Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shichibukai Bounties

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shichibukai Bounties

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Shanks isn't only about a sword skill. He has an enormous Haki.
    lets see.

1. Shanks pirate flag contains sword. - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Hair_Pirates
    2. shanks is seen Always wearing a sword.
    3. Even in the One piece games shanks is a swordsman.
    4. Shanks clashed with WB with a sword
    Shanks clashed with akainu with a sword.
    5.Since Mihawk is classified as the world's greatest swordsman, and Shanks is a former rival of his, it can be assumed that Shanks is an extremely proficient swordsman.

6. Seriously what other fighting styles do you expect from shanks, he didnt eat a devil fruit, has shown on all occasions to be a swordman, yet fanboys think he might be a boxer / brawler like luffy, with 1 arm lol.

7. haki explained by rayleigh
    Haki is separated into three categories, or "colors": Kenbunshoku Haki, which grants users a sixth sense of the world around them and limited precognitive abilities Busoshoku Haki, which allows the user to use their spirit as armor to defend against attacks or to make their own attacks more potent; and Haoshoku Haki, a rare type of Haki only one in a million can use which grants the user the ability to overpower the will of others(make them faint).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Where should we start first...as I did in another topic, let's start with Mihawk.

Mihawk would not slaughter each the Admirals. That'd be absurd to a incredible degree. Mihawk is most likely just as strong as the Admirals, similar to Marco, Doffy, and a some others. I don't think Kizaru's performance against Rayleigh is an indication on how weak he was(Kizaru), it was to show how freaking strong Rayleigh was. He was the second-in-command of the Pirate King, he's most likely near the top when it comes to the strongest people in the world. But even though that is the case, Rayleigh still had his hands full with Kizaru, which shows that Kizaru is no slouch either. But apparently since Old Rayleigh=Kizaru that means Mihawk>All Admirals...wut?

I'm of the belief that Shanks and Mihawk are around the same level, however, I'm sure both were still weaker than Whitebeard. Dude didn't even flinch when he saw the Strongest Slash come towards him. Whitebeard's title wasn't just for shits and giggles. He was The Strongest Man in the World and he showed it. But at the same time, he was old and dying, which is rather impressive seeing as he still fought 3 Admirals and managed to fight most of them to a standstill, even taking one out for a short while.

We saw Mihawk cut a glacier in half, woop-de-do, we saw Akainu melt half an island and we saw Kuzan freeze the other half.

Continuing with Shanks, all we have to go on is that he is a swordsman, he was Mihawk's former rival, he is a Yonkou, and losing his arm didn't weaken him in any way. I'm of the belief that since Mihawk is a prideful swordsman, he stopped pursuing Shanks because he thought there would be no honor in battling a one armed man.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If mihawk had a bounty reflecting his strength I would think he'd be well above at least the 600 mil mark. Hear me out here. Ace was not that big a deal and he was not even a match for akainu at large and he was worth 550 mil. Well, we was strong but like luffy today he was still far from the top of the world at large. Chinjao seems to have been fairly relevant back in the day but he still seemed somewhat lacking and garp had a relatively easy victory over him and he still had 550 mil. Doflamingo does not have an updated bounty however even before he was worth 340 mil... He is still apparently well stronger than law though. I wouldn't put it past him to be actually capable of fighting an admiral on even terms. Ace being worth 550 mil should also be suggestive of how much marco or jozu should be worth considering they are people with decades worth of pirating over their heads. Either of them hitting the 600 mil mark would not be weird at all. In my eyes mihawk has always been equal to shanks in terms of power and a match for an admiral at least. Mihawk is still zoro's goal, for this to be relevant in the future the guy has to be an absolute beast.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If mihawk had a bounty reflecting his strength I would think he'd be well above at least the 600 mil mark. Hear me out here. Ace was not that big a deal and he was not even a match for akainu at large and he was worth 550 mil. Well, we was strong but like luffy today he was still far from the top of the world at large. Chinjao seems to have been fairly relevant back in the day but he still seemed somewhat lacking and garp had a relatively easy victory over him and he still had 550 mil. Doflamingo does not have an updated bounty however even before he was worth 340 mil... He is still apparently well stronger than law though. I wouldn't put it past him to be actually capable of fighting an admiral on even terms. Ace being worth 550 mil should also be suggestive of how much marco or jozu should be worth considering they are people with decades worth of pirating over their heads. Either of them hitting the 600 mil mark would not be weird at all. In my eyes mihawk has always been equal to shanks in terms of power and a match for an admiral at least. Mihawk is still zoro's goal, for this to be relevant in the future the guy has to be an absolute beast.
    I think Chinjao's bounty was also because of his influence and crew, not just his strength. Just like Buggy's bounty atm, he has a pretty strong crew now, but he isn't that strong himself.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Mihawk by no means is stronger than any of the admirals.

The admirals are all born and breed marines who possess Rokushiki, mastery over some form of Haki in addition to their high ranking DF.[except Fujitora].
    Were any of the admirals (past & present) to use their full range of attacks they could take him on and win.

However, Mihawk is unique in the sense that in terms of strength he ranks on a tier just below the admirals. This is enough to put him on an extremely high radar within the WG wanted list. I am sure this played a hand in recruiting him to the Shichibukai.
    I mean of all the swordsmen we have seen to date none of them can convincingly be said to win in a fight against him.

This is why I think either Zoro will get extremely strong or Shillew will get/kill Mihawk.

Mihawk could easily take on all the pirates who have had a bounty of over 500 million to date. Therefore it would be safe to assume that based on fighting skill the least his bounty would be is 500 million.

Ace was able to acquire such a bounty in three years while DCJ bounty was said to be over 500 million before he got his head smashed down.
    How long has Mihawk been at sea? As strong as he also has a friendship with one of the Yonko. Taking all this to account his bounty would be no less than 600 mill.

I gave him 700 as we have yet to see him strain himself in a fight, He always does things so casually to a devastating effect. Should he run rampant several VA or an Admiral would be deployed to deal with him

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]Mihawk by no means is stronger than any of the admirals.
    I think Mihawk (worlds strongest swordsman) is stronger then shanks (worlds second strongest swordman perhaps?) , and shanks is stronger then admirals.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    I think Mihawk (worlds strongest swordsman) is stronger then shanks (worlds second strongest swordman perhaps?) , and shanks is stronger then admirals.
    Fair enough, but where is the evidence to say he is stronger than Shanks?
    They were rivals back then.

I believe Shanks with two arms was probably slightly stronger than Mihawk since Shanks is a Yonkou.
    However, Shanks's strength doesn't come only from Sword Slashes. He has a monstrous Haki, and I think due to the fact that the same Akainu punch that put a hole through Ace, was the same punch Shanks effortlessly blocked when stopping the war, that Shanks has amongst the most monstrous Haki levels in the series.

Since Mihawk was being stalled by the likes of Vista, who is similar to Marco & Jozu and roughly skimming the Admiral tier level in strength, I doubt Mihawk is a world above the Admirals like you imply.
    No, its impossible. If Mihawk couldn't "slaughter" Kizaru.
    You're underestimating Rayleigh I believe. He's the First Mate of the most powerful crew in history. Old or young he'll kick ass.
    You're also forgetting Kizaru's life wasn't in any danger at all when he fought Rayleigh.

Also, in One Piece, looking at the ages, characters are in their prime between their late 30s to their 50s.
    ALL the strongest Marines are above the 35+ mark.
    ALL the extremely strong characters who are amongst the strongest in the series are 30s+ in age.
    (I'm not counting Luffy/Law/Kid since they are not amongst the strongest in the series)

Shanks is probably slightly stronger than the Admirals, and as a result, I can understand Mihawk being slightly stronger than the Admirals, I wouldn't be too surprised if you were right on that.
    But for you to say "kill Admirals out of boredom", that's impossible.
    Mihawk couldn't slaughter them.
    Mihawk VS Any Admiral would make for an amazingly close fight.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Fair enough, but where is the evidence to say he is stronger than Shanks?
    They were rivals back then.
    But not anymore, Mihawk is now the most powerfull swordsman in the world.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2109-...hapter-50.html

I believe Shanks with two arms was probably slightly stronger than Mihawk since Shanks is a Yonkou. .

Shanks with two arms was equal to mihawk, not stronger or weaker.

However, Shanks's strength doesn't come only from Sword Slashes. He has a monstrous Haki, and I think due to the fact that the same Akainu punch that put a hole through Ace, was the same punch Shanks effortlessly blocked when stopping the war, that Shanks has amongst the most monstrous Haki levels in the series..
    He stopped the punch with a sword right?
    Also, haki is being used to defend or powerup one's attack/defence
    Even able to put into weapons
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-56928...apter-597.html
    No doubt both mihawk and shanks are able to use haki in their swords.

Since Mihawk was being stalled by the likes of Vista, who is similar to Marco & Jozu and roughly skimming the Admiral tier level in strength, I doubt Mihawk is a world above the Admirals like you imply.
    You'd have to understand mihawks personality too
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2111-...hapter-51.html
    Mihawk isnt the type to really go 100% all out, unless he's forced to do so.

Shanks is probably slightly stronger than the Admirals, and as a result, I can understand Mihawk being slightly stronger than the Admirals, I wouldn't be too surprised if you were right on that.
    But for you to say "kill Admirals out of boredom", that's impossible.
    Mihawk couldn't slaughter them.
    Mihawk VS Any Admiral would make for an amazingly close fight.
    Shanks is above admiral level, mihawk is even above that, Yes it would be possible for both of them to kill off admirals, i didnt say it'd be easy for them though.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems like a lot of praise being heaped on Mihawk. He is undoubtedly one of the most formidable fighters in the manga, but this seems like a bit much. Mihawk attempted to determine the difference in ability between he and Whitebeard, and it was Jozu who intervened and stopped his slash, supposedly the strongest slash in the world, without much concern. I think this, if anything, showed that there was a considerable gap between the two. Beyond his title, which only would seem to measure him against those who specifically consider themselves swordsmen, we haven't seen much from Mihawk against the best. By his own accounting, he and Vista were somewhat evenly matched before their duel was interrupted. Mihawk was unmarred at the conclusion of the War at Marineford, mainly because outside of that brief skirmish with Vista, it didn't appear as though he fought anyone of note for any serious amount of time. I think it's premature to declare his superiority over the admirals, or the Yonkou for that matter. He simply hasn't shown anything on the level of Whitebeard, Akainu, or Akoiji.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    This seems like a lot of praise being heaped on Mihawk. He is undoubtedly one of the most formidable fighters in the manga, but this seems like a bit much. Mihawk attempted to determine the difference in ability between he and Whitebeard, and it was Jozu who intervened and stopped his slash, supposedly the strongest slash in the world, without much concern.
    it was just a long ranged slash from the strongest swordsman , not the strongest attack possible attack mihawk is capable off.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks is above admiral level, mihawk is even above that, Yes it would be possible for both of them to kill off admirals, i didnt say it'd be easy for them though.
    You said he might kill Admirals "out of boredom". That's how this all started.
    You could have just said you were joking, but you've defended the statement so it can't be a joke unless you're someone who enjoys trolling.
    But so far you've only laid down strong and valid arguments so I doubt thats the case.

Its been proven that the gap between those who are Yonkou level and those who are Admiral isn't big enough for Yonkou's to kill Admirals out of boredom.
    Otherwise, Yonkou's WOULD do that.
    Mihawk being Yonkou level is valid.
    However, WB couldn't even kill Akainu. He could only deliver a beating to him.

There isn't enough to suggest Yonkou level is that much above Kizaru, Akainu, Aokiji and as we'll probably soon see, Fujitora.
    I also firmly believe that Shanks's strength isn't totally down to his swordsmanship, but to the way he infuses Haki with his fighting style.
    I think there's more to Shanks's strength than just sword fighting.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it, most of the shichibukai bounties should be pretty much irrelevant anyways. Doflamingo had 340 mil however in the grand scheme of things its not actually all that much, specially if he is the captain of a crew. He is also easily fighting law and odds are he is currently well stronger than chinjao who sports a bounty of over 500 mil (although he is not as strong as he used to be). Mihawk could easily be in the same boat and sport a measly 500 mil (I would argue that for the strongest swordsman in the world even 500 mil wouldn't be too much at all). Boa had 80 mil before being a shichibukai even though right now she could easily still be well stronger than luffy (boa mastered all types of haki long before luffy even knew about haki at all and sengoku did say she was extremely powerful). BB had 0 even though he should be worth easily far more than ace who had 550 mil. I guess mihawk having formerly anywhere between 400 and 500 mil would be pretty damn impressive although all that it would entail today is that the world government recruited him not so early in his career as they did with boa.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I also firmly believe that Shanks's strength isn't totally down to his swordsmanship, but to the way he infuses Haki with his fighting style.
    I think there's more to Shanks's strength than just sword fighting.
    infuses haki to his fighting style = infuse haki into his swordmanship
    And ofc theres more to his strenght then just sword fighting, its his conquerer haki thats damn strong, big armies r useless against him.
    Also he has a powerfull crew and allies.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

it was just a long ranged slash from the strongest swordsman , not the strongest attack possible attack mihawk is capable off.
    I wasn't saying it was his greatest effort, or the strongest attack he could muster. However, if he's using it to test the difference between himself and the man bearing the title of 'World's Strongest Man', then it'd be safe to assume that he bothered to put a lot effort into it, otherwise it would be an exercise in futility. And it was Jozu that smothered it with seeming ease. Mihawk's feats far from support the claims you're making about him.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I wasn't saying it was his greatest effort, or the strongest attack he could muster. However, if he's using it to test the difference between himself and the man bearing the title of 'World's Strongest Man', then it'd be safe to assume that he bothered to put a lot effort into it, otherwise it would be an exercise in futility. And it was Jozu that smothered it with seeming ease. Mihawk's feats far from support the claims you're making about him.
    you have to be realistic, it was a very long range attack,who knows how many KM's away.
    And jozu didnt block it, he deflected the attack in the air.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast