Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Innocent by Sakamoto Shinichi

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Innocent by Sakamoto Shinichi

Innocent
    By : Sakamoto Shinichi

Serialized in : Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)
    Genre : Historical

Synopsis:

In 18th century, seeking freedom and equality, the event that become the starting point of modern French society, the French revolution, began. There was one more protagonist that lived within that darkness, Henry Charles Sanson. He was the fourth generation family head of the Sanson Family, and executioner of Paris. This is the history of him nobly facing such harsh fate.

By the mangaka of Kokou no Hito

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Innocent by Sakamoto Shinichi

I loved Kokou no Hito, so I've been looking forward to this ever since it was first announce. And I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Amazing art too. I can't wait for volume 2.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurihara Rui (Japanese model/actor) going to portray Henry Charles Sanson for upcoming Innocent vomic. Personally, he looks like real-life version of Henry.

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/106618

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 2 is out.

Spoiler show

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught up with the raws of this the other day. I should be getting to translating V3 in the next week or two depending on when Utopia Scans does a digital scan of it. I really like the way this series has been going. I can't quite describe the feel to it all that well. But you feel for the dramatic parts where it's trying to sort of examine a dark side of humanity, but also it has those sort of bizarre scenes which are I think intended to be both dramatic and funny. Like it's trying to have this contast of the pomp of the Pre-revolutionary France era with all of its nobles living comfortably with a sort of madness in them to preserve their family honor and reputations. Then there's the contrast of that with the common folk, dying and such. A lot of people are seemingly pretty crazy. And then there's Charles who "maintains his innocence" despite this crazy world around him and his ideas clashing with the fate he's thrown into.

Marie-Joseph kinda becomes a secondary protagonist later on. The conflicts increase and the story expands, and I've found it really enjoyable so far.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member battle angel's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

http://raw.senmanga.com/Innocent_(Sakamoto_Shinichi)/
    you can find the manga until the last chapter...I`m really in love about the stoy, the art is really good...plsss I need the translations....I want to know about the guy with black and white hair

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I need the transations!!!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Japanese information program, called 5-ji Kara Muchuu!, there is a corner (which run by Nakase Yukari (Japanese commentator/editor)) introduce Yukari's monthly top 3 best entertainment (like movie, non-fiction, and even manga).

For this month's top 3, she chose Innocent as second best entertainment for this month.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply