Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub 220 Discussion/ 221 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 220 Discussion/ 221 Predictions

I don't think the assassin is Athrun, their personalities are too different and their choice of weapons is different too. Because Athrun use the same method of escape as the assassin that could mean that Athrun also works for the Solomon Company and maybe the light haired guy too, Athrun was also send to collect some royal treasure just like the company is collecting demons and the Iris portrait. In the end the Demon World arc might had been the first glimpse we got of the Solomon Company.
    please click on them to help them grow.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I'm not sure if they'll all fight against Fuji...but Oga has definitely gained some frenemies now.

Man, I was all revved up for Hilda returning...it looks like she'll return next chapter. I was really surprised Akahoshi and Ichikawa were both demon contractors, that's something I don't think any of us were expecting.

And I'm just going to say it: I think Mr. Androgynous guy is Athrun. We never saw his face, right? And the only other person who would be able to make the connection is Furuichi, who is currently in limbo. However, wasn't Athrun a demon? Unless he was also a human trasspassing into the demon world like Oga and Furuichi. Either way, I can't imagine why else Tamura would draw the same transportation bead if we weren't meant to have that revelation.

As for my predictions next chapter...I think the Angels and the Saints (wow,...that's quite the pun you've got going there, Tamura) will have a temporary truce. And because Takamiya and Lucifer were almost killed, they'll agree to help Furuichi come back to life. Damn is fast approaching, but I'm confident they'll have time to save him. Most probably the reason dawn is approaching is to add to the tension of whether or not Furuichi will survive.

I think this chapter was a great way to end a slightly prolonged arc. I have a feeling the story is going to take a light break after this. As much as I'd love for a couple of chapters focusing on just Furuichi and Hilda, I have a feeling we might get some kind of training arc with everyone. Hilda being a demon makes her the perfect instructor, don't you think? :P

You shouldn't be worried, I'm sure Akahoshi and Ichikawa aren't nearly as powerful as other people are. Though Tobako was really efficient in using Koma...

And yes, of course Fuji will lose to Oga. Because he's the hero and Fuji is his opponent. I'm not sure why this is disappointing?
    yes i meant oga will beat fuji but well thats not a disappointing at all because the true enemy (the demons) are still lurk in the shadow and thats where the excitement begin. but it'll be nice if oga vs fuji end in one or two chapter as usual (like where oga beats toujo, naga, jabberwock, aiba) not a long wasting chapter like oga beat taka this time, and anyway even if a long arc like this there still some fight that happen off-panel and thats what a waste to long arc like this.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    I don't think the assassin is Athrun, their personalities are too different and their choice of weapons is different too. Because Athrun use the same method of escape as the assassin that could mean that Athrun also works for the Solomon Company and maybe the light haired guy too, Athrun was also send to collect some royal treasure just like the company is collecting demons and the Iris portrait. In the end the Demon World arc might had been the first glimpse we got of the Solomon Company.
    All we know is that Athrun's boss said he'd meet Oga in the human world soon enough. The treasures he was asked to collect could very well have been a code name for demons...though you have a point on Athrun's and the Reaper's styles. I always imagined Athrun being a bit more serious? But this guy seems playful. And I definitely agree about the Solomon Company first being introduced in the Demon World arc.

Also...this is just a theory but wouldn't it be interesting if Athrun's boss was Lucifer's dad? He had light-colored wavy hair, just like her.

Quote Originally Posted by rampeg View Post
    yes i meant oga will beat fuji but well thats not a disappointing at all because the true enemy (the demons) are still lurk in the shadow and thats where the excitement begin. but it'll be nice if oga vs fuji end in one or two chapter as usual (like where oga beats toujo, naga, jabberwock, aiba) not a long wasting chapter like oga beat taka this time, and anyway even if a long arc like this there still some fight that happen off-panel and thats what a waste to long arc like this.
    Hm...I'm not sure if the author will go down humans vs. demons again. I just can't see it, unless the Demon Lord gets serious and demands Baby Beel back, for example.

I agree on the arc though. As much as I loved most of it, the lack of enthusiasm on the forum confirms that it dragged on for too long. Its a shame really, but now that its over I'm sure we'll get a break, somehow.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the last chapters seem to build up the plot. It seems that Oga will lead a coalition on order to face Solomon Company. And it seems that most of these contractors will side up with Oga. Maybe the likes of Saint Ishiyama guys will also fight by his side, but that's just a wild guess, but still.

It seems that the upcoming chapters will focus on turning Furuichi back to life and also on some talk on the situation with everyone and Hilda when she comes back.

Also I hope we are going to get some new training for Oga and his crew, since all of them have to learn how to use demon powers properly in order to become more useful in the upcoming fights, since now they have a damn huge boost due to accepting Oga as their leader.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Also I hope we are going to get some new training for Oga and his crew, since all of them have to learn how to use demon powers properly in order to become more useful in the upcoming fights, since now they have a damn huge boost due to accepting Oga as their leader.
    i don't think that necessary, coz a lot of fight conclude with fist to fist street fighting style, like oga beat toujo, jabberwock, aiba (except that he finish koma with his blast), etc and this time with taka. so i doubt we will get more flashy fight with "human".and as for his crew the fight always happen off panel or suddenly win/lose so that seems pointless if they have to "leveling up" again. as you can remember with Akuma High Arc lol.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ But Tamura has had training arcs before, just he's never actually shown them training. When Oga and Aoi went to train the first time, Furuichi and Ishiyama ended up playing video games and bonding. The second time everyone trained, we got to see Oga's new teacher getting drunk and Furuichi running away from everything.

I agree that Beelzebub likes to stick to good ol' fight-fights, but the characters do get to train when they feel the need to. It would be a great plot device to allow some breathing time from this to the next big thing.

Hm, considering there's a high possibility Furuichi will be revived this week, does anyone have any theories on what could happen to him? Here are some of my theories:

1) Everything remains status quo. Furuichi gets revived, everyone's happy, but nothing changes. Furuichi's power level stays the same, even though people consider him Oga's partner. I think this is a disappointing outcome considering where the manga has reached but its a possibility if Tamura doesn't want to rock the boat.

2) Furuichi and Hilda contract. Ok, this is definitely a long shot, and I doubt Tamura would go for this...but I think this would make a lot of sense now that Hilda's been MIA for 20 chapters. See, out of everyone in the cast, Hilda and Furuichi are the only ones who haven't gotten a concrete power-up. Hilda has her secret eye, and Furuichi has his tissues, but they aren't really reliable like a contract is. Hilda's eye didn't stop her getting stabbed from Hecadoth and getting kidnapped, nor did Furuichi's tissues help him against Takamiya. If they contract, they both reap the benefits. Plus, Hilda said so herself, that when she is unable to help Oga and Beel, she wants Furuichi do to so in her stead.

3) There's a reason Furuichi is special and that is because *plot twist*. The author could do it like this, that Furuichi has an innate worthiness that is equal to Oga's contract with Beel. Maybe he has demon ancestry (Lucifer has gray hair and gray eyes just like him), maybe he has the potential to be a great contractor (hence Behemoth's comment). I think this is a difficult route to go mainly because it could easily push Furuichi into Gary Stu territory.

Thoughts?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

i think that #3 will be make beelzebub more exciting and behemoth comment when furuichi use the tissue still remain mystery too, but considering how random tamura is, most likely will happen is #1, even though his power still same but if he lucky enough when he use the tissue jabber/behemoth pop-out again it'll be no joke

i hope this week chapter we will see more furuichi, mob-ichi pervert-ichi, trash-ichi, lolicon-ichi

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ILikeSleeping's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    ^
    I agree, the most likely outcome will probably be #1. But I feel like it could be a combo of 1 and 3. Like, Furuichi wakes up and seems all normal and such, but some demonically aware character makes some comment about something having changed in him. He receives no visible power-ups whatsoever but is foreshadowed to be pointing in that direction. Basically, more build-up

But #2 could be cool if that were to happen.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2