Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
...from the Dark Continent? Just a hypothesis, but if you look at some of Togashi's trends, you'll see that he's a fan of recycling and refining plot ideas from his two previous series:
1. Greed Island was inspired from the RPG Island in Level E.
2. The relationship between Sensui and Itsuki from Yu Yu Hakusho is reminiscent of the relationship between Gon and Killua (the duality of light and darkness).
3. Chimera Ants inspired from the female ants in Level E.
4. Territory system from Yu Yu Hakusho most likely inspired the Nen system in Hunter x Hunter.
5. Last but not least, Yusuke's ancestral heritage traces back to the Demon World with Raizen. The last arc for Yu Yu Hakusho dealt with the coexistence of multiple realms (Demon, Spirit, Human) which resonates with the current Dark Continent arc, and how most people are unaware of the existence of these areas. During the final arc, it's revealed that Yusuke has a demon ancestor, and that this is where the majority of his strength comes from. When Yusuke found out about this, he left the Human realm to search for his ancestor in the Demon realm.
Now, maybe the reason why Ging is so intent on going to the Dark Continent is because Gon's mother is there? In fact, maybe she's the one that told Ging about the Dark Continent to begin with? It could possibly explain why Gon is such an oddball character, with extraordinary senses and growth potential, similar to Yusuke and his hidden demon strength.
What do you guys think?
I don't think so, when asked by mito ging just said we broke up so... I think its a girl like palm just too crazy to be around for a long time
Gon's mother is the World Tree.
Gon's mother is a GI's IA.
Aren't there dozens of world trees out in the dark continent? And the one Gon climbed so happened to be a stunted version of the others too due to malnutrition not to mention being a tourist spot.