Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Holographic Universe

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Holographic Universe

Saw this documentary - the ideas been around for a while now. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holographic Universe

Not sure if I'm getting the point here, but I think this is about an introduction to the way a physicist thinks (and speaks lol) more than anything else. That, and physicists like wearing brown and blue. Mostly brown.

In terms of 3D-->2D and scramble of information, from a mathematical point of view it really isn't right. But as 'untidy' as it sounds, the physical application is that you assume there's so much storage slots anyway it doesn't matter because the universe only has so much information...

But otherwise, the topic really is venturing into unknown territory :/ With a lot of limitations due to existing theories, derivations of ideas that we think are logically correct. And even if an idea sounds valid, being able to test that idea or not is another issue... hence/due to the highly reserved views in the community. Just saying, if there should be any groundbreaking discover on this matter, it would most likely be an experiment effectively on the scale of LHC... Something that has already been theorised, but only gains enough support and is solidly affixed within our understanding of physical laws that paves way to a large scale experiment to prove the correctness of the suggestion once and for all...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The point was, what if the universe as whole is infact a hologram. It's just amazing to think about such a possibility being an actuality?
    I don't believe there is a unifying theory to everything yet, although many have and are trying. As you mentioned - current theories also have many limitations.

I'll give you something more to read about : http://www.rense.com/general69/holoff.htm

- sorry for the slight long wall of text.

I'm not arguing for the reality of the universe being a hologram or that current theories about the universe are wrong either - just that these sort of developments are very exciting.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by batool100 View Post
    Holographic principle is a property of quantum gravity and string theories that states that the description of a volume of space can be thought of as encoded on a boundary to the region.
    You've seem to held back a bit there. Care to expand a bit more??

New Reply