Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shichibukai Bounties

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Shichibukai Bounties

Hi,

I had been thinking about what bounties the Shichibukai (past and present) would have should their titles be revoked. Taking into account: Their threat level to WG and the strength of the individual. What do you think of this list?

BlackBeard; $750,000,000
    He is in contention of One Piece which means he is bound to cross paths with the WG. However, he has the strongest paramecia and Logia Df which means he is unofficially the World's Strongest man. He also broke out the strongest Impel Down prisoners and assimilated them into his crew.
    This are his only accomplishments to date so I think that for now this bounty is in the right range for him.

Dracule Mihawk; $685,000,000 - $700,000,000
    He comes second as he holds the title of WGS. On the few occasions he has fought he has shown that he is on a completely different level. He has connections to Shanks (Yonko) and should he roam free he might prove to be a great adversary to the WG.

Doflamingo; $675,000,000
    DD is quite formidable as he possess all forms of Haki and his DF is not mediocre. He is the leader of the underground where he partictipates in slavery, production and distribution of weapons of mass destruction.
    He must have allies with various criminal organisation he has dealings with.

Bartholomeow Kuma; $600,000,000
    He was a revolutionary who had worked in the inner circles alongside Dragon. That easily places his bounty above half a million. His DF ability also ranks among the top tier moves. However, Pre TS he had been turned into a Pacifista so I am not sure if he still has control over his ability any more.

Boa Hancock; $580,000,000
    She is the leader of an all female warrior tribe. She possesses haki (KH and HH), her beauty and DF ability complement each other. Her fighting ability was also superb as she easily took on Smoker. I only ranked her lower as I feel all the pirates above her are stronger.

Jinbe; $555,000,000
    Quite active in his younger days as a Sun's pirate. His fishman Karate style is strong as he has demonstrated at ID and MF. He is also a member of the Straw Hats who the WG has their sights on.

Trafalgar Law; $475,000,000 - $500,000,000
    IMO the Supernovas bounties should not cross over 500 million before the Kaido arc. Therefore Im going to say he's bounty is between this range.

Crocodile; $400,000,000
    His attempt to conquer Arabasta, escape from Impel Down (Lvl.6) and participation in MF war means that his bounty is well over half its initial amount. We have no confirmation if he has haki but I will assume so as he had been to the NW before. His logia DF was not that bad as well.
    In Alabastra he was actively searching for the Ancient weapons which is bound to raise some alarms.

Gecko Moriah; $345,000,000
    He was surprisingly weak despite having an advantageous fruit. He would be no threat to any top tier fighters.

Buggy; $ 250,000,000
    A former member of the Roger Pirates whose members are all legends (Shanks, Rayleigh, Scopper) He also the leads a group of Impel down escapees. However, this is the only threat he possess as he is weak.
    Last edited by Deus Machina; September 14, 2013 at 04:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shichibukai Bounties

I'd put mihawk at 750.000.000 aswell since hes a more powerfull swordsman then shanks

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuma still has control over his ability, but he's the WG's PX-0 now. he'll never disobey them and he's no longer a threat, he's a weapon.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Mihawk's bounty is so large. He's all alone, he isn't one to make much problems for the Marines.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    I doubt Mihawk's bounty is so large. He's all alone, he isn't one to make much problems for the Marines.
    His bounty is due to speculation from the WG/Marines. They know that he has ties with Red Haired who is a Yonko, who is most likely going to move and try and stop the marines should they arrest him. That plus the fact that of all the swordsmen we have seen in the marines nonw seem to on his level. (I love Momonga and all but.)

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If mihawk wasnt a warlord, he might go around killing off admirals out of boredom.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    If mihawk wasnt a warlord, he might go around killing off admirals out of boredom.
    Maybe a bit extreme.
    In case you didn't notice, WB couldn't actually "kill off" Akainu.
    Akainu hired his own friends as new Admirals so they have to be at his level at the minimum.
    I strongly doubt Mihwak can "kill off Aokiji or Kizaru".

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Kizaru couldn't even defeat old rayleigh that didnt use a sword for years, in a swordbattle, let alone stay alive against mihawk lol.
    Sure admirals would be able to last a short time, but i doubt they can win against a healthy mihawk in his prime.
    Last edited by DutchPhoenix; September 16, 2013 at 04:17 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Mihawk is strong, but I seriously doubt he can win against a serious Admiral in a fight. The same Kizaru was playing around during the whole War and was still practically untouched. The same thing goes for Ao Kiji. So even though it wouldn't be an easy fight, but I don't see why either of them won't win against Mihawk in one on one.

And about Rayleigh... Well, Kizaru was obviously playing and only limited his power to a sword fight and didn't use any AoE attacks. His actual purpose was not to fight Rayleigh, but to get Luffy and his crew in order for them to atone for their sin of attacking Tenryubito.

About the list of bounties... I agree for the most part. Even though I would put Jimbei's bounty a bit lower.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Of course Mihawk is strong, but I seriously doubt he can win against a serious Admiral in a fight. The same Kizaru was playing around during the whole War and was still practically untouched. The same thing goes for Ao Kiji. So even though it wouldn't be an easy fight, but I don't see why either of them won't win against Mihawk in one on one.

And about Rayleigh... Well, Kizaru was obviously playing and only limited his power to a sword fight and didn't use any AoE attacks. His actual purpose was not to fight Rayleigh, but to get Luffy and his crew in order for them to atone for their sin of attacking Tenryubito.

About the list of bounties... I agree for the most part. Even though I would put Jimbei's bounty a bit lower.
    Mihawk is at the same level than Shanks. Who was on the same level than Whitebeard, who was stronger than the admirals.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's just an assumption. what we've seen from Mihawk wasn't anything special. Vista managed to stall him quite comfortably and Mihawk couldn't even damage Joz, when Joz tanked his enormous slice that was directed to WB.

Also, I don't think that Shanks and WB are at the same level. No matter how much I like Shanks WB should be stronger than him. Especially when we remember that even though he was ill and wounded he was still able to take not only one Admiral, but multiple Admirals at the same time. I doubt any other person would be able to do the same. Except for maybe Roger.

Thus I can't see how Mihawk is at the same league as Shanks or WB or Admirals. At least until he shows a bit more on screen.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think having Haki or a DF is an indicator of how much bounty one has since you can't tell who has what by their appearance. Other than their combat abilities, I would say that political connections are just as important, and for that reason I think Kuma who has/has had ties to the Revolutionary Army would have the highest bounties out of the Shichibukais past and present.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I doubt WG knows that Kuma has connections with RA.
    It seems that Vegapunk might know about it, but I don't think he revealed anything to his contractors.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Thus I can't see how Mihawk is at the same league as Shanks or WB or Admirals. At least until he shows a bit more on screen.
    except that a regular slash cut through a icewall size of the marineford Island like it was made from butter.
    and that mihawk is a more powerfull swordman then shanks

you underestimate mihawks power too much, or you overestimate shanks, wich one is it?

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if we compare what AoE damage can make any of the pre-timeskip Admirals, then it doesn't show much

About Mihawk and Shanks... I wouldn't say that I underestimate or overestimate any of these two. Even though I like both of them, but going by fits I can't see why Mihawk should be stronger than the same Marko who seemed to be the second strongest in WB crew and was comparable to an Admiral.
    The same Vista managed to quite comfortably stall Mihawk. Of course we might say that Mihawk wasn't serious, but until we really see how strong he is we can't judge his real power. Still I can't see how he can be as strong as an Admiral.

Also about his fighting sessions with Shanks. Shanks isn't only about a sword skill. He has an enormous Haki. Such an enormous Haki that even managed to scare Akainu to some degree, so it's very difficult to compare Shanks to Mihawk.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast