Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 160 Discussion/161 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 160 Discussion/161 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, we haven't even seen Aleksai since Baam OHKOed him. He didn't even participate in the tournament, so he may just be really injured or something. I don't even know if he'd count, although he would have a ring, so he ostensibly should count as one of Baam's friends.
    Guess we'll have to see if this part of the tournament allows gamblers to use someone who lost in the previous round or simply didn't participate, since this is sort of like a bonus round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I think they'll probably go after everybody they can get to. Which won't be many after all. The top 5 of E-Rank are...
    • Anak
    • Androssi
    • Ran
    • Chang
    • Varagarv (Hates FUG)

Among all of those only Chang is really even a potential assassin for FUG (and it seems unlikely given his personality). And his buddy Quaetro is actually related to red haired test administrator, Quant, that should have come down with Leero. So a very large chunk of the heaviest hitters don't seem to be on FUG's side here.
    Wouldn't be too sure. I mean we know that Baam is easily top 5 yet no one really knew about him. Chances are that Reflejo is also top 5 or above, so if FUG snuck in some gamblers to take out the S1 team then they would have accounted for the powerhouses they would need to take out. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we learn everything we know about the mad dog from Reflejo? If he planned on going behind Baam''s back and killing the S1 team then he could have given Baam false info on the mad dog. Seems slightly strange to give Baam info on a potential powerful ally when Reflejo should be aware that Baam most likely wants to find any way out of FUG.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@ukimix
    I don't think that Reflejo is Naraka because N. is shorter, but they might be in the same "faction" in FUG due to their mask, and seen that Naraka's subordinate had a strange shadow too :-P

I'm also curious to see what Wolhaiksong's plan is, seen that Leero-ro his working for them now and Mazino has someone controlling Baam at the moment...I'm really expecting them to interfer with FUg's plan at a certain point of this battle XD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Kill Viole's teammates at the tournament tomorrow."

Viole's teammates, as opposed to Baam's friends. The bet is between the two FUG factions, with one supporting Reflejo's team and the other Team Tangsooyuk, so it's Team Tangsooyuk they intend to kill off. I'm sure they won't hesitate to kill anyone who gets in their way, but I think the focus is on Team Tangsooyuk.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Right now I wonder so much about FUG strategy, as many others here. Reflejo says that they don't need any more to bother with the rules of the tournament, and to tell the gamblers to kill Viole's team mates. What would have happened if Baam's friends don't contact him? And what for they needed the rules of the tournament?
    It's not the rules of the tournament, it's the rules of the bet between the FUG factions of Jinsung and Karaka. Apparently part of their internal rules was that they wouldn't utilize outside sources in the tournament, keeping it as a legitimate competition between the two teams. Rak (or maybe Yihwa) revealing that Viole is Baam is a breach of the rules of the bet, so apparently it's now dissolved and each side can do as it pleases. If Baam's friends didn't contact him they may have just played out the tournament, but it's clear they were anticipating that it would happen. I don't see how Hwa Ryun could have not anticipated Rak going crazy so this may have been intended on Jinsung's side as well, but it seems like an awfully risky move for multiple reasons.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing chapter. The long-awaited meeting between Rak and Baam, and Androssi's handling of the situation. It was done perfectly. I've always been somewhat curious about Reflejo, but now I can't wait to see his role and his abilities, I'm expecting quite a bit at this point. Add Beta and Leero-ro to the situation, and anything can happen.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Jammin show

Your list is pretty good. I also want some casualties on both sides (Team Ship and Tangsooyook). Thing is that I don't want two teams, where one lacks screentime. The abstinence of Team Ship before the Workshop battle was one of the negative aspects in Season 2 in my view. It will be interesting to see how SIU will handle all those characters/both teams after this arc. A "fusion" won't work out in my opinion, but on the other hand I don't want certain characters to be separated (again).

Oh yeah... Cassano has written "dead in 3...2...1..." all over his face, lol.

Spoiler: Jammin show

I have to agree with abc1233 here. The Top 5 list is not really credible. We know for fact that Baam is superior to most of them. And it's heavily implied that Aguero is superior to Chang. But it seems that Baam and Aguero both lack actual "recorded" feats to put them on the list. I would guess that Baam fought very efficiently most of the times (minimal effort to reach his goal), while Aguero was more of an operator rather than a fighter in the front lines, like he himself said. There could be plenty of people who could give our stronger protagonists a run for their money. Not to mention that we have the Blood Tamara and the White Heavenly Mirror as wildcards.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    "Kill Viole's teammates at the tournament tomorrow."

Viole's teammates, as opposed to Baam's friends. The bet is between the two FUG factions, with one supporting Reflejo's team and the other Team Tangsooyuk, so it's Team Tangsooyuk they intend to kill off. I'm sure they won't hesitate to kill anyone who gets in their way, but I think the focus is on Team Tangsooyuk.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

It's not the rules of the tournament, it's the rules of the bet between the FUG factions of Jinsung and Karaka. Apparently part of their internal rules was that they wouldn't utilize outside sources in the tournament, keeping it as a legitimate competition between the two teams. Rak (or maybe Yihwa) revealing that Viole is Baam is a breach of the rules of the bet, so apparently it's now dissolved and each side can do as it pleases. If Baam's friends didn't contact him they may have just played out the tournament, but it's clear they were anticipating that it would happen. I don't see how Hwa Ryun could have not anticipated Rak going crazy so this may have been intended on Jinsung's side as well, but it seems like an awfully risky move for multiple reasons.
    Maybe, but Reflejo did refer to them as Viole's "past teammates" rather than his "friends", and the bet was only made with Koon and Team Wangnan, his past teammates shouldn't have been involved so it's strange why that was included as a clause in the bet, unless if they'll use that as evidence of Koon revealing things when he wasn't meant to. If this was all planned by Jinsung then chances are that this clause in the bet could have been a hindrance to him too, maybe he's enlisted his own outside help, though I agree it is pretty risky. Heck, maybe they're planning on going after both teams, Viole stepped out of line by speaking to them so it could serve as a reminder of FUG's control.

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Your list is pretty good. I also want some casualties on both sides (Team Ship and Tangsooyook). Thing is that I don't want two teams, where one lacks screentime. The abstinence of Team Ship before the Workshop battle was one of the negative aspects in Season 2 in my view. It will be interesting to see how SIU will handle all those characters/both teams after this arc. A "fusion" won't work out in my opinion, but on the other hand I don't want certain characters to be separated (again).

Oh yeah... Cassano has written "dead in 3...2...1..." all over his face, lol.

I have to agree with abc1233 here. The Top 5 list is not really credible. We know for fact that Baam is superior to most of them. And it's heavily implied that Aguero is superior to Chang. But it seems that Baam and Aguero both lack actual "recorded" feats to put them on the list. I would guess that Baam fought very efficiently most of the times (minimal effort to reach his goal), while Aguero was more of an operator rather than a fighter in the front lines, like he himself said. There could be plenty of people who could give our stronger protagonists a run for their money. Not to mention that we have the Blood Tamara and the White Heavenly Mirror as wildcards.
    Beta could be one of those who belong in the top 5, it's already been implied that he could be stronger than Cassano and Horyang and they're probably the closest to the top 5 we've seen so far. He did say he wanted to take part in the workshop battle and this came right after Reflejo's speech about all rules being off, so he could be working with FUG.
    Last edited by abc1233; September 16, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Beta could be one of those who belong in the top 5, it's already been implied that he could be stronger than Cassano and Horyang and they're probably the closest to the top 5 we've seen so far. He did say he wanted to take part in the workshop battle and this came right after Reflejo's speech about all rules being off, so he could be working with FUG.
    But Beta can't just participate in the tournament now, can he? The teams and their members were set before the start of the tournament. I don't think you can "recruite" new members as you please during the tournament.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    But Beta can't just participate in the tournament now, can he? The teams and their members were set before the start of the tournament. I don't think you can "recruite" new members as you please during the tournament.
    Maybe not officially but after expressing his interests in participating, he must have some role in the upcoming battles even if that is interfering in a match illegally.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    @ukimix
    I don't think that Reflejo is Naraka because N. is shorter, but they might be in the same "faction" in FUG due to their mask, and seen that Naraka's subordinate had a strange shadow too :-P

I'm also curious to see what Wolhaiksong's plan is, seen that Leero-ro his working for them now and Mazino has someone controlling Baam at the moment...I'm really expecting them to interfer with FUg's plan at a certain point of this battle XD
    We'll know it in the following chapters. I don't see an impediment in the height. But, beyond the similarity on the shadows, also it's possible the poken is commanded by several FUG members.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh hell , who isnt part of the top 5 e-ranks ??

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end I think that Reflejo wants to kill them all!Baam's first friends and his last team. I can't see any reason to let any of the two team survive, but that's why things are getting interesting. Rak is telling Androssi everything he knows, and seen that the tournament format has changed, we can expect the two team to collaborate/fuse to win and go against FUG once and for all.
    The big variable will be Mad Dog's team, but won't be surprised if some of them are associated with Wolhaiksong and they are there to test Baam/Viole's true motives and character.....

I'm also curious to see in which team Beta is supposed to go....any guess guys?

There's something that is really bothering me but i can't come up with anything on it....Why do Wangnang and Karaka have the same RED RING with ZAHARD CREST???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Yans86; September 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not officially but after expressing his interests in participating, he must have some role in the upcoming battles even if that is interfering in a match illegally.
    That's what I fear though. An illegal intervention will most likely occur, but I would definitely not like it. It shouldn't be that easy to not only enter a test illegally, but also roam around freely without anyone stopping him. But with all this corruption it's nearly impossible to get a clean test I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Yans86 View Post
    I'm also curious to see in which team Beta is supposed to go....any guess guys?
    Beta can't join a team, because the teams and their members were already set. He was never an official participant in this tournament, therefore he can't/shouldn't take part in it in their advanced stage. As far as we know, Beta follows his own interests. Regardless of what he will do in the upcoming chapters and which team will profit from his actions, he will do it illegally and as a not permitted participant. This is of course based on a scenario, where his actions influences the ongoing tournament.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's official. In the company translation Reflejo's orders don't give much room for doubt.

Apparently he is ordering the deaths of "all" of Baam's former teammates. Which I gotta say is pretty dumb. I mean, how does he see that playing out if he succeeded?

Reflejo: Baam, all your friends are dead.
    Baam: My friends....
    Reflejo: You belong to FUG now.
    Baam: How do you figure?
    Reflejo: Well, because if you don't we'll hurt your....oh crap.
    *sound of Baam ripping off Reflejo's man parts*
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

... To me, it's a truly sign of geniality that one of the most tough, hard, powerful characters I've seen like Rak, has cried his tears and get that emotional, in such a believable way… the drawings of his eyes, tears and hand grabbing Baam was just... really beautiful.

Now Androssi went from being alert to anger to surprise to strategically thinking to blushing and feeling some butterflies in her stomach and at the end back to the strategic mode… I guess only Baam can do something like that to someone like her …

Anyway, talking about women feelings, being as lacking of feelings as XiaXia is, I bet that Novik should have to be squeezing the bunnies and pushing the rabbit ears in order to be able to get her drunk… Nothing to do with feelings for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    It's official. In the company translation Reflejo's orders don't give much room for doubt.

Apparently he is ordering the deaths of "all" of Baam's former teammates. Which I gotta say is pretty dumb. I mean, how does he see that playing out if he succeeded?

Reflejo: Baam, all your friends are dead.
    Baam: My friends....
    Reflejo: You belong to FUG now.
    Baam: How do you figure?
    Reflejo: Well, because if you don't we'll hurt your....oh crap.
    *sound of Baam ripping off Reflejo's man parts*
    Well, Viole’s former friends are not all the friends he has, and Horyang and the others certainly have had a role in soften Baam’s feelings; we have seen how he cares about them. But I think Reflejo’s decision makes clear that they won’t need Baam’s friends anymore to persuade him in order to get that he does what they need him to do. That could be the case, if the way in which FUG pretends to own Baam is depriving him of his will. So, the theory that they want the demon inside the tank dominates Baam is a chance to get that. They want Baam to be a mere object, a tool or a weapon that they could use at will.

Now I'm more sure that Yuto is Hwa Ryun. Both factions, Reflejo/Karaka' and Ha Jinsung' should had to have his representative in the tourney, in order to keep safe their agreement. And sure Ha Jinsug should have to know what will be Reflejo's next move. I wonder what he and Hwa will do about it.

Anyone has an idea of why Horyang couldn’t move his feet there?
    Last edited by ukimix; September 20, 2013 at 11:37 AM.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I always got the impression that the FUG and their plan is some kind of... stupid and/or flawed?

Before the tournament I thought it doesn't make sense to force an irregular (by threatening what's most important to him) to join the FUG and become a "god". I mean, what will this guy probably do the instant he becomes one of the strongest beings in the Tower? Carry out FUG's plan or annihilate every single member of the FUG? I guess the latter. At least that's what I would do.

But later it was revealed that the FUG plans on taking control over Baam. That made their plan sound a little bit better. Still, with everything what was said and stated about irregulars, I would be very careful about what will work on an irregular.

What FUG is trying to do now is a huge gamble. Baam would rather commit suicide than following FUG after they killed all of his friends. This time FUG is going all in and I hope they will fail like all the previous gamblers who went all in.

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast