Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kubukurin's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

> short toc
    > popularity pool
    > cover of NEXT so it will be basically on every cover of september and october's issues
    > more than 250.000 copies every volume
    > strong fanzine market
    > fujoshi

Yep HQ is in danger.

The big announce is the HQ anime, but don't mind me I'm just a fella who thinks that TOC really matters for new series and the ones aging badly (ehm Beelzebub, Mago, Medaka)
    Last edited by Kubukurin; September 10, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zogobob View Post
    I had not even thought of this. Whoa. I hope so.
    I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be that. I know Naruto is heading toward the climax, but it is impossible for Naruto to end within next few chapters with that current story.

I think Naruto will most likely going to end on next year, not this year.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto could end within a chapter or 50 more. depending on how fair kishi wants to stretch it. he already brought back all dead characters, why stopping there and not bringing back their parents and grandparents. its not like he is limited to be reasonable or good at it anymore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the big news is the start of one-shots world contest (remember?), the delivery deadline was October.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

A soprt's anime is not done so fast, Slam Dunk's anime took it's 2 years and 11 months ~ to start and it was a success even before the anime.
    Eyeshield 21 took 2y5m to be made into an anime as well and from those sport manga and PoT we can deduce that it will take a little longer for those to become anime since every chapter can be covered in much less time in anime since there is a lot of movement and less dialogue.

Take KnB for example the anime did ~3 chapters per episode since after episode 25 we are 73 chapters into the manga and there are events from further chapters that were shown in season 1.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Inumaru's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The end of Karasuno x Seijou match is a nice way to finish the first season of Haikyu's anime.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wintercry View Post
    Area no Kishi and New Prince of Tennis isn't from the same magazine/management as Haikyuu, the former isn't even from the same publisher to begin with, so your line of reasoning is worse than his. Besides, Area no Kishi had around 200-300 chapters at the time it was animated and Magazine doesn't have any other anime besides FT running at the time so wynaut in that regard.

Don't forget good ol' Hunter x Hunter, it is still running and officially belongs to Jump. And maybe even the Saiki flash anime--if that amounts to much.
    No, your "line of reasoning is worse". Kuroko is a sports manga, it is from Jump, and it had less than 200 chapters when it's anime was announced. Nobody cares about how many chapters HQ has. It's only going to get a one or two cour anime anyway. Nisekoi did not get an anime "early" because it was romance, that is ridiculous. It has more than enough chapters for a 12 - 24 episode anime (probably 12), there was no point in waiting for chapters that won't be animated for years, if they ever are. The same applies for HQ. Genre doesn't have anything to do with it.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i for one am sure that everyone is right except those who are totally wrong. it matters that high kyuu!! is low, but not enough *yet*. time and animation will tell of its true fate.

also side note daijirou inoue (Mutou Black) is an assistant of Masahiro Hirakata (rookie policewoman kiruko-san). and it romanises as Shinmai Fukei KILLCO-san. today's comic package has been WEIRD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No, your "line of reasoning is worse". Kuroko is a sports manga, it is from Jump, and it had less than 200 chapters when it's anime was announced. Nobody cares about how many chapters HQ has. It's only going to get a one or two cour anime anyway. Nisekoi did not get an anime "early" because it was romance, that is ridiculous. It has more than enough chapters for a 12 - 24 episode anime (probably 12), there was no point in waiting for chapters that won't be animated for years, if they ever are. The same applies for HQ. Genre doesn't have anything to do with it.
    The guy didn't cite Kuroko as an example, I corrected him since his given examples were off; how is that an error in my reasoning?
    Also, regarding Kuroko, you're saying that Kuroko had around 200 chapters when it got an anime actually supports my reasoning. A sports manga in Jump with around 200 is a lot already. If you still failed to understand: You said Kuroko had less than 200 when it was animated. You made it sound small, but it is already a lot in case you don't know. It's also not like I advocated that "genre has to do with animation selections," I merely reiterate that most sports manga get animated when they stacked years worth of chapters. It may not have been an actual fact, but evident to that were the majority of Jump sports series only getting an anime when they stacked up chapters; take it as a hypothesis. So how does that contradicts my own reasoning?
    Last edited by xi0; September 10, 2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Flamebaiting, warned

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? His point was genre has nothing to so with when/if a manga gets an anime adaptation. Like you said, what you're saying is a hypothesis. The be all, end all is popularity and that's it...

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Administrator message by: xi0
    Can we please refrain from personal attacks when arguing? Thanks.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, regarding Kuroko, you're saying that Kuroko had around 200 chapters when it got an anime actually supports my reasoning. A sports manga in Jump with around 200 is a lot already. If you still failed to understand: You said Kuroko had less than 200 when it was animated. You made it sound small, but it is already a lot in case you don't know.
    I did not say Kuroko had "about 200 chapters when it got an anime". I said it had less than 200 in September 2011, when the anime was announced. Volume 14 came out the first week of October 2011, less than a week after the anime was announced. That volume contained chapter 118-126. That is not "about" 200 chapters, but considerably less. Chapter 200 was serialized earlier this year, and was just compiled as part of volume 23, released on August 2. The most recent available raw was for chapter 228. On that timeline, Kuroko would have had about 200 chapters last December, when season two was announced.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Kuroko initially was not a success. For a long time it's rankings and sales were, at best, mediocre. It took a while to reach the level of success HQ (and Nisekoi) enjoyed relatively quickly. That is why it took almost three years to get an anime. There is no rule for when a manga is adapted to anime. Sometimes it is two years, sometimes three. Some series from less mainstream magazines take even longer than that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wintercry's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm still curious as to why you thought I'm contexting "genre has anything to do with which series gets an adaptation."
    Last edited by wintercry; September 10, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm still curious as to why he thought I'm contexting "genre has anything to do with which series gets an adaptation." At least tell me that.
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    i don't think hq!! will get a anime. nisekoi was more likely a expection, because romance stories tend to be shorter. a sports manga can easily go up to 300 chapters, with all the different tournaments. look how far eyeshield got with more and more ridiculous tournaments never mentioned before. hq on the other hand isn't anything that far, only playing around in the local area with some befriended school on training camps.
    The post you were responding to was responding to this post. The conversation you were participating in was about whether sports manga could not get anime as quickly because they tended to be longer.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people are assuming a lot when they say sports series need to have hundreds of chapters before adaptation, while stuff like comedy and romance need significantly less chapters. It's about popularity, and if anything else, pacing. Pacing doesn't have to be genre-specific 100% of the time.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is about popularity, and sports anime are not popular. Here is a listing of every currently airing anime (not including young children's programming):

http://anichart.net/airing

Notice that there are only two sports series. Ro-Kyu-Bu is based on a light novel, nobody watches it for the sports. Teekyuu is based on an manga, episodes are 2 minutes apiece. Studio's hesitate to animate sports manga, only adapting proven titles. Nisekoi was licensed so quickly because romance anime (including lovekome) are incredibly popular right now. It's a more desirable property than HQ.
    Last edited by Kaiten; September 10, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast