Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What Was the Last Visual Novel You Played, What is Next on Your List

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What Was the Last Visual Novel You Played, What is Next on Your List

Post here about what games you have played what game you most recently finished, and what you next plan on playing.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Was the Last Visual Novel You Played, What is Next on Your List

I've recently played Fate/Hollow Ataraxia but can't finish it yet because some translations towards the end are missing =/ Still a way better VN than I first thought. It can't compare to Fate/Stay Night but it's a lot better than it's first impression and surpasses F/SN on certain aspects too. For now I'm playing Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, pretty different in concept to the other VN's I've played but nevertheless quite good. Only finished the first episode so I obviously can't tell all that much yet.

Not sure what I'm going to try afterwards but most likely either Ever17 or G-Senjou.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I finished Fate/Stay Night but my next VN will be Umineko... Maybe Little Busters! after that. Maybe I'll wait until the patch for Ecstasy is done though...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that Ecstasy is some kind of adult version of the game? Is it just added adult content or are there changes to the story/ a more mature approach?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I've heard that Ecstasy is some kind of adult version of the game? Is it just added adult content or are there changes to the story/ a more mature approach?
    Ecstasy adds adult content for every heroine and adds 3 more heroines with their own routes. Furthermore some lines are changed. It's like an updated version of the original game.

Well I know the story from the Anime as well as some parts of the second season. It is pretty "mature" or what do you mean?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Ecstasy adds adult content for every heroine and adds 3 more heroines with their own routes. Furthermore some lines are changed. It's like an updated version of the original game.

Well I know the story from the Anime as well as some parts of the second season. It is pretty "mature" or what do you mean?
    Mature approach is like more dark/violent/thought-provoking/etc. In a sense I meant if the overall story gets changed? I read that there will be an anime adaption of Ecstasy too, so I was wondering if they just add the new content there or if it will retell/change the story.

So wouldn't it be better to just start with Ecstasy and ignore the original, if most stuff is similar and the rest is additional content?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Mature approach is like more dark/violent/thought-provoking/etc. In a sense I meant if the overall story gets changed? I read that there will be an anime adaption of Ecstasy too, so I was wondering if they just add the new content there or if it will retell/change the story.

So wouldn't it be better to just start with Ecstasy and ignore the original, if most stuff is similar and the rest is additional content?
    LB ~Refrain will be pretty dark yes.
    Ecstasy will have an Anime too? Oh this will be pretty ecchi...
    But yes most of the stuff is pretty similar. Just the new heroines as far as I know. So I wonder why they want to animate that...

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been playing Katawa Shoujo for several days now. It's a project made by Four Leafs Studio, and the game is free to play. You could get it here. The setting/girls might set you aback, but for me personally the story is decent to keep me playing for several routes already.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since I had some time in my hands to hikkikomi, I finished Soukou Akki Muramasa. It has a pretty good story (well Nitro+ made it so....).thou vertical text style was a little annoying since they just decided to put it in the middle of the screen.It should be played as it is long but good.

My next game I think I am gonna go with Grisia series or Maji series. Hopefully they will be as good as Muramasa....

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dropped Umineko a while ago, the format just isn't my thingie. The story wasn't bad at all, so maybe I will finish it at one point. Waiting with LB until Ecstasy is released, so for now I will try Ever 17, a VN I've heard many good things about

New Reply