Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SuperNovas alliances

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SuperNovas alliances

^ I'm sry but wrong wrong and oh wait wrong again. Bonney was seen reading about the alliances and eating a pizza slice. And what's this about BB catching Bonney in order to become a Yonko? He caught her in order to trade her in for a battleship AKA a deal with the marines. But Sakazuki was on the ship so BB & Crew retreated. Jewelry Bonney was still chained to the pole when Sakazuki confronted her, that is all we know.

There, gap filled.
    The three brothers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony p View Post
    I read it again. If you refer the woman page 3 > no evidence for Bonney.

Bonney delivered to Marine was a mean for BB to become a Yonko.

Also, not only her did got delivered but her whole crew had been.

If you can explain me the gap..
    First of all you don't become yonko by delivering a Pirate to the goverment. Yonko is a status achieved by beeing just so much stronger and having much more influence than all other pirates around. The girl on Chapter 700 page 3 is obviously Bonney. We don't have to explain anything, that is Oda's job what her story was (the grudge against the marines, connection with whitebeard etc.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

1. BB delivered Bonney to get a battleship. But later On the Gorosei talked about BB delivered Bonney as a +1 factor to make him a Yonko.

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h...Q9QEwAw&dur=73

2. your conclusion"We don't have to explain anything".. "But Sakazuki was on the ship so BB & Crew retreated. Jewelry Bonney was still chained to the pole when Sakazuki confronted her, that is all we know. "

3. the gap is def not filled as no one knows why she is not jailed in Impel Down.

4. Sorry if it does not sound very obvious for me..
    Last edited by tony p; October 17, 2013 at 02:23 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^ it wasn't a +1 for BB to become one of the Yonko. They were saying that it was a testiment of his strength, being able to take down one of the supernovas with a bounty over 100 000 000 Beli as easy as he did, and right after the war at that.
    The three brothers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony p View Post
    1. BB delivered Bonney to get a battleship. But later On the Gorosei talked about BB delivered Bonney as a +1 factor to make him a Yonko.

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h...Q9QEwAw&dur=73

2. your conclusion"We don't have to explain anything".. "But Sakazuki was on the ship so BB & Crew retreated. Jewelry Bonney was still chained to the pole when Sakazuki confronted her, that is all we know. "

3. the gap is def not filled as no one knows why she is not jailed in Impel Down.

4. Sorry if it does not sound very obvious for me..
    Sorry if what I said came out wrong but:

1. BB wanted to exchange Bonney for a battleship. The Gororsei can only chose Shichibukai, Yonko is not a title you can earn physically. It could be that in the future there are 5-6 rulers that rule everything or maybe only 2.
    2. Yes that's all we know and 2 years later she's free again.
    3. This gap is not something we as readers can explain because we only know that Sakazuki got to her and that she's free 2 years later. If we try to explain it it's fan fiction. Example: Sakazuki is her father and only wanted to save her. She defeated Sakazuki and got away. She became the last Shichibukai for a pardon. All of them have a small possibility but they are without any facts.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes sence to think that Law has Drake as an ally. In order to take Kaido, Law could stop the smiles and Drake could sabotage Kaido from inside his crew somehow. Since there is a huge gap between them and a Yonkou, that could be a effective plan. I don't know if we could call this an evidence, but I remember when they first met, and Law asked "How many did you already kill?". What kinda question is that? And both are from the same blue... Well, I do believe that they could be allies.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't see luffy allying with anyone since roger didn't as we saw during the Edd war.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    I really don't see luffy allying with anyone since roger didn't as we saw during the Edd war.
    He's already joined an alliance. His alliance with Law was critical to the Punk Hazard and Dressrosa Arc.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just quoting as it's the same post in both threads and they share the same users too.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Roger didn't have to wage a war against WG. Also, there's weren't that many pirates/pirate alliances before. Roger started the Age of Pirates. Something to think about man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You don't see the whole Dressrosa arc and well... the entire manga as a preperation with bonds and alliances since the start of the series? It's not something that may happen or not, it's unstoppable and will have to happen at the end of the series.

Gol isn't Luffy and neither is reverse, there are parallels betweem those characters, their attitude, but it would be deadly dull if their end would be similar too. Luffy will have to win where Roger failed at, Luffy will be more than Roger ever was if the series will have a positive ending.

OP, a series about failed fathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Luffy does not have to do the exact same things Roger did. It's just a loose parallel meant to reinforce that Luffy is Roger's spiritual successor. The fact is that Luffy already has formed an alliance with another pirate, that bridge has been crossed. Even if his alliance with Law is temporary, Luffy has already shown that he is willing to form alliances with like minded pirates. His alliance with Law will, of course, probably be permanent. This is One Piece, friendship is central to the story. New friends are not made just to be cast aside. Law won't be any different. Either way, Luffy already has formed an alliance, and he probably will again in the future.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2