Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Does Kakashi still have a role in the manga?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he must reunite with Minato.

20 54.05%
  • We'll just see him in the prologue or something.

2 5.41%
  • Kakashi will die before this is over.

4 10.81%
  • He'll show up with no real plot significance.

11 29.73%
New Reply

Thread: Naruto: Destruction Review.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto: Destruction Review.

Hello everyone and welcome to this week's review of Naruto chapter 646 which unlike many previous chapters isn't as action driven and focuses more on dialogue and plot, something I enjoy so much more anyways.

Last week had Obito end the chapter by releasing the Jyuubi and we start this chapter with the Jyuubi apparently reaching its final form which it then uses to drain everyone's chakra including Minato and Nauto's tailed beast forms.

We finally catch a glimpse of Bee after weeks of him either appearing in one panel doing nothing or just being a complete no show and even then we only see him for one page this chapter. Considering all the things that Kurama can do with Naruto I'd expect a lot more out of Bee now since Naruto can share chakra with the whole Alliance, use massive abilities and he's only using half of Kurama's power, but Bee has been working with the Eight tails for years and he hasn't done half of what Naruto has so its all very confusing to me.

We get to the meat of this chapter which is a long story between Madara and Hashirama on the origins of chakra and how it came to be.

So apparently a long time ago war was widespread and to stop the wars some woman decided to eat a fruit that everyone was forbidden to eat, the fruit granted this woman enough power to end all wars but this power attracted the tree which came to life and tried to get its power back from the woman. Sadly the poor tree was defeated and enslaved by the woman's son who later became known as the sage of six paths.

Personally I gotta wonder, who told the people not to eat the fruit? I mean was it god? was it their ancestors? other than that I think it's pretty obvious where's Kishi's very original inspiration for this story came from, he usually burrows from Eastern stories like how he named the Uchiha techniques ( Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi) and the names of the 3 Sannin are also based on a story and today we get...?

The origins of this story are recorded in the Uchiha tablet so it's assumed Sasuke has read parts of this story since we saw him reading it way back in part 1 when Itachi visited Konoha. I wonder if Sasuke believes the same thing Madara does.

Chakra gave people the power to make larger and greater wars than before in the same way that eating the Apple gave humans emotions which they have used for evil deeds, but just like with everything else it's all in how you use it, we've seen characters use chakra to revive their friends and save their allies while in the real world emotions give birth to love towards others, so while Madara is right here, he's only half right in how he ignores the good things that came from this so called " Curse" Similar to how the Uchiha focus all their emotions on hate when they can use those same feelings for love instead.

The Infinite Tsukiyomi was originally Madara's plan and it's interesting to see him deal with Obito being the one to initiate it, Madara has had his hands full so far with Hashirama and the Alliance but one can bet that he is not too happy with Obito being the one to make this dream world that he wants.

I loved seeing the 2nd Hokage use water techniques, we were told he was the greatest Suiton user in the world so to see some glimpse of that was awesome, but not even his water techniques are enough to save Naruto when he's engulfed by the chakra sucking branches.

After weeks of people speculating where Hiruzen has been he finally shows up and with style, I personally loved the theory that his head had been blown off and couldn't regenerate so he just walked around like a headless zombie but I'm glad instead we get to see him here using his famous Enma summon. This same staff helped him way back when he fought Hashirama so who knows Hiruzen might end up becoming very important in taking down this form of the ten tails.

Mini-rant, How stupid is Juugo's question? I mean I like the character a lot but really you see the Ten Tails reach its final form, start draining people till they are skeletons and you think " Man things are really starting to slow down around here aren't they?".

Rant aside the chapter ends with Obito's gigantic flowery erection blossoming ( some credit goes to Rin I assume) and that's pretty much it, not as much of a cliffhanger as previous chapters but that's fine with me.

Ratings.

I enjoyed this chapter and really loved seeing the return of Hiruzen after so long, gotta wonder where he has been hiding before though but seeing him convinces me that we might also see Kakashi again as well since it's unlikely Kishi will forget him after bringing back the 3rd Hokage.

I liked that this is a slower action chapter compared to most, especially since most of this arc has been very repetitive so this story is fresh and entertaining and unlike most chapters you can't hit reset after this so overall I give this chapter a 4 out of 5 and hope you all enjoyed it as well.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto: Destruction Review.

Dont forget the story about the Sage and his mom. And how he's so cool he managed to beat a God.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Hello everyone and welcome to this week's review of Naruto chapter 646 which unlike many previous chapters isn't as action driven and focuses more on dialogue and plot, something I enjoy so much more anyways.

I liked that this is a slower action chapter compared to most, especially since most of this arc has been very repetitive so this story is fresh and entertaining and unlike most chapters you can't hit reset after this so overall I give this chapter a 4 out of 5 and hope you all enjoyed it as well.

Nice Review!

You could also now say that the Mark on Obito's back, is '666' like the mark of the devil...but instead...it's the mark of the 'Shinju'.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kage Fuusha's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What I didn't like was that everyone who had Naruto's chakra except Sasuke and Juugo were attacked. Why is that? Why weren't they attacked?
    http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/kenbond007/Karindrooling2.jpg
    Let me tell you something about crazy people...the sex is unbelievable. - Richard Castle

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Nice Review!

You could also now say that the Mark on Obito's back, is '666' like the mark of the devil...but instead...it's the mark of the 'Shinju'.
    You could also make a far-out inference that the reason Naruto's eyes form a plus sign is that it's the symbol of the holy cross from the bible...and further hints at Naruto being the 'Jesus' of this manga...and who knows maybe Naruto will have to sacrifice himself in the end for the betterment of the Shinobi-World.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Dont forget the story about the Sage and his mom. And how he's so cool he managed to beat a God.
    He managed to beat a god with his OWN FREAKING TECHNIUQES!.

Nice Review!

Will add this next chapter, I don't like editing a review after its posted unless I made a spelling error or something like that, story stuff I save for later but good observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Fuusha View Post
    What I didn't like was that everyone who had Naruto's chakra except Sasuke and Juugo were attacked. Why is that? Why weren't they attacked?
    I noticed that too but it could just be for no real reason, you can't make Sasuke look at naruto cooly while he's running away from those tree things.

You could also make a far-out inference that the reason Naruto's eyes form a plus sign is that it's the symbol of the holy cross from the bible...and further hints at Naruto being the 'Jesus' of this manga...and who knows maybe Naruto will have to sacrifice himself in the end for the betterment of the Shinobi-World.
    Naruto is the messiah of his world but Yeah Kishi has gone all bible on us lately, will be interesting to see what else he will add soon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the mark on Obito's back the same as the Sages?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Bee was on two pages, first when fleeing the branches, and later seen exhausted after using Samehada to fight the branches off.

They may well have been attacked. Juugo's comment on the tree settling down probably refers to it no longer chasing people down.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sharjah
    Post Thanks / Like

If you had paid attention to the panels, you would have noticed that there were other people standing behind Sasuke and Juugo who hadn't been attacked.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, pretty much when a mangaka takes an extra week off it means they're either sick or coming up with a huge revelation like this chapter?

New Reply