Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion / 47 Predictions

Ok, I just picked up this manga. Seeing the chapter it seems meliodas is at least partially a demon to a great extent. Perhaps a hybrid? Or perhaps he is a full demon who has switched sides...

Anyways, didn't meliodas have his sword when he used his power against ban? I would find it a tad weird that the sword is a seal altogether... I get the impression his sword is at least related to his sacred treasure. About his ability, I think his power is based on retribution. His sin is wrath so retribution makes sense. Basically his power activates when he takes damage or gets angry. The angrier and more damage he gets makes him increasingly more powerful. Against ban he gave back all the damage he took. Right now he got angry because of elizabeth.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattC302 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on the chapter, but it was overall good.

I didn't really feel anything for Veronica's death. I wanted to, but I just didn't. I didn't expect her to die though.

Hendrickson's goal is kind of underwhelming right now, but I'll wait and see why he wants to resurrect the demon clan.

Geera is full on villain mode for me, which I didn't really expect since that one side chapter with her brother humanizing her and making us sympathize with her. I thought she was just misinformed and mislead, but she seems to be fully bad if she can kill so easily. Though that might be the demon blood, and not really her original self.

So I guess Melodias is either part of the demon clan, or had a demon sealed within him. If he is a humanoid demon, I wonder how that will affect his relationship with Ban. Ban had an interesting reaction when he heard the demon clan would be resurrected, and he seemed to feel a vibe from Melodias that reminded him of a demon.

I really liked how Melodias took of Geera's hand....Though I have a feeling things are about to get pretty cliche. Melodias is going to be all out of control a la the first times Naruto went Nine Tailed Fox mode, and Elizabeth is going to have to talk him back to his senses...
    I had exactly the same mixture, only that the positive points caused a bigger impact on me than the negatives. But yes, I wasn't affected at all by Veronica and Eli's tears. And the scene about the old bridge was bad in my opinion. Very hasty and not believable. I think it would have had another effect on me if it would have been included in some previous chapter (possibly when they met for the first time in the story). But, being told of those protective relationship when Veronika is about to die, it was like if the author would has been telling me: "now lets feel some pity for this girl".

Melodias last page is just fantastic. I hope a cliche similar to Naruto' doesn't happen. Anyway, I would like to see Helbram facing Meliodas right now.
    Last edited by ukimix; September 16, 2013 at 04:12 AM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that Meliodas has some connection with the demon clan. I would not like it to be honest. To me, the thing that happens to Meliodas is something totally different.

Anyway, firstly, let us not forget that Elizabeth cries made Meliodas escape. To me, it should be connected to the sheadow we saw when Meliodas gave hands to Elizabeth. Secondly, the first thing Meliodas grabbed was his sword. Even in his normal stage, touching Meliodas' sword is unacceptable.

Anyway: a power has awakened because of his reminiscence to Liz and Danafor. I think the state in which Meliodas is, has more to do with his wrath than with demon (blood).

If Meliodas was a demon than Ban would have never joined Meliodas. Ban's feelings to Elaine are stronger and Meliodas would be an enemy. Ban would never want to allied with demon or demon related people. But Ban knows this demon feeling, and it is interesting to see what this will lead into
    Last edited by Koen; September 16, 2013 at 02:03 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    I thought that that part was only to deceive Veronica and make her capture Meliodas. What Hendriksen says isn't reliable in my opinion.
    I don't think he was lying on this. He clearly knows more about Melodias than us. Also in this chapter Gerra spoke about a Goddess amber, this is quite consistent with the fact that Melodias has a demon side.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ok, I just picked up this manga.
    good to see that the forum has made some publicity to the serie and the forum is quite successful so far. You could have chosen a worse chapter to catch up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    If Meliodas was a demon than Ban would have never joined Meliodas. Ban's feelings to Elaine are stronger and Meliodas would be an enemy. Ban would never want to allied with demon or demon related people. But Ban knows this demon feeling, and it is interesting to see what this will lead into
    Well remember that they don't know about their sins so it isn't that surprising that Ban doesn't know about it. My question is rather what will happen now that he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Melodias last page is just fantastic. I hope a cliche similar to Naruto' doesn't happen. Anyway, I would like to see Helbram facing Meliodas right now.
    Unfortunately I would expect a cliché. Even if I really like the serie so far, it would be a lie that it is completely original. But a cliché well done is not always that bad, it's also why shonen are enjoyable reads.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that Meliodas has some connection with the demon clan. I would not like it to be honest. To me, the thing that happens to Meliodas is something totally different.
    Well one way or another Melodias I think certainly has connections to the demon clan, as to how deep we've yet to see, considering all the foreshadowing and confirmed strongly by the reaction of the Goddess Amber which Hendricksen purposely planned against Melodias. Still I agree he is something else new altogether just that he clearly does have some sort of demonic taint, or at least able to utilize it for some reason or another.

As for Ban not joining aside from the fact that the Sins have a don't ask don't tell policy somehow I have a feeling he does have his suspicions towards Melodias, his attitude is always on guard and observant of the captain after all, as he constantly appears to be testing Melodias that at this point goes beyond some normal rivalry. Besides Ban does genuinely appear to be trying to end his captain's life so... I doubt he hasn't had his suspicions.
    Last edited by Hamy; September 16, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone in AP throw the theory that Elizabeth has healing powers, which would explain why Meliodas and Cenette's father wounds were miraculously cured back when they were 'rescuing' Ban. Both wounds were treated by her and she apparently cried over them. The theory also is that Hendricksen want's Eli because he needs her to revive the Demon clan.

It's interesting. I have been wondering why in that arc Elizabeth wounds were not cured miraculously like Meliodas and Doctor's wounds. So that could be the explanation of that minor plot hole.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MattC302's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Someone in AP throw the theory that Elizabeth has healing powers, which would explain why Meliodas and Cenette's father wounds were miraculously cured back when they were 'rescuing' Ban. Both wounds were treated by her and she apparently cried over them. The theory also is that Hendricksen want's Eli because he needs her to revive the Demon clan.

It's interesting. I have been wondering why in that arc Elizabeth wounds were not cured miraculously like Meliodas and Doctor's wounds. So that could be the explanation of that minor plot hole.
    If this is true, I just hope she turns out more useful/important than Orihime, and not just a "healing item", as Ginjou called her in video game speak.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Due to Veronicas death.. I think that Griamor and Hauser now see, that the Sins are good guys after all, and support them in their fights against the new generation and the former King of Fairys, Harlequin.

Griamor and Hauser got a lot developement in this arc, so they are expected to become allies. Same goes for Gilthunder. I would love to see them, fighting back to back with the Sins against the conspiracy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Meliodas is completely heartless in this form. If so he would have killed the girl instead of only taking his sword back. Her losing her hand was only the effect of Meliodas' strength.

I would like to get back to King's battle. I'm sure he is holding because he is in his ugly form.

Seeing the battles in this arc has changed the way I see Little Gil. At first I thought he was weak compared to the sins but he is the only person shown so far that had the strength to floor Meliodas in one attack. I'm not saying he could defeat Meliodas but the feat says something about his strength. He is definitely stronger than Hauser.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; September 22, 2013 at 03:17 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2