Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Toriko 251 Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 251 Discussion Thread

I don't know why, but i end up liking much more the characters from flashbacks than the current ones lol in One Piece young Whitebeard and Gold Roger are the best, in Naruto there are the old Hokages and other legendary ninjas, in Bleach young Isshin and the vizards were awesome, i loved Judeau in Berserk etc. etc. now Toriko too, young Jirou and the others are epic, i'm loving this flashback!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love flashbacks too, and it's so sad how the major villain so often seems like such a good character who must end up going through something awful enough to corrupt them. Madara and Hashirama's relationship in Naruto is a great example, Bleach less-so since we, as of now, have no real history on where any major villains came from lol. HSDK is another good example. However it's especially sad in this one, because Midora was basically a rolling calamity from the moment he was born, and it was never once his fault...yet. He was basically being set up to hate the world and become a villain, yet instead of doing so he nearly died instead and was saved by some awesome people. He seems humbled by their kindness, so it's sad that he goes completely evil eventually since apparently not even people of the caliber of Acacia and Frohze could redeem him. I really hope jealousy of the other disciples is not part of what makes him such a monster, and I'm further confused as to how he seems to show such tension towards Jirou yet is obsessed with Ichiryuu who barely said two words in this chapter lol. I guess we'll see how that changes in the next one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I love flashbacks too, and it's so sad how the major villain so often seems like such a good character who must end up going through something awful enough to corrupt them. Madara and Hashirama's relationship in Naruto is a great example, Bleach less-so since we, as of now, have no real history on where any major villains came from lol. HSDK is another good example. However it's especially sad in this one, because Midora was basically a rolling calamity from the moment he was born, and it was never once his fault...yet. He was basically being set up to hate the world and become a villain, yet instead of doing so he nearly died instead and was saved by some awesome people. He seems humbled by their kindness, so it's sad that he goes completely evil eventually since apparently not even people of the caliber of Acacia and Frohze could redeem him. I really hope jealousy of the other disciples is not part of what makes him such a monster, and I'm further confused as to how he seems to show such tension towards Jirou yet is obsessed with Ichiryuu who barely said two words in this chapter lol. I guess we'll see how that changes in the next one.
    Yes, there's nothing wrong with wanting to eat, but I suppose it is a cruel world, theirs much more so, with multiple nuclear attacks, human experimentation, etc.. in their war. He developed pica due to eating sand, rocks, bones or tree bark every day to supplement his insufficient real food, and his chronic starvation caused him to develop Prader-wili syndrome. I can see how someone would think the way he apparently does.

On that note, it looks like we have a clear connection between the nitro and the four beast, likewise it looks like the nitro intend to sacrifice a huge number of people during the gourmet eclipse, probably as a necessary step to acquiring GOD, and apparently PAIR is sentient and clairvoyant.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winterwyrm View Post
    Yes, there's nothing wrong with wanting to eat, but I suppose it is a cruel world, theirs much more so, with multiple nuclear attacks, human experimentation, etc.. in their war. He developed pica due to eating sand, rocks, bones or tree bark every day to supplement his insufficient real food, and his chronic starvation caused him to develop Prader-wili syndrome. I can see how someone would think the way he apparently does.

On that note, it looks like we have a clear connection between the nitro and the four beast, likewise it looks like the nitro intend to sacrifice a huge number of people during the gourmet eclipse, probably as a necessary step to acquiring GOD, and apparently PAIR is sentient and clairvoyant.
    Dude, one does not "develop" Prader-Willi syndrome. It's a genetic disorder!
    So don't go throw around big words you don't understand.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the Prader-Willi syndrome was a stretch and not an accurate description of Midora's condition, but your reaction is incredibly inappropriate. Please don't flame people over what could have been either a mistake or just a bad analogy, it makes you look even worse. He clearly read something like this which is SPOT ON for Midora:

Quote Quote:
    Food craving and weight gain. The classic signs of the disorder are a constant craving for food and a rapid gain in weight. Because a child with Prader-Willi syndrome is always hungry, he or she eats frequently and consumes large portions. A child may develop unusual food-seeking behaviors, such as hoarding food or eating things such as garbage or frozen food.
    That's one of symptoms of this disorder, though the other symptoms are not right. As is the cause, as you stated.
    Last edited by obamamania; September 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4