Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Fanbook Volume 10.5

Well, all of them also got accept into the camp early, too. Mouri will probably be a big player in 2 years time. But no one beside the 50-ish MS was accept into the camp before their HS year, so we should also take those into consideration.

Echizen and Kintarou are clearly the one with the biggest potential with their high base stats even if they are only 1st year right now. In the long run, like, say, 10 years or something, they'll probably be the two strongest players, if they continue to play tennis.

Of course, Tezuka is confirm to win Grand Slam, so, umm.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Well, all of them also got accept into the camp early, too. Mouri will probably be a big player in 2 years time. But no one beside the 50-ish MS was accept into the camp before their HS year, so we should also take those into consideration.

Echizen and Kintarou are clearly the one with the biggest potential with their high base stats even if they are only 1st year right now. In the long run, like, say, 10 years or something, they'll probably be the two strongest players, if they continue to play tennis.

Of course, Tezuka is confirm to win Grand Slam, so, umm.
    Echizen and Kintarou have the most potential for sure, but players like Sanada, Yukimura, Tezuka, Atobe, and probably Akutsu too all have the skills to keep up with them, but echizen and kintarou will probably always be the best for their age, and definitely U-17's top two in 5 years

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they do, but because they are 2 years older. But the thing is that Echizen and Kintarou are the one that's keeping up with those monsters right now, even though those monsters are 2 years older than them. Improvement due to age is not going to last forever. Once the improvement to age for those monster players stop, chances are Echizen and Kintarou will continue to improve for 2 more years. All I'm saying that once all is said and done, Echizen and Kintarou, as of now from what we saw, are the one that have the most possibility of becoming a strongest. Kintarou can already keep up his serve game against PoP Oni that's 5 years older than him when he's only a 1st year MS. Imagine where he'll be at 3rd year HS, and that's the real scary part.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Well, they do, but because they are 2 years older. But the thing is that Echizen and Kintarou are the one that's keeping up with those monsters right now, even though those monsters are 2 years older than them. Improvement due to age is not going to last forever. Once the improvement to age for those monster players stop, chances are Echizen and Kintarou will continue to improve for 2 more years. All I'm saying that once all is said and done, Echizen and Kintarou, as of now from what we saw, are the one that have the most possibility of becoming a strongest. Kintarou can already keep up his serve game against PoP Oni that's 5 years older than him when he's only a 1st year MS. Imagine where he'll be at 3rd year HS, and that's the real scary part.
    Ryoma and Kintarou are strong, but the main reason for Ryoma's strength (I'm using him because we know more of his past than Kintarou's) is that he has faced many strong national level opponents, because he played Tezuka, Atobe, Sanada, Yukimura, and Tokugawa at the U 17 camp, if Ryoma had never played any of them, he wouldn't be anywhere near where he is now

from what we know, Tezuka, Atobe, Sanada, and Yukimura were all beasts when they were younger, but they never really played each other much in tournaments(Sanada and Yukimura probably played each other at Rikkai, and they were the two best players on the best team), besides the one time sanada beat atobe, sanada and tezuka never played each other till nationals, atobe and tezuka didn't play each other until the kantou tournament, if they had all played each other more, then they might have improved as fast as echizen did.

Tezuka has been the best at Seigaku for awhile, and by a lot, the same as atobe at hyoutei and yukimura from rikkai, but they never played each other until their last year of middle school, if they had played each other sooner, then they would have evolved faster

We do know that when tezuka was younger, before his injury, he had mastered one of the doors beyond muga, and he sealed it off for two years, if that injury had never happend then he might have been a much stronger player and not lost to Sanada at nationals.

Even kintarou didn't improve to his current level until he played Oni, after that first match, he trained for a rematch and ended up gaining ten ball tech, and during the rematch he gained the final muga door, but it's all because he played someone strong

Now that all the third years are playing high caliber players, they can start improving rapidly as well, I still agree that Ryoma and Echizen will probably end up being stronger in their third year of middle school than any of the current third years are, but I think that as long as guys like atobe and sanada continue to play strong players, they will advance as much as echizen and kintarou

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well hopefully my computer issues are fixed now...if not, then they will by the end of this weekend...

That said, I'll have Sanada and Kintarou done this weekend (since this last week or so has been a combo on graphic card failures and time being consumed by Pokemon X >.>)

And to the results of the Poll,

The Next set of Profiles after Sanada and Kintarou will be:
    Tezuka Kunimitsu
    Yukimura Seiichi
    Rest of the 1st String
    Akutsu Jin
    Marui Bunta
    Zaizen Hikaru

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaizen? I suppose there is some mystery behind him.

Also, you play pokemon, Sai? What's your starter? Lol.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura, I hope his profile mentions something about the extent of his new yips

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Computer is fixed for real now (after spending all day saturday moving it to a new case and replacing my video card...and the hours of reinstalling everything). So I can actually translate again without the monitor going on the fritz. As such, here is Sanada:

Sanada Gen'ichirou
    As the invincible absolute kings, he is the solitary emperor that reigns over Rikkai upholding its foundation. His mind and body is completely that of a warrior.

Supplemental Info:
    - The day he lost ot Yukimura, he doubled his training
    - Of the regulars in the eating yakiniku, he's can eat the most after Marui.

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 68kg
    Handedness: Right
    Shoe Size: 27.5cm
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 2.0 Left: 2.0
    Special Techniques: Muga no Kyouchi - FuuRinKaInZanRai
    Playstyle: All Rounder
    Shoes: Yonex POwer Cushion 21
    Racket: Babolat VS Drive

School (Year, Class, Number): Rikkai Dai Fuzoku Middle School (3rd Year Class A No. 10)
    Birthday: 5/21 (Taurus)
    Blood Type: Type A
    Hobbies: Muscle Training - Shougi - Calligraphy
    Family Members: Father - Mother - Older Brother
    Position in Club: Vice Captain
    Committee: President of the Public Morals Committee
    Favorite Color: Black - Grey
    Favorite Food: Nameko Mushroom Miso Soup - Meat
    Thing he wants most: A Vase he found at an antique shop
    Thing you're bad at: Travelling
    Specialty outside of tennis: Iai - Kendou
    (TN: Iai is the art of drawing your sword, cutting the opponent and sheathing it afterwards)

Stats:

Speed - 4: Disregaridng his activation of 'Rai' or 'Fuu', he has a suitable speed. His speed when he activates his techniques is beyond comprehension.

Power - 5: The source of his Middle Schooler surpassing Power is from a ton of regular training by practicing his swing until tedium.

Stamina - 4: Whether is a short match or a long match, he can battle with a nonchalant air about him. However, using his ultimate techniques or maintaining a Muga state requires a considerable amount of stamina.

Mental - 5: His concentration that has been forged through Iai and Zen meditation is difficult for even National level opponents to be on par with. The strictness he has towards himself is also much more than others.

Technique - 5: He has a great number of sure kill techniques, but this is not only due to natural talent, but mostly because of the huge amount of effort he puts into them.

Kurobe Memo:
    He's absolutely the ideal kind of player. But, I do not like how his physical ability far exceeds his mental will power too much. Well, the fact that he has powers that transcend reason is quite a big deal.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Yukimura, I hope his profile mentions something about the extent of his new yips
    The only thing specific that is mentioned is that is that his skills have evolved to send his opponents into a dream. Just a small blurb with a screen shot of when he did it to Fuwa. Nothing in the actual stats that I saw when I skimmed.
    Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; October 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the translations. I'm almost positive that what Yukimura does to his opponents now on the regular is similar to what he did to Ryoma during their match; Ryoma had visions of when he first started playing tennis. Yukimura just probably imposes a "nightmare" onto his opponents now so that TnK doesn't burst forth from their despair.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada seems pretty solid in his stats, I want to see his black aura vs Yuki's nap time(cute name for his new tech/ability)

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Tooyama Kintarou
    The super rookie of the west who is obsessed with Echizen of the East. Even though his body is small, he has physical abilities abnormal to reason.

Supplemental Info:
    -During the Summer Festival, he didn't put any Octopus in his Takoyaki because he treated some depressed people in the neighborhood to it instead.
    -He can tell if you're the kind of person who will share food or not based on how you smell

Height: 151cm
    Weight: 52kg
    Handedness: Right
    Shoe Size: 26.0cm
    Eyesight (Unaided): Right: 3.6 Left: 3.6
    Special Techniques: Super Ultra Great Delicious Daisharin Yama Arashi - Super Megaton Wonder Deluxe Yama Funka Serve
    Playstyle: All Rounder
    Shoes: adidas Barricade 3
    Racket: An Antique Wood Racket

School (Year, Class, Number): Shitenhouji Middle School (1st Year Class 4 No. 20)
    Birthday: 4/1 (Aries)
    Blood Type: Type B
    Hobbies: Reading Manga
    Family Members: Father - Mother - Dog
    Committee: Athletic Festival Planning Committee
    Favorite Color: Gold - Orange - Purple
    Favorite Food: Takoyaki
    Thing he wants most: Enough Takoyaki for 100 people
    Thing you're bad at: Studying
    Specialty outside of tennis: Eating Quickly

Stats:

Speed - 4: With incredible agility, he is like a nimble monkey with his movements. He has the running ability to chase down motocycles and busses.

Power - 5: You have to see it to believe the super human level of power he posesses. He uses his entire body to bring out the absolute limits of his power.

Stamina - 5: He ran without any hesitation from Shin-Fuji all the way to Tokyo. He has absolute faith in his stamina. Also, he thinks that this is normal to do.

Mental - 4: He has feelings to want to battle even more powerful opponents. Also, he has a bizarely strong desire not to want to lose. As it is, he's a mass of potential.

Technique - 4: He the type that will master delicate techniques on his own in the middle of a match.

Kurobe Memo:
    Even though he's completely unrefined, there are not many athletes I can feel this level of potential from. The day feelings and power defeat technique and skill may possibly come.

14. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like all the uber players have stats basically preaching how perfect they are. I'll wait until guys like Akutsu and Zaizen show up.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realise he was born in April's fools... how fitting
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the most important thing to note is Kintarou's vision. While a lot oft he top players have 2.0 vision which is the standard for 'better than perfect', Kintarou's vision is even better than that. 2.0 vision translates to 20/10 vision which means that at 20ft you can see a level of detail that most people can only see at 10 feet away. For Kintarou, he has 20/5.5 vision. which means at 20 feet away, he sees a level of detail normal people 5 and a half feet away see.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of surprised Kintarou is listed as an All rounder....i always pegged him as an aggressive baseliner.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

New Reply
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast