Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Winter Anime 2014 Preview Guide

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Anime 2014 Preview Guide

Regarding winter only shows, this is my (probably) final list:

Toaru Hikuushi
    D-Frag!
    Hamatora
    Chuunibyou
    Mahou Sensou
    Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    Nourin
    (Wake Up, Girls!)
    Sakura Trick
    Nisekoi
    Sekai Seifuku
    Seitokai Yakuindomo*
    Witch Craft Works
    Noragami
    Wizard Barristers

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I might add Sekai Seifuku and Wizard Barristers to my list...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sekai Seifuku is very good. You won't be disappoint. Wizard Barristers is at least promising.

---------- Post added February 03, 2014 at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was January 19, 2014 at 02:57 PM ----------

My final winter list, including two cour fall anime
    1. Chuunibyou Ren
    2. D-Frag!
    3. Diamond Ace
    4. Gin no Saji 2nd Season
    5. Golden Time
    6. Hoozuki
    7. Kill la Kill
    8. Mahosen
    9. Mikakunin
    10. Nagi Asu
    11. Nisekoi
    12. Noragami
    13. Sakura Trick
    14. SYD*
    15. Sekai Seifuku
    16. Tokyo Ravens
    17. Tonari no Seki-kun
    18. WUG
    19. Witch Craft Works
    20. Yowapeda
    I watched a few episodes of Buddy Complex, Hamatora, Space Dandy, Koiuta, and Wizard Barristers before dropping. I also dropped the second cour of Strike the Blood and Samumenco.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 03, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have a long list for winter.

With about a third(?) through the season, I have:

Buddy Complex
    Golden Time
    Gin no Saji S2
    Hunter x Hunter 2011
    Kill la Kill
    NagiAsu
    Nisekoi
    Noragami
    Space Dandy
    Pilot's Love Song

I watched a couple episodes of Hamatora and Mahou Sensou before dropping.

I put the above in general alphabetical order, but I'll give my rank and brief impressions of the shows as I see them so far, meaning this is my opinion.

Top Tier:

Gin no Saji S2: I really really enjoyed the first season, and this one is a pretty good follow up so far. Nothing has really changed--we still have the same general feel of the show, the humor is still there, and if something wasn't broken to begin with, why fix it?

Hunter x Hunter 2011: Madhouse is still doing a really nice adaptation of a shounen manga, and still keeping up with stellar animation given the genre and duration of the series so far. And they aren't showing any signs of stopping. Characterizations and everything else are top notch as we're entering into arguably one of the best parts of the manga.

NagiAsu: The second season feels almost like a separate entity to the first, but still retains the drama and clusterfuck of a love polygon from the first season. And I'm loving every minute of it.

Nisekoi: SHAFT is adding their signature artistic mark to a Jump harem adaptation. I really like their style, although I haven't really seen many SHAFT shows (or have but ended up dropping them like Sasami-San@Ganbaranai). Although I read the manga weekly and know what's going to happen, watching this studio do their work is adding a nice, novel touch to the series.

Top-Mid Tier:

Kill la Kill: I'm still watching and enjoying this a lot. Admittedly, I've gone in with higher expectations than the show has been able to offer, but I like its over the top antics and the characters. I'm also really interested to see how it will end.

Noragami: This one started out kinda 'meh' to me, but the last few episodes have been wonderful. I really like the three mains for different reasons and although it's goofy and comical, there are definitely some darker underlying tones I get that I feel will eventually be addressed. And Yukine and Hiyori are adorable.

Toaru Hikuushi: I'll admit, this one is slow moving and there has been a ton of exposition for the first 4 episodes which worries me since this is a 1 cour. But I do like the characters so far and the most recent plot twist added a whole other element to it and I'm curious to see where this one goes with it.

Mid Tier:

Space Dandy: Another over the top show that's comical and has crazy antics. Another one that I also probably shouldn't have had high expectations going into it, but still very enjoyable to watch.

Golden Time: I have a love/hate relationship with this show and its two main characters, but I'm still definitely in this for the long haul. The only thing I would say I have against this show is Banri and Koko, which you would think is one of the most important aspects of this. However, the side characters are interesting, and the circumstances surrounding our two mains also keep me invested in this show.

Mid-Low Tier:

Buddy Complex: I'm still watching this. And I will probably watch this to the end. Sunrise mecha series here and there have been trainwrecks (looking at you Valvrave), but they do mecha battle choreography well. And this series is no exception. However, the story, although somewhat interesting, is not very engaging. And the characters less so. Even still, I can't keep myself from not watching it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, honestly. If you want to watch a Sunrise mecha, I'd point you to a gundam series, but I would say this is an acceptable series for someone like me that's been craving a mecha that's more low-key and shares some elements with the Gundam franchise, and I've found it with this series.

Low Tier:

There's nothing here since I tend to drop shows that I would put in the low tier.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; February 03, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Those who dropped Space Dandy should try to watch until episode 5. The plot is not moving but it was kind of a "serious" episode.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the time. I might marathon Dandy after it ends.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

From the winter season, I tried various anime. Sticking with Buddy Complex and Nobunaga the Fool. Buddy Complex has more potential than Nobunaga the Fool, which for the time being, feel all over the place.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese entertainment site mantan-web conducted a poll asking 500 fans, ages 10 - 50, of both genders, to name their favorite Winter 2014 anime. 61% of respondents were female, 39% of respondents were in their 20's.

1. Hozuki no Reitetsu - 33%
    2. Noragami - 13%
    3. Nisekoi - 11%
    3. Hamatora - 11%
    5. Chuunibyou - Ren 8%
    6. Saki Zenkoku-hen - 6%
    6. Mikakunin De Shinkoukei - 6%
    8. Norin - 4%
    8. D-Frag! - 4%
    8. Sekai Seifuku - 4%

Hoozuki and Noragami both ranked high with female viewers. 82% of female viewers voted for Hoozuki, 78% for Noragami. Nisekoi was the most popular with male viewers, with 83% of men naming it their favorite new series. Nisekoi tied Hamatora for third in the overall vote. Saki and Mikakunin tied for sixth, Norin, D-Frag, and Seikai Seifuku tied for eighth.

ANN derped their listing of the results pretty badly.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9