Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: wrapping up magnostadt arc

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

wrapping up magnostadt arc

so far developments seem satisfactory upto chapter 197 , here are some points which could be explained from the recent developments

about the twist of titus's death to stop mogamett and medium :
    titus was the clone (or proxy? ) of a magi ...besides he was damn fine magician himself , so his quantity of magoi should be more than enough to be established as source of white rukh among dark rukh sea ... i remember there were other peoples white rukh also , but titus himself was the main source which is big enough logically ...

and it was presented such a way that kept the impact of surprise alive ... when he died we felt he was wrong guy in wrong place to stop moga but in the end he was th only person with enough white rukh to make moga hesitate for the time being ...so he was the right person and definitely was at the right place to die .

secondary purpose of the arrival of 7 sea alliance :
    the arrival of 7 sea alliance also has a secondary purpose which is revealed in this chapter (ch197) , moga said if it was not for aladin , all super powers of the world would never agree to join hands forgetting their difference, this could play important role in political sector in the aftermath of war.

judals neutrality :
    as for judals neutrality , i think he is still after the solomons wishdom but his late entry could be justified as he was neither powerful enough to go against alliance nor he had enough backup , he stood for a strategical point of view ...

avoiding the overuse of solomons wishdom :
    also the most important fact for me was that Solomons wishdom was not misused as i thought it would be back in chapter 196...he just used it to have a final talk with moga , which gave aladin a new goal as magi...titus's white rukh and moga's weak dark rukh were the crucial part here along with 13 extreme magics...even if aladins S.W was to be used before the war even started , the crisis could not have been avoided as mogamett had to see the damage he had done to both goi and magicians to be truly sorry and atone and ultimately giving him proper reason to hesitate as a weak medium core. and am glad use of solomons wishdom has not been the troubleshooting type this time as shown in the recent chapter (ch 197)

al-shermens agenda and alma toran mysteries
    now that kou prince is hell bent to know the alma toran origin and other histories aladin and yunan has to provide more informations gradually. already we have seen some faces of alma toran council...
    also al-shermen failed in the magno experiment which gives them reasons to continue more sinister plans , but arrival of new villains/antagonists is necessary now... the next setting has to be more grand which will be difficult at this point as it seems all the aces are used ... dark continent might be the next arc...also dont forget solomons wishdom was the target of al shermen back in zagan arc. and there might be more crucial developments regarding the djinn which might seem inconsistent for the time being ,

about titus's sudden revival: (updated after ch 199):
    there could be several reasons behind titus fast revival
    1.if he started from infant level it would have taken too much time
    2.al-shermen previously kidnapped an infant to raise as their magi (judal)
    2.Reim empire without the immediate knowledge of sher would fall as she was the foundation of reim for 200 years
    3.sher had her clone ready so that reim never is magiless
    4.titus was only a rukh harvested later to be used as sher's magi vessel which temporarily left the body to stop mogamett.
    so i think going with this type of rushed plot development was mangaka's logical choice

sinbad's scheme about magnostadt warfare : (updated after chapter 199)
    as hakuei said in chapter 198, sin calculated the event of magno much earlier... he began his plotting even before aladin's arrival in magno
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...D/c153/14.html
    firstly, he knew aladin, if he goes there will find out the problems and abnormalities regarding magno . so he influenced sher with letters to do the same (ch 153) ... and as sin knew sher was more than 200 years older and if he can somehow take sher to his side , when sherry is gone he can have huge influence over reim too...and look at the situation now...kou,reim,magno did most of the war and magno goes to sin now...more over a confederation is also established ... the most important fact about sin estimating the event , seemed to me his arrival with the allience ...magno war lasted maybe 2-3 days maximum but sin arrived with the allience at specifically when every one was exhausted
    initially i thought he and his generals will arrive for rescue but bringing the alliance is whole another thing ... you cant just gather each leader in 2 days... you need months to prepare...sin could never pull it off unless he calculated correctly when to enter and what to bargain with ...at the end of the magno is under sin , i believe at this point controlling magno is more valuable than balbadd or any other province (which is under kou) from strategic, political power point of view...

i believe many questions are unanswered upto this point, .
    overall do you find any more loose ends ? can you explain it ? are they not logically sound and believable ? feel free to point out relevant confusions and questions regarding magnoshtadt arc .
    Last edited by headless nick; September 30, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: wrapping up magnostadt arc

WoW. You sir must have a lot of time to do all this research! I'm glad that you were able to pin point all this important factors in the current arc of Magi.

I agree that if it wasn't because of Titus, Aladdin and his group and the Magnostadt and the world would be in much more despair. I'm glad he has a huge purpose in the manga aside from giving us the killing feels and being as clone of a Magi.

Oh btw, please so wrap spoiler tags next time. There are some very spoilery things around here

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

judals powerup is missing...i wonder how strong he is now that he hast he black rukh that was on par with all metal vessel users + the power he displayed in the past

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Son-Derling View Post
    judals powerup is missing...i wonder how strong he is now that he hast he black rukh that was on par with all metal vessel users + the power he displayed in the past
    actually i dont have enough factual informations about judal's powerup . i mean his past or pre timeskip powerup has not been shown or explained yet , so far what we know he being a fallen magi (who was manipulated by al-shermen at infant level ) can control huge amount of dark rukh at this point ... he is a magi , i believe he already is more powerful than most of vessel users ... from the look of control he has over dark rukh now , i'd say its damn scary ... although am very interested in judal and haku's next step , what will be their scheme with this massive amount of dark rukh at this point i wonder ... so i just updated the recent facts after chapter 199
    Last edited by headless nick; September 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Dudes, look what I found. Titus must be referenced about Emperor Titus of Rome.
    And the First Jewish-Roman war must have been the Magnostadt vs Reim war.
    I've just read this and wow... Magi has a lot of instore with the plot and the references

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Dudes, look what I found. Titus must be referenced about Emperor Titus of Rome.
    And the First Jewish-Roman war must have been the Magnostadt vs Reim war.
    I've just read this and wow... Magi has a lot of instore with the plot and the references
    good find ... pretty interesting ...
    magi, from the very beginning is heavily inspired from history and science ... mangaka frequently pays her tribute to these aspects at the same time provides original thoughts and stories .. its one of the reason magi feels more drawn to psychological nature of human and behind the reasons of war and crisis...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I like about Magi. First it used the Arabian Nights as reference to its plot. You'll never see a manga/anime who will use Arabian theme for its plot nowadays. Magi is a rare find, a proof that a manga can also level up with those mainstream mangas like Naruto, FT, etc.

Not only that, Magi had always introduce us in the most unknown, or most unlikely noticeable part of our history. I'm predicting that if ever we will have the Alma Torran arc, there's a possibility Ohtaka might use reference from the Bible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if you think about it there's a connection between Magi, and not just the Arabian nights, but also Judaism.Of course we have Solomon, which is a major figure in both Islamic and Jewish religion. Then we have the Djinns who are directly derived from the Ars Goetia. And even the name Torran sounds like Torah....
    Ohtaka did a great job when adapting the Arabian nights.Tbh it was the reason I picked it up.I'm a big fan of the Arabian nights. But unlike many mangakas, she didn't try to follow the story faithfully.What I like the most about it is how diverse the world of Magi is.It's not just the typical Arabian setting. There's different locations like the Kou empire, Reim etc and I can't wait for her to show other places.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

i was waiting for a book called bartemaeus trilogy which was about a boy and his djinn on 19th century english setting ... i forgot how i came to know about magi but when i found it , i was already under the magic of arabian/persian themed adventure and magic . i still remember reading the whole balbadd arc n one go and stopping in first sindria arc as chapters were not out after that ... i was already a huge fan of one piece and fma so the manga did magic for me...a long running shounen on arabian setting with the potential of vast adventure, unique dungeon diving experiences and thought provoking storytelling was more than enough to make me believe it would become one of big 3 one day... balbadd arc was something new to the shounen genre and i was amazed by its execution ... btw so far its in big 3 in terms of manga sale of 1st half 2013

i wish the anime had the correct format (obviously not a 24 epi messy format franchise) and didn't skipped so much information and added such lame filler which destroyed the epicness of zagan arc and killed such good established character developments ... they say the anime helped grow a fanbase but it would have been soo much larger fanbase if it was done right and in right format...who knows maybe it would have become one of top 3/top 5 long running battle shounen anime...
    anyway after season 2 they wont have any material left and magi as anime will be forgotten soon ...unless there is chance that it will be remade ... A1 should do anime original ending this time so that it gets a remake ... i dont care anymore about A1 adaptations ...they have no sense of perfection .

so back to the point ....if you like persian/arabian adventure shonen with historical background i suggest you check Shoukoku no Altair and rampoo ...

EDIT
    my mistake... rampoo's full name was
    Arabian Majin Boukentan Lamp Lamp it was by OBATA Takeshi from deathnote fame and its chapters are also named in night basis like magi . they are actually quite similar in some aspects
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1265
    http://www.mangapark.com/manga/arabi...p-lamp/v1/c1/1

and the other one, Shoukoku no Altair ... this one's a pretty interesting manga
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=12229
    http://mangafox.me/manga/shoukoku_no...01/c001/2.html
    Last edited by headless nick; October 03, 2013 at 02:28 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I'm gonna check Shoukoku no Altair since I like the Turkish/Ottoman setting. But Rampoo I'm not quite sure.It kinda reminds me of Patalliro.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am on chapter 157 now, what chapter does this arc end on ?

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i am on chapter 157 now, what chapter does this arc end on ?
    sorry a bit late ,
    the arc ends at chapter 198 i think ... but the after effect of the war continues for a few more chapters , and probably its going to be connected as an aftermath with the next summit arc .. so there you go ... chapter 149 - 198 is the magnoshtadt arc of magi .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by headless nick View Post
    sorry a bit late ,
    the arc ends at chapter 198 i think ... but the after effect of the war continues for a few more chapters , and probably its going to be connected as an aftermath with the next summit arc .. so there you go ... chapter 149 - 198 is the magnoshtadt arc of magi .
    im on 187 now, this is some epic stuff

im glad i picked up this manga, i never thought i would like it this much

New Reply