Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with hawk?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the deal with hawk?

Hawk, that magnificent and potentially delicious pig.... What is up with him? So far the manga has given a pretty ambiguous explanation about his origins. We know he has a mother and we know meliodas met him right after the incident which made him infamous in britania. Meliodas said that hawk was just there when he woke up. So... why would hawk just be there? Why would he then proceed to accompany meliodas? Is there more to hawk? Perhaps there is something to his delusions of grandeur?

Is there a chance that he has some relationship to another sin? Perhaps he simply has to keep an eye over meliodas? Or is he perhaps related to meliodas' sacred treasure? For some reason I can't help but think there might be a relationship there. What made me really suspicious is the fact that hawk does not remember the treasure. Meliodas said he sold it for money to buy the bar however if that was true then wouldn't have hawk seen that happen? Well, hawk did not seem to know about the sacred treasures to begin with but if meliodas had a weapon he sold then hawk should have been there.

Any other ideas as to why hawk just happened to be there when meliodas awoke?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the deal with hawk?

Yes, I have been wondering about that. To me he was the main suspicious villain. It's very strange that he were just there. Now, I don't find weird that Hawk doesn't remember the treasure, because maybe he didn't know that was Melioda's treasure. What I find really weird is that Meliodas would have sold his treasure. I mean, he did it to be able to open the bar to get info about the other sins. Being a treasures what it is, it's a high price to that what he paid only for the possibility to gather information.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Hawk is really a villain. But even if I liked the character at first, I find that his pride statements have become a bit annoying. But yeah maybe it is explain by the fact that he was once really powerful and transformed into a talking pig. But then why make a secret of it ?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Another weird thought, what was the first thing we ever saw about hawk? He was eating lots of crappy leftovers... almost like a glutton. What if hawk is the pig sin of glutony in disguise? It would be kinda weird that meliodas would fail to see through the disguise. It would be somewhat consistent with hawk's random unjustified claims of power.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

If Hawk is some sort of mystery then I am 100% sure that Hawk is not a villain. Hawk is very loyal to Meliodas and (s)he protects Elisabeth at his/her best.

Hawk is a curiosity, it is a talking pig and the fact that Hawk can talk means that there is some rational, intelligent and emotional being in it. I can not tell who Hawk is and how Hawk ended up with Meliodas but maybe Hawk's role will be played out once all sins are gathered. I think Hawk is some sort of guidance for the sins later on
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawk must havean interesting backstory but I don't think he is a villain. What is most surprising is that there is a lot of mystical creatures in NNT world but people are always surprised to see him talk. His mother don't talk too, maybe he has been victim of a spell or something.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I said "Hawk the main suspicious villain" as an hyperbole that points how harmless he is. How could someone as tender as him be a villain? I hope someday he has some real power....

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

**toby appears and groinkicks ukimix**

Well, hawk being a bad guy seems to much of a stretch IMO too. I mean, what would be his role? If he was a spy there would not be a need for the holy knights to look for him. If he was a bad guy waiting for something to happen it wouldn't make sense for anyone to be hunting for him as they would be in the way.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

everybody felt under my sharingan illusion

I predict the Pig clan exists, and Hawk is its exiled prince...
    Last edited by ukimix; September 21, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

and maybe the GUILD of LEFTOVERS is real hahahahah

there's no doubt that Meliodias saved Hawk a long time ago and now follows him anywhere either Meliodias saved Hawk and the big pig that carry the bar from poachers or Hawk is dying of hunger and Meliodias fed him leftovers hahahaha

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    and maybe the GUILD of LEFTOVERS is real hahahahah

there's no doubt that Meliodias saved Hawk a long time ago and now follows him anywhere either Meliodias saved Hawk and the big pig that carry the bar from poachers or Hawk is dying of hunger and Meliodias fed him leftovers hahahaha
    Actually, we already know how they met.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/142835/...ed-hawk-neo/19

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We are aware of that moment, the issue is that it is massively unclear to put it mildly. All he said was that he met hawk shortly after awakening in that whole which is not really much to go on and leaves plenty of room for speculation.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Athur's nephew Gawain supposedly is also referred to as Gwalchmei referring to a Hawk.
    Called the Maiden's Knight, the champion of Women.

Wonder if that comes in.
    Last edited by Beatrice; September 28, 2013 at 06:36 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

don't know if it's of any importance...but hawk sense of smell goes a lot farther than just smelling food...
    Spoiler show

maybe,hawk and his mother are drawn to holy knights and/or sins....hence them finding meliodas(speaking of which,where was this hole and why didn't the holy knights take him into custody?whomever knocked out the cap'n must have moved him away from the battlefield...)
    we see hawk sniffed out the holy knight and we've also seen that his mother sniffs out good areas to collect info on the sins...
    as far as talking...didn't someone mention that they asked for a talking pig as a gift....
    Last edited by gnut; November 17, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that I'm just throwing out there. Why does Ban call him " master " ? Has anyone noticed that ?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast