Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So... how did Yhwach get to this millennia as a human? really?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

So... how did Yhwach get to this millennia as a human? really?

This is quite a freaky question, since as far we all know, so far, Yhwach, aka Juha Bach, is a human.
    He's still somewhat young/middle aged, and yet, here we are, a whole millennium later, and he's just standing there, lively as ever, as a human... Something isn't adding up.

The easy answer would be that Yhwach was sealed, and as such, even he as a human managed to stay alive for a 1000 years.
    However, was that really the case? Is this really what happened?

Another question would be if Yhwach is even still human if he was sealed for a 1000 years, or if it was intentional or forced on him?

How is this related to him having to withdraw the first attack on Soul Society due to time restrictions? Can't he leave Vandenreich for too long for some reason?
    Whats the deal with that?

Why is Yhwach still around and kicking, when it seems that many of the current Quincies are normally ageing?
    Perhaps they really did stop ageing and we're just percieving them as normal ageing?

Alright, so here's the deal, all these questions are sort of appetizers, but in general, this thread is all about Yhwach and Quincies ageing and mystery behind it.

If the Quincies are to be an opposite power and rival government system to that of Soul Society, then wouldn't it make sense if Quincies had long lifespans as well?
    Would it raelly work, if a young and normal aged Quincy, went up against a milennia old Shinigami?

I'm quite curious to what everyone think how it all works, I got my opinions as well, but I would like to stay objective as far possible in this, at least in the first post.

So, what do you all think? How did Yhwach get to this century? Was it intentional? Who made the 999 song of Yhwach's return?
    Last edited by Quantized; September 08, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So... how did Yhwach get to this millennia as a human? really?

Yhwach might be the only Quincy who isn't actually human at all. Since Quincy powers began with him, he must have acquired them in some way that differs from the rest of them. He might have been born human and gained the power somehow, or been born with them. Hmmm...

Anyway, since he's spent the better part of the past millennium in a death-like state, in a sense he's not technically 1000 years old. He might only have spent 40-something years actually alive, in which case he's not all that inhuman. Well, except for the being semi-dead and reviving 900 years later thing... Which definitely needs it's own explanation. But the fact that it was exactly 900 years to start living again, 99 years to start thinking again, and 9 years to regain his powers makes it sound methodical, if you know what I mean. That the numbers were so precise makes it like it could have been some kind of ritual, which makes me wonder if it's something he's done more than once to preserve his lifespan. Yama's well over 2000 years old, maybe his past with Yhwach goes back further than those 1000 years we know about. The fact that Shinigami and Quincy are apparently direct opposites means that they might have emerged at the same time, which would mean Yhwach is as old as Shinigami in general. Just a thought.

Still, the fact that he even needs a successor suggests that he's not immortal. Although if he does go into a slumber state regularly, it might just be that he needs someone to watch over his empire while he's absent. Who knows? But about Quincy ageing in general, with everything else they're capable of, it wouldn't surprise me if they found a way to sustain themselves beyond the normal human lifespan using their powers.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Yhwach might be the only Quincy who isn't actually human at all. Since Quincy powers began with him, he must have acquired them in some way that differs from the rest of them. He might have been born human and gained the power somehow, or been born with them. Hmmm...

Anyway, since he's spent the better part of the past millennium in a death-like state, in a sense he's not technically 1000 years old. He might only have spent 40-something years actually alive, in which case he's not all that inhuman. Well, except for the being semi-dead and reviving 900 years later thing... Which definitely needs it's own explanation. But the fact that it was exactly 900 years to start living again, 99 years to start thinking again, and 9 years to regain his powers makes it sound methodical, if you know what I mean. That the numbers were so precise makes it like it could have been some kind of ritual, which makes me wonder if it's something he's done more than once to preserve his lifespan. Yama's well over 2000 years old, maybe his past with Yhwach goes back further than those 1000 years we know about. The fact that Shinigami and Quincy are apparently direct opposites means that they might have emerged at the same time, which would mean Yhwach is as old as Shinigami in general. Just a thought.

Still, the fact that he even needs a successor suggests that he's not immortal. Although if he does go into a slumber state regularly, it might just be that he needs someone to watch over his empire while he's absent. Who knows? But about Quincy ageing in general, with everything else they're capable of, it wouldn't surprise me if they found a way to sustain themselves beyond the normal human lifespan using their powers.
    I agree with this! I think Yhwach and the Soul King are something akin to 'gods', whereas Quincies and Shinigami are something akin to 'demi-gods'. I doubt Kubo would go into such realms, but I might be wrong and they may turn out to be some kind of extra-terrestrials (perhaps that's a bit too superman-ish). Either way, it could even turn out that Yhwach and the Soul King belong to exactly the same race; the only difference between the Quincies and Shinigami is that the Quincies are living beings (Human-based), and the Shinigami are dead (Plus-based). Hell, go one step further and perhaps even the Hollows came from these 'gods' somehow.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

The simplest answer would be, Yhwach is a soul. Just like Pluses and Soul Reapers. That's why he ages slowly. Maybe he was born in SS.

I'm more curious if the same applies to other Wandenreich Quincies. Yhwach said they retreated to SS and hid in shadows 1000 years ago, so what does that make them? Were they humans, and then they died there and became slow-aging souls? Were they souls from the start? Are they living flesh-and-blood humans after all, and Quincies do age slowly? Or maybe they are a recent generation of Quincies and were born in Wandenreich?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, juhabach and the other quincy should be at their core fundamentally human. I think the key is that juhabach and the other quincy fled the human world to SS. In order for a human to go to SS the human in question has to have his body converted into a soul. We saw that back when ishida, chad and orihime went to sereitei to rescue rukia. I think the quincy just converted themselves into souls in pretty much the same manner and just kinda stayed that way. Once their physical bodies were turned into the stuff souls are made out off they simply stayed that way and started playing by the rules of souls when it comes to aging.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Nah, juhabach and the other quincy should be at their core fundamentally human. I think the key is that juhabach and the other quincy fled the human world to SS. In order for a human to go to SS the human in question has to have his body converted into a soul. We saw that back when ishida, chad and orihime went to sereitei to rescue rukia. I think the quincy just converted themselves into souls in pretty much the same manner and just kinda stayed that way. Once their physical bodies were turned into the stuff souls are made out off they simply stayed that way and started playing by the rules of souls when it comes to aging.
    That happened? I completely forgot...

Well, that would definitely explain it. Plus, Captain-class Shinigami don't come by often at all, when you take into consideration how long most of them have held their position. So it would be odd for Sternritter-class Quincy to be any more common, yet they outnumbered Captains about 2 to 1, before some of them got killed. If they had human lifespans, it would have to mean that Quincy of that level are born at a relatively high frequency. It kind of makes more sense if some of them are as old as their Shinigami counterparts.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; September 09, 2013 at 07:09 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

He's an alien from the secret world of the Quincies. His original people cast him way because he rebelled against the Qunicy King. It is the most closely guarded secret in the Spirt World, Soel Soceity, and Bach's self secret as well. No body but Yamamoto, the Spirit King, and Bach knew about it. He's in Soul Soceity for his 10,000 year long probation away from his old world. And on his home planet, his a middle class fighter.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the ywach of old is different from the current ywach

If not, then it would be very easy for him to reduce ichigo's fighting power. He can just withdraw his quincy powers from him. It is for the same reason he needs ishida, who is an original quincy, whos powers are related to the original ywach.

There is certainly more to what has already been told to us.

visit me here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is Yhwach goes into slumbers to pause his aging while letting someone else run the empire. Then he comes back like Jesus, sees how things are going, and tries to find a way to stop his aging (like doing something with the Spirit King) while he still has time.

This explains why he has two big candidates for his succession (Haschwaldt and Uryuu) because if he becomes the Spirit King he won't be able to be the emperor, or if that fails he'll still age which will have to mean another long slumber.
    So either way he can't stay active in the seat as an emperor for much more.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post

After reading your comment here, I got to thinking that maybe, Ywhach was originally a shinigami and his powers just happened to be "Quincy". Sort of like this, if Yamamoto took his powers and created his own side of justice or whatever and went into revolt. After all, Ywhach and Yamamoto existed before there was even a Gotei 13 and most likely before there was even, Zanpakuto.

Also, has me wondering (if this hasn't been mentioned already) how old really, are the members of the Zero Division.

Yhwach's quincy power could be revolved around "immortality" or "resurrection", which also has me thinking, Uryuu is being used more or less as the next vessel for Yhwach to end the world in. Kind of like what Orchimaru tried to do with Sasuke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my take to this is that Bach and co of the SR are actually souls. Which means theay all are not alive in a human sense anymore. Bach said it himself the last living Quincy is Uryuu besides Ryuuken. WHich can only mean that the Quincy's are souls like the Shinigamis.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bach never said anything about ryuken as far as I recall. Bach called ishida the only surviving quincy but that was alluding to ishida being the only quincy who survived the selection. Ryuken was a pureblood quincy so he was never really targeted.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member druzod's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Juha Bach is a soul (like all the shinigamis and him are basically human souls living and breathing), he might have lived in soul society with the shinigamis in peace working them accepting to protect the humans and the shinigamis from the evil hollows.
    But one day Juha Bach and his fellow new quincies converted from souls to quincy souls decided to go against the rules imposed by the Shinigami King and instead of purifying hollow souls and sending them to society like shinigamis, they decided to exterminate them and so began the dispute, the war, their extermination and the exclusion from soul society of all quinciy souls.
    Last edited by druzod; September 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Release the World Engine!

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a simple queston. He is a human in spiritual reallm aka he is made of reshi so he is basicaly a soul so of coures he will age at the speed of a shinigami and not a human

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope, Kubo does, Yhwach's backstory. Especially, his past history with Yamamoto.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast