Hobbies: Stamp Collecting - Surveying plants
    Family Members: Father, Mother, Older Sister
    Comittee: Health Committee
    Favorite Color: Orange
    Favorite Food: Oyakodon
    Thing he wants most: Frypan
    Thing You're Bad At: Hot things (he's a cat tongue)
    Specialty outside of Tennis:  Pro Wrestling Holds

Stats
    Speed - 5: His left and right footwork at the net is more than acceptable. His front to back movements, however, do have a few issues to be fixed.

Power - 4: He is too lacking in power to actively play in singles. If he focused on training his arm strength and grip strength, the power of his stroke would get much stronger.

Stamina - 4: He has the endurance to last for a 3 set match, however he gets so absorbed in the match that he doesn't pace himself. In addition he says he hates progressing too slowly.

Mental - 6: He's the type of person that will get fired up when faced with adversity. Enough that he is more than able to deal with the pain of dislocating his joints in a match. He's also the type to manifest his full potential when battling strong opponents.

Technique - 5: He doesn't have any particularly bad shot courses. He's a jack of all trades master of none. It is urgent for him to develop some deciding shots.

Kurobe Memo:
    In the Match against Atobe and Niou he was very poastful about being part of the 1st String. Though he's just only 1st Year High Schooler, He's one of the players I look forward to see improving. It's a wonder if his tenacity to win is due to Rikkai's [Invincible Training]. He may have learned his desire to win from the time spent with the various different players he has been paired with.

11. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Power - 4: He is too lacking in power to actively play in singles. If he focused on training his arm strength and grip strength, the power of his stroke would get much stronger.
    I'm extremely certain they mean to be able to play Singles at the G10 level.
    He isn't G10 Singles.
    But he's most certainly HS Singles level.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Also, direct request to man of the moment Sai,

Was there ANY info on matches that happened in the camp that we don't know about? Like the book reveal Team Shuffles or Player Shuffles that weren't mentioned in the PP's or in the manga? Like... ANY?

Thanks

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing on the interim before the 1st Stringers come back, but they have match reports for all the shown matches with coach comments and such.

i.e. Tsuge said that Executions aren't really all that powerful, it's just that Kite's body is like glass. Then again, he also says that Gin is weak for not being able to take a Duke Homerun >.>

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i.e. Tsuge said that Executions aren't really all that powerful, it's just that Kite's body is like glass. Then again, he also says that Gin is weak for not being able to take a Duke Homerun >.>
    Read: If you don't have at least 10 power and stamina each, your body just doesn't cut it and you shouldn't even be in the camp.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing on the interim before the 1st Stringers come back, but they have match reports for all the shown matches with coach comments and such.

Hmm, I do like to see coach comment now. They look awesome.

I don't think we should take execution not being powerful to heart then. I would, if it were just Kite line alone.

Then, I saw Duke Homerun comment >.> God, the coach is so tough.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Read: If you don't have at least 10 power and stamina each, your body just doesn't cut it and you shouldn't even be in the camp.
    lmao
    so basically the EM's and DH are just as awesome as Tohno & Duke's stats suggest.
    What kinda coach is this guy, whatever he's doing he's not doing it right lol.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    lmao
    so basically the EM's and DH are just as awesome as Tohno & Duke's stats suggest.
    What kinda coach is this guy, whatever he's doing he's not doing it right lol.
    Clearly he is. Look at the beast that G10 are.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When you get to the internationals it'll be revealed the power chart is supposed to be measured 1-10 but the Japanese guys are too weak which is why it seems like it only goes up to 5 at start.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Clearly he is. Look at the beast that G10 are.
    Are you sure?
    Due to the ridiculous gap between the G10 and the rest of the camp its clearly that they are like that due to their own training and the fact they trained abroad.
    Akiba even mentions the training is different abroad.
    The gap between those Tsuge trains and those abroad is insane.

The fact that Tokugawa seems to train independently with Oni sort of shows this.

New Reply
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast