Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: The Two Son's Names

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Two Son's Names

don't know if it's worth a thread,but it may be a fun research project for those who are curious....here's my hunch

Spoiler show

RS's real name was Bagoromo....

Spoiler show

here Hashirama's father told them who the Uchiha were allies with....the Hagoromo clan
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hagoromo_Clan

so my question ...
    you guys think maybe the eldest boy was named Hagoromo?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Two Son's Names

This thread made me think . Since alot of mysteries are being solved in the manga now, maybe there were other clans who were stronger blood relatives of the sage. Look at this picture on wiki.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Warring...file=Clans.PNG

The senju seal is darker next to the a seal of another clan. with the Uchicha being under neath. This could potentially be a hint. You know how Kishimoto is.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    This thread made me think . Since alot of mysteries are being solved in the manga now, maybe there were other clans who were stronger blood relatives of the sage. Look at this picture on wiki.

The senju seal is darker next to the a seal of another clan. with the Uchicha being under neath. This could potentially be a hint. You know how Kishimoto is.
    see...I told you this could be fun research material...

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

plz milly or rikudou....merge these threads...

thanx for reposting it,but I thought you guys weren't...so I made a new one

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think MS made a typo. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/646/9 the sage's name was Hagoromo. If you wonder where it comes from, try Wikipedia on "princess Kaguya" and "hagoromo" in connection to her.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Along both of the son's names. They could probably be Uchiha Trunks and Senju Goten. Haha or with there sur name being their actual names.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner endlessmanga's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe uchiha and senju is the 2 sons names?

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Going by Kishi's inspiration from random things. It'd be safe to assume that it will be the names of two sons of one great king. Time to brush up on our history guys.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Son Goku hadn't already been taken by the yonbi I'd say Goku and Vegeta! That would be hilarious!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Their names certainly wouldn't have been Senju or Uchiha. The Senju clan's name was derived from the phrase "sen no te o motsu ichizoku," or "the clan with a thousand skills," while the Uchiha clan's name refers to the paper uchiwa used to fan flames. So those names came about later, based on their reputations.

At this point, my educated guess is that his sons will have names derived from the legends of Yamato Takeru. My best guess is that the elder brother will be named Ōusu and the younger brother will be named Ōsu, though other names from the legend may be used instead; maybe even just Yamato and Takeru.

My reasoning:

Kaguya Ōtsutsuki's name is derived from the Kojiki; specifically, from the name of Emperor Suinin's sixth consort, Kaguyahime no Mikoto, and her father, the king Ōtsutsukitarine no Miko.

According to local folklore in Kyōtanabe, Japan, these figures served as the basis for Princess Kaguya and her adoptive father, the old bamboo cutter, in The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

Hagoromo, the Sage of the Six Paths' name, is also derived from that tale; Princess Kaguya was given a hagoromo (feather mantle) before she ascended to the moon.

Now, this is where it starts to get interesting.

According to the Kojiki, Emperor Suinin's heir was Emperor Keikō, who in turn had had two sons: Prince Ōusu and Prince Ōsu. In other words, Hagoromo would roughly be Emperor Keikō's equivalent in the Naruto universe, and the Senju and Uchiha ancestors would parallel Ōusu and Ōsu.

The Kojiki states that Ōsu murdered his elder brother and that, fearing his brutality, Keikō sent Ōsu away from the capital. This is echoed in the different philosphies of Hagoromo's sons, him choosing his elder son as heir, and their resulting rivalry which would carry on for many generations.

After essentially being exiled from the capital, Ōsu went on various adventures, during which he earned the name Yamato Takeru (meaning "the brave of Yamato"). During one of Ōsu's adventures he encountered the high priestess of Amaterasu, who showed him compassion and gifted him with the holy sword of Susano'o, the Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi, which could control the wind. Ōsu renamed it Kusanagi no Tsurugi after winning a battle by trying to cut down a grassfire and causing a gust of wind, fanning the flames back at his enemies. The Naruto parallels speak for themselves.

TLDR:

Kojiki: Emperor Suinin's sixth consort was Kaguyahime no Mikoto, daughter of Ōtsutsukitarine no Miko.
    Naruto: Kaguya Ōtsutsuki was a princess during an era of war.

Tale of the Bamboo Cutter: Princess Kaguya was found as a baby inside the stalk of a bamboo tree.
    Naruto: Princess Kaguya ate the fruit of the Divine Tree and gained the power of chakra.

Tale of the Bamboo Cutter: Princess Kaguya was given a hagoromo and traveled back to her home on the moon.
    Naruto: Princess Kaguya gave birth to Hagoromo, who sealed the Ten-Tails in the moon.

Kojiki: Emperor Keikō was Emperor Suinin's heir.
    Naruto: Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki was Princess Kaguya's heir.

Kojiki: Prince Ōusu and Prince Ōsu were Emperor Keikō's elder and younger heirs.
    Naruto: The Senju and Uchiha ancestors were Hagoromo's elder and younger heirs.

Kojiki: Prince Ōsu brutally killed Prince Ōusu and was exiled by Emperor Keikō.
    Naruto: Hagoromo favored his elder son, resulting in a generational rivalry between the Senju and Uchiha.

Kojiki: Ōsu met a priestess of Amaterasu, was given Susano'o's Kusanagi, and used it to fan flames.
    Naruto: The Uchiha use Amaterasu and Susano'o, wield Kusanagi swords, and are named after flame fans.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post

There are five darker symbols. Maybe each one represents first kage's for each of the 5 great countries.

New Reply