Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Ryoma vs Kintarou

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryoma vs Kintarou

I have seen this around a few posts on these forums, so I figured let's discuss.

Why do people think they are about equal? Echizen is surely stronger given the same day. I understand they are rivals, but Echizen was stronger from day one.

Kin wanted to play Ryoma really badly.
    Atobe wanted to play Tezuka. Sanada wanted to play Tezuka. Tokugawa wants to play Byoudin.
    The weaker one usually wants to challenge the stronger.

They had a draw. I don't feel the need to go into it. But Kin is probably a fast starter compared to Ryoma.

Kin lost to Yukimura in what seems like a crushing one ball. Ryoma was able to play for awhile without getting jacked up.
    Eventually it might have turned more into a Yanagi, Inui rivalry friendship. I guess either can win on a given day, but I am sure one is stronger.

But even at the camp.
    Ryoma played Tokugawa, Kin played Oni. At the time I think we all assumed it was Ryoma facing the strongest and Kin getting the second hand.
    Kin got PoP/TnK, but maybe Ryoma's longer use gives him better control. Honestly who knows, not important.

Ryoma didn't watch Kin's match. But Sanada watched the Atobe Tezuka match. I would imagine he would watch it if he thought of Kin as an immediate threat. He cares more about future enemies.

Ryoma is constantly trying to improve himself by learning the sparkly shot.

Yea they are close. But aside from possibly a one story power up, Echizen is stronger imo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Discussion] Ryoma vs Kintarou

Was Echizen stronger from day 1? In the 1 point match that they play, Echizen was running out of power from Muga, and Kintarou is still going strong. If they play a full match, I think Kintarou would actually win back then.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ryoma isn't the main character then Kintaro would definitely beat him since Kintaro has better endurance even factoring in plot immunity. That is, while Ryoma can somehow outlast Atobe in a game, even with plot immunity it's shown that he cannot outlast Kintaro. Ryoma may have an advantage elsewhere, but based on their 1 ball match their game would take around 3 days to resolve and Kintaro wins it easily due to superior endurance.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Cmon guys this is Prince of Tennis not boxing... Ryoma wins hands down. He uses techniques while kintaro runs around like a baboon... ^__^

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Was Echizen stronger from day 1? In the 1 point match that they play, Echizen was running out of power from Muga, and Kintarou is still going strong. If they play a full match, I think Kintarou would actually win back then.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he was still going strong. He was sweating notably, just not as bad as Ryoma.
    Spoiler show

That was entirely due to Ryoma relying on Muga back then.
    Right now the situation is different.
    Both of them have 10ao, both of them have PoP, Both of them have an array of great Serves and Special Shots, it's definitely a tie-break finish.

It all depends on who you're a fan of right now.
    Its really hard to say who would win because Kintaro is able to jump around the court like a lunatic for more than a whole set, though of course he can be brought to his limits like how Oni had him on the ground like a dog, and Ryoma's style of releasing bursts of energy non-stop on the court can be brought to a standstill like how Tokugawa left him on the floor.

I'm saying Ryoma but only after an extremely long tie-break.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kintaro set the net on fire. Without using the SSS (Super Sweet Spot).

/Thread.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly prior to NPOT, Ryoma's moves just totally suck. That's why he has to resort to using Muga all the time. I remember reading POT and there's a 'POT characters answer your question' and one reader asked Sanada why doesn't he use other people's moves, and he's like "Why would I want to copy moves worse than my own?" And if he has to use Muga there's no way Ryoma can outlast Kintaro even with plot immunity.

But in NPOT Muga pretty much never made a reappearance and I guess the point is that Ryoma's regular moves are actually now pretty decent. Presmably Kintaro has an edge in endurance/power but Ryoma has an advantage in mental/technique so it can go either way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    But in NPOT Muga pretty much never made a reappearance and I guess the point is that Ryoma's regular moves are actually now pretty decent. Presmably Kintaro has an edge in endurance/power but Ryoma has an advantage in mental/technique so it can go either way.
    Muga hasn't showed up yet because Ryoma hasn't had a real match yet (everyone else knows it's just a gimmick). And we need to be shown a bunch of G10 and 1st Stringer moves for him to copy in the first place.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Kintaro set the net on fire. Without using the SSS (Super Sweet Spot).

/Thread.
    Just to correct a bit, SSS is just learning to hit with the exact point of the sweet spot on the racket. Ryoma has to learn it in order to learn how to properly hit/direct the Glowing Shot/Other Dimensional Power shot.

For all we know Kintarou can naturally always hit the SSS unconsciously given he has insane eyesight and can produce so much power for his size.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply