Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69

Thread: Higa versus Hyotei

  1. #31
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by TFJ View Post
    Why do we assume Chitose can control what shot he uses in Muga? Am I just not knowledged enough, I thought usually it was unconscious, but he is smart idk.

    Why do we assume Chitose would even play?
    .
    Its unconscious to a certain extent.
    If you notice, the moves that Muga brings out are always the most useful moves to the situation.
    Like when Ryoma's Muga brought out what I believe is Shukuchiho against Kintaro in the one-point match.
    Where Kintaro's first smash against Twist Serve and the ball flies past Ryoma.
    Spoiler show

    Check the page before it, to see how he suddenly teleports to behind him.

    There's also the way Ryoma spammed Fuu against Sanada.

    Chitose will naturally end up spamming moves that Kabaji cannot hit back. Muga is a top move when it comes to the MSers.

  2. #32
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    ^I believe he just turned around his own axis in that situation, no special moves involved.

  3. #33
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Well the post said Chitose was clever and could use Mugs to beat him by first hitting weaker shots etc, but that gives him a lot of autonomy if he can control that much.

  4. #34
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    ^I believe he just turned around his own axis in that situation, no special moves involved.
    He suddenly arrived at the baseline instantly, yet he brought out Muga?

  5. #35
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    He suddenly arrived at the baseline instantly, yet he brought out Muga?
    Uh, he was at the baseline the entire time, it was right after his serve:
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27233...apter-336.html

  6. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Well then why was there emphasis on Muga as if that was the reason he was able to reach the move when all he did was pivot around to get the shot?

  7. #37
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Muga also boosts your speed and power, it's not only about using random moves. He probably would've been too slow without it.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    He only got the badge because Date and Ban forfeited at match point. That's hardly what I'd call earning the position.
    They forfeited because they knew they would have been crushed by the light because they weren't strong enough to lift it on their own. I always thought it was a symbolic way of saying that Kabaji Kawamura had more power.

    Plus Niou used Kabaji's strength to overwhelm the U 17 numbers 9 and 10. He even hit the rackets out of their hands.

    Also just as a thought could Kabaji copy Muga?
    Last edited by floman; September 19, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

  10. #39
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    They forfeited because they knew they would have been crushed by the light because they weren't strong enough to lift it on their own. I always thought it was a symbolic way of saying that Kabaji Kawamura had more power.
    I don't think it has anything to do with strength (as a matter of fact we even know that Date and Ban are stronger), but rather that Ban was too scared to move, and Kawamura and Kabaji saved him.

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Plus Niou used Kabaji's strength to overwhelm the U 17 numbers 9 and 10. He even hit the rackets out of their hands.
    Once. Inui also knocked away Yanagi's racket once during their match in Kanto, but afterwards Yanagi adjusted without problems. In other words, it probably wouldn't have worked a second time.

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Also just as a thought could Kabaji copy Muga?
    I don't see why not, given enough time. Not sure if he could actually copy anything with it though. The way Kabaji's Simple-minded Copy works is that he learns moves by seeing them once, but he also forgets them again after the match. Since Muga pulls the moves out of the user's subconscious memories, it might not work for Kabaji.

  11. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    India
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    You are completely right. I also think Kabaji would get destroyed by Chitose, I just wanted to try and defend him but I mostly wanted to figure out the extent of Atobe Kingdom's strength. The three moves that are most confusing to me right now are Mirror eyes, Atobe Kingdom and Wonder Castle.

    I think Atobe Kingdom could break through wonder castle, but then again Marui is said to have Godlike reflexes. Could it also beat Kin Chan's wild nature?

    If mirror eyes was actually that strong couldn't Fuwa beat Tohno? He could use mirror eyes after facing executions and win because Tohno can't take the pain.

    If the only way to beat atobe kingdom is through dislocating your shoulder or using TnK, would it work on Tanegamishima?

  12. #41
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,275
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    If mirror eyes was actually that strong couldn't Fuwa beat Tohno? He could use mirror eyes after facing executions and win because Tohno can't take the pain.
    Everybody who is ranked above Fuwa has better stats than him, so they probably wouldn't have to resort to their special moves in order to have the advantage against him.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Prince Of Tennis Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Tanegashima's tennis is quite confusing. He's style looks very effective against Sanada & those who have flashy techniques.
    But I wonder how it would work against Players like Irie, Yukimura.
    If Tanegashima plays against Irie or Yuki there will be endless rallying.
    Also Tanegashima stated that he would Hate to play against Irie. Right?????
    Does that mean anything???

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #43
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Well then why was there emphasis on Muga as if that was the reason he was able to reach the move when all he did was pivot around to get the shot?
    Possibly Shiraishi's Bible if it can be muga'd since Bible was used vs Fuji to pivot and hit a counter. Both are national moves so who knows.

  17. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    Tanegashima's tennis is quite confusing. He's style looks very effective against Sanada & those who have flashy techniques.
    But I wonder how it would work against Players like Irie, Yukimura.
    If Tanegashima plays against Irie or Yuki there will be endless rallying.
    Also Tanegashima stated that he would Hate to play against Irie. Right?????
    Does that mean anything???
    It seems to me Tanegashima would have problem against people who don't rely on special moves, and Irie does not rely on special moves (Trollface is not a special move) which would explain why Tanegashima said he hates playing Irie.

    ---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    You are completely right. I also think Kabaji would get destroyed by Chitose, I just wanted to try and defend him but I mostly wanted to figure out the extent of Atobe Kingdom's strength. The three moves that are most confusing to me right now are Mirror eyes, Atobe Kingdom and Wonder Castle.

    I think Atobe Kingdom could break through wonder castle, but then again Marui is said to have Godlike reflexes. Could it also beat Kin Chan's wild nature?

    If mirror eyes was actually that strong couldn't Fuwa beat Tohno? He could use mirror eyes after facing executions and win because Tohno can't take the pain.

    If the only way to beat atobe kingdom is through dislocating your shoulder or using TnK, would it work on Tanegamishima?
    Atobe Kingdom is more of an 'inherent truth of the universe' as opposed to a tech. That is, based on an opponent's position, there's always some spot that is inherently impossible for him to reach no matter what. Atobe Kingdom merely reveals what this spot is. The shot Atobe hits is nothing special, but it doesn't have to be because he's hitting to a spot that, by definition, cannot be returned.

    So you can basically say the chance to even reach a shot made by Atobe Kingdom is 0%, so even if Tanegashima can nullify any tech, he still can't return AK because he can't reach the shot in the first place. So far, the only defense against AK would be Tezuka Zone and possibly the smoke effect from guys with power from another dimension (can't see their blind spots if you can't see them!).

    That said, Tanegashima is the #2, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just uses a variant of the Tezuka Zone. After all, all you need to do is move the ball just a tiny bit so that it can't hit that 'impossible to return' spot, and presumably as long as the ball didn't hit the impossible spot, Tanegashima would be more than capable of returning it.

    ---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

    Sanada said only 3 guys have completely mastered Muga, which is himself, Yukimura, and Chitose. I'm pretty sure Chitose can consciously select what moves to use since he's one of the 3 guys that mastered it, so unlike Ryoma he can definitely select which moves he wants to use instead of just using them in a seemingly random order.

    Kabaji can no doubt copy Muga itself, but I don't think he'd be able to copy Chitose's mastery, so he'd just be using Muga randomly versus a guy who can control what moves to use, and he'd lose. Even if he does have full control over Muga, Chitose must have more experience and should win. I believe Kabaji's copying is not instantaneous, so Chitose can simply just cycle through different moves.

  18. #45
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Higa versus Hyotei

    Wait, what?

    You're all saying Chitose is a great tactician... what has he done to earn that? He only countered Tezuka because he studied Muga for a long time, not because he was a master tactician... and what does hat make Tezuka then? A dumbass that showed Kabaji every single one of his techs? I wonder why he doesn't have a 0.5 in mental then.

    Kabaji has always showed to surprass his rival EVERY SINGLE TIME he manages to copy him, even freaking Tezuka (he couldn't do it to Jirou btw, inb4 you name him). Dunno why Chitose would be an exception.

    Hyotei HAS chances to beat Shiten, they are around the same level. Silver pair has a better coordination than any pair in Shiten (maybe Gin would KO one of them, but that's another story), Kabaji is a monster that will copy everything that isn't a natural ability, Dirty Pair is OK (they might be better than funny pair), Atobe is... Atobe, and Jirou.... sleeps? lol

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts