Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shichibukai Bounties

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shichibukai Bounties

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    you have to be realistic, it was a very long range attack,who knows how many KM's away.
    And jozu didnt block it, he deflected the attack in the air.
    Kilometres away? Seriously? Akainu and Akoiji fought across an entire island changing its climate, and somehow the distance, which based on the manga wouldn't be measured in kilometres, between Mihawk and the middle of the plaza is a big deal. And Jozu stopped the attack, whether you wish to classify it as a block or a deflection, it doesn't change the fact that Mihawk's attack was easily managed. If Mihawk thought his attack would've lost significant power before it got to WB, he wouldn't have bothered. The entire purpose of the attack was to compare his strength to Whitebeard's. Either one of Mihawk's most powerful attacks was handled without much concern by Jozu, or Mihawk was just wasting everyone's time with his grand declaration of determining the difference between himself and WB. So either he isn't as strong as you suggest, or he's an idiot that likes to pursue fruitless endeavours. I find it hard to believe that Mihawk is an idiot, so I'm going to go with the former.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

its funny how you classify mihawk as not so strong because an attack has been deflected by a guy made out of diamont lol

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

its funny how you classify mihawk as not so strong because an attack has been deflected by a guy made out of diamont lol
    Its the fact that Diamond Jozu isn't above the Admiral level and he easily deflected the move.
    I don't think its too much down to his Fruit.
    WB didn't even flinch at the slash by Mihawk. So there isn't anything that Mihawk has done that is truly impressive in the series yet.

All we know is that Mihwak is at the Yonkou level since he was equal to Shanks with two-arms.
    And from the Yonkou's we've seen, there is nothing to suggest they would "Kill Admirals out of boredom" like you said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Mihawk (worlds strongest swordsman) is stronger then shanks (worlds second strongest swordman perhaps?) , and shanks is stronger then admirals.
    This has to be the worst. I am replying to a post from a year ago. However since it was addressed to me I feel I have to clear something. There is too much flawed reasoning in you statement. Shanks is indeed slightly stronger than an admiral. However take into account that his power also takes into account his advanced haki.

Mihawk the worlds strongest man sort out Shanks to fight him. He has the better technique and great finesse that exceeds that of all other swordsman. But with advanced haki and great deal of strength Shanks an unrefined swordsman per say could keep up with Mihawk. Strictly speaking as swordsman Mihawk is the better man but on in overall Shanks > Mihawk.

With that said I will say here that Mihawk is an admiral level fighter in that he can give a good fight but a wins is a stretch.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post
    This has to be the worst. I am replying to a post from a year ago. However since it was addressed to me I feel I have to clear something. There is too much flawed reasoning in you statement. Shanks is indeed slightly stronger than an admiral. However take into account that his power also takes into account his advanced haki.

Mihawk the worlds strongest man sort out Shanks to fight him. He has the better technique and great finesse that exceeds that of all other swordsman. But with advanced haki and great deal of strength Shanks an unrefined swordsman per say could keep up with Mihawk. Strictly speaking as swordsman Mihawk is the better man but on in overall Shanks > Mihawk.

With that said I will say here that Mihawk is an admiral level fighter in that he can give a good fight but a wins is a stretch.
    Well, I don't think winning against a marine admiral would be too much of a stretch. Any fighter strong enough to combat Shanks on more or less equal ground repeatedly, should be able to come out victorious against a marine admiral with great difficulty.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Well, I don't think winning against a marine admiral would be too much of a stretch. Any fighter strong enough to combat Shanks on more or less equal ground repeatedly, should be able to come out victorious against a marine admiral with great difficulty.
    That was 12 years ago. To give you a comparison during the East Blue saga Zoro and Luffy were on a near equal standing. Once they crossed into the GL and Luffy started taking way stronger opponents that gap widen fast. Look at their relative strength after one year. Tell me what happens after 12?

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3