Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Oni in retrospect

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Oni in retrospect

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Too bad Ryoma is bad at doubles.
    Kintaro is also just as apalling, so regardless of how good either one of them are, it won't work.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Oni in retrospect

Kin-Chan probably is among Konomi Sensei's Favorite characters.

Kin-Chan & Sanada keeps getting upgrades & Screentime although They're not that popular among fans. While popular characters like Fuji , Kirihara are being omitted.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oni in retrospect

Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    Kin-Chan probably is among Konomi Sensei's Favorite characters.

Kin-Chan & Sanada keeps getting upgrades & Screentime although They're not that popular among fans. While popular characters like Fuji , Kirihara are being omitted.
    Kin-Chan is a parallel for Ryoma, they are the two super rookies, they have polar opposite personalities, and their skills are pretty much equal, Kin-Chan gets power ups because Ryoma does, Konomi wants to keep them pretty even.

Sanada is a parallel for Atobe and Tezuka, the three of them are usually pretty equal, Tezuka unlocked the final muga door, Atobe created atobe kingdom, and Sanada got black aura

Kirihara was able to use his devil mode without losing his mind, that's a good upgrade

Fuji was shown losing to PoP Tezuka, that means he's going to now make a comeback with new counters and/or badass upgrades to his old counters, when Fuji loses he creates new moves that make him surpass whoever beat him before, so whatever he comes up with will be something that can possibly defeat PoP Tezuka

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of the point. If it was, say, Ryoma/Yukimura/Sanada that gain the upgrade, or really, Yukimura/Sanada, I don't think the argument will be there.

I am Kintarou+Ryoma fan, really. And I want to see both of them play doubles together so much. Too bad Ryoma is bad at doubles.
    I like Kintarou and Ryoma because they are the super rookies, they are pretty much equal
    Atobe, Sanada, and Tezuka are usually pretty equal, I like them too
    Yukimura's yips make matches kind of boring

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

What about the WOK and the Renji and Inui pair? Tachibana was my favorite character and Renji was supposed to be one of the three most powerful middle schoolers. They got a half upgrade and then faded away. Idk I like how they devloped the powerful trinity of Atobe, Tezuka and Sanada but in doing so they got rid of the doubles pairs they had developed before.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused about how strong Tanegamishima is. They compared him to Oni by saying they were even. Is that the Oni with the Kishin aura? Is that the Oni with the PoP (because if I remember properly none of the highschoolers were suprised when Oni unlocked PoP)? Is that Oni with the ten ball strike and BJK alone? This has probably been discussed before, but it's been something that seriously confuses me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni used Kishin aura in order to defeat Kaji, so I guess 10 balls + BJK can't be everything he used against Tanegashima. And I don't think that anyone can have fun playing against Shuuji tbh, lol.

That being said:

Spoiler show

So... I guess Oni didn't use his Aura for years.

It was prolly just 10 balls BJK Oni then.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought does that mean PoP Kintaro > Tanegamishima?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said that.

It depends on how strong PoP is and if it really is the ultimate aura. I'd like to know how Kintarou would go into PoP playing against a guy like Shuuji.

Now that I think about it (this is offtopic but screw it), shouldn't Tanegashima be able to do a null shot as a serve?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I was asking it as a question. I'm just saying Kintaro played equally with Oni with only ten ball strike and BJK. Therefore PoP Kintaro>> Oni with only ten ball strike and BJK. If Tanegamishima=Oni with only ten ball strike and BJK, PoP Kintaro>> Tanegamishima.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    I know I was asking it as a question. I'm just saying Kintaro played equally with Oni with only ten ball strike and BJK. Therefore PoP Kintaro>> Oni with only ten ball strike and BJK. If Tanegamishima=Oni with only ten ball strike and BJK, PoP Kintaro>> Tanegamishima.
    Well noticed.
    This means we have to wait and see if it is revealed roughly when the occasions Tanegashima VS Oni took place. During the end of 1st Year?
    Or during the time Oni stopped using Kijin Aura.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Until then, a decent indicator might be if we got closer to figuring out Oni's stats. If they're significantly lower than Tanegashima's, then it would be more likely that he'd need Kijin in order to get a draw. On the other hand, if they're the same or higher, a boost provided by Kijin should be significant enough to push Oni past a draw.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7