Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Big 3 "Worlds"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up The Big 3 "Worlds"

So far, we've seen the big bad duo (Midora and Ichiryu)'s world techniques.
    Midora has Hunger world, and Ichiryu has Minority world.

But what could Jirou's world be? I was personally thinking he has drunk world, where if your in it, you get extraordinarily wasted, and if you come in wasted, you get a bit more drunk, and if your buzzed you die. Haha i dont know about the last part but sure why not.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pea's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Big 3 "Worlds"

What is Midora's world exactly? How does it work?

For Jirou, I would assume knocking world (why else call him knocking master). Whoever enters a certain area or spot gets totally knocked or something like that

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, about Midora's World... It seems that it will be explained in the upcoming chapter.
    It looks like that it is connected to his enormous eagerness to eat. and that if an opponent enters a certain area, then it would be eaten by Midora in a blink of an eye.

About Jirou's World... I like Drunk World. it just feels funny and really fits him.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    What is Midora's world exactly? How does it work?

For Jirou, I would assume knocking world (why else call him knocking master). Whoever enters a certain area or spot gets totally knocked or something like that
    Hunger world, im guessing he eats anything that gets in. Aww common, knocking world would be so predictable. Turning the tables with drunk world, that'd be funny

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, about Midora's World... It seems that it will be explained in the upcoming chapter.
    It looks like that it is connected to his enormous eagerness to eat. and that if an opponent enters a certain area, then it would be eaten by Midora in a blink of an eye.

About Jirou's World... I like Drunk World. it just feels funny and really fits him.
    Two things...

1) Yes! I finally got a moderator to like one of my posts!! Haha it was a personal goal for me as a member.
    2) Thankyou for the support. He's obviously the heaviest drinker in the series, even more then handsome mansom. so yea, i thought it would suit him.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it would be funny to see a Drunkard Duo at some point of the manga. this would make a perfect Drunk World.

And well, I hope Hunger World won't be the reason why Ichiryu lost to Midora.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Jorge your just coming up with great ideas. The duel drunken dragon fist?

Ohh man, I bet Ichi is going to pop out another arm. It wouldn't be surprising since its him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichi's technique, Minority World, fits his theme because he's considered the strongest. He treats everyone like a kid. To him, they're just like ants.

Midora's Hungry Space also fits him because he's a glutton.

What's the common factor in those two techniques? They could both bring instant kill to the unlucky being that enters their worlds.

Jirou's should also fit his style. And it should also bring instant kill.
    He likes drinking so his 'world' could be a place where he could manipulate all liquid or hydrogen atoms. The body is composed of about 75% water so if he can manipulate that, then he can bring instant kill. Maybe he can also suck up all water in his world. Even the water in the atmosphere and leave it like a desert.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    Ichi's technique, Minority World, fits his theme because he's considered the strongest. He treats everyone like a kid. To him, they're just like ants.

Midora's Hungry Space also fits him because he's a glutton.

What's the common factor in those two techniques? They could both bring instant kill to the unlucky being that enters their worlds.

Jirou's should also fit his style. And it should also bring instant kill.
    He likes drinking so his 'world' could be a place where he could manipulate all liquid or hydrogen atoms. The body is composed of about 75% water so if he can manipulate that, then he can bring instant kill. Maybe he can also suck up all water in his world. Even the water in the atmosphere and leave it like a desert.
    We have a clear winner. In tht case, since h2o is a neccessity for life, jirou could technically wipe out both the other two? assuming that it is his technique, and he blocks midoras techniques, and ichi could be dehydrated in a moment.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even if Jirou has such a technique, Ichiryu can still win since he can use his Minority World to his advantage making something a minority and thus increasing his own chances of winning and decreasing his opponent's.

The thing that I'm actually is interested about now is Toriko's ability. Compared to the most of relevant characters in this manga he doesn't have anything special. Ichiryu and Midora have their Worlds. Coco has poison. Zebra has his sound attacks and Buranchi lightning and electricity-based attacks. Setsuno can manipulate air pressure and Starjun can manipulate fire.
    So what I'm thinking is that Toriko needs to have some hidden ability we haven't seen yet, since for now his ability doesn't seem that serious for the main character compared to most of the heavy weighters. And we still don't know about other strong guy abilities among Bishokukai and NEO.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. That is true. So if Ichi's ability is to control the minority, and if in the case of Jirou dehydrating him, his chances of survival will be the minority, so the minority world would reverse that. Then Jirou can just use it on him self and we have an endless loop . Lets just freeze the big 3 and continue on with the heavenly kings god dammit. Haha

I also noticed that. Toriko's main strength relys on smell and shooting utensils. As we've seen in past fights though, elemental attacks and others cost him limbs. Maybe we'll see a full character twist and see him manipulate energy, and go Goku on us? And on a side note, Coco does need some physical attacks, relyign on poison is also not a very good strategy.

But the main question is, what the hell happened to Komatsu?!?!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's more that he brings in those who others may think are insignificant or unnecessary (5 orphans, a bandit, etc) and build them up into something that could change the world.

Jirou's power should indeed fit his style and his moves. However I don't think it would be a manipulation of liquid of hydrogen atoms.

Ichi's, let's say "basic" technique is Chopsticks. Midora's is Hungry Tongue. Going by that, I would assume Knocking is Jirou's. So I think Jirou's World/Space would be something related to his true strength, his brutality, and his appetite energy. Guinness Punch might have been a hint at what it was.

Let's see...maybe call it Brutal Domain. Jirou would release his true strength that Acacia sealed long ago. Maybe it also has something to do with more tools similar to the Wolf King's Fangs.

I don't know why you guys are worried about Toriko. We've just seen him use his Ogre Appetite Energy for the first time so I'm pretty sure we're getting ready to see a lot more techniques involving that. Same with Coco.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the knocking would make more sense. Maybe Power House Knocking Domain. Ohhhhh that sounds good.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

How can knocking have its own world? It would be silly if he has to get near his opponent and perform knocking. Ichi and Midora have complete dominance over their worlds. They don't have to move an inch. All they have to do is stand and watch.
    And we've already seen Jirou perform a world wide knocking. Having another wide scaled knocking technique wouldn't be impressive to me anymore.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

How can knocking have its own world? It would be silly if he has to get near his opponent and perform knocking. Ichi and Midora have complete dominance over their worlds. They don't have to move an inch. All they have to do is stand and watch.
    And we've already seen Jirou perform a world wide knocking. Having another wide scaled knocking technique wouldn't be impressive to me anymore.
    Touchless knocking? duhh. He has total control over his domain.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Touchless knocking? duhh. He has total control over his domain.
    Touchless knocking would still look silly. And it won't stand a chance against Ichi or Midora's world. And he won't have complete control over his world. Only to the living and moving things within it.
    Knocking won't work in Minority World because the minority would be the atoms that resists knocking.
    Very much more in Hungry Space because it creates little black holes. He can knock Midora but what would he do about those black holes?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast