Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

24 22.86%
  • Good

37 35.24%
  • Meh.

25 23.81%
  • Bad

4 3.81%
  • Awful

4 3.81%
  • Amaterasu.

11 10.48%
New Reply
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Naruto 647 Discussion / 648 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 647 Discussion / 648 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    ]And who even cares about that? It's just completely stupid and nonsensical to spitefully bash Shikamaru because of it.
    This is why the Shikamaru hate parade is so pathetic. There's no fucking point in the argument. He's never gonna become Hokage so what's the point trying so damned hard to convince yourself he'd be a bad Hokage?

Quote Quote:
    Or he would just run into the first best setup/trap because he's rash, reckless and usually requires the aid of your so called fodders to save his butt numerous times before he can take down anyone or anything noteworthy, while Shikamaru would easily see through such plots and turn them against the enemies.
    Church.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vite Zeus's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to divert your attention from shikamaru bashes and counter bashes ... before the next chapter arrives how many have guessed Sasuke is gonna use sage techniques using Juugo??
    Lightning could silence you forever!!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vite Zeus View Post
    Just to divert your attention from shikamaru bashes and counter bashes ... before the next chapter arrives how many have guessed Sasuke is gonna use sage techniques using Juugo??

poor juugo. but I wonder how Sasuke's going to do that. or maybe juugo being attached to the susanoo would do the trick?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vite Zeus
    Everyone. Literally everyone.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vite Zeus's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Everyone. Literally everyone.
    :P... obvious it seems.. I wonder how though as mbacarra pointed out.. might be something like how Sasuke resurrected oro using juugo.. Juugo directs sage chakra into Sasuke who channelizes it into his Susano'o..
    Lightning could silence you forever!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vite Zeus View Post
    :P... obvious it seems.. I wonder how though as mbacarra pointed out.. might be something like how Sasuke resurrected oro using juugo.. Juugo directs sage chakra into Sasuke who channelizes it into his Susano'o..
    hmm that's a possibility. after all, juugo is the one who can absorb the sage chakra properly and is very much compatible to sasuke. he did after all, heal sasuke when he was battling Bee.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what people assumed. He already has some of Juugo's flesh in his chest, so he should be able to naturally absorb natural energy too. It just hasn't happened yet. It could be yet another oversight from Kishi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member videogamer64's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That powermanga link is broken

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    And who even cares about that? It's just completely stupid and nonsensical to spitefully bash Shikamaru because of it.

Except that this effectively makes Shikamaru & Sasuke the leaders anyway, just like Shikaku was the one in charge of this whole war.

Whats the point of being a leader if you have to substitute your leadership to someone else once shit really starts to break loose?

People like Raikage and Naruto are much better suited to be Generals, motivating their subordinates with their presence on the battlefield, while someone like Shikamaru is transmitting orders to them from HQ.

Its not my fault Kishi's whole system is messed up and doesn't make a lot of sense... and as I already pointed out, the ninja-system is shit and needs to be changed, thats a fact which is major part of the story.

Or he would just run into the first best setup/trap because he's rash, reckless and usually requires the aid of your so called fodders to save his butt numerous times before he can take down anyone or anything noteworthy, while Shikamaru would easily see through such plots and turn them against the enemies.
    No it's not. Sage mode sensing ability is far too great. And by adding the sensing of evil intent with the rikudou mode, then how do you expect naruto to get caught by his enemies traps?

Well, if you're talking about a fodder enemies, then there's ni doubt shikamaru can easily see through such plots, but if you're talking about orochimaru or raikage or gaara or oonoki or obito's caliber, then shikamaru can't defeat that with his brilliant mind alone. He'll just keep on sacrificing the konoha-nins for simply believing that his merely strategy can harm their opponents.

You know? When shikaku's plan to restrict the juubi's movement? Damn, temari was even amazed by that, but still, shikaku's plan is merely a low level plan. He sacrificed alot of ninja's just for that. And yet t'was a failure. Whereas jiraiya's swamp alone can do more use full than that. Meaning, a low level ninja like shikamaru/shikaku can't comprehend how dangerous and awesome the bijuus/juubi really. Why? Because they're ignorant and clueless to the secrets of the ninja world.

Naruto in sage mode can sensed anyone's chakra even in miles away. And naruto doesn't need to see any plots or setup traps, he just need to extent his nine chakra arms and kick that freaking traps without being harm.

Come on, just look at sasuke and naruto's power closely, and you'll realize that shikamaru is just merely a fodder among fodders compared to that. Remember, both of them wants to become a hokage. So by adding shikamaru for the candidates is kinda ridiculous and not even funny. Shikamaru's brilliant IQ can't possibly comprehend how terrifying the perfect susanoo or amaterasu or naruto's bijuu mode really is,

The thing is, shikamaru would become a great hokage as long as the ninja system or cyle of hatred would be demolished. Meaning, there's no more ninja war or ninja mission, yupz, and with that, shikamaru's brilliant IQ would be more needed and more awesome.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@LnDRash

Quote Quote:
    Except that this effectively makes Shikamaru & Sasuke the leaders anyway, just like Shikaku was the one in charge of this whole war.
    Neah. We have curently people (senators, generals) that do stuff like this but the President usualy has the last say (on paper...).
    Raikage was in command. Allowing Shikaku to make battle plans does not make Shikaku the leader.

Quote Quote:
    Whats the point of being a leader if you have to substitute your leadership to someone else once shit really starts to break loose?
    You can't do everything yourself. Accepting help and surounding yourself with people that complement yourself (your weak points) is a smart thing to do.
    Kishi just needs to allow Naruto to be as smart as "vs Pein" or some instances in this war. He just needs to stop using him for comic relief moments (bad ones to). I would also remind you that Naruto is also Kurama. Kurama is smart enough.

Hell in the end Shikamaru's "i feel like following him" (or watever his words were) speaks volumes for who should be the leader.

Quote Quote:
    People like Raikage and Naruto are much better suited to be Generals, motivating their subordinates with their presence on the battlefield, while someone like Shikamaru is transmitting orders to them from HQ.
    Perhaps but not going by the manga. Raikage was even elected as supreme commander (or whatever the tile was).

Quote Quote:
    Its not my fault Kishi's whole system is messed up and doesn't make a lot of sense... and as I already pointed out, the ninja-system is shit and needs to be changed, thats a fact which is major part of the story.
    We are talking from the manga point of view and what makes sense by the manga.
    In real life the leader should always be behind his lines giving orders as if he dies its a big hit for the army. In the manga a Kage needs to be able to deal as a front line attacker. He needs to be the first and last line of defence.
    What things needs to change is hardly out choice as its Kishi's manga and appling real life logic does not work most of the time... I dare you to apply real life logic to Tobi lol... You are probably going to end up with some time of mental damage.

Quote Quote:
    If its a trap that can stop curent Naruto... Shikamaru can commit senpuku as he can't do shit anyway lol. Also i would remind you that during this war Naruto found a way out of a situation that Shikamaru had no bloody clue what to do.
    Naruto is not that dumb, its just kishi using him for comic relief. Also right now its not JUST Naruto... Its KURAMA and Naruto. Kurama is smart enough...
    Last edited by xXan; September 25, 2013 at 01:12 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Admonishing Melody's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All this arguing over Shikamaru is getting seriously out of hand. He is my favorite character, but his place in the story is not Hokage. While he has is incredibly intelligent and has some obvious leadership qualities, he is better suited to be an adviser. I could very easily see Naruto as Hokage, often following his own gut, but coming to Shikamaru in times of uncertainty. (I say Naruto because that's the most obvious ending to the series: Naruto as Hokage.)

The question still remains... Will Shikamaru die? I'm wondering what everyone else think about this. There are a number of reasons I doubt it. Shikamaru is one of Kishimoto's favorite characters. While he couldn't see himself married to any female Naruto characters, he said in an interview that if he was a girl he could see himself with Shikamaru. Yeah, Kishi has killed off characters he loved before, but geez. Also, as much as he's hinted towards ShikaTema without confirming it, killing Shikamaru would end that situation in a weird, girlish way. After killing Neji, Shikamaru is the only genius level leaf ninja left, barring Sasuke. Furthermore, after Neji's death and Obito's boasting, killing someone of about equal closeness to Naruto would seem cruel and unusual, without adding much to the story. With Tsunade close behind, I think if she saved him, that would make the most sense. If she got there and failed to save him, that would be another example of a cruel and unusual situation that didn't help the story along. Somehow, though, I could still imagine Kishimoto killing Shikamaru off. Thoughts?

New Reply
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23