Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121

Thread: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Iran
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Spoiler show


    anyway , I think we should stop comparing it with Genesis story because kishi only used some of concept ....

    now , This Tree turned to a greedy tree who looked human as his food ...

    Naruto Story is a Godless story .... as you see there is no difference between Bad Guys ET and Good Guys ET .... so that mean they have no hell and heaven concept .... and they had no God to stop them from toying with dead people ....

    by the way , both Oro (super bad guy ) and Naruto ( so called super good guy ) will have same fate after their death ..
    Last edited by shafagh; September 18, 2013 at 02:55 AM.
    خداحافظ

  2. #32
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show


    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    by the way , both Oro (super bad guy ) and Naruto ( so called super good guy ) will have same fate after their death ..
    How do you know this?
    We have only seen the afterlife for one person so far - Kakashi's dad - and that wasn't even the real afterlife (he said he felt free to move on now). We have no idea what happens to people when they do move on - where they go, what they do, etc.
    Unless you mean what will happen to their physical bodies - but following all the experimentation that Orochimaru has performed on himself, I have no doubt that his body will not behave in the usual way following his spirit leaving his body.
    Last edited by zimbardo; September 18, 2013 at 03:03 AM.
    Infinite RAGE!

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Some trees just love to see the world burn...

    Believe it or not, last year I caught one of those fu****s how he was trying to uproot the south wall of my house. It was only thanks to my quick intervention that worse could be prevented... a mere century longer and who knows how many people would have died under the collapsing building.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #34
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    I think the biggest problem is that what it is doing makes zero sense. As we know so far from what Madara explained, the tree is capable of creating more fruits, which is what Obito is trying to achieve in 15 minutes time, so for it to be pissed that a single replaceable fruit was consumed is rather ridiculous.

    It just seems unreasonably selfish. Another thing that has already been touched upon is that, there were Chakra wars after the Sages mother ate the fruit, its not that she gave birth to Chakra users IIRC (only Rikudou) but the wars had already evolved. My thoughts is that the God Plant was suppressing the humans ability to use Chakra for whatever reason and the fruit was key to removing that limitation.

    Rikudou being the father of all chakra usage makes very little sense.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Ok, another thing that bothers me about this, this is basically what Madara said happen:

    God Tree: "Ok, I don't want to share this chakra, so I will make a fruit....because"
    Kaguya: "Oh, a fruit of power, I think I will eat that"
    God Tree: "I am mighty angry at you right now"
    *25 years passes*
    God Tree: "hey! Sage, are you old and powerful enough to seal me up now?"
    Sage of 6 paths: "uh, yeah....why?"
    God Tree: "Then it's GARLIC TIME! DIE MADDAFAKKA!!"
    Meh

  8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #36
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Ok, another thing that bothers me about this, this is basically what Madara said happen:

    God Tree: "Ok, I don't want to share this chakra, so I will make a fruit....because"
    Kaguya: "Oh, a fruit of power, I think I will eat that"
    God Tree: "I am mighty angry at you right now"
    *25 years passes*
    God Tree: "hey! Sage, are you old and powerful enough to seal me up now?"
    Sage of 6 paths: "uh, yeah....why?"
    God Tree: "Then it's GARLIC TIME! DIE MADDAFAKKA!!"
    Spoiler show
    Funny how Kishi developed a plot hole by creating an explanation for the whole situation.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  10. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    anyway , I think we should stop comparing it with Genesis story because kishi only used some of concept ....

    now , This Tree turned to a greedy tree who looked human as his food ...

    Naruto Story is a Godless story .... as you see there is no difference between Bad Guys ET and Good Guys ET .... so that mean they have no hell and heaven concept .... and they had no God to stop them from toying with dead people ....

    by the way , both Oro (super bad guy ) and Naruto ( so called super good guy ) will have same fate after their death ..
    We wouldn't really be comparing this situation with the Genesis story if Kishimoto didn't draw the comparison to begin with . As you said, the Naruto story is indeed a godless story seen through the rules of moral relativism where there is no such thing as discrete good and evil because for one, the concept of absolute good and evil comes from the concept of god to begin with. This is really the reason the god tree's backstory is problematic. If there is no god in this story, then who came up with the rule that the fruit was forbidden to eat? In hind sight, if you say only the tree had a problem with people eating its fruit, then who or what is the tree to be playing god and telling people what they should and shouldn't be doing? Having a story come so far as it did, just to suddenly insert such an idea that's contradictory to all of its previous themes puts it out of place.

    Spoiler show


    That said, I believe this manga was doing exceptionally well up to the point when Naruto changed from a hard working idiot reaching for his goals to a child of prophecy that couldn't lose because he was supposed to eventually save the world.... which now turns out that the reason the world needs saving is because the ancestor of shinobi ate a forbidden fruit.

    Its fine to have a godless world setting, but biblical based stories just don't seem to fit into those kinds of settings without seeming corny and out of place.
    Last edited by Anduren; September 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the Milky Way Galaxy
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Haha the onion thing was hilarious. watch it really have one more transformation into a giant onion.

  13. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    897
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Funny how Kishi developed a plot hole by creating an explanation for the whole situation.
    Yes this imo if Madaras story is true is the biggest gaping plot hole in the series. Man....I don't know if he can tie up the loose ends here
    Meh

  14. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the Milky Way Galaxy
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    It looks like were going to be dealing with a new sub arc eventually.

  15. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Iran
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Quote:
    How do you know this?
    actually , IMO there were no good ninja (killer who kill for money ) in first place , but let ignore this simple fact and look at this story as an idiot 5 yrs old kids who has no mind and can't judge and question manga ( kishi just write his story for this type of readers )

    there is no difference between Zabuza and some one like Asuma .... it seems all of them were endlessly sleep ... they even doesn't aware of what going in world .....

    side note : now that Naruto world is godless ,heaven-less and hell-less world , then Oro is the only rational being , because he want to be immortal
    خداحافظ

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #42
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    side note : now that Naruto world is godless ,heaven-less and hell-less world , then Oro is the only rational being , because he want to be immortal
    Nope - there is definitely an afterlife of some form or other (maybe not a heaven or hell by your definition), this page (for example, and jutsu like ET) shows as much.
    Being rational doesn't require an afterlife.

    Also, I would say that Orochimaru is quite rational. His reason for trying to become immortal has little to do with him wanting to live forever (as such) but rather with him having enough time to study ninjutsu to its fullest. He wants to know everything and realizes that he will never have enough time for that (probably not even if he actually did become immortal).

    So, with that in mind, and also realizing that this is a fantasy world where the afterlife could be anything at all (there may even be an individual place for the afterlife specific to each ninja) - I ask again, how do you know that
    Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    both Oro (super bad guy ) and Naruto ( so called super good guy ) will have same fate after their death ..
    ?
    Last edited by zimbardo; September 20, 2013 at 03:24 AM.
    Infinite RAGE!

  18. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Personal answer? Depending on how long human beings existed since the last fruit bloomed, the fruit may have been something else being born into the world that would have ended the conflict. I mean, people were told by something or someone not to eat the stupid thing so obviously something was bound to happen with the fruit. Also, the fruit could be seen as the trees "child" so it being a parent may be a bit miffed that some two legged flesh bag ate it's "child" and then used it's power.

    Then again, maybe the god tree liked being an asshole who like to mess with the two legged flesh bags.

    God Tree: "Hey humans guess what? I got this tasty fruit that'll give you god like powers!"
    Humans: "Great, we can eat this to put a stop our wars!
    God Tree: Huh? You wanna eat it? Are you stupid or something? This delicious bastard ain't for eatin'."
    Humans: "Wha...well what's it for then!?"
    God Tree: "What do you mean "what's it for then"? It ain't for you and that's all you need to know.
    Humans: "Bu...but..."
    God Tree: "I have spoken! Now if don't mind, I must put this succulent beast right in arm's reach. I can trust you guys not to eat it right?"
    Humans:...

  19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the Milky Way Galaxy
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Personal answer? Depending on how long human beings existed since the last fruit bloomed, the fruit may have been something else being born into the world that would have ended the conflict. I mean, people were told by something or someone not to eat the stupid thing so obviously something was bound to happen with the fruit. Also, the fruit could be seen as the trees "child" so it being a parent may be a bit miffed that some two legged flesh bag ate it's "child" and then used it's power.

    Then again, maybe the god tree liked being an asshole who like to mess with the two legged flesh bags.

    God Tree: "Hey humans guess what? I got this tasty fruit that'll give you god like powers!"
    Humans: "Great, we can eat this to put a stop our wars!
    God Tree: Huh? You wanna eat it? Are you stupid or something? This delicious bastard ain't for eatin'."
    Humans: "Wha...well what's it for then!?"
    God Tree: "What do you mean "what's it for then"? It ain't for you and that's all you need to know.
    Humans: "Bu...but..."
    God Tree: "I have spoken! Now if don't mind, I must put this succulent beast right in arm's reach. I can trust you guys not to eat it right?"
    Humans:...
    Let me add to that..

    *1000 year later*
    The Shinobi Alliance: Shit, were losing horribly.
    Isn't there anything we can do?
    Even Naruto and Sasuke are no help.

    Mystery Voice: Don't worry guys. Im here!



    Shinobi Alliance: Its the lumberjack Ninja! Were saved!!
    *Tree gets chopped*

    Naruto & Sasuke: Were idiots...

  21. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Why is the god tree a giant douche bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Feels as if everything from the start of the war to now was rushed horribly. But I'm guessing the tree is a douche because it didn't want the humans to eat its dangerous fruit. The fruit was probably used to regulate the world or something, and now after being consumed another fruit can't grow. Or the Juubi was biding its time trying to get more chakra from the fruit, though that makes no sense either.

    What if the chakra fruit was meant for animals?
    rushed and poorly planned

    it almost seems like he was winging it from week to week instead of actually thinking things out

    it makes me wonder if he even thought out the whole tobi being the mastermind of the akatsuki or if he just played it by ear and did it on a whim

    still a good manga, hell naruto is still great

    however this ending is probably going to leave a bad taste in our mouthes, and leave us thinking how good the ending could have been.....

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts