Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 110

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn






    The Official Thread for all The Scions of the Seventh Dawn to post anything Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn related!

    Be it your screenshots/videos and/or character profiles, tales of your heroic efforts in Eorzea, casual chatter, questions about the game or even the long awaited news on when real life scientists finally decide to focus on something useful and genesplice the first Cactuar or Chocobo... rest assured it belongs into this topic!


    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    23,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Is the game worth it?

  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Leaving the current server troubles aside (which heavily hamper the games accessibility) the game is great imho.

    Its the first MMO in a decade I honestly enjoy playing... didn't have so much fun with an online game since the very early days of Dark Age of Camelot.

    Its well made and you immediately notice the devs put thought and effort into the game and that its not yet another one of those MMO projects that attempt to milk its customers before they die after just a few months and turn into "free to play" cash cows.

    It also has wonderful graphics exceeding even those of other visually appealing games like Tera Online, while being much less taxing on your hardware.

    Even my 5 years old computer can run it on max settings most of the time, while that same system was struggling with Tera and even setting stuff to minimum (which made it look as ugly as a game from 2001) didn't make much of a difference. I guess thats another testament that shows the devs knew what they were doing.

    Of course I can't judge endgame yet since I'm just around lvl30 for now... but from what I've seen I'm currently having high hopes. If someone likes Final Fantasy and isn't completely alien to the idea of playing an MMO I'd definitelly recommend giving the game a try.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  5. #4
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    I'm normally not the MMO type either, but I love this game. It's everything a good FF should be. Huge worlds, beautiful music, beautiful everything really, and I'm playing on PS3. Should've got it for PC though...

    There's also tons to do without it ever feeling like a grind/waste. You'll be able to build a house Skyrim style soon, you can have your mount fight along side you (healing, tanking, or dps)... I dunno. It's just FUN.

  6. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    I think the scenery is so pretty, I've spent a good chunk of time just wandering around looking at stuff.
    And I don't even consider it a waste of time. Although maybe that is part of the reason I'm still killing little ladybugs.
    Kidding, it's not that bad. But it's pretty bad. Ha ha.

    I must say I am really enjoying the "Bonanza/Big Valley" chocobo riding music. It just makes me want to lasso things.

    I do maintain that the unicorns are creepy and wild-eyed, like they have had too much coffee (or something stronger) and are about to start telling you about conspiracy theories in a paranoid fashion while looking over their shoulders. Creepy is good though. I like creepy.

    Note the similarity with that ever-creepy amusement park representative, the carousel horse:

    Presenting ErenDuRasho's pet Princess Derpina Derpington...



    ... and her lookalike from an old warehouse where toys go to die and then come back to haunt your nightmares:



    carousel, more like scare-ousel, am I right.

  7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Wow... that carousel horse looks really freaked out... like someone just pressed a blazing hot branding iron against its butt.

    But then again, I would have the same expression if I was forced to carry around fat kids on my back while they're dripping the filling from their hot pockets all over my mane

    But talking about amusement park equipment... I'm in the desert area right now (no, not those wastelands around Ul'dah but the real desert with sand and stuff), which reminds me about some talk I've read that there's supposed to be a Gold Saucer in the game... OMFG!

    No idea if its included yet or if they are going to implement it in a later patch, but as a Final Fantasy 7 fan (well who isn't?) I'm really looking forward to this. I'd imagine that would be a really cool place to hang out with ones online buddies!



    Ohhhh the sweet nostalgia!
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    But talking about amusement park equipment... I'm in the desert area right now (no, not those wastelands around Ul'dah but the real desert with sand and stuff),
    Which desert? Does it have camels?


    Quote Quote:
    which reminds me about some talk I've read that there's supposed to be a Gold Saucer in the game... OMFG!
    Oh that would be sweeeet

    Seriously how much fun would that be.

    ==

    So what are some of the best(worst) player's names you've seen thus far?

    I have enjoyed running into Dope Fish, Sizzle Chest, Amadeus Mozart, Potato Pancake U Mad, Hugh Jaardvark, Sir Throbbz, and some guy called Dongslayer. Oh and I got sexually harrassed by an npc for the first time so far. It was pretty exciting.

  11. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Which desert? Does it have camels?
    Southern Thanalan.

    None that I know of... only worms, drakes and more worms so far... and lots of sand.

    Quote Quote:
    So what are some of the best(worst) player's names you've seen thus far?
    Too many to count... and the usual stuff like Fap Boy & Fap Tard, Big Dickus & Co gets boring pretty soon.

    But I must say I'm very fond of all those numerous variations of Zephirooth, xXCloud StryfeXx, Tifffa Lookhart, Squallllll or my personal favorites: the fusion characters like Sephiroth Kadaj.

    Probably the best among those was "Zodiark Eden"... not because that name would be overly ridiculous compared to some other pearls, but because I witnessed how he managed to die against two Lady Bugs ganging up on him.

    That must really suck... imagine during character creation you're like "A name? HurrHurr! I am the mightiest among all Black Mages! Bringer of destruction... its only appropriate if I'm going to be a fusion of two of the most powerful entities in Final Fantasy history!"

    *Tries to molest Miss Lady Bug and in turn gets brutally battered by Husband Lady Bug*

    I dunno... if that happened to me I'd probably be like ................................... for at least 10 minutes and then like



    Before the game flies out of the window followed by half the computer equipment.

    ---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

    On a sidenote:

    Just dived into Brayflox's Longstop (lvl32 dungeon) for the first time... boy did I get an awesome group!

    The tank was actually pretty good, nothing to complain about... did a superb job... except that he was silent all the time and when something came out of his mouth it was usually some very harsh critique, coupled with a few insults towards everyone and a healthy dose of superiority complex.

    The Thaumaturge and Summoner were the true stars though... the kind of DD that just loves to lead with a Fire Ball before the Tank is even in range of the enemies... needless to say running out of red circles and stuff is also pretty uncool to those specimens.

    So, we somehow got to the final boss with my mana constantly hovering between 0 and 10%... and of course avoiding attacks was still out of question. Thus I was healing my soul out of my tender white mage buns and was already out of juice at the middle of the fight.

    Everybodies HP are dangerously low, numerous poison stacks got build up, the tank starts blinking red and nervously begins to walk backwards... so I thought to myself "OK TIME TO SAVE EVERYONES ASSES BY HITTING THAT lvl2 LIMIT BREAK!!".

    Boy what a mistake... the Thaumaturge totally snapped... "WTF!? HOW DARE YOU BLOW A LVL2 LIMIT BREAK ON A HEAL!!!?? THAT COULD HAVE BEEN 1500 DAMAGE!!!!" (note how he has time to type all of this in the mids of the fight instead of casting fireballs and stuff).

    *Summoner nods in agreement*

    Oh well... despite my grievous error we somehow managed to down the boss, so finally the tank was relieved of us unworthy maggots... of course he didn't waste any time to scram.

    The Thaumaturge on the other hand seemed to be up for some pleasant chatter... since he was sending me numerous messages in nice rose color. Sadly I couldn't understand any of it since for some strange reason he decided to switch to the french language

    Oh well, it was lots of fun and I genuinely enjoyed that run. Too bad one doesn't get such groups more often... most of them are just so :-)))) and boooooring
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 04, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Southern Thanalan.
    Pffft. I thought you were talking about really being in the desert, like on vacation or something.

    I was in Eastern Thanalan today. I really love it there. It reminds me of Virginia City, Nevada. Especially the graveyard. I could hang out there all day.

    In fact Drybone is where the drunk dude propositions passers-by by saying he wants to get his wick wet. If you want to meet him he was passing out in the stairwell, but don't get too friendly, he's mine.
    I know when you busty blondes move in for the kill, the B-cup brunettes lose out where charmers like him are concerned. Give me a chance why don't you. You and your Unicorn. *glare*

    Quote Quote:
    Too many to count... and the usual stuff like Fap Boy & Fap Tard, Big Dickus & Co gets boring pretty soon.
    The proud owner of the handle "Fap Boy' must be an object of jealously in lands both near and far. I bet he has people offering to buy him out all the time.

    Speaking of, I saw Minato Namikaze today. First and last name, spelled correctly and everything. I could hardly believe my eyes. Somebody got in on the ground floor and locked that shit down. And I ran into him on the road through Black Brush!! What an honor.

    ... Marshall??

    Quote Quote:
    But I must say I'm very fond of all those numerous variations of Zephirooth, xXCloud StryfeXx, Tifffa Lookhart, Squallllll or my personal favorites: the fusion characters like Sephiroth Kadaj.
    Oh Lord the combos.... I don't know what's worse, the fact that people do them, or the fact that I actually recognize it enough to make fun of them.

    Quote Quote:
    Probably the best among those was "Zodiark Eden"... not because that name would be overly ridiculous compared to some other pearls, but because I witnessed how he managed to die against two Lady Bugs ganging up on him.


    I wish I could have seen it. I would have Muttleyed.

    Quote Quote:
    Boy what a mistake... the Thaumaturge totally snapped... "WTF!? HOW DARE YOU BLOW A LVL2 LIMIT BREAK ON A HEAL!!!?? THAT COULD HAVE BEEN 1500 DAMAGE!!!!" (note how he has time to type all of this in the midst of the fight instead of casting fireballs and stuff).*Summoner nods in agreement*


    Are You Fucking Kidding Me Dog wants to know if you're fucking kidding him.

    Oh wait no, sorry Rasho, how dare you do your job. I mean seriously. I can't even look at you.

    Quote Quote:
    The Thaumaturge on the other hand seemed to be up for some pleasant chatter... since he was sending me numerous messages in nice rose color.
    Oh ho what's this? Sounds like you have an admirer. Blushing pink letters and everything.
    Nfufufu I'm totally shipping it.

    Quote Quote:
    Sadly I couldn't understand any of it since for some strange reason he decided to switch to the french language
    Well, that is the language of love. Wocka wocka.

    ==

    So my sister finally caved after a week of begging and big woobly eyes, and got it, so now my nieces are playing it. They are twelve and pretty adorable if I do say so myself. I was on chat with one of them today and it went like this:

    ME: So did you guys have fun making your characters? What did you name yours?
    HER: Darquenyss LunaShadow. *
    Me: ... you do know there are going to be like jillions of them named almost exactly the same thing, right?
    HER: yeah that's why it's hilarious
    ME: What does she look like?
    HER: long white hair and the biggest boobs possible, duh
    ME: But of course, you want to fit in.
    HER: Also one green eye and one purple eye...
    ME: Oh Lord. Did you do the Blade Runner eyeshadow?
    HER: you know it!!
    ME: I'm not hanging out with you.
    HER: Who asked you, old lady? Yours is just like a generic goth girl probably, because you are boring and not creative
    ME: !!! you watch it young lady
    HER: but I'm right tho
    ME: I'm not boring! I'm just vain! Get it straight!
    HER: LOLZ UR set in UR ways grandma
    ME: Just promise me you won't run around in your underwear unless it's ironically
    HER: you're not the boss of me :3
    ME: No, but I know your boss and she used to be my boss too, so don't push your luck :3

    It runs in the family.

    * : name changed to protect the guilty; trust me though, it's just as bad.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Pffft. I thought you were talking about really being in the desert, like on vacation or something.
    What would I be doing in a real desert..? I'd be bored to death... those places don't even have computers or Cactuars.



    Quote Quote:
    In fact Drybone is where the drunk dude propositions passers-by by saying he wants to get his wick wet. If you want to meet him he was passing out in the stairwell, but don't get too friendly, he's mine.
    I know when you busty blondes move in for the kill, the B-cup brunettes lose out where charmers like him are concerned. Give me a chance why don't you. You and your Unicorn. *glare*
    Oh don't worry... since I'm Miss Gryphonheart's puppeteer that most probably makes her a hardcore lesbian, so no competition for your love interest from my side.

    Quote Quote:
    Speaking of, I saw Minato Namikaze today. First and last name, spelled correctly and everything. I could hardly believe my eyes. Somebody got in on the ground floor and locked that shit down. And I ran into him on the road through Black Brush!! What an honor.

    ... Marshall??
    Same here... but I doubt the Namikaze Minato on my server is actually marshall... since the character is one of those cat girls (wtf!?). I doubt marshall would commit such an atrocity towards his idol.

    Quote Quote:
    Oh wait no, sorry Rasho, how dare you do your job. I mean seriously. I can't even look at you.
    He wasn't upset about me doing my job... he was upset about me taking away his filled up wank-bar

    I'm sure this wasn't the last time I pissed off one of those Damag0rs... since I have no scruples about pushing that button again and again for a 60% group mana and life refill when my own mana happens to be empty

    Quote Quote:
    Well, that is the language of love. Wocka wocka.
    I'm not so sure about that... he sounded more like these guys:



    Quote Quote:
    So my sister finally caved after a week of begging and big woobly eyes, and got it, so now my nieces are playing it. They are twelve and pretty adorable if I do say so myself. I was on chat with one of them today and it went like this:

    ME: So did you guys have fun making your characters? What did you name yours?
    HER: Darquenyss LunaShadow. *
    Me: ... you do know there are going to be like jillions of them named almost exactly the same thing, right?
    HER: yeah that's why it's hilarious
    ME: What does she look like?
    HER: long white hair and the biggest boobs possible, duh
    ME: But of course, you want to fit in.
    HER: Also one green eye and one purple eye...
    ME: Oh Lord. Did you do the Blade Runner eyeshadow?
    HER: you know it!!
    ME: I'm not hanging out with you.
    HER: Who asked you, old lady? Yours is just like a generic goth girl probably, because you are boring and not creative
    ME: !!! you watch it young lady
    HER: but I'm right tho
    ME: I'm not boring! I'm just vain! Get it straight!
    HER: LOLZ UR set in UR ways grandma
    ME: Just promise me you won't run around in your underwear unless it's ironically
    HER: you're not the boss of me :3
    ME: No, but I know your boss and she used to be my boss too, so don't push your luck :3

    It runs in the family.

    * : name changed to protect the guilty; trust me though, it's just as bad.
    lmao

    That sounds so familiar its downright scary. I also have two nieces, although they are young adults by now... actually even three, but the newest one is a toddler so I don't count her yet

    Anyway, quite a bunch of years ago when those two were the same age as your nieces, I was playing the MMO City of Heroes.

    No idea if you know it, but it was a Super Hero MMO with outstanding character creation. Making a character there was kind of like playing LEGO... you literally had thousands of thousands of pierces to build your character.

    http://imgur.com/a/xi2l4#8

    ^Just to give you a rough idea I dug up some of the very few screenshots I have left of my characters, since this is almost a decade ago.

    So... back then it came as no surprise my nieces also wanted to make a character... "a beautiful princess". I won't go into detail since it was a very lengthy and horrendous process... so just let me summarize the highlights.

    Current state: We did the outfit first so the character kind of looks like Jasmine from Disney's Alladin, only that her attire is colored in such intense purple that it literally glows like a neon sign.

    Nieces: Make her thin!
    Me: She is already thin... thats the standart setting.
    Nieces: No she's fat! Make her thinner!

    Current state: Character ends up at 0% slider setting - girls are satisfied. (50% is standart mind you... and most of those females on my screens are between 75 and 100% *cough cough* the character was so ridiculously thin, Kate Moss would have looked like a Sumo Wrestler next to her)

    Nieces: Make her boobs bigger!
    Me: *Is a bit surprised but thinks to himself* Hm ok... why not, the standart setting is indeed a bit flat afterall *pulls slider to ~75%*
    Nieces: Bigger!
    Me: Look girls... most of those sliders are pretty shitty at 100% because the devs were lazy and didn't give a fuck... If I make them any bigger it will distort her whole chest and it won't even look like boobs anymore... more like those things they use in american football.
    Nieces: At least show us!

    Current state: Needless to say after further futile arguing the boobs stayed at 100%.

    Nieces: Now make her taller!
    Me: *sets character to roughly 180cm*
    Nieces: Taller!
    Me: Let me guess... 100%..?
    Nieces: *nod in agreement*
    Me: The max setting is like almost 4 meters... do you really want that..? You will be a total freak even amongst Super Heroes and Villains...
    Nieces: Its fine! Just do it!

    Current state: Anorexic Godzilla with Football tits.

    Me: So... we need a name... how are you going to call her?
    Nieces: *carefully consult each other*
    Me: So..?
    Nieces: Britney Spears!
    Me: ..........................................................................
    Me: Girls... I'm afraid that name will surely be taken...
    Nieces: *carefully consult each other once more*
    Nieces: Anastacia!
    Me: The chances for that name not being taken are even lower...
    Nieces: Anastacia Spears then!
    Me: ........................................................ ok... if thats what makes you happy...

    Needless to say this atrocity didn't even survive 5 minutes after they left my apartment... merciful as I am I didn't lose any time to kill it with fire to put it out of its misery.
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 05, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    He wasn't upset about me doing my job... he was upset about me taking away his filled up wank-bar

    I'm sure this wasn't the last time I pissed off one of those Damag0rs... since I have no scruples about pushing that button again and again for a 60% group mana and life refill when my own mana happens to be empty
    Ugh, this is why I'm putting off my first dungeon as long as I possibly can. Can't I just avoid other people forever dammit?? :C (pffft)

    ...Which means I am aspiring to other classes out of pure stubborn procrastination right now.

    I bring out my li'l airship to keep me company while I'm fishing and synthesizing my hippie clothes. I call it Galley. Because it's the Little Galleon that Could. I'm afraid I'm giving it a rather quiet life right now, but on the other hand we are doing a lot of sightseeing.

    Speaking of names, what do you call your unicorn?

    Quote Quote:
    I'm not so sure about that... he sounded more like these guys:

    Spoiler show

    And you weren't seduced straight away?!? Wow, that's some fortitude right there. I think my pants would have fallen off instantly.

    Quote Quote:
    That sounds so familiar its downright scary. I also have two nieces, although they are young adults by now... actually even three, but the newest one is a toddler so I don't count her yet

    Anyway, quite a bunch of years ago when those two were the same age as your nieces, I was playing the MMO City of Heroes.

    Spoiler show

    Needless to say this atrocity didn't even survive 5 minutes after they left my apartment... merciful as I am I didn't lose any time to kill it with fire to put it out of its misery.
    LMAO.
    Were they being sarcastic little brats like mine? God I hope so.

    I think my niece hasn't figured out that she'll get tired of it pretty quickly and that nobody's going to get that she's trying to be funny unless she tells them, which will take all the fun out of it. Oh well, she's gotta learn sometime. I'm predicting she'll get sick of looking ridiculous in, oh, about four more days and start over with something better.

    Unless she gets really attached to this Frankenstein's character she has, and then... well I guess she'll defend it to the death! lol

    ==

    OMG Rasho
    I just looked at your page and you're like level five million in everything already, what the hell!! I kind of hate you.
    I'm so jealous. I'm going to go fishing with Little Galley to make myself feel better.

    EDIT: Oh, I have some more fabulous names to add to the Hall of Shame and Hilarity. I am making a list of the ones that are just awful or that make me laugh-- often these qualities are not mutually exclusive of course.

    Stinkerbelly Smelisox
    Throat Yogurt
    Splooge King (obviously the master whom Fap Boy aspires to surpass)
    Worst Name (tellin' it like it is)
    Beer Musketeer
    Rusty Trombone
    Oldman Pajamas (I love this one, I totally want to be his friend)
    Sir Highalot (he should go party with Beer Musketeer)
    Tampax Pearl
    Nuckin Futz
    Last edited by Bloomerwedgies; September 06, 2013 at 09:27 AM.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Just completed the Titan Trial and probably got to the point of the story where shit finally starts to go loose. Got a major turn of events at the main story mission... and without spoiling anything I just have to say: those Garleans are wonderfully psychotic ruthless assholes... I love it!

    Oh and Migitek Combat Suits are freakin badass!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Ugh, this is why I'm putting off my first dungeon as long as I possibly can. Can't I just avoid other people forever dammit?? :C (pffft)
    Its not like they can bite you or something... and I must say I find those retarded groups to be the most entertaining.

    They have to be bad, but still somewhat "good" enough to barely trudge through the dungeon. If they have overblown egos and everyone blames the others for everything that goes wrong because obviously oneself is freakin elite... then its literally time to get the popcorn out! Its like watching a volatile chain-reaction go off.

    IRL dealing with retards is probably the most annoying thing there is... but online behind the comfort of your computer that annoyance mutates into hilariousness.

    Its kind of like going to the Zoo and watching a flock of angry baboons. Obviously you don't wanna stand in the midst of them... but watching them from behind the glass is superb! And you can't help but to knock at that oversized window to piss them off even more!

    That being said... don't worry about the dungeons. The first four or so are so easy you could probably complete them with naked characters. The first dungeons that keep the players a bit on their toes are around the level 30 mark.

    Quote Quote:
    I bring out my li'l airship to keep me company while I'm fishing and synthesizing my hippie clothes. I call it Galley. Because it's the Little Galleon that Could. I'm afraid I'm giving it a rather quiet life right now, but on the other hand we are doing a lot of sightseeing.
    I'm looking forward to reaching level48... will take a while... but then one can do a quest to obtain his very own Cactuar minion! And no... not those cheap semi-realistic ones in front of Ul'dah, but the real ones that move like a pixel sprite from an 80's handheld LCD gameboy ripoff!

    Quote Quote:
    Speaking of names, what do you call your unicorn?
    Well... since you can't really name it I didn't think much about it until now... but one of my buddies always calls her Unicron... like that planet eater from the 80's transformers movie... so maybe thats a good idea..? No..? Thought so...

    Quote Quote:
    LMAO.
    Were they being sarcastic little brats like mine? God I hope so.
    They were certainly having fun being cocky... but can't say they were overly bratty ;p

    The problem is children are usually afraid of me... the newest little one always cries when she sees me (no kidding). I could lie and pretend I have no idea why that is... but most likely it has something to do with the fact that I somewhat look like a pale version of Jack Sparrow. Probably not very popular with the kids

    At least cats usually love me though... most of the time I can't even walk down the street without some random cat coming out of the bushes and stalking me in hopes of snatching some pats.

    Quote Quote:
    OMG Rasho
    I just looked at your page and you're like level five million in everything already, what the hell!! I kind of hate you.
    I'm so jealous. I'm going to go fishing with Little Galley to make myself feel better.
    Aww... don't feel down about it! The gladiator and my three crafting jobs are mostly leftovers from beta. Since launch I just got that Conjurer Class from 15 to 35 (which is easy as hell because you can abuse the lack on healers to get instant queue for any dungeon) and an Arcanist to 16 and a Thaumaturge to 6.

    But I have to say getting classes up to 15+ is very easy if you know how. For the disciples of war/magic you can just follow the hunting log appropriate to your class and do a few fates while roaming the areas to find the required monsters. Yields tons of experience.

    For the crafting classes you can do tradecraft leves at the adventurers guild of your choice. Basically you just build an item, deliver it to an npc inside the city, get a large chunk of xp and money -> rinse and repeat. You can get a tradecraft to 15 in under an hour that way.

    Quote Quote:
    EDIT: Oh, I have some more fabulous names to add to the Hall of Shame and Hilarity. I am making a list of the ones that are just awful or that make me laugh-- often these qualities are not mutually exclusive of course.

    Stinkerbelly Smelisox
    Throat Yogurt
    Splooge King (obviously the master whom Fap Boy aspires to surpass)
    Worst Name (tellin' it like it is)
    Beer Musketeer
    Rusty Trombone
    Oldman Pajamas (I love this one, I totally want to be his friend)
    Sir Highalot (he should go party with Beer Musketeer)
    Tampax Pearl
    Nuckin Futz
    Let me add some as well:

    Majara Uchija
    Marry Joana
    Vaga Ina
    Piecake Choo
    Blow Job
    Nyan Cat
    Neo Nacy
    Chocobo Vergewaltiger (german for Chocobo Rapist)
    Tsunade Hokage
    Salty Fartz
    Dirty Panties
    Whis Kaz

    And probably a whole lot more I've forgotten... yup Shiva seems to be one heck of a fucked up server
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 07, 2013 at 02:38 AM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Galley and I are making enough cotton shifts, etc. to outfit an army! Which is presumably what they are for! Go us.

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    and without spoiling anything I just have to say: those Garleans are wonderfully psychotic ruthless assholes... I love it!
    Always one of my very favorite types.

    Quote Quote:
    The first four or so are so easy you could probably complete them with naked characters.
    Oh, Rasho, if only we were on the same server, we could do this together.
    What lovely memories we could make.

    Speaking of dungeons... I'm sure the obvious thing here is to say 'LOL Hi Cthulhu', which of course I did, but I have to admit that what really made me laugh was...



    OK so we have that, but then...



    Oh my God

    Quote Quote:
    The first dungeons that keep the players a bit on their toes are around the level 30 mark.
    My little gal is only at level 22...
    but damn if she isn't going to be a level 50 weaver, goldsmith, botanist, and whatever else I can think of to procrastinate with before you know it. (pffft)

    Speaking of, you know what can go fuck itself? Botany, that's what. I'm liking the other crafts/what-have-yous that I'm doing, but dear God botany makes me want to violently kill myself or anyone else who's handy. And since I generally look out for number one, anybody who gets in reach of my scythe better watch it. I'm about to go insane from boredom.

    I'm only doing it to get stuff for my weaving, which I am actually enjoying a lot. Can't have too many clothes, I always say. My girl is going to have closets as stuffed as mine.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm looking forward to reaching level48... will take a while... but then one can do a quest to obtain his very own Cactuar minion! And no... not those cheap semi-realistic ones in front of Ul'dah, but the real ones that move like a pixel sprite from an 80's handheld LCD gameboy ripoff!
    That.... is.... fabulous

    Quote Quote:
    Well... since you can't really name it I didn't think much about it until now... but one of my buddies always calls her Unicron... like that planet eater from the 80's transformers movie... so maybe thats a good idea..? No..? Thought so...
    You don't want her to start answering to "hey, you" do you? Of course not!
    I always name my little companions whether you can officially do so or not... I just can't bear the poor things going around with their generic monikers as their only handles. It's too sad. *wibble*

    Although to be honest, I get pretty ridiculous with it. I even name my weapons, tools, my favorite clothes...

    Quote Quote:
    The problem is children are usually afraid of me... the newest little one always cries when she sees me (no kidding).
    I have the opposite problem, ankle-biters always zero in on me and start clinging no matter how many dirty looks and brush-offs I give them.
    I guess they can see through me. Horrid little things.

    Quote Quote:
    I could lie and pretend I have no idea why that is... but most likely it has something to do with the fact that I somewhat look like a pale version of Jack Sparrow. Probably not very popular with the kids
    What the hell is wrong with kids these days? Haha, you'd think they wouldn't leave you alone.
    (So do you have the dreads and everything? and the guyliner?)
    Little kids are usually attracted to my appearance even if their folks are appalled and try to herd them away. Little girls especially... goth chicks just look like cartoon princesses to them, it's like you're a costumed character at Disneyland. It's adorable. I MEAN!! Get away from me you sticky brats. Hmph.

    Quote Quote:
    At least cats usually love me though... most of the time I can't even walk down the street without some random cat coming out of the bushes and stalking me in hopes of snatching some pats.
    Rasho the Cat Whisperer. You have a cat don't you? What color is she? I have three, all adopted at various times here and there. I worked at the Humane Society through college. I have a thing for waifs and strays....

    Quote Quote:
    Aww... don't feel down about it! The gladiator and my three crafting jobs are mostly leftovers from beta.
    It's true, I forget that. I haven't even been playing a week yet! heh
    Most of the people I know irl who are going to play have shied away because of all the server probs, etc, so I am lonely and also kind of waiting for them so we can goof around together. I played on a JP server for a bit, like up to lvl 10, but fairly quickly I didn't have any difficulty getting on my NA server at all. Despite the horror stories I heard.
    Possibly this is due to the fact that my time zone is so late, my times are off from the majority of the world.

    Quote Quote:
    But I have to say getting classes up to 15+ is very easy if you know how. For the disciples of war/magic you can just follow the hunting log appropriate to your class and do a few fates while roaming the areas to find the required monsters. Yields tons of experience.
    Honestly my favorite way to go up quickly. I have a lot of fun sightseeing too... I found it helps me get to know the lay of the land pretty fast. And all the shortcuts.

    Quote Quote:
    For the crafting classes you can do tradecraft leves at the adventurers guild of your choice. Basically you just build an item, deliver it to an npc inside the city, get a large chunk of xp and money -> rinse and repeat. You can get a tradecraft to 15 in under an hour that way.
    I've been avoiding the leves so far but maybe I will check them out...

    Quote Quote:
    Let me add some as well:

    Majara Uchija
    Sounds like something you would spread on toast.

    Quote Quote:
    Vaga Ina
    Dirty Panties
    These two need to get together with Tampax Pearl

    Quote Quote:
    Blow Job
    Those people who name themselves after their skill always end up regretting it as they add new things to their repertoire later...

    Quote Quote:
    Chocobo Vergewaltiger (german for Chocobo Rapist)
    Jesus Christ...
    Is there an animal welfare league in Uldah?? The Sultana's Society for the Protection of Animals??

    Quote Quote:
    Tsunade Hokage
    Presumably your favorite

    Quote Quote:
    Salty Fartz
    Woah

    Quote Quote:
    And probably a whole lot more I've forgotten... yup Shiva seems to be one heck of a fucked up server
    I've been seeing more clever ones, or intentionally humorous-without-being-awful ones lately, it's fun. Oh, today I saw somebody called Belle Gunness! I was really impressed and wanted to follow her but she was going too fast.

    Personally, I named my girl after my favorite flower and a character from Our Mutual Friend. Good old Chaz and his wonderful dorky alliterative names.
    Last edited by Bloomerwedgies; September 07, 2013 at 11:44 AM.

  22. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Galley and I are making enough cotton shifts, etc. to outfit an army! Which is presumably what they are for! Go us.
    Watch it... before you know it the Ul'dah army will urge you into a contract and then all their uniforms will have the Bloomerwedgies brand.

    Quote Quote:
    Always one of my very favorite types.
    Its funny since usually I couldn't harm a fly... but in movies, comics, games etc. I'm most of the timefascinated by the bad guys... probably because the stories would be so boring without them

    Or its because they always get the most badass weapons/gear/attire/abilities... damn I'm so jelous of the Garleans... I just love it whenever they pull that whole "Technically Advanced Faction comes and kicks Magic Using Factions ass" theme.

    Too bad you can't join them... wish it was a bit more like City of Heroes. The villains hat their own faction and city there with just as much content as the heroes

    Quote Quote:
    Oh, Rasho, if only we were on the same server, we could do this together.
    What lovely memories we could make.
    Maybe once they offer server switches I'll actually come over, since today I found out the EU servers are stationed in America anyway (wtf). The only problem would be the collective bitching of my buddies since they love their encapsulated german only guilds... convincing them will probably be pretty much impossible

    Quote Quote:
    I see great mind think alike!

    The resemblance would be oven more uncanny if Zoidberg wasn't a cartoon character.

    Spoiler show



    Quote Quote:
    Speaking of, you know what can go fuck itself? Botany, that's what. I'm liking the other crafts/what-have-yous that I'm doing, but dear God botany makes me want to violently kill myself or anyone else who's handy. And since I generally look out for number one, anybody who gets in reach of my scythe better watch it. I'm about to go insane from boredom.
    I hear you... mining is exactly the same and it really starts to suck once you get to 20+ since you only get like 120xp per gathering and the class needs the same xp to level like any of the combat classes... its insane.

    But the leves do help a lot. Turn in 10 rocks... get a nice chunk of xp. Usually I hate those generic repeatable grindy quests, but for the tradecrafts they are perfect... and I wouldn't use them for leveling the combat classes anyway.

    Quote Quote:
    You don't want her to start answering to "hey, you" do you? Of course not!
    I always name my little companions whether you can officially do so or not... I just can't bear the poor things going around with their generic monikers as their only handles. It's too sad. *wibble*
    Today I finally became aware to the fact that the thing on her head actually isn't a horn, but a drill! She's not a Unicorn... she's a Unidrill! How awesome is that?

    I'm going to call her Little Lagann from now on... since her gender isn't specified anyway I'm sure she doesn't mind that it sounds a bit masculine.


    Quote Quote:
    (So do you have the dreads and everything? and the guyliner?)
    The beard comes pretty close and the facial features as well. The guyliner comes naturally from sleep deprivation.

    I never had dreads but various stages of long hair... and I usually wear bandanas. Although currently I have the generic buzz cut like almost any other guy because long hair tends to get a bit annoying during warm weather + sports and bodywork.


    Quote Quote:
    Rasho the Cat Whisperer. You have a cat don't you?
    Currently two... although you could probably count the whole neighborhood mine... since they are spending more time here then at home. I guess thats to be expected if I'm the only one crazy enough to keep she-cats when everyone else goes for the he-cats so that they don't have to worry about their critter suddenly multiplying.

    Quote Quote:
    What color is she?
    One looks like stracciatella ice-cream and the other one like chocolate-caramel or something.

    Quote Quote:
    It's true, I forget that. I haven't even been playing a week yet! heh
    Most of the people I know irl who are going to play have shied away because of all the server probs, etc, so I am lonely and also kind of waiting for them so we can goof around together. I played on a JP server for a bit, like up to lvl 10, but fairly quickly I didn't have any difficulty getting on my NA server at all. Despite the horror stories I heard.
    Possibly this is due to the fact that my time zone is so late, my times are off from the majority of the world.
    I don't get why people were going so nutts either... difficulties during MMO launches are hardly a new thing... Square did their best to keep the community informed and they didn't even charge game time for the first week.

    So whats the freakin problem..? Just do something else and pretend the games launch has been postponed by a week

    Too bad ADD isn't caused by bacteria... some people could really use an injection or two.

    Quote Quote:
    Jesus Christ...
    Is there an animal welfare league in Uldah?? The Sultana's Society for the Protection of Animals??
    In Ul'dah you can probably bribe yourself out of everything... but I imagine as soon as he crosses the Gridanian border and comes out of his airship he'll be shot on sight.


    Quote Quote:
    Presumably your favorite
    There are at least two things wrong with this character...

    1) Hokage is not a freakin surename... thats like if I'd call myself Obama President or Merkel Bundeskanzler. Not even Yoda would be capable of such horrid syntax.

    2) And most importantly: Tsunade-Hime is not a Cat Girl with intense-blue fur...

    Quote Quote:
    Personally, I named my girl after my favorite flower and a character from Our Mutual Friend. Good old Chaz and his wonderful dorky alliterative names.
    I guess I'll have to wait for ninjabaato and his Columbogan to deduce your name from this. I'm horrible at riddles.

    Whenever I do Crossword Puzzles I'm always like "Yaaaaay! solved it!" now just to combine all the key letters into the solution!

    Gorzdmouhleafg??

    Whats that? I never heard of this before...
    Last edited by riki; September 08, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

  23. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pants
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

    Is Realm Reborn like other mmo when you can just buy rare weapons and armor? Or is there a lot of rewarding items from loot? Because I'm thinking of getting it but if it's like other mmo then I'll change my mind

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts