Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Need a translation check-not sure why my computer posted a frowning face

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Need a translation check-not sure why my computer posted a frowning face

Can you check the below to see if I made any mistakes?

宏樹が二流の工業大学の建築学科を卒業したのち就職した設計事務所は、従業員の数がわずか五人という小さな会社だ。 勤めて四年になるが、不況の昨今はあまり大きな仕事もなくて厳しい経営が続いているものの、社長の無理はしないという方針のおかげで会社の存続を案じるようなことはない.

The design office where Hiroki found employment after he completed his architectural course at a second-rate institute, is a small company with only a number of five employees. It'll be four years since he began working there, but there's not a lot of work in the recent recession and even though strict management continues he does not worry about the company's duration, thanks to the policy of the company's president not to over do it.
    Last edited by stlwright; September 10, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a translation check-not sure why my computer posted a frowning face

Quote Originally Posted by stlwright View Post
    Can you check the below to see if I made any mistakes?

宏樹が二流の工業大学の建築学科を卒業したのち就職した設計事務所は、従業員の数がわずか五人という小さな会社だ。 勤めて四年になるが、不況の昨今はあまり大きな仕事もなくて厳しい経営が続いているものの、社長の無理はしないという方針のおかげで会社の存続を案じるようなことはない.

The design office where Hiroki found employment after he completed his architectural course at a second-rate institute, is a small company with only a number of five employees. It'll be four years since he began working there, but there's not a lot of work in the recent recession and even though strict management continues he does not worry about the company's duration, thanks to the policy of the company's president not to over do it.

工業大学: institute of technology

If you use a comma between institute and is, then you need a comma between office and where.

company with only a number of five employees -> company with only five employees

勤めて四年になるが: It'll be four years since he began ... --> It's been 4 years since Ihe started ...

厳しい: tough, difficult - not strict

経営: operation (運営) - not management/administration in this context
    Last edited by mikkih; September 11, 2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I meant he not I

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply