Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 74 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Okay. I guess I was exaggerating. Not an unlikely possibility though, given how unprecedentedly popular it's started off already.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a difference between popularity and hype. People need to temper their enthusiasm/judgments a bit here...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    There's a difference between popularity and hype. People need to temper their enthusiasm/judgments a bit here...
    Sure thing. Wouldn't want to go mixing the two again.
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think that for Isobe we should wait for the chapters around 5-6 rather than the first few ones, I think that for gag manga it's more important to keep a certain quality level (even if it's not amazing at the beginning), I mean, let's not forget how Kiruko-san ended despite all the hype ch 1 caused...
    Though, if ch 1 is catastrophic not much can be done though (*cough* Edison *cough*)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with people saying Isobe does not necessarily have to be popular once it is serialized.
    It might have been a unique one shot but that uniqueness can quickly fade away once it gets serialized. I'm not saying it will but it is a possibility.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Gag manga will be successful if they are funny and anachronism is easy to make good jokes. The first raw seems quite efficient even not translated.
    As for the sales, it will sell less than non gag manga because the genre is that way. Psi is very popular base on TOC but sell "only" around 80000.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Gag manga will be successful if they are funny and anachronism is easy to make good jokes. The first raw seems quite efficient even not translated.
    As for the sales, it will sell less than non gag manga because the genre is that way. Psi is very popular base on TOC but sell "only" around 80000.
    That's stating the obvious.
    My point was about how some think the unique nature and look of the series can alone get it to be successful. I'm just stating that this uniqueness can wear off easily.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    My point was about how some think the unique nature and look of the series can alone get it to be successful. I'm just stating that this uniqueness can wear off easily.

That is also stating the obvious...

In my opinion, I think Isobe is going to be a hit. The concept and premise sounds really interesting and the artwork really stands out (in a really good way). I'm getting the same vibe from this manga as I did from the debut of Assassination Classroom. Not saying that it will be a success because of this, but I have a feeling it's going to do better than most recent debuts.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Isobe was an immense coupld of one-shots, so I reckon it has the potential to live up to its pre-serialisation popularity and do great things, but keep in mind that gag manga need to *continue* being great, and we've got no guarantees as to how many solid jokes the author has inside of him. if that well dries up he's failed. Hopefully that isn't the case though, as I've come in enthralled by it, and want it to keep up that momentum

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 101nemesis View Post
    Yes and I'm telling you that gag based on anachronism will compensate. It's one of the biggest classic of gags.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Gintama will never be canceled:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post
    Honestly, even before the first chapter gets released, with, of all things, a flash anime that early, it feels like it's already as popular as AC, if not more.
    Out of curiosity: do you even know what a flash anime is? I can't imagine many of you do, otherwise you'd understand how utterly insignificant this is.

14. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Why Gintama will never be canceled:

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Out of curiosity: do you even know what a flash anime is? I can't imagine many of you do, otherwise you'd understand how utterly insignificant this is.
    Plus you know, Gintama still sells better than quite a bit of the newbies and oldies. So that's kind of important. Do you guys think after the movie was such a runaway hit that they're not going to bring back the anime? Once that happens again, Gintama is pretty much solid for at least another year or two.

Flash anime are pretty much the cotton candy of the animated world. They're exciting because they usually come with big announcements and fanfare just like an amusement park. Yeah they exist, and yeah they're nice to look at and partake of, but they're usually not very good/not good for you, and only a pit stop until something more filling is available.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Plus you know, Gintama still sells better than quite a bit of the newbies and oldies. So that's kind of important. Do you guys think after the movie was such a runaway hit that they're not going to bring back the anime? Once that happens again, Gintama is pretty much solid for at least another year or two.

Flash anime are pretty much the cotton candy of the animated world. They're exciting because they usually come with big announcements and fanfare just like an amusement park. Yeah they exist, and yeah they're nice to look at and partake of, but they're usually not very good/not good for you, and only a pit stop until something more filling is available.
    The one episode of Saiki Kusuo I saw was good (guess it was also seemingly a direct adaptation of a chapter anyway) but yeah, it just makes me wish we'd get an full lenght tv anime out of it.

Also wouldnt it, this new series, if it truly were that big, not be solely limited to the jump live platform...
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    I put Gintama way beyond sales, at this point. It's among the most beloved comedy franchises ever. I don't think it's a matter of two or three years, but as long as Sorachi wants to continue. And yeah, I expect a new season of the anime soon. Shinyaku Benizakura-hen in 2010, Gintama' in 2011, Enchousen (previously aired episodes, but still) in 2012, and Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare in 2013. There is something "new" every year. A new season in 2014 would not be surprising.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not sure everyone understands the situation, and why it is different than a normal anime announcement. Isobe has not been licensed by an animation studio, paying Jump for the right to adapt one of their manga. Jump is paying a studio to make them a flash anime. Flash Anime are simple, cheap anime created on Adobe Flash, a program no harder to learn than Photoshop. A Flash Anime is one step above a Vomic. Most episodes will probably only be two or three minutes long each. They will probably stream on the internet, seen only by a small audience, and never released on DVD or BD. Who knows how many chapters they will animate. I doubt more than five or six. This flash anime is not a sign of popularity. It's a publicity stunt, and nothing more. I doubt they even would do this for anything but a gag manga. Flash anime can not really capture the complicated movements needed for most Jump series.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Yes, I do know what a flash anime is. I watched the one for Inumarudashi (did you know WSJ has a YouTube account now?) and I've peaked at the one for Kusuo Saiki. I already know it's more the equivalent of a VOMIC as opposed to a full-fledged anime.

But even so, the fact remains that it was already announced from chapter 1, so alone, it's still something to note.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; October 17, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Thread Closed
Page 74 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast