Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A possible Dream-World Arc?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused A possible Dream-World Arc?

I for one actually want to see what this whole "dream world" thing is going to be about...the manga's been quite dull recently. Even this chapter that I read recently just makes me dislike the main character even more...and this story in general. We've gone from a somewhat logical manga --> to a religious war story... --> to an illogical manga in many aspects...there are several plot holes that haven't been covered and there are many more being created with these current chapters.

Without further adue...I'd like to introduce what I feel about a possible Dream-World Arc:

1) It's very likely because Kishi hasn't really done a big announcement or anything on regards to whether Naruto is ending with this current 'War Arc' even though there are many signs that it is nearing it's ending... Kishi even said he wants to do more with the story in his interview...and write for atleast another year and a half...

2) A dream-world arc seems a lot more promising than this current war arc...we'd delve into each of the main characters thoughts and so-forth...if the 'dream world' is anything like the recent Naruto Shipp. movie then we'd get to see alternate realities or something of that extent.

3) We're approaching many illogical notions in this manga...so why not just go all out...go 'Bleach' if you will with the Naruto story through the use of a Dream-World Arc..

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A possible Dream-World Arc?

I pray to the manga gods watching over us, please spare us from this, we've suffered enough. It would be an abomination, to put it kindly.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they defeat Tobito before he can start eternal tsukuyomi. Naruto's been stretched out so long. It needs to end. Beat Tobito, save the day, bring peace to the ninja world, and end this manga please.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I don't think the manga can handle the sheer amount of corny a dream world would entail. Half the naruto chapters nowadays end up with naruto making some new awesome jebus like resolution to save the day. In fact naruto's resolution and determination and whatnot already exceeds his own chakra levels a billion fold. We could have had enough resolution and determination from the neji bit but evidently saving the world from slavery and whatnot was not enough for naruto's teenage angst. Seriously, how would this unfold? Can we, as readers, tolerate naruto going to a dream world and rejecting it for his nakama and for world peace and for neji and for all the tail he is going to get once he breaks out? Its a matrix ripoff except that the rejection of the dream is not caused by rejecting it in itself but by warm fussy feelings. I do not want to see the infinite tsukioyomi failing because of warm fussy feelings, I would much rather see the shinobi badassing and groinkicking god (or whatever the jubi and obito are). We know naruto is resolute. Now end this manga with whatever dignity it can scrap from when its mushy insides were splattered via super shinra tensei to the ground.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually conflicted here...

I do want all this arc to wrap up - Obito to finally die - and Naruto to reach his end goal (Hinata not the hokageship )
    I also do not see the joy in a dream ark, unfortunately.

However, at the same time, I always want more Naruto.

I'd rather that the mangaka instead finish Naruto's tale and show some flashbacks of other notable ninja...
    The village under Tobirama, 2nd Mizukage, Kisame, Nagato (man that would be superbly dark - much more interesting moral development), or a young Minato arc would all be much better ventures in my mind...
    Infinite RAGE!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Actually conflicted here...

I do want all this arc to wrap up - Obito to finally die - and Naruto to reach his end goal (Hinata not the hokageship )
    I also do not see the joy in a dream ark, unfortunately.

However, at the same time, I always want more Naruto.

I'd rather that the mangaka instead finish Naruto's tale and show some flashbacks of other notable ninja...
    The village under Tobirama, 2nd Mizukage, Kisame, Nagato (man that would be superbly dark - much more interesting moral development), or a young Minato arc would all be much better ventures in my mind...
    YESS!! This obito - madara arc is going on for way to dam long. Lets end it and continue with reviving the sage and his mother and battle the universe's ultimate evil!!!! Whatever that may be.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it's gonna happen.i can easily imagine some sort of imperfect tsyukomi taking place(maybe for a limited time or such...i mean kishi can totallly pull it off.).wouldn't that be hilarious.anyways,a dreamworld arc could actually turn out to be very interesting(darker art with heuco mundo kind of feel and background..).i don't read naruto often but i still think it wouldn't hurt to have another arc or two.everyone wants it to end already!!?
    the artist reveals and i revel. | goku the lordZ..

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Very doubtful it will happen honestly. Kishi said several times it's the climax and the manga is reaching the end soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Hopefully they defeat Tobito before he can start eternal tsukuyomi. Naruto's been stretched out so long. It needs to end. Beat Tobito, save the day, bring peace to the ninja world, and end this manga please.
    Agreed but I still want to see a Naruto vs Sasuke fight, I don't care anymore if it won't bring anything to the story, I don't expect anything from Naruto plotwise for quite a time.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. But from every climax theres a resolution. So that resolution could be one last final, but not as epic arc. Because one . I REALLLY WANT TO SEE how the sage looked like and his mother. There should be another series focused on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the uzumaki arc? Oh man, I want to know how powerful this clan is. And also, I want to know the usage of those mask.

Damn, I'm so freaking tired with the uchiha and senju's power(hashirama, btw) i think it's time for the uzumaki's sealing jutsu to be known/shown.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    How about the uzumaki arc? Oh man, I want to know how powerful this clan is. And also, I want to know the usage of those mask.

Damn, I'm so freaking tired with the uchiha and senju's power(hashirama, btw) i think it's time for the uzumaki's sealing jutsu to be known/shown.
    Ohhh helllll yess. Right after the life of the Sage's Arc!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this arc should be the last one, no more arcs after that please

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Im still supporting my idea for a new series about the Sage!! HOOHAA

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Im still supporting my idea for a new series about the Sage!! HOOHAA
    An arc about the Sage does seem like an awesome idea. He was born with chakra (something unheard of in his time), so he was probably feared like Naruto was as a kid.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I didn't think that into that much in depth. Now that you mention it, it does seem similar. But then again he was the son of a princess/ queen, so maybe it could be different. But then again when the queens back is turned, they could probably treat him like an animal like Naruto as a kid. mmm This is off to a good start.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast