Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

The 1st Stringer stats are updated since they've been mentioning having gotten stronger while abroad like in the Case of Kaji.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the players stats seem off, like their either hiding their abilities or the coaches measured their abilities wrong, Irie has a 2 in stamina, yet he played a long tie break with atobe, and could have kept going if he wanted to, also his stats are lower but he could have won the match easily.

Tokugawa was supposed to be the strongest 2nd stringer in the camp before the 1st string arrived, but his stats show him as being basically just an older version of shiraishi, with nothing really special about him.

Kintaru was supposed to be the best player at his school, and have more power than gin, but his stats show gin as stronger.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Tokugawa's stats, it sounds to me like those were recorded in his first match after returning from the mountain camp, especially that first line in his stamina description. After that, he may not have played against anyone against who he would have needed to go above those stats, so his improvements since then (several months ago) are still hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But on the second part, sure before the Nationals, people didn't know Ryoma by face. But after the Nationals, all the teams recognized Ryoma upon arrival after his epic entrance to the U-17 Camp.
    This is because Ryoma was a rookie who won the nationals.
    Ryoma/Seigaku actually played against almost all of those guys, so this doesn't contradict Sai's statement. The only exceptions are Krauser, Kadowaki and Sakata, none of which showed any sort of reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    And Stamina 4=being able to last 2 match? That's nice to know.
    It's most likely two 1 set matches though. Which would be in line with, say, Ochi's description, who is starting to have problems in the latter half of a 3 set match (so after 1.5-2 sets).

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Kintaru was supposed to be the best player at his school, and have more power than gin, but his stats show gin as stronger.
    It was only said that Daishaarin is a more dangerous move than 108th Hadokyuu, there was no direct power comparison.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the stamina rating and the associated text, it's clearly implied that some players consume less stamina as a function of their superior skill. That stamina rating is most likely say if you put all these guys in a marathon who would last the longest. Although Irie has a low stamina, he's clearly just messing around while playing Atobe since he's just that much better so he doesn't need to use very much stamina at all.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokugawa wanting a little brother is so precious lmao. I also think some stats are being hidden, still don't know if these account for Auras and stuff right?
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had always assumed Irie tricked everyone with his stamina, just by the way he plays.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    still don't know if these account for Auras and stuff right?
    They don't.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Credits go to tenimuhou's page on tumblr: tenimuhou.tumblr.com iirc

Basically a conversation of how Tezuka's getting on. Apparently.

Spoiler show

11. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, that was amazing. Ties into the story as well. I figured Atobe would brag about having an international cell phone and that's the reason tezuka contacted him.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

What Niou say does kind of make sense, though. Booking same day flight should be insanely expensive and impossible.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What Niou say does kind of make sense, though. Booking same day flight should be insanely expensive and impossible.
    Ah, it's not really. It'll be more, but not out of the realm of possibility. When I was flying from Germany to London, I was considering taking a same day flight, but it wasn't worth the extra 100 pounds or so, so I booked one a few days ahead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally book my flight about 3-6 months in advance, so I wouldn't know about that. I heard from a few of my friends complaining how expensive it was, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally book my flight about 3-6 months in advance, so I wouldn't know about that. I heard from a few of my friends complaining how expensive it was, though.
    If I'm going somewhere or taking a vacation, I'll always book months in advance because it's much cheaper, but it's not as if it's unfeasible to book on short notice. Plenty of people do all the time. A businessman needs to talk an unexpected trip, you know, the like.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Retcon incoming. Remember the matches between the 11-20 and the 2nd String HSers? Konomi changed those a bit in the fanbook:

Spoiler show

Takei is the obvious change here, he faced Mitsuya in the original release. It's unclear whether the position of any of the generic HSers was changed.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Mental - 6: If he views you as a lower rank, he'll place a handicap on himself. As such, he generally overestimates his own abilities. However, should he get to be at a disadvatange, he is able to correspond appropriately.
    Of all the stupid explanations Konomi gave, this is probably the worst.'

"Instead of winning the match like a person with normal mental would do, he gives his opponent a handicap... that's why his mental is awesome". WAT. WTF Konomi. The guy lost his match because he was a cocky dumbass and you give him props because he gave Yukimura a handicap? :/

I like Tokugawa a bit more now to be honest (I don't like him being a better Shiraishi though)... hey, who knows, we might see a Tokugawa vs Ryoga, and Ryoma will play against Byoudouin (like I've been saying for months u.u)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Kaoz, I always wondered, the order of the players in the list against the 1st string means something? Imo it was just random
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

New Reply
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast