Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2013-2014] - Discussion and TOC Talk

i actually like fillers more than stretched episodes. naruto was plagued with it since the beginning of shippuuden. some episode they just stand there and talk just so they can have 1 chapter for 1 episode. this doesn't work and didn't work in dragon ball z. fillers instead tell at least a story in a "right" pace, even thought they are meaningless for the overall story. sometime the mangaka adds stuff or gives a direction they could explore more.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the only site I found with anime ratings other than the top 10. http://www.geocities.jp/animesityouritu/

It has the ratings for anime series from 2000 till 2012, so it includes all of Bleach's ratings from beginning to end. Whether you want to take it as an "official" source or not is up to you guys.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bigivelfhq's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    i actually like fillers more than stretched episodes. naruto was plagued with it since the beginning of shippuuden. some episode they just stand there and talk just so they can have 1 chapter for 1 episode. this doesn't work and didn't work in dragon ball z. fillers instead tell at least a story in a "right" pace, even thought they are meaningless for the overall story. sometime the mangaka adds stuff or gives a direction they could explore more.
    The majority of Fillers aren't made by the mangaka.
    In reality I don't remember ever hearing of such a filler were the mangaka does the story. The most that I ever saw was Bleach Zanpakutou arc, I believe that Kubo made the designs, right?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivelfhq View Post
    The majority of Fillers aren't made by the mangaka.
    In reality I don't remember ever hearing of such a filler were the mangaka does the story. The most that I ever saw was Bleach Zanpakutou arc, I believe that Kubo made the designs, right?
    One Piece having several fillers where Oda dipped his hands in, iirc.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bigivelfhq's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    One Piece having several fillers where Oda dipped his hands in, iirc.

Only character designs! The producers always ask that for characters designs of new characters to keep the title environment. The difference in Bleach was that it was canon(I don't really know if they are still canon) characters designs of characters that were relevant for the main story, the Zanpakutos(And the number of character designs was more than normal).
    I remember a lot of publicity about that arc and Kubo participation, so maybe he was involved in the plot?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How could it be if it's so conflicting with the actual manga?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nearly 2 pages of conversation about Bleach. Unbelievable. -.-

Anyways I'm more looking forward to new anime developments such as Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma, which is more realistically possible of coming into fruition. An anime for World Trigger would also be really nice but it is still way too soon to be talking about it for this particular series (but not that doubtful considering the success it has been having lately).
    Last edited by Senkai; November 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Senkai View Post
    An anime for World Trigger would also be really nice but it is still way too soon to be talking about it for this particular series (but not that doubtful considering the success it has been having lately).
    Well, I'm not sure about WT's anime, but I feel like the author is trying to aim the game-adaptation for WT. This series kind of remind me certain game, especially with the current arc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

TV rating was not the main source of income for the Bleach anime. Actually the main reason why the anime lasted so long is because the DVDs sold a lots. I means the least sold Bleach DVD sold more than the One Piece and Naruto anime combine. In other word, the DVD sales have compensated the low TV Rating and the television broadcasting was only an gigantic ads for the DVD (and for the manga).

TV rating is not the only way to make profit with an anime. The late-night anime industries is the proof of that, most of them don't even reach more than 1% or 2% but than big majority of the anime production are late-night anime. They are all based on DVD/BD sales to make actual profit.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobLeNolife View Post
    TV rating was not the main source of income for the Bleach anime. Actually the main reason why the anime lasted so long is because the DVDs sold alots. I means the least sold Bleach DVD sold more than the One Piece and Naruto anime combine. In other word, the DVD sales have compensated the low TV Rating and the television broadcasting was only an gigantic ads for the DVD (and for the manga).

TV rating is not the only way to make profit with an anime. The late-night anime industries is the proof of that, most of them don't even reach more than 1% or 2% but than big majority of the anime production are late-night anime. They are all based on DVD/BD sales to make actual profit.
    I agree here. There are many series also don't get much ratings, but they still get the next season. As compared to them, Bleach still has much potential; so, it is most likely that Bleach will get a second season.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless if the series sold a lot of DVD's or not (the validity of this statement is still in question considering no one listed any sources), I don't know if creating another anime adaptation on a series that is continuing to decrease in quality and drastically losing relevance in terms of popularity is a wise investment.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Senkai View Post
    Regardless if the series sold a lot of DVD's or not (the validity of this statement is still in question considering no one listed any sources), I don't know if creating an anime on a series that is continuing to decrease in quality and drastically losing relevance in terms of popularity is a wise investment.
    They are not just aim for the high quality of anime; they are more concern about selling goods/merchandises that relate to the series. That's the main source for the company to make lots of money; the anime isn't only source on making money.

It is not just matter of quality of anime; it is also matter of making lots of money.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobLeNolife View Post
    TV rating was not the main source of income for the Bleach anime. Actually the main reason why the anime lasted so long is because the DVDs sold a lots. I means the least sold Bleach DVD sold more than the One Piece and Naruto anime combine. In other word, the DVD sales have compensated the low TV Rating and the television broadcasting was only an gigantic ads for the DVD (and for the manga).

Daytime anime does not work the same as night time. DVD sales for daytime Jump anime are very low, almost non-existent. Even One Piece does not sell that well. Movies sell well, at least for a few series. Special collections, like the One Piece Log Collections, also sell well. Bleach sold respectably well by Jump standards. Those are low standards, and probably would not have been a major factor in deciding to end the anime. Kuroko and JoJo's were the best selling Jump anime of the last couple of years. Blu-ray usually outsell DVD, and most Jump anime are still not available on blu-ray, except for movies. New episodes of One Piece will not start coming out on blu-ray until 2014.

Anime BD and DVD's are expensive collectibles. BD's start at ¥5000 (about $50 American) for 2 - 4 episodes. DVD's are a little more reasonable, starting at around ¥3000, for 2 - 4 episodes. Sales per volume are always pretty low, even for the most popular series. It's a collectors market, with a small consumer base willing to pay premium prices. Sales alone are not a good way to determine anime popularity. It's usually obvious what's popular, without ever seeing sales figures. Think of it like American TV. I don't think anyone really needs to see DVD/BD sales or ratings to name the most popular shows. The same goes for anime. TV ratings are probably even less significant than sales. Honestly, I have no idea how anime make money, or how profitable they actually are.

Anime News Network posts DVD and BD sales every week, taken from Oricon. Here is this weeks blu-ray and DVD charts. BD sales are more important. DVD sales are always lower. Bleach episodes have never been released on blu-ray. Neither have One Piece, Toriko, Gintama, or Hunter x Hunter. Kuroko was a bestseller, so was JoJo's.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Merchandise sales are meaningless. They also are sold to a relatively limited number of customers. The average person in Japan would not be caught dead with figurines (no offense to ant collectors reading). Merchandise is for otaku. The existence of merchandise is important. The more popular the anime, the more crap they're going to make. How well it sells is besides the point. They are marketed towards a limited market.
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 16, 2013 at 01:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 101nemesis's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach DVD sales - They weren't impressive. And they did not outsell Naruto or One Piece but they were decent enough for normal standards. Of course, Gintama and Kuroko sold a lot more. But Fairy Tail, which earns ratings between 3.0 - 4.0 sells way less in DVD's when compared to Bleach. Bleach debuts on DVD charts with almost 2000 copies in the 1st week while FT struggles to touch 500 half the time. Actually, up until the last filler arc, Bleach used to sell 3000 in the 1st week. Both of these are from TV TOKYO. But then again, a series that earns extremely high ratings, like Toriko, hardly sells any DVD's. In the end, it is merchandise and Bleach does well enough in that. It's just a plus point for Bleach, if it goes under consideration for a return.

Zanpaktou arc - Kubo's role was just the design of the characters. He did not create the story.

Stretching of anime episodes - The worst right now are One Piece and Naruto. Every episode is stretched so hideously that I just tend to keep forwarding for something significant to happen. TV TOKYO probably learnt from their mistake with Bleach having put 6 fillers right in between the final Aizen's fight. That's probably why they are stretching so much until Naruto's end has been finalized in the manga. One Piece, however, is a whole different story. If this is how the anime is gonna keep going, I'm probably gonna stop watching it.

I'm looking forward to AC's anime. Maybe I'll start to like the series then. Shokugeki's anime is not something I'm looking forward to. I feel the artwork would not be done justice. Could be wrong.
    If World Trigger does well enough, then I will be looking forward to an anime from it.
    Right now, the anime I want to see is Haikyuu!!.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

At least the episodes that are stretched out in One Piece are actual canon material. There are seasons (24+ episodes) in Bleach dedicated solely to pure filler (and no they were not interesting...unless you consider pointless fighting interesting). Probably another strong reason why the anime got cancelled and why it probably will not be coming back.

Naruto uses the more better method though by adding filler material in canon episodes.

I polluted this place with more Bleach talk...my bad mates. This will be my last remark on this matter lol.
    Last edited by Senkai; November 16, 2013 at 02:55 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast