Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

No idea yet. I can say though that while leveling up the stuff that drops in dungeons is way better then anything I can craft myself or buy from npcs.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    No idea yet. I can say though that while leveling up the stuff that drops in dungeons is way better then anything I can craft myself or buy from npcs.
    Great. I find using real money to buy powerful items takes away from the game...much better finding ultimate weapons and armor and more rewarding. It's something recent RPGs lack a lot of. Will keep an eye on this one.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Oh thats what you mean!

Then rest assured A Realm Reborn is nothing like this.

There is no Itemshop or pay to win at all. It follows the classic ~12$ a moth fee system. Quite frankly I'm thankful for that. I don't mind a slight monthly fee, but having to dump undefined and most of the time absurd amounts of money into a game just to get around purposely frustrating game mechanics and/or to stay competitive with high-end players is a no-go for me as well and I hate that its becoming so popular nowdays.
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 09, 2013 at 02:16 AM.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit....

I've been lost in FF land so long I'm missing everything!

So, where should I start...

Took me fucking 3 days to beat Haukke manor. Everyone's decided they'd rather train a whole group of mobs trying to run to each treasure chest before dropping out of the party rather than actually help. And for whatever reason, my monk kept getting dropped into parties with one healer and two other dps. NO TANK.

As for my character, Roan Everette... he's the character I use in most of my rp forums :3 Roan came from Rowen, the blue Ronin Warrior (remember that old anime? It's the reason I'm an anime fan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7taponHxG0 The one at the end. The OTHER blue one, lol. Strata, not Torrent.

Though I don't really know why I didn't make my guy an archer if he's supposed to be the rebirth of Rowen...

Also if you replace the Y in my IRL name with an O... you get Roan. Everette was just something I threw in off the top of my head *shrugs*

And yeah. It's hard to make a black guy with the character creator without him looking like a super dark skinned white guy. Like... an indian or something, lol. But that's why I gave him the skinned fade and dark skin... and made him shorter than average. He's me, essentially.

Just need to find a way to give him some glasses and he'll be right. Too bad there isn't a crotch slider like on Saints Row to make his testicular fortitude match mine... kukuku.

Side-note: I JUST now know learned how to do limit breaks. And now I'm gonna go Limit Break all oer Titan's face.
    Last edited by ninjabot; September 09, 2013 at 09:46 PM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So, thanks to a bit of arguing from my side and the help of goldb we got our thread back... yay! Thanks a lot goldb! I was thinking about sending you another PM, but then I figured you mods get more then enough mail anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Took me fucking 3 days to beat Haukke manor. Everyone's decided they'd rather train a whole group of mobs trying to run to each treasure chest before dropping out of the party rather than actually help. And for whatever reason, my monk kept getting dropped into parties with one healer and two other dps. NO TANK.
    Haha, that sounds familiar. Had to try the Sunken Temple three times until I finally got a group that was able to get us through. The good thing about being a healer or tank is that you can compensate for a lot of your groups shortcomings by working at 200%.

For that reason I'm also leveling up a Thaumaturge to 26 right now... I just need that Instant-Cast for my Raise. People just love dying on me due to stupid shit that isn't healable like briefly pulling aggro from a boss while I'm healing up the tank, getting a fist to their face that takes away 90% hp and then they panic and try to run away straight through the red zone on the ground.

One could argue "fuck that, its not your fault when they're stupid" but indirectly their failure also effects me, since I can't smack the boss to death with my Conjurer-Cane.

Speaking of the devil... that third Temple run was actually quite hilarious. Got a tank that vehemently insisted to know who's new to the dungeon and he refused to start before the guilty one steps forward. Since I already did that dungeon 2 times but timed out at the final boss due to the tanks going AFK for ~30 minutes at the center of the dungeon I wasn't aware I'm the new one, and neither did it matter since I knew all fights anyway.

Somehow they found out however and since I love being sarcastic and to exaggerate I answered "Don't worry guys, I already failed like 20 times in here, so its hardly like I'm new!"

That tank however took that totally seriously and was kind of like "Ohhhhhh boy... we got ourselves the shittiest healer ever......"

Basically he was lecturing and instructing me during every single pack of mobs we pulled... like "Don't spam heal so much you build up too much aggro" or "Keep my HP full all the time if I get a crit I might die otherwise". Thats not where it ends though... because obviously I had to be the one to blame whenever something went wrong xD

For example we wiped during the first boss fight because the tank got an instant kill debuff he failed to cleanse by going to a special platform which serves that purpose. Instead of realizing his mistake he was like "OMFG NO HEAL???? Thats so sad.... I never wiped at this boss before...."

Well, since I'm not easy to get upset about such things I decided to amuse myself and I basically pulled a Hinata on him... like totally intimidated, shy and submissive. "S... sorry... I... I'll try harder next time!" (yes, I was typing the stuttering and he still didn't get suspicious... lmao)

So... then at some point our archer got himself effectively instant killed (the boss aggro + red zone combo I mentioned earlier) and thats when mister tank got really angry at me. He even managed to ignore the fact that I somehow picked up the archer mid-fight with a 10 seconds raise while keeping everyone else alive... which wasn't easy mind you!

"OMFG WHY DON'T YOU HEAL HIM YOU IDIOT??? WHAt ARE YOU??? A 10 YEARS OLD GIRL????"

To which I answered: "11..."

Lmao... all of a sudden you could notice how bad he feels. He was getting all defensive and apologetic and tried to explain why he got so angry and that I shouldn't be playing such games because I'm too young and that I should stick with something easier like Hello Kitty Online until I'm in my late teens, since at my age I simply lack the reflexes and coordination to play with adults and blablablabla.

A bit later we downed the final boss and I was like "Hey mister tank... I have a confession to make... I'm not really a 11 years old girl... I'm a 28 years old guy. I was just having fun bullshitting you all the time... and whenever something went wrong and we wiped, it was actually your fault, not mine, so maybe you should be the one playing Hello Kitty! No offense though, hope you're cool with that!"

Of course he wasn't cool with that... lmao! He got so outrageously mad... it was priceless! If I was an asshole I could have send half of the stuff I got to hear from him to a GM and gotten him banned in a heartbeat

I swear, these games wouldn't be even half as fun without all those people playing them

Quote Quote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7taponHxG0 The one at the end. The OTHER blue one, lol. Strata, not Torrent.
    Looks like a less ridiculous version of Power Rangers. I love how the art style immediately gives away the era when this was airing. Too bad here in europe we are so slow on the uptake. Anime basically started for me with DBZ during the early 2000's.

But then again... growing up with Biker Mice from Mars also wasn't too shabby. Modo is probably the reason were my fetish for weapon mounted cybernetic limbs comes from.

Quote Quote:
    Though I don't really know why I didn't make my guy an archer if he's supposed to be the rebirth of Rowen...
    Probably because Pugilists/Monks have those kickass fighting animations. I just love how those guys are constantly skipping... like they're taken straight out of Tekken!

Besides... just roll an Archer later!

Quote Quote:
    And yeah. It's hard to make a black guy with the character creator without him looking like a super dark skinned white guy. Like... an indian or something, lol. But that's why I gave him the skinned fade and dark skin... and made him shorter than average. He's me, essentially.
    Now I suddenly get were that hate for Killer Bee comes from...

Quote Quote:
    Just need to find a way to give him some glasses and he'll be right. Too bad there isn't a crotch slider like on Saints Row to make his testicular fortitude match mine... kukuku.
    And now for some strange reason that understanding slightly ceases again

Quote Quote:
    Side-note: I JUST now know learned how to do limit breaks. And now I'm gonna go Limit Break all oer Titan's face.
    I just fucking hate that guy. I don't get what Square was thinking when they put the EU servers oversea lmao. I thought my internet connection was shitty or something, until I found out this is a problem that haunts all EU players.

You NA's have like 60000 years to run out of those red circles while EU players basically get hit no matter where they stand unless they were already moving when that attack got initiated (ok slightly exaggerated but it comes close).

I'll never be able to play a tank in this game... urgh!
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 10, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasho View Post
    Watch it... before you know it the Ul'dah army will urge you into a contract and then all their uniforms will have the Bloomerwedgies brand.
    I've always wanted to have my name emblazoned on asses from here to Drybone. I hope they like everything dyed purple.

Quote Quote:
    Its funny since usually I couldn't harm a fly... but in movies, comics, games etc. I'm most of the timefascinated by the bad guys... probably because the stories would be so boring without them
    I'm an admitted villain lover and I'm not even sorry. They are always the most interesting characters IMHO... and they always get the best colors! Black, purple, silver, etc.

Quote Quote:
    Maybe once they offer server switches I'll actually come over, since today I found out the EU servers are stationed in America anyway (wtf).
    By the time that happens you'll be level 50 in everything and you won't want to hang out with me.

In other news, I am now a level 22 weaver, botanist, and fisherman.

Quote Quote:
    The resemblance would be oven more uncanny if Zoidberg wasn't a cartoon character.

Spoiler show
    Dear God. *takes off glasses*

It's Galvanth's and Zoidberg's lovechild. Don't even want to think about how that came into being. ... Or maybe I do. *Snidely*

Quote Quote:
    I hear you... mining is exactly the same and it really starts to suck once you get to 20+ since you only get like 120xp per gathering and the class needs the same xp to level like any of the combat classes... its insane.
    Botany is finally getting better now that I'm actually getting stuff that's important to me. But damn is it still time consuming. I just get drunk and play really loud music to help the time go by.

Quote Quote:
    But the leves do help a lot. Turn in 10 rocks... get a nice chunk of xp. Usually I hate those generic repeatable grindy quests, but for the tradecrafts they are perfect... and I wouldn't use them for leveling the combat classes anyway.
    I am loving the field/tradecraft leves. Especially since I'm getting really good at making HQ stuff to turn in. I'm getting filthy rich and I love it. I just wish they let you do more of them per day.

Quote Quote:
    Today I finally became aware to the fact that the thing on her head actually isn't a horn, but a drill! She's not a Unicorn... she's a Unidrill! How awesome is that?

I'm going to call her Little Lagann from now on... since her gender isn't specified anyway I'm sure she doesn't mind that it sounds a bit masculine.
    Her drill is the drill that shall pierce through the next mouthy tank that gets all pissy with her mistress...

Quote Quote:
    long hair tends to get a bit annoying during warm weather + sports and bodywork.
    Is that a euphemism for sex? Because if so I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Currently two... although you could probably count the whole neighborhood mine... since they are spending more time here then at home. I guess thats to be expected if I'm the only one crazy enough to keep she-cats when everyone else goes for the he-cats so that they don't have to worry about their critter suddenly multiplying.
    Ack, don't people in your neck of the woods spay and neuter?? Get them things fixed!!

Quote Quote:
    One looks like stracciatella ice-cream and the other one like chocolate-caramel or something.
    Somebody was hungry.
    I have two black ones and one tortoiseshell colored one.

Quote Quote:
    Too bad ADD isn't caused by bacteria... some people could really use an injection or two.

My cats love it when I am playing, they actually get lap time because it's one of the few things I'll sit still for long enough for them to get comfy.

Quote Quote:
    I guess I'll have to wait for ninjabaato and his Columbogan to deduce your name from this. I'm horrible at riddles.
    Ninjabaato-kun doesn't want to hang out with me anymore! I guess I should have known better than to dally with a heartstabber like him. Hmph! That's a two-way street, ninjabaato-kun!! See if I care if you ever come around again! I-- oh wait, there he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabaato-kun View Post
    Holy shit....

I've been lost in FF land so long I'm missing everything!
    Damn straight you have been.
    (Like I've been doing anything else, lol) (well... sleeping)

Quote Quote:
    As for my character, Roan Everette... he's the character I use in most of my rp forums :3 Roan came from Rowen, the blue Ronin Warrior (remember that old anime? It's the reason I'm an anime fan).

Oh my God, blast from the past. I feel so old. LnDRasho-sama is right about that 80's look. Pffft, anybody who bitches about the 'sudden' influx of bishies everywhere just needs to take a stroll down memory lane and remember those eyelashes all the dudes had back in the day.

Srsly ninjabaato-kun, I think that anime is older than you are.

Quote Quote:
    Also if you replace the Y in my IRL name with an O... you get Roan. Everette was just something I threw in off the top of my head *shrugs*
    I dislexified the letters at first and got Rayn and thought, oh you had hippie parents too? pfft

Quote Quote:
    He's a cutie.

I made mine look just like me, too; fortunately an easy endeavor since I pretty much look like a ridiculous cartoon anyway. I don't have a shot of her in her pugilist gear, but that's OK because I hate her current outfit and can't wait to upgrade it asap. Here she is, all ready to go harvest some catalysts and HQ cotton bolls...

Spoiler show

She's just so cute in her frumpy little botanist outfit, I can't even. Straight off the commune, lol. I dye everything I can get my hands on purple so she is always color coordinated with her hair. Such a fashionable lass.

Quote Quote:
    I... I have missed you so much, ninjabaato-kun.

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash-sama View Post
    So, thanks to a bit of arguing from my side and the help of goldb we got our thread back... yay!
    Yay! Should we re-title it? How about, "The Thread Where LnDrash, ninjabot, and Bloomerwedgies Talk About Final Fantasy XIV (among other things)"

Quote Quote:
    "OMFG WHY DON'T YOU HEAL HIM YOU IDIOT??? WHAt ARE YOU??? A 10 YEARS OLD GIRL????"

To which I answered: "11..."
    Rasho, luring out the lolicons...

Quote Quote:
    Hello Kitty Online

Quote Quote:
    A bit later we downed the final boss and I was like "Hey mister tank... I have a confession to make... I'm not really a 11 years old girl... I'm a 28 years old guy. I was just having fun bullshitting you all the time... and whenever something went wrong and we wiped, it was actually your fault, not mine, so maybe you should be the one playing Hello Kitty! No offense though, hope you're cool with that!"
    I can hear the veins popping from this hemisphere.

Quote Quote:
    Looks like a less ridiculous version of Power Rangers. I love how the art style immediately gives away the era when this was airing. Too bad here in europe we are so slow on the uptake. Anime basically started for me with DBZ during the early 2000's.
    Oh my God I am so old.

Quote Quote:
    Probably because Pugilists/Monks have those kickass fighting animations. I just love how those guys are constantly skipping... like they're taken straight out of Tekken!
    Damn straight we do.

Quote Quote:
    I'll never be able to play a tank in this game... urgh!
    Why would you want to?? You'll instantly become a total git who would actually tell someone to go play Hello Kitty! Nooooo!!

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasho-sama

Besides... just roll an Archer later!
    Yeah. I'm gonna learn EVERYTHING and just make my main character the perfect adventurer. I find myself screaming "WATA!!!" while punching giant tortoises in the face.

Quote Quote:
    Now I suddenly get were that hate for Killer Bee comes from...
    Yeah. I can't expect there to be awesome black characters in anime, because there aren't enough blacks in Japan that manga-ka would actually care whether they're helping the young black fans relate to the characters better... but there've been some awesome black anime characters.

Kilik Lunge from Soul Eater is easily the best though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK5MTEFoSwQ

Followed by Mukara from Ronin Warriors (black samurai. He was the main badguy in the film too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgxn0wZUOt4 Um... this is super racist. Maybe he isn't as awesome as I thought he was. And why the fuck does he have white hair? And he has butteflies turn into his armor!? That's worse than the damn flower petals!

Anyway... has anyone seen Odin yet? I'm scared shitless he's gonna pop behind me one day and attack me and Boco (I named my chocobo Boco).

Quote Originally Posted by Buruma-chan
    Oh my God, blast from the past. I feel so old. LnDRasho-sama is right about that 80's look. Pffft, anybody who bitches about the 'sudden' influx of bishies everywhere just needs to take a stroll down memory lane and remember those eyelashes all the dudes had back in the day.
    I know right! I remember thinking "Awesome, this is like a manly version of Sailor Moon!"
    Then they started voguing while cherry blossom petals floated around them and I was all... "Hm. Those are some very pretty samurai. Is this intentional?"

Quote Quote:
    Srsly ninjabaato-kun, I think that anime is older than you are.
    Wouldn't doubt it. I watched older stuff than that (Macross originated in the 70's. Go Max!!)

Quote Quote:
    I dislexified the letters at first and got Rayn and thought, oh you had hippie parents too? pfft
    If my parents named me Rayn, I'd change it to Rain and speak in somber haiku all the time. I'd also move my hair from my face with every sillable so you could see the dark guyliner and how serious it makes me look.

I'd essentially look like Prince, but sad. Well... like Prince.

Quote Quote:
    He's a cutie.
    Uh oh! Buruma-chan is down with the swirl! SOMEONE's got Jungle Fever, lmao. *jokes, but curses the fact that despite being black, he's so damned light skinned he blushes as badly as a ginger schoolgirl*

Quote Quote:
    I made mine look just like me, too; fortunately an easy endeavor since I pretty much look like a ridiculous cartoon anyway. I don't have a shot of her in her pugilist gear, but that's OK because I hate her current outfit and can't wait to upgrade it asap. Here she is, all ready to go harvest some catalysts and HQ cotton bolls...
    Wow, she's goth. I like goth. Goth girls are hot, but you don't wanna talk to them usually because your parents will think she's a "bad girl". Which is fine, because no one ever actually imagines a rom-com style happy ending romance with a goth girl... they just imagine having scary, painful, awesome sex with them.

Or is that just me?

Quote Quote:
    She's just so cute in her frumpy little botanist outfit, I can't even. Straight off the commune, lol. I dye everything I can get my hands on purple so she is always color coordinated with her hair. Such a fashionable lass.
    Roan goes for blues mostly. I like blue. I'm so normal.

Quote Quote:
    I... I have missed you so much, ninjabaato-kun.
    *blushes* "W-well whatever! I didn't come back for you you know! But... I guess I'm glad to be back."

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I'm gonna learn EVERYTHING and just make my main character the perfect adventurer. I find myself screaming "WATA!!!" while punching giant tortoises in the face.
    Why is this not an option in the voice catalogue, I am so disappoint.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah. I can't expect there to be awesome black characters in anime, because there aren't enough blacks in Japan that manga-ka would actually care whether they're helping the young black fans relate to the characters better... but there've been some awesome black anime characters.
    I like Dutch from Black Lagoon. He's so cool.

Quote Quote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgxn0wZUOt4 Um... this is super racist. Maybe he isn't as awesome as I thought he was. And why the fuck does he have white hair? And he has butteflies turn into his armor!? That's worse than the damn flower petals!
    Yegads.
    Well... at least he has pretty pretty '80's eyelashes...

Quote Quote:
    (I named my chocobo Boco).
    ninjabaato-kun is kawaii as fuck

Quote Quote:
    I know right! I remember thinking "Awesome, this is like a manly version of Sailor Moon!"
    Then they started voguing while cherry blossom petals floated around them and I was all... "Hm. Those are some very pretty samurai. Is this intentional?"
    Oh, Japan; you and your fixation on/obsession with beautiful men. Thank you.

Quote Quote:
    Wouldn't doubt it. I watched older stuff than that (Macross originated in the 70's. Go Max!!)

*flailing*

MACROSS!!

*more flailing*

Oh ninjabaato-kun you are so very deculture.

... And oh dear Lord I remember when it was Robotech...

Quote Quote:
    If my parents named me Rayn, I'd change it to Rain and speak in somber haiku all the time. I'd also move my hair from my face with every sillable so you could see the dark guyliner and how serious it makes me look.
    And you'd sit in the cafe sipping your coffee between jotting down new haiku in your hand-made journal, pretending that you don't notice when people notice you... but drooping if they don't.

Quote Quote:
    This is what it sounds like when ninjabaato-kun cries.
    (it sounds like smudged eyeliner)

Quote Quote:
    Uh oh! Buruma-chan is down with the swirl! SOMEONE's got Jungle Fever, lmao. *jokes, but curses the fact that despite being black, he's so damned light skinned he blushes as badly as a ginger schoolgirl*

Close?
    Quote Quote:
    Wow, she's goth. I like goth. Goth girls are hot
    Someone's got fishnet fever.

Quote Quote:
    but you don't wanna talk to them usually because your parents will think she's a "bad girl".
    Bad girls need love, too.

Quote Quote:
    Which is fine, because no one ever actually imagines a rom-com style happy ending romance with a goth girl... they just imagine having scary, painful, awesome sex with them.
    If they don't leave mute with terror, I feel as though the whole evening was a total loss.

Quote Quote:
    Or is that just me?

Quote Quote:
    Normal is good. So fun to corrupt. *Snidely*
    Blue is my second favorite after purple.
    Oh and black but that goes without saying. Thank God for gothic Woolite.

Quote Quote:
    *blushes* "W-well whatever! I didn't come back for you you know! But... I guess I'm glad to be back."
    What was that? It sounded like ninjabaato-kun... but that can't be. He's lost to me forever. Besides, his hands are calcified into Sony claws, there's no way he could be typing.
    Siiighhh...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*flailing*

MACROSS!!

*more flailing*

Oh ninjabaato-kun you are so very deculture.

... And oh dear Lord I remember when it was Robotech...
    "Life is only what we choose to make it... let us take it... let us be free..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA4KvjtwkXM

... Minmei tried to marry her cousin.

So! Final Fantasy stuff: You think its possible to switch my account to a PC one? I'd have to start all the way over, huh? My comp is more than powerful enough to handle it. I just wanted the trophies for PSN, lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

... Minmei tried to marry her cousin.
    Now that was a match made in heaven.

The one that gets stuck in my head is My Boyfriend is a Pilot. One of the worst anime earworms for me, ever. Huh... Macross is good for those... "Nyan nyan nyan nyan nihao nyan..."

Quote Quote:
    So! Final Fantasy stuff: You think its possible to switch my account to a PC one? I'd have to start all the way over, huh? My comp is more than powerful enough to handle it. I just wanted the trophies for PSN, lol.
    If you register it on the same account you can play your characters on both. :3

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    I've always wanted to have my name emblazoned on asses from here to Drybone.
    Just hope the Garleans don't decide to take out their clothing supplier... fictional villains always come up with the most reasonable plans.

Quote Quote:
    In other news, I am now a level 22 weaver, botanist, and fisherman.
    After a hardcore Fate marathon for roughly 6 hours I now have my lvl26 Thaumaturge... and I doubt I'll level that class ever again... pure damage casters are soooo boring... urgh! Arcanists are pretty cool though, I love shouting stuff like "PIKACHU USE THUNDER... TACKLE OF... LIGHTNING(!?)! at my pet.

That instant cast I got now was well worth it though, I already wouldn't be able to life without it anymore. Even leaving the instant raise aside, its just awesome to be able to cast Medica (group heal) every 60 seconds without the need to stand still.

Oh yeah and I got the honor to be in a group with "Asshooker Tanhoe"... you know... like Ashoka Tano from Clone Wars... hahaha... haha... ha..!

No idea how he even got that past the filter. Probably by some clever use of wrong grammar I forgot about

Quote Quote:
    Botany is finally getting better now that I'm actually getting stuff that's important to me. But damn is it still time consuming. I just get drunk and play really loud music to help the time go by.
    I guess that would be an option... too bad I'm a strict non-drinker, so I have to endure everything at full consciousness. Probably the reason why I'm going a bit more nutts with each passing year or so.

Quote Quote:
    I am loving the field/tradecraft leves. Especially since I'm getting really good at making HQ stuff to turn in. I'm getting filthy rich and I love it. I just wish they let you do more of them per day.
    I already ran out of them once, even though I had quite a few saved up from beta. Once that happens I usually just ignore my tradecrafts and focus on the battle classes... the leves pile up fairly quickly that way. Once you do the main quest to a certain point after the ifrit trial you can also chose your Grand Company (Ul'dah, Gridania, Limsa) and you can do a few supply missions for them every day. Yields nice tradecraft xp and company seals.

On a sidenode: Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn is a fucking badass... even that bodybuilder guy from Ul'dah with his scarred Zangief face got nothing on her. Against my better judgement I chose to side with the Gridania's though... because of silly stuff like imaginal character backgrounds

Quote Quote:
    Her drill is the drill that shall pierce through the next mouthy tank that gets all pissy with her mistress...

Quote Quote:
    Is that a euphemism for sex? Because if so I agree.
    It was euphemism for working with a shovel.

They're rebuilding a tennis club nearby and I got an odd job there. I usually prefer working with computers like mounting hardware and stuff, system cleanups, software installions and all the other overprized stuff those computer stores do because most people don't even know how to open up the casing... but they pay well and its good workout... so swinging a shovel for a change is ok as well.

And please... I don't get sweaty by the measly act of procreation...

I'm a runner and I also train with weight vests, ankle weights and backpacks crammed with 2 liter water bottles (I got that inspiration from Goku... and now someone dare say again watching anime isn't productive). I normally weigh around 140lbs but I'm used to something around 200.

The downside is that when I'm not wearing my weights my blood pressure drops low. My hands and feet are usually so cold people are always like O_O when they accidently make body contact. Coupled with my paleness that usually leads to various horrible vampire jokes... but I prefer to compare myself to lizards.

Quote Quote:
    Ack, don't people in your neck of the woods spay and neuter?? Get them things fixed!!
    Czech Republic... people here usually don't give a fuck about anything unless it involves alcoholic beverages or bribing

Quote Quote:

My cats love it when I am playing, they actually get lap time because it's one of the few things I'll sit still for long enough for them to get comfy.
    One of mine lives outside anyway because she's a total bitch and acts like she's fighting for her live whenever I try to apply pulicide (already had fleas in my bed because of her... an experience I'm not eager to repeat) and since unlike her mom she vehemently opposes to cooperate I was like "Ok miss, have it your way! But don't expect coming in and warming your butt at the radiator from now on!"

She's crazy though so she doesn't seem to care anyway. Her mom however is a nice cat! She's always sleeping in my room, doesn't try to claim my bed even if I leave her alone and she's not even trying to disrupt me when she sees I'm busy with the computer... and generally she's scared as shit by everything that isn't me (even if its smaller then her or inanimate). I guess one could say she's kind of like Hinata.

Quote Quote:

Spoiler show

Looks like it keeps her warm... maybe you should get some of those bikini's from the current event instead? Although thats kind of boring anyway when everyone runs around with the same generic body that only differs in boob size (give us more sliders Square!!)

Quote Quote:
    Yay! Should we re-title it? How about, "The Thread Where LnDrash, ninjabot, and Bloomerwedgies Talk About Final Fantasy XIV (among other things)"
    Hey... thats not true! We had 3c asking if the game is any good and Orochimaru came in trying to grab ninjabaato's ass cheecks. The thread is very popular!

Quote Quote:
    Why would you want to?? You'll instantly become a total git who would actually tell someone to go play Hello Kitty! Nooooo!!
    I'm actually mainly a tank player... or preferably tank/healer hybrids, but those are rarely available. My second favorite classes are utility healers... you know... the ones that aren't complete one-dimensional heal-slaves and get some tools to kick butt as well. Luckily that applies to both, White Mages and Scholars in this game.

Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Anyway... has anyone seen Odin yet? I'm scared shitless he's gonna pop behind me one day and attack me and Boco (I named my chocobo Boco).
    Yes... just a few hours ago in the south shroud. Damn that guy is actually kind of scary, since the whole zone suddenly gets a grayish/green aura with glowflies... and you instantly know something bad is in the air... its actually pretty damn similar to Bleach when Ulquiorra was rousing his Reiatsu... creepy!

The encouter itself though was underwhelming. There were so many people ganging up on him it got my computer to the knees... which wasn't that bad. But at some point the game starts to blank out people and objects to save up resources... which means Odin was invisible and untargetable for me for over 50% of the fight. Needless to say I just got Bronze

The music was pretty damn epic though.

Quote Quote:

Quote Quote:
    Or is that just me?
    I think its just you. I wouldn't mind introducing a Marilyn Manson lookalike girlfriend to my parents... but then again... thats probably because I just love to provoke reactions out of people.

However, it certainly does have its benefits. Once rumor spreads there's a witch living at your house you won't be bothered by your neighbors anymore.

But given the fact that children seem to love Buruma-Chan she's probably not hardcore enough for the job... maybe application of some fake blood would help though!

Quote Quote:
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 11, 2013 at 02:30 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasho-sama
    Nooooo!!
    I'm actually mainly a tank player... or preferably tank/healer hybrids, but those are rarely available. My second favorite classes are utility healers... you know... the ones that aren't complete one-dimensional heal-slaves and get some tools to kick butt as well. Luckily that applies to both, White Mages and Scholars in this game.
    So... Kabuto and Tsunade? Closest class to resemble a Sasuke I an find is a... I guess Thaumaturge? Hm.

Quote Quote:
    But given the fact that children seem to love Buruma-Chan she's probably not hardcore enough for the job... maybe application of some fake blood would help though!
    I wouldn't be so sure. The witch from Hansel and Gretel used to give kids tons of candy to fatten them up for baking into little Children Pies. They just love her because she rides around in a van that says "Free Candy" on the side of it.

My friend thought they were saying "I'm blue, if I were green I would die." We haven't let the idiot live it down yet.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So... Kabuto and Tsunade? Closest class to resemble a Sasuke I an find is a... I guess Thaumaturge? Hm.
    Yeah thats what I'd probably play if there ever was a decent Naruto MMO. Although in more classic settings its mostly stuff like Valkyries, Wardens, Paladins... sometimes Druids and Shamans... depends on what kind of abilities the devs decide to grant those classes.

A Final Fantasy XIV class that resemble Sasuke? Right now I'd probably have to say none.

Thaumaturge's are wimps... they throw around fireballs and shit but when you come close and smack them they're like "AAAHHHHHH PLZZZZ DUNT HURT MEEEEEE!!"

Sasuke's nothing like that... he's an accomplished swordsman and acrobat that also channels elemental "magic".

Most likely he'd be something like the Herald of Xotli from Age of Conan or some magic oriented Assassin class like Spellswords. Closest Final Fantasy XIV offers right now would be Dragoon or Pugilist... which is still pretty far off.

However, if this game ends up being anything like the first Final Fantasy Online, they'll add a shitload of classes anyway. Ninja, Samurai, Black Knight... I'm pretty sure at the very least those three will make it into the game at some point since they are more or less recurring regulars.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/L...antasy_XI_Jobs

^My guess is we'll see most of those again sooner or later.

Quote Quote:
    I wouldn't be so sure. The witch from Hansel and Gretel used to give kids tons of candy to fatten them up for baking into little Children Pies. They just love her because she rides around in a van that says "Free Candy" on the side of it.
    She has cats... she can't be that bad...

Spoiler show

Nevermind...
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you register it on the same account you can play your characters on both. :3
    Really?

And it IS cheaper to get the PC version... I'd only be paying one monthly fee too, right?
    Ugh. But I'm saving for my PS4. Can I really afford to buy the same game twice?

Yeah. Especially since I didn't pre-order the system. I've gotta wait for them to be available so that's gonna give me more time to save, lol.

@Rasho-sama: Yeah... I figure Red Mage is more Sasuke-esque. But there's nothing like that in FFXIV.
    Unless I can learn a few magic spells as Thaumaterge to throw out with my Monk, which likely would be worthless thanks to prioritizing strength over any other stat.
    I'm hoping for a type of Engineer class so we can all wear armor like the Garleans. Like FF style Darth Vaders. Also some kind of gunner class, beast tamer class, and maybe like a geomage.

I hope they do a voter's poll to pick what new classes we want at least once.

And DEAR GOD I have to stop going over to the Bleach section. That "How Strong Is Byakuya" thread is making me want to gouge out my eyes. Seriously, check out some of the shit they're claiming over there. It's... AGH!!!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And DEAR GOD I have to stop going over to the Bleach section. That "How Strong Is Byakuya" thread is making me want to gouge out my eyes. Seriously, check out some of the shit they're claiming over there. It's... AGH!!!
    You actually go there..?

I'm more then "satisfied" with the Naruto section. I think since I registered I posted like twice in the One Piece section (although One Piece spoilers are actually the reason I came here for in the first place lulz) and despite Fairy Tail having grown into my favorite ongoing series my average activity there matches something like one post per month.

And please... who cares if Byakuya is stronger then Kenpachi or not..? Everybody knows Kenpachi just doesn't give a fuck and would win anyway

I'm hoping for a type of Engineer class so we can all wear armor like the Garleans. Like FF style Darth Vaders. Also some kind of gunner class, beast tamer class, and maybe like a geomage.
    If they give us a class that can utilize Garlean Armor that would be one of the few damagers I'd play in a heartbeat. Although I think a comparison to Jango and Boba Fett would be more appropriate then Darth Vader!

Anyway, as for my most recent dungeon endeavors:

I'm making a habbit out of it proclaiming need on every item that drops. No... not by actually pushing the need button (thats impossible anyway) but in case a sword drops and the tank gets it I'll usually say something like "Hey... How dare you take that!? I need that to cut my cheese!" or if an Arcanist Grimoire drops "I want to read that! Give it to me!".

Obviously most people just can't help but to take this dead serious and get all pissy because they think I want to take away their new shinies (never mind the fact there's 0% chance I could actually do that because A) I can't even roll need and B) the stuff gets bound to the one who picks it up).

I also got into a group with Auron Uchiha und some other guy who called himself Cendor Uchiha or something like that. One of them a cat boy gladiator and the other one a green hulk pugilist.

It was once again a Temple run and as expected we had the usual casualties at the first boss due to that instant kill doom debuff. After the third wipe the tank said: "I didn't see any glowing platforms". To which I replied: "Maybe there's something wrong with your Sharigan? Just swap eyes with Cendor to make sure! Although I could see why you wouldn't want that... given that he's wearing an eye-patch thats most probably not the best deal for you."

Along the course of the dungeon I made numerous other Uchiha references like that... and one could notice how those guys are getting annoyed... although I have no idea why... probably they were thinking I'm mocking them.

The Thaumaturge totally jumped onto the wagon though and asked stuff like "Hey Uchiha bro's? Why are you guys so quiet? Don't be mad bro's!"

*silence*

I had to console the poor Thaumaturge by saying "Don't worry, its not our fault! Its just that Uchiha's don't have humor... to them we're just annoying pests they have to endure."

Thaumaturge: "What!? Is that true Cendor?? I thought we were friends!"

*silence*

Me: "Sadly it is... ask Sasuke about it... true story."

Thaumaturge: "Which one? There are so many on my server."

Cendor (finally): "Omg can't you just shut up and play????"

Needless to say we didn't and they had to endure us having fun a whole lot longer
    Last edited by LnDRash; September 13, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast