Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Kabuto's ET Hack and Madara's Youth

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto's ET Hack and Madara's Youth

• Kabuto painstakingly finds Madara's corpse, uses it's DNA to ET him.
    • Discovers a useless, wrinkled old prune that just won't do for combat.
    • Studies his body anyways (...) and learns about his Hashirama cells/maybe even Rinnegan.
    • Discards the old ET and begins researching every miniscule thing about Madara.
    • Somehow somewhere, Kabuto finds a sample of his DNA from when he was younger, maybe a hair in a tree at VotE. Don't look at me like that, Kishi gave Sasuke the answer to DDS by having Juugo punch a wall. He loves that shit. Maybe Madara had a lover who kept a lock of his luscious hair from when he was in his 20's.
    • After much trial and error, he summons a young Madara and replicates the changes Madara made to his own body in older age. Kabuto outright states that he had many failures. I'd think he was talking about Madara's special ET since the basic ET is so pathetically simple.

Or since implants can become part of your soul (like your favorite outfit), it's not too much of a stretch to believe that even being summoned as a younger version with different DNA, he still had Mokuton/Rinnegan/H-cells because they became bound to his soul before death, like Kin/Gin's bijuu chakra, Hanzou's poison sac, etc.

TLDR; ET's rule about the summoned being as they were at the time of death is only a rule because the users of ET almost always use DNA off the corpse, which would have 'died' when the person died. Nobody ever considered finding DNA from a different point in the person's life before Kabuto.

I hope.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chibistar6's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kabuto's ET Hack and Madara's Youth

One major hole in this though - DNA doesn't change at all throughout a person's life, you have the same (minus mutations here and there due to random errors) DNA throughout your entire life. The genetic code is always the same, it's the gene expression that changes over time. Aging is a process that doesn't impact your coding DNA, look up telomeres if you want to learn more.

So even if Kabuto found old wrinkly Madara's DNA, that was more than enough for him to revive Madara in his prime. Same goes for DNA taken off any corpse. DNA is DNA, it doesn't change a significant amount as you age.
    Last edited by chibistar6; September 07, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was probably adding Hash-brown's DNA that allowed Kabuto to summon a younger Madara.
    I don't think it has to be that complex.

Naruto magic!

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post
    One major hole in this though - DNA doesn't change at all throughout a person's life, you have the same (minus mutations here and there due to random errors) DNA throughout your entire life. The genetic code is always the same, it's the gene expression that changes over time. Aging is a process that doesn't impact your coding DNA, look up telomeres if you want to learn more.

So even if Kabuto found old wrinkly Madara's DNA, that was more than enough for him to revive Madara in his prime. Same goes for DNA taken off any corpse. DNA is DNA, it doesn't change a significant amount as you age.

I guess the laws of Biology do not apply in the Naruto-World.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    And definitly not with whatever the hell Kabuto does. He summoned the 3 sound trio from his body and he had a snake comming out of his belly button.. I dont see any normal biology there

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

In Dragon Ball you get someone's memories with DNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    It was probably adding Hash-brown's DNA that allowed Kabuto to summon a younger Madara.
    I don't think it has to be that complex.

Naruto magic!
    But it didn't involve sealing! How can it be called magic?!

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Kabuto put what looked like Suigetsu, Juugo, Karin, and Orochimaru's blood into a big fucking blender and pressed "ON" while hooked up to it with an IV. It's safe to say that science is pretty damn soft in this universe.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Definitely a good point (that I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of), but I'm theorizing according to in-universe logic. Look at my nearby reply about Kabuto's insane upgrades for my feelings on sci-fi in Naruto. That, and if smearing a guy's blood into your gaping wound makes his face grow on your chest and grants you his amazing special powers, I'm willing to bend it for this.

Don't know why I just thought of it, but you should watch Betterman. Good stuff for people who like wacky science.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    And definitly not with whatever the hell Kabuto does. He summoned the 3 sound trio from his body and he had a snake comming out of his belly button.. I dont see any normal biology there
    Well, the Sound trio thing was from filler... so it's not canon. Not like it matters though, everything else about Kabuto's upgrades is probably the most biologically unbelievable stuff in the story.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oof, right in the science. alright, yeah, science is a liiittle kooky in this series, especially anytime Orochimaru has anything to do with it. but I refuse to believe that basic laws can't apply :x
    here's my vain attempt at defending the laws of science in the Narutoverse: gene splicing. anything and everything that's cray (and that doesn't involve chakra) about Narutoverse science is all cuz of gene splicing. Madara's Harshirama-face plastic surgery, Kabuto popping the Sound4 outta his chest, etcetc, it's all because they went through the trouble of splicing the specific genes that gave the poor victim their abilities into themselves. and then some funky other science-y business to have access to those powers at will. like upregulating that specific protein expression maybe (curse seal, anyone?), and making the ability more accessible via chakra activation.....no magic. none. I refuse to believe it's magic

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner See Mohn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ DOCTOR SNAKES HAS SPOKEN

no seriously trying to apply science to a series that had Orochimaru stealing faces as far back as chapter fifty or so is a no go.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by See Mohn View Post
    Dr. Snakes knows his shit. He did a lot of research, remember?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oof, right in the science. alright, yeah, science is a liiittle kooky in this series, especially anytime Orochimaru has anything to do with it. but I refuse to believe that basic laws can't apply :x
    here's my vain attempt at defending the laws of science in the Narutoverse: gene splicing. anything and everything that's cray (and that doesn't involve chakra) about Narutoverse science is all cuz of gene splicing. Madara's Harshirama-face plastic surgery, Kabuto popping the Sound4 outta his chest, etcetc, it's all because they went through the trouble of splicing the specific genes that gave the poor victim their abilities into themselves. and then some funky other science-y business to have access to those powers at will. like upregulating that specific protein expression maybe (curse seal, anyone?), and making the ability more accessible via chakra activation.....no magic. none. I refuse to believe it's magic
    Dude the entire nature of bloodline limits is wacky. Especially the Sage's branches. Madara can summon meteor(s!)- explain that with your precious science xD And no, sealing is the other genuinely magical magic. Genjutsu is pretty far up there too, but at least it has exploitable weaknesses.

Not as ridiculous as the most basic of abilities like Kawarimi no jutsu and Henge no jutsu.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by See Mohn View Post

no seriously trying to apply science to a series that had Orochimaru stealing faces as far back as chapter fifty or so is a no go.
    To be fair, you can physically steal a guy's face and wear it. It's not entirely unheard of IRL.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

In case of a mutation (not by birth but on a later stage of life) DNA will be changed ,
    IN case of Madara If you get the DNA of Madara before the fight of VOTE and After the fight (Presumably Injecting power of Hashirama)
    Both DNAs will be different...(I think so )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

In conclusion, Kabutos a freak. His penis is probably a corn snake at this point. Haha well not anymore since Orochimaru stole everything.

And just a question, does Orochimaru posses the ability of sage mode?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    To be fair, you can physically steal a guy's face and wear it. It's not entirely unheard of IRL.
    Like Fantomas!
    Spoiler show
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Guess you have seen the sequence when Spartacus was fighting in mines against the dude who use to take off the face of his victims and wear those in his next fight

New Reply